Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

100K for want the victims suffered and are still suffering is fek all.
It will be gone before they know it. They should be set up for life and at least have no financial worries for the rest of their days.

They could Pursue higher damages if they take it to the outer house court of session instead of the sheriff court

Wonder how man
Full sentencing statement below, as published on the Judiciary of Scotland website:

On sentencing, Lord Beckett made the following statement in court:
“James McCaferty, I take account of all that has been said in mitigation. I note your age and take account of what I have been told about your state of health.
“I have taken account of your apology and expression of contrition but that can only go so far given the harm which you have caused. I will make an allowance for your having pled guilty at a relatively early stage so that none of the complainers have had to give evidence.
“I note that when you were coaching boys in the various capacities described, you have been portrayed as being physically intimidating and an overpowering personality which you used to achieve your depraved objectives.
“You took advantage of your position of trust as a football coach to groom and then sexually abuse boys who played for your teams.
You were adept at identifying the circumstances of different boys so that you could manipulate them, and in some cases their parents, in a variety of ways. All of this was done to facilitate your sexually abusing children.
“Ten complainers are named in this indictment. Your offending was carried on between 1972 and 1996. For many of the complainers the sexual abuse you inflicted on them was repeated regularly over a number of years.
“From seven impact statements which I have read and considered carefully, I have learned of the serious and lasting effects of your prolonged course of criminal conduct.
“Careers did not reach their full potential, some were cut short and lives have been seriously blighted. Many of those that you abused have suffered from enduring anxiety and depression caused by what you did.
“Conduct of this kind has a wider effect which is corrupting and socially corrosive. It has the potential to undermine the trust which people place in youth football and sports clubs. It may discourage children from joining clubs and talented coaches from leading them.
“Children being physically active and engaging in team sport is a social good which should be cherished, promoted and protected. The courts must do what they can to seek to eradicate the sexual abuse of children engaged in sport.
“It is necessary to punish you, to seek to deter you and others who would behave in this way and to mark society’s disapproval of such a prolonged course of sexual offending against children committed in breach of the trust placed in you by aspiring young footballers and their families.
“Given some relatively recent convictions of a similar nature, protection of the public remains a relevant consideration in your case.
“I will impose one sentence to cover all of the charges. Having regard to the whole circumstances, an appropriate sentence would be imprisonment for nine years.
“I do not consider your pleas of guilty to have been tendered at the first opportunity. In the normal course of events the case would have by now been indicted to a preliminary hearing.
“However, there is value in your having pled guilty in circumstances whereby a trial was never fixed and no-one had to give evidence. Accordingly, you will go to prison for six years and nine months, backdated to 25 October 2018.
“I certify that you have been convicted of sexual offences within the scope of the Sexual Offences Act 2003. You will be subject to notification requirements, commonly known as being put on the sex offender’s register, indefinitely.
“I direct the clerk of court to intimate details of your convictions to the Scottish Ministers so that they can determine if you should be included on the list of persons unsuitable to work with children.”
Would be interesting to know who added to his “mitigating circumstances” of how a good guy he was?

It’s almost 11 years to the day since Saint Tommy of Calton passed away.
Tommy Burns was vehement in his defence of one of the other beasts, Frank Cairney, when the accusations first surfaced. He was either a very bad judge of character, or he was well aware of Cairney’s sordid activities and was part of the cover up of the wider paedophile ring at the Chamber of Secrets.
You decide.
Burns knew of Cairney abusing boys on the USA tour yet 5 years later wanted him back at the club , that makes him an enabler.

The former player who spoke to Sky News described how the ex-coach used to run an under-12s team.

He told of how McCafferty asked him to help train the kids which included a weekend trip to Manchester.

"Afterwards the strangest thing happened. We all got back in the mini bus and McCafferty said, 'I am going to take you to see a friend of mine.' We drove from Manchester to Crewe and I thought, 'Why are we going to Crewe?'

"It was Barry Bennell who we met, he introduced us to him."

I'm lost for words. Vile.

i posted a valid point in the context of a news story and i get this reply

Their mindset on these crimes is both breathtaking and chilling at the same time.

Here are a couple of comments from further down the Mark Daley tweet ...

