Eros Grezda

Grezda, is the Pena of this season. Anybody that has said we should keep him has obviously no seen him at games. He looks like he has the wrong boots on.

I agree, based on his onfield performances I would say he looks far less talented and effective as Pena let alone the same.

He has shown nothing to suggest he has it.

thank god nobody in scottish football other than rangers fans know who he is as his social media accounts are embarrassing.

Gerrard was done for assault while pissed, he was no angel so lets not pretend he judges a player on the fact he drives his motor a bit fast.

The bampottery in this place is astounding at times.

Hardly bampottery to suggest a manager wouldn’t look favorably on employees behaving like clowns.....

Grezda - horrendous. I dont see anything to say give him more chances. I pray there Is enough credit with him in Croatia to get rid for money.

I'd keep barisic.

Did a 'right good pre season' help Herrera? Or Pena? Or Senderos? Or 1,001 other players who simply aren't what we require?

All 3 of those examples are very different to Grezda though. Peña and Herrera were late 20s, so while they would have required time they would have been rightly expected to show more.

Senderos was highly experienced in British football and beyond.

Grezda is 23, was injured when signed, and has subsequently had bad luck with injuries. It's unfair to compare his situation with those players.

I’ve not seen them what are they like?
london wannabe gangster but tbh its probably the timing a lot of the time that bugs me. uploads of him playing in a gers top on days we have just lost or drawn a game. grinds my gears when its not a performance that should be remembered.

Then again i'm sure if he was playing well these things wouldnt bother me and its probably more to do with that.

All 3 of those examples are very different to Grezda though. Peña and Herrera were late 20s, so while they would have required time they would have been rightly expected to show more.

Grezda is 23, was injured when signed, and has subsequently had bad luck with injuries. It's unfair to compare his situation with those players.

But he looks like he has left footed boots on both feet...you cannot SEE a player there when he does come on.

But he looks like he has left footed boots on both feet...you cannot SEE a player there when he does come on.

I heartily disagree with that assessment.

I've seen signs from him. I'd also urge everyone to watch his movement when he plays. The number of times he's been in a great position for a cut back or pass but not given the ball is high. He gets into the box from wide and looks to get goals.

He may not work out overall, but his style is what we've needed over the season. Having him and Murphy fit would have offered a real different option.

It's worrying to me that half of this board wrote him off after a bad game against Cowdenbeath.

Like it or lump it he's been our best LB this season.

He played a big part in our progression in Europe this season and on the most part is solid.

Cowdenbeath was hardly his only bad game, was it? Even in this run of 3 games where he's being portrayed as the next Arthur Numan, there have been incidences in every one of the games where he's looked suspect. At least once a game he commits and gets easily beaten by a winger cutting inside. It happened at Motherwell, and Hearts. But nobody cares because we didn't lose points.

Basically he looks like what he is. A right back playing at left back. If people think he looks better than Barisic or Halliday, fine. But that doesn't mean he should be our first choice left back. Our only options, if we're serious about a title push next year, are persevering with Barisic in the hope that the qualities he surely has come to the fore, or punting him and signing a new one with Flanagan and Halliday continuing as back ups.

I've seen signs from him. I'd also urge everyone to watch his movement when he plays. The number of times he's been in a great position for a cut back or pass but not given the ball is high. He gets into the box from wide and looks to get goals.

He may not work out overall, but his style is what we've needed over the season. Having him and Murphy fit would have offered a real different option.

I'm not at all shocked we heartily disagree.

If he ever becomes our main go-to winger then I'll donate to RSEA quite happily.

It does.

The facts are that our management team will make mistakes...it is NOT bad form to admit they got some signings wrong.

It does.

The facts are that our management team will make mistakes...it is NOT bad form to admit they got some signings wrong.

Grezda won't have been a signing Gerrard had been after for some time. How could he have been. He was injured for a long while, even before Gerrard was appointed.

He's been a mistake sadly, and looks a poor footballer. He'll move on in the summer and we will hopefully get some cash back.

I am certain we can recoup the money for him and Barisic...and simply 'go again'.

Neither has what it takes here to win the battle, impose their natural game on their direct opponent, want to play through the pain barrier etc. Not 'bad' players but not what we require.

I am certain we can recoup the money for him and Barisic...and simply 'go again'.

Neither has what it takes here to win the battle, impose their natural game on their direct opponent, want to play through the pain barrier etc. Not 'bad' players but not what we require.

Think getting the cash back on Barisic will be ok. He went to a bigger side before and struggled badly and was back at Osijek the year after.

It does.

It really doesn't.

Plenty of Rangers fans would tell you Bedoya was a poor player. He went on to have a good career in France's top league.

That's just one example from thousands where, in the moment, we get it wrong, positively or negatively.

All just a guessing game on here by children who take big huffs when someone doesn't live up to expectations straight away. The general levels of patience and understanding are very poor among our support.

Which makes discussions like this all a waste of time really! :-D

It really doesn't.

Plenty of Rangers fans would tell you Bedoya was a poor player. He went on to have a good career in France's top league.

That's just one example from thousands where, in the moment, we get it wrong, positively or negatively.

All just a guessing game on here by children who take big huffs when someone doesn't live up to expectations straight away. The general levels of patience and understanding are very poor among our support.

