George Edmundson

KGR98

Linked with a move in the daily fail
21 year old cb at Oldham highly rated lots of interest valued at 450k

Can't say I know anything about the player at all. Well documented that we will be looking for two centre-backs though, so you'd assume one with experience and the other a potential 'rising star'.

I'm sure Gerrard will have been impressed with the recent form of Katic and Goldson seems his 'Mr Reliable' go-to option. Even if we get Edmundson I'd expect another centre-back to join who will be considered a regular starter.

Won Community Trust player of the season and Players’ player of the season at their end of term awards.

He was also voted into the English Football League’s League Two team of the year.

Ever present alongside Steve Clarke.

The lad had obviously had a solid season.

Kamara came from a team relegated. Just saying.
Of course. The interest in him suggests he's a good player. You just wouldn't expect a centre back of the quality we're looking for to be playing for a team conceding so many at such a low level.

Of course. The interest in him suggests he's a good player. You just wouldn't expect a centre back of the quality we're looking for to be playing for a team conceding so many at such a low level.
Playing with better players can bring out the best, different coaching, there are many things that can improve players.
Not all are successful.
However paying a couple of million on a player cannot guarantee a success either, we have learned from both options.

Exactly type we should be looking at,good potential,young and possible sell on value.
Over last 6 games honestly think gerrard has been impressed with the Goldson/katic combination and rightly so.
£450,000 on 3/4 choice c.b makes good sense

He could be excellent but the other 3 or 4 defenders and the midfielder or midfielders who play along side him could be rank rotten.
If he's cheap has huge potential then I'm all for it
you tend to find a lot of some of the best defenders in the world start off at teams who are poor and they constantly have to defend
which improves their game and once they join a decent team their confidence grows and before you know it you have a very good defender in your squad.

Don't think it's happening am afraid.

Apparently he got a bad shock after eating a scone at lunch time......too many currents in it.

Apologies. :)

I've seen him a few times this season. Basic physical defender but struggles under pressure.

Curtis Tilt (Blackpool) would be a better option if we are still in for him

Seems the Sun have been spying on this thread:

Rangers target George Edmundson given VIP tour of Hummel Training Centre as Gerrard steps up interest

The highly-rated defender, 21, is also wanted by the likes of Hull and Stoke City but Gers hope to win the race for his signature

RANGERS are weighing up a £450,000 swoop for Oldham defender George Edmundson.
SunSport Online can reveal the highly-rated stopper was given a VIP tour of the Hummel Training Centre last week.

It’s believed Stoke City, Sunderland, Hull City, Preston and Fleetwood Town are all interested in the 21-year-old.
But Steven Gerrard has made his intentions clear as he looks to bolster his defensive options ahead of the new season.
Joe Worrall will return to Nottingham Forest in the summer, while it's unlikely Gareth McAuley will be offered a new deal.
Edmundson has already racked up nearly 80 appearances for League Two outfit Oldham but is keen to play at a higher level.

And Gers are expected to launch a cut-price offer for the centre-half in the coming weeks after missing out on Rennes ace Mexer to Bordeaux.
Gerrard’s recruitment drive is well underway, with Jordan Jones, Jake Hastie and Steven Davis already signed up on pre-contracts.

It’s understood talks are ongoing with Aberdeen loan striker Greg Stewart, who is nearing the end of his contract with Birmingham City.
Speaking after scoring Friday night’s winner against Hearts, Stewart was coy on where his next move would be.
He said: “I just want to finish the season strong here. The summer will take care of itself.”

If we don't get him at the first attempt we should keep plugging away, pylon the pressure and flex our financial muscle but not on a scale that's right off the grid.

Spoke to a mate of mine who is a season ticket holder at Oldham. Says if we get him for £450,000 then we’ve got a steal. Says he’s a cracking player

Seems the Sun have been spying on this thread:

Rangers target George Edmundson given VIP tour of Hummel Training Centre as Gerrard steps up interest

The highly-rated defender, 21, is also wanted by the likes of Hull and Stoke City but Gers hope to win the race for his signature

RANGERS are weighing up a £450,000 swoop for Oldham defender George Edmundson.
SunSport Online can reveal the highly-rated stopper was given a VIP tour of the Hummel Training Centre last week.

It’s believed Stoke City, Sunderland, Hull City, Preston and Fleetwood Town are all interested in the 21-year-old.
But Steven Gerrard has made his intentions clear as he looks to bolster his defensive options ahead of the new season.
Joe Worrall will return to Nottingham Forest in the summer, while it's unlikely Gareth McAuley will be offered a new deal.
Edmundson has already racked up nearly 80 appearances for League Two outfit Oldham but is keen to play at a higher level.

And Gers are expected to launch a cut-price offer for the centre-half in the coming weeks after missing out on Rennes ace Mexer to Bordeaux.
Gerrard’s recruitment drive is well underway, with Jordan Jones, Jake Hastie and Steven Davis already signed up on pre-contracts.

It’s understood talks are ongoing with Aberdeen loan striker Greg Stewart, who is nearing the end of his contract with Birmingham City.
Speaking after scoring Friday night’s winner against Hearts, Stewart was coy on where his next move would be.
He said: “I just want to finish the season strong here. The summer will take care of itself.”

The life of a tablod journalist eh?

F.uc.king swamp life with zero respect for their profession.

Last edited:
Hopefully he’s well grounded and he’ll have a phased introduction to the team.

As an employee I’m amazed at the number of Electrical jokes. Hope he signs I’ll get his name on the shirts

It's well known in the football circuit that he conducts himself with zero impedance.

D6I2ZPbWAAAt02F.jpg

Back