'Celtic, Rangers, hibs, boys homes, scouts, beavers, boys brigade, the bbc, the tory party, the churches, I’m sure there is more. Only rangers will escape justice as they are no longer the same club and the culprits at Ibrox not named until afterward their deaths. Dunn,WallaceETC'

'Harry Dunn dead
Jock Wallace dead
Gordon Neely dead
Rangers FC dead
Can’t prosecute the dead, but you can deflect from the in house beastialty all you like, but your only escaping justice through death, it happened if you like it or not, beast.'

'I'm glad, he should have got 32years or more and the Rangers fans who abuse the kids again to score points should get 20 years. These people are capable of child abuse if they can use and abuse the poor kids all over again.'

No words can do justice to this Celtic-obsessed obscenity.

The former player who spoke to Sky News described how the ex-coach used to run an under-12s team.

He told of how McCafferty asked him to help train the kids which included a weekend trip to Manchester.

"Afterwards the strangest thing happened. We all got back in the mini bus and McCafferty said, 'I am going to take you to see a friend of mine.' We drove from Manchester to Crewe and I thought, 'Why are we going to Crewe?'

Unequivocal evidence of a ring at that vile "club". They really are well suited to their traditional religious institution.

Nobody South of the Border is even aware that this is going on. Asbolutely shocking how much of a cover up is being perpetuated by the media and politicians in this country.

I hope it’s the silence that kills them. If they just accepted guilt they might have got away with just paying compo aye it might have cost them a few million but they would have been fine financially . This whole seperate entity defence could really turn the decent members of society against them and end up with calls for the govt or the sfa to take action . The cover up is the vile part. These horrible people are everywhere but do the right thing and you are at least not an enabler.

Evening Times

Ex-Celtic youth coach Jim McCafferty admits sex abuse against young boys

https://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/news...cafferty-admits-sex-abuse-against-young-boys/

A "DEPRAVED" former Celtic youth coach has been given a further jail sentence after admitting to a string of historic sexual offences against young boys.

Ex-kitman McCafferty, formerly of Wishaw, pled guilty to 12 non-recent sexual abuse offences against children.
The sex attacks happened between 1972 and 1996, with the predator having sexually abused boys aged between 13 and 19, under the guise of football.
At the High Court in Edinburgh, McCafferty was sentenced to six years and nine months in prison.
He was already serving time for abuse.
Police Scotland Detective Chief Inspector Sarah Taylor said McCafferty had carried out the "ultimate abuse of power."
She said: "These boys had a passion for the game, they had dreams and hopes.

"Rather than provide a place of safety for them to fulfil these dreams, he used football to prey upon them.
"The trust and respect they showed him was repaid by a complete and utter abuse of power. McCafferty exploited his position to satisfy his own sexual depravity.

"James McCafferty has blighted the lives of so many people, both his victims and their families.
"As boys, his victims lived in fear but as adults they stood united, finding the courage and strength to speak out.
"They were listened to and without their testimony we would not be here today witnessing McCafferty’s long awaited admissions of guilt."
McCafferty today admitted 10 charges of indecent assault and one of lewd and libidinous behaviour against boys aged as young as 11.

One of his victims was attacked at Celtic Park while others were assaulted at hotels, training grounds and in his car.

McCafferty, who now lives in Northern Ireland, worked at Celtic Football Club more than 20 years ago.

He was also a kit man for Falkirk and Hibs before moving to Northern Ireland in 2011.

DCI Sarah Taylor said McCafferty had used "every opportunity available" to target his innocent victims.
She added: "I would like to pay my own personal gratitude to these men. The damage that McCafferty inflicted will never be forgotten, however, today hopefully starts the process of trying to resolve the past.

"The scale of his abuse is unprecedented, and demonstrates the systematic and calculated methods he used to target his victims.

"Whether as a respected coach or an affable kitman, he used every opportunity available to perpetrate his callous abuse.
"While this investigation is concluded, we are aware that there may be people who have not felt able to report. I would urge you to do so.
"It does not matter when or where the abuse occurred, or who committed that abuse. We will listen and we will investigate.
"The sexual abuse of children is still happening across our communities and in a range of different settings."
She added: "It is up to all of us to make sure that children across Scotland can follow their interests and hobbies without fear and free from the threat of harm."

Gerry McSherry gave the police a list of 14/15 names he suggested should be investigated who were connected to CFC and CBC

If I was him I would be asking for an update on hw their enquiries are continuing as it was years ago he named people he thought were involved

It was McSherry & not Birt mate ?

