Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

Yep and remember they have already tried to distance themselves from CBC so they would be liars as well there is no way they can say it's a seperate entity the names of officials,directors,players through the years have them linked. I don't know who's idea it was to tell them to say " seperate entity " but it's that in the end that could be their downfall. Sky News have already today made contact with one of the family's involved and that is from the family.
pm sent

Reluctant to post this in light of the high regard the man is held in by many on here. But when we are applauding a minute before kick off on Sunday, we will be applauding a man who was club captain and manager during these dark times. It's hard to believe he wasn't aware of what was going on. If I am out of line delete the post
Around the club for decades course he knew, that's nearly as bad as the actual crime

Disturbing that 6 convicted Paedos will have been found guilty of child sexual abuse crimes and all connected to CBC and CFC and NOT ONE investigation into this paedo ring which was in operation for over 40 years

40 years - let that sink in

Torbett
Cairney
Strachan
Cullen
King
McCafferty (if true he’s plead guilty)

Surely an proper journalist should be joining the dots and getting this sordid club and Directors / Managers / Senior Execs named and shamed due to the amount of evidence a paedo ring has been operating during this timescale

Factor in Lawrence Haggart the CFC youth player who was murdered in 1996

McCafferty called his house on the very day he was murdered by another Paedo is also concerning too

CFC links to Barry Bennell and the “tournaments”

CFC links to Jimmy Savile

CFC links to the Catholic Church. The church being the biggest Paedo ring in the world

You have to wonder why these links have not been investigated and the Directors and Senior Execs not charged with aiding and abetting the abusers to allow this level of abuse to go undetected for decades

I hope the alleged documentary makers are joining the dots

Mark Daly and BBC won’t delve too deeply and certainly won’t be asking why no CFC Directors have not faced any charges for the “open secrets” at CFC and their affiliated Boys Club

Shame on them and I hope the victims sue for compensation and someone asks why the NDA’s were issued by lawyers representing CFC

A public inquiry is required on CFC

Tuesday will come and go and unfortunately,the cynic in me says the scum will slowly slink away into the background and escape punishment .
In my mind,they should have their operaters licence withdrawn,demoted to below 3rd tier (closed if possible) and their directors and any other staff involved,placed on the sex offenders list.

Unfortunately this is exactly what will happen.

Yes there will be a documentary but it will all blow over. Unless someone from outside Scotland runs with this it will be no more than bad press. Saw something on twitter that the lawyers here have had a rethink based on some internal legal advise. I know its only twitter but would explain the silence from them. Even if Celtic did get held accountable the compo would be minimal. Compensation is terrible in this country compared to the US for example.

Strachan,Torbett,Cairney,Cullen, Mccafferty & King
The double treble
Every one of them convicted
Only ones left are the enablers and facilitators
The ones that turned a blind eye
They are as guilty as those named above
They all knew what was going on
Even Clouseau could join the dots
Hopefully justice is coming
How can the name of a football club mean more than the lives of these young men that were only trying to fulfill their dreams
Sickened to the core by the lot of this but questions have to be asked as to why it has taken cases in England to highlight this
It really shows this country in a bad light

With enough exposure and all the secrets out,this will stint a generation of possible Celtic supporters.theres alot of high profile people who will have to chastise Celtic through gritted teeth.the same people who put that club before the victims.when the lid blows,they deserve everything that's coming.

If this rumoured guilty plea is correct and celtic are considered culpable, then they will afford the fines, they will continue to control the scottish media and they will continue to attack others without a moment's reflection of their own behaviour but what they won't control is their worldwide even UK wide reputation and their sponsorship opportunities and potential investors being put off by recent headlines.

I hope justice is done and the victims finally get their closure but I'm sceptical to say the least

2 damming documentarys to be aired soon.
No way in Hell their walking away from this, I hope it goes stateside and they are finished with the compo.
But not till the victims here get their just justice.
For me the mentally challengeds have nowhere to hide!