Out of curiosity, what have you actually seen from Grezda that gives an indication that he has ability?

What I've seen is a player who looks awkward on the ball, lacks composure, and has been bypassed by other team mates reluctant to pass him the ball.

There's been plenty of occasions when he's been fit and Gerrard just will not play him, or will only give him very limited minutes. He'll get about 15 minutes if we're cruising - at best.

The bulk of the evidence points towards him not being able to cut it. Whether other players have looked poor and then turned out to be effective elsewhere is neither here nor there as firstly, they are the exception rather than the rule. Secondly, we can't waste more time and wages on a player on the off chance he'll come good (when there's little evidence to suggest he will).

This guy is on healthy wages and was bought for a substantial fee. It's really not too much to ask for him to show a helluva lot more than he has.

Out of curiosity, what have you actually seen from Grezda that gives an indication that he has ability?

What I've seen is a player who looks awkward on the ball, lacks composure, and has been bypassed by other team mates reluctant to pass him the ball.

There's been plenty of occasions when he's been fit and Gerrard just will not play him, or will only give him very limited minutes. He'll get about 15 minutes if we're cruising - at best.

The bulk of the evidence points towards him not being able to cut it. Whether other players have looked poor and then turned out to be effective elsewhere is neither here nor there as firstly, they are the exception rather than the rule. Secondly, we can't waste more time and wages on a player on the off chance he'll come good (when there's little evidence to suggest he will).

This guy is on healthy wages and was bought for a substantial fee. It's really not too much to ask for him to show a helluva lot more than he has.

I don't see where the "awkward" thing comes from at all.

I've seen him beat players, create chances, be in great positions but not be picked out. He works hard to track back - the Hearts away game, he was excellent in that regard.

I'm not claiming he's been brilliant, but I find your assessment unbalanced.

Similar excuses were rolled out for all of them though.

In fact for every dud over the past few years from some people we get nonsense stats and an endless roll of excuses about why it will all be just fine if we make pretend.

This is verging on the our players weren't intelligent enough to spot Pena's runs etc nonsense.

Gerrard picks players on merit. The fact he hasn't played much tells it's own story. Gerrard started an 18 year old kid (who's now back playing with the reserves) in a must win European tie away to Vienna over him.

I happen to think he's quite a tidy player but he's too lightweight for Scottish Football. It doesn't suit him, he's not the first or the last player that will be the case with.

I don't see where the "awkward" thing comes from at all.

I've seen him beat players, create chances, be in great positions but not be picked out. He works hard to track back - the Hearts away game, he was excellent in that regard.

I'm not claiming he's been brilliant, but I find your assessment unbalanced.

I actually think he has a good touch & looks quite smooth on the ball albeit the last couple of games he played before he was injured (again), his touch had gone out the window & he looked low on confidence. He also tracked back a heck of a lot more than I expected.

For me, he had a few positive performances (fairly average but some good flashes) & I was waiting on him "arriving" in one game & having a proper good run. However he went the opposite way & looked v poor in the last couple of performances.

Grezda, is the Pena of this season. Anybody that has said we should keep him has obviously no seen him at games. He looks like he has the wrong boots on.

I'll say it, but at least Pena looked a player that was woefully out of shape. Grezda has shown nothing

It wasn't a sitter. It was a very good chance, but by no means a sitter. Even top players miss that kinda chance from time to time.
I was behind the goal and he should be tucking it away.

Fast forward to 4:55

He needs to be at the very least hitting the target from there

That's not a sitter.

He's about 16 yards out. He has to take it first time because he's getting shut down by a defender and the ball is fired at him fast.

There's also numerous bodies between him and the goal.

Never mind a sitter it's not even a particularly good chance.

Watching that video made my stomach sink. Haven't watched the highlights of that game back until now. We were great in Europe this season, we really should've qualified from that group. So many nearly moments.

Bizarre signing which raised eyebrows at the time.

You would have thought, given our limited resources and the urgency required to put together a winning side, that we'd buy players who can walk straight into the team. So buying a player who is injured with no pre-season etc. for £2m is crazy. Unless he's absolutely amazing, which clearly he isn't...

It really doesn't.

It's not just a matter of getting it right or wrong though. Some players are suited to playing in certain leagues with a certain style of football and some aren't.

In my opinion, Grezda isn't a bad footballer. I just don't think he's going to cut it here in Scotland with us, with all the pressure playing for us brings.

I won't be surprised if he moves elsewhere in Europe this summer and is a standout next season for whoever he joins.

Same applies for Barisic for me.

That's not a sitter.

He's about 16 yards out. He has to take it first time because he's getting shut down by a defender and the ball is fired at him fast.

We’ll agree to disagree

That's not a sitter.

Aye it is.

Even I could tuck that one away.

Where is Grezda, he's not featured since coming off the bench at Fir Park?

Doubt we’ll see him again. Monumental waste of money considering some of the business we’ve conducted (Kamara for 50k for example). Hopefully we can recoup a decent amount of what he cost this summer.

Barisic and Grezda aren't bad players but their attitudes have been stinking and they really haven't put in the effort to toughen up and knuckle down. Both have the ability to do it but whether or not they get the chance is up to Stevie G and he may have seen enough already to want rid.

End of season review

Nowhere near good enough, nothing so far that makes me have any faith in him to do anything for us

Move him on

Back