2? mark daly is one and who is the other documentary from? interesting stuff i never knew there was second one

2? mark daly is one and who is the other documentary from? interesting stuff i never knew there was second one

jf1960 posted on this thread a couple of weeks ago, that - in addition to the Mark Daly documentary - a three-part series (3 episodes of 90 minutes) from the producer and director the BAFTA-winning documentary on the Hillsborough disaster, is in production.

jf1960 posted on this thread a couple of weeks ago, that - in addition to the Mark Daly documentary - a three-part series (3 episodes of 90 minutes) from the producer and director the BAFTA-winning documentary on the Hillsborough disaster, is in production.

oooft, will be interesting

Whilst the deeds of this rancid club and the perpetrators is well know as is the cover up, to this day there doesn't seem to be an appetite from the authorities whether it is the government, the football authorities nor other clubs to pursue them either through courts or an inquiry. To protect the name of an organisation before the well being and deserved justice of the victims and their families leaves me with vomit in my mouth. The powers that be are protecting a block vote to pursue their political aims and with their lack of leadership, have left victims with nothing. No justice. This country is run by facilitators if they do nothing but ignore the plea for justice through an independent public inquiry. I despise the country we have become and it's all down the SNP, the RC church and them.

Every time I see this thread getting bumped I get my hopes up that finally it's an actual possible step towards justice for the victims.

The word soon is getting stretched tracing paper thin. Been soon for decades.

I hope optimistic posters have a firm belief of victim's getting some closure before they post. Otherwise it's a horribly emotive subject to be speculating about in the hope that the bheasts get held to account.

I truly hope for the victims there is a trace of truth is some of the posts.

That was an old case - 2009 - but, yes, Strachan was chairman of a team part funded by celtc.

Thought it was more recent than that when I saw the post but still, they like to think it happened away in the distant past so no need to worry about it. That was 10 years ago, that’s not the distant past, not a different generation, different era. It can’t be dismissed as ‘those things happened back then’.

It just goes to show unless authorities hammer the sick bastards then they won’t stop. Genuinely think the place should be shut down.

For starters, the stadium might rise come Sunday, turn the back to the playing field and sing BJK. Will get world-wide attention ...

While waving a white hankie in the air. Just needs to be a white tissue, you get about 200 in a box from supermarkets. Gives another dimension, they can cut the sound on tv so people don't hear, but then people will ask why the white tissues.

Last edited:
Every time I see this thread getting bumped I get my hopes up that finally it's an actual possible step towards justice for the victims.

The word soon is getting stretched tracing paper thin. Been soon for decades.

I hope optimistic posters have a firm belief of victim's getting some closure before they post. Otherwise it's a horribly emotive subject to be speculating about in the hope that the bheasts get held to account.

I truly hope for the victims there is a trace of truth is some of the posts.
Any posts I've put on have already been verified anything they do not want put on I'm sure they just keep it to themselves until ready

Still of the opinion that Celtic won’t get any punishment to the club itself other than to at compensation to the victims. There will be no appetite to peruse anything else and the govt will say the victims have had there day in court and we hope they can find peace with it. Basically a it’s been dealt with let’s move on
That is my fear as well. They will just front it out.

They won’t slip this one, other than Mark Daley’s new piece, one of the most admired documentary makers is on twitter showing real interest in the story after learnings of how so many could be at one Club, looks like he is doing his researching just now before doing his own high profile documentary.. carpet is not big enough this time
A hole in the rug caused by rotting filth.

Regan was Liewels buddy he's the one who forwarded the names and address's of people who complained to FARE about C@ltic.
FARE passed the personal details to Regan and he in turn sent these peoples names and home address to the very people that were complained about to Peter Liewell.
Liewell then sent the complainants letters as if to say look at this, you complain to Fare about us and we know who you are and where you live.
Talk about the mafia, all crooks working in conjunction with each other we need to take this stuff away from their tentacles of corruption and collusion as they are suppressing it and ensuring there is no real action or justice.

Despicable mafia like stuff mate :mad:

Regan sent a taxi for Andy and they both had lunch overlooking the park at hampden a few years back,Regan was sympathetic I was told and put in place councillors for him to help with his issue’s of abuse,Andy got a call a few weeks later to say the sessions were being pulled because of funding.

An absolute piss take from the governing body that allowed all this abuse of Andrew and others under their watch from all those years ago,I hope the get the took to cleaners by survivors if they go down that route!

If this rumoured guilty plea is correct and celtic are considered culpable, then they will afford the fines, they will continue to control the scottish media and they will continue to attack others without a moment's reflection of their own behaviour but what they won't control is their worldwide even UK wide reputation and their sponsorship opportunities and potential investors being put off by recent headlines.

I hope justice is done and the victims finally get their closure but I'm sceptical to say the least

They can control the Scottish media as much as they like mate. I realise at this moment it's an "if", but If just 1 of these documentaries gets a UK-wide or better still, worldwide audience, they will be outed & no amount of sweep, sweeping will help them. They are hopefully about to have to pay the piper for their sordid, disgusting history.

Regan sent a taxi for Andy and they both had lunch overlooking the park at hampden a few years back,Regan was sympathetic I was told and put in place councillors for him to help with his issue’s of abuse,Andy got a call a few weeks later to say the sessions were being pulled because of funding.

An absolute piss take from the governing body that allowed all this abuse of Andrew and others under their watch from all those years ago,I hope the get the took to cleaners by survivors if they go down that route!
There's a strong argument for FIFA and UEFA getting involved

If that is what happened, those running Scottish football at the time should be banned Sine Die from the sport

They can control the Scottish media as much as they like mate. I realise at this moment it's an "if", but If just 1 of these documentaries gets a UK-wide or better still, worldwide audience, they will be outed & no amount of sweep, sweeping will help them.

Get a link to the documentary/story posted on reddit at a particular time. Get a number of people to upvote it all at once (the more the better) and bam!! It’s on the front page of one of the most popular websites in the world. They went really big for the Penn State scandal and made it world news.

Take out the middle men of the Scottish media.

Disturbing that 6 convicted Paedos will have been found guilty of child sexual abuse crimes and all connected to CBC and CFC and NOT ONE investigation into this paedo ring which was in operation for over 40 years

40 years - let that sink in

Torbett
Cairney
Strachan
Cullen
King
McCafferty (if true he’s plead guilty)

Surely an proper journalist should be joining the dots and getting this sordid club and Directors / Managers / Senior Execs named and shamed due to the amount of evidence a paedo ring has been operating during this timescale

Factor in Lawrence Haggart the CFC youth player who was murdered in 1996

McCafferty called his house on the very day he was murdered by another Paedo is also concerning too

CFC links to Barry Bennell and the “tournaments”

CFC links to Jimmy Savile

CFC links to the Catholic Church. The church being the biggest Paedo ring in the world

You have to wonder why these links have not been investigated and the Directors and Senior Execs not charged with aiding and abetting the abusers to allow this level of abuse to go undetected for decades

I hope the alleged documentary makers are joining the dots

Mark Daly and BBC won’t delve too deeply and certainly won’t be asking why no CFC Directors have not faced any charges for the “open secrets” at CFC and their affiliated Boys Club

Shame on them and I hope the victims sue for compensation and someone asks why the NDA’s were issued by lawyers representing CFC

A public inquiry is required on CFC
7 if you include Torbett twice

Just to confirm that S76 of the Criminal Procedure (Scotland) Act is a procedure which accelerates the judicial process, in circumstances where the accused intimates an intention to plead guilty in writing, to the Procurator Fiscal. It is likely that he will attract a discount in sentencing.

McCafferty is 72 I think. Even with a discounted sentence he is, hopefully, dying in jail.

Back