The sentencing, once again, is truly baffling. The guy has essentially ruined the lives of 10 kids (minimum) and doesn't even get a year for each — how many lives do you have to ruin before you get a serious sentence?

This country is warped.
And he’ll be free in about 3 years the Kant

These cunts are more disgusted with people talking about the abuse and highlighting it than they are about the vile beasts that have destroyed lifes

Sums them and their horrible club up

Scum

Changing the name of their boys club because it was flooded with paedophiles sums them up, rather than looking for justice theyd rather pretend it wasnt them involved.

That’s what Celtic fear. National broadcasters down south running the story. Up here they can call in favours and control the narrative. Elsewhere they can’t
And that’s the biggest part bbc Scotland (and their other poodles)plays for them. They don’t report it and it isn’t picked up by as many worldwide. Same way they big up their players prices and try to downplay or ignore ours. I don’t think they’ll hide this though.

A bit sinister that the 'article' appears only in the West of Scotland part of the BBC Website, not the main Scotland site and unbelievably wasn't mentioned at all in any part of the 12.00 noon BBC Scotland News (the John Beattie thing).

That can't last for long but disgraceful nevertheless.
It's on Sky's UK news page

Gerry McSherry gave the police a list of 14/15 names he suggested should be investigated who were connected to CFC and CBC

If I was him I would be asking for an update on hw their enquiries are continuing as it was years ago he named people he thought were involved
https://stv.tv/news/west-central/14...M6ge_asbV579uQFT_3eroaKSJo0abor36ahuSODrJyLBs

Whistleblower accuses Celtic of failing sex abuse victims

STV 19 December 2018
Gerry McSherry first raised concerns about young players being targeted in the mid 90s.

By Russell Findlay
A whistleblower who exposed sexual abuse at Celtic Boys Club more than 20 years ago has accused Celtic FC of failing the victims.
Gerry McSherry first raised concerns about paedophiles targeting young footballers in the mid 1990s.

Now - following the convictions of three men - McSherry has called on Celtic chiefs to take responsibility.
The club maintains it was an "entirely separate organisation" from the boys club despite evidence of close connections between them.
McSherry, 66, said: "Celtic's position today is appalling. They should act in the moral sense.
"Forget the legal niceties - act morally and do justice for the weans that grew up and played for them.
"Celtic was founded on charity and they say 'oh it's nothing to do with us, two separate entities' ... my backside.
"They are avoiding their responsibilities here at the expense of the victims. It's the victims who matter."
Celtic fan McSherry first learned of the abuse from the club's official photographer Hugh Birt.
Birt quit as chairman of the boys' club in the mid 1980s and gave evidence in the first trial of its manager Jim Torbett in 1998. Torbett was jailed for 30 months.
Up until his death in 2013, Birt remained bitter at how the abuse was "covered up".

Last week, boys' club coach Frank Cairney, 82, was found guilty of ten abuse charges at Hamilton Sheriff Court - having been cleared of other charges in 1998.
It follows the second conviction of Torbett, 71, in November, resulting in a six-year prison sentence.
And former boys' club chairman and school teacher Gerald King, 65, will be sentenced in January after being found guilty of abusing boys and girls who he taught.
McSherry said: "Celtic Football Club should be ashamed of themselves for the way they treated the victims of Cairney, Torbett and King.
"But they should also be ashamed of the way they treated Hughie Birt. They isolated Hughie, ostracised him.
"He was treated terribly by Celtic."
A relative of Birt told STV News: "It is absolutely correct to say that Hugh felt let down and betrayed."
When McSherry learned of the boys' club abuse, he personally confronted Torbett, King and Cairney and passed information to the police and media.

He admits to throwing bricks through the windows of Torbett's former business premises.
And he was fined £100 in 1997 for making menacing phone calls to Cairney and turning up at his home.
He attempts to justify his law-breaking on the grounds that the criminal justice system failed in the 1990s.
McSherry, of Cathkin, Glasgow, said: "The police never took it seriously until I started papping bricks through windows.
"I can't arrest or charge them, put them on trial, get the verdict and jail them. I can't do that.
"All I can do is to get the attention of the police to take it up seriously so that they can nail and jail the beasts."
Police Scotland launched a full-scale investigation last year after the emergence of widespread historic sexual abuse of young footballers across the UK.
McSherry believes that Cairney and King should have been brought to justice years earlier - and warned that others have still not been caught.
He said: "I gave the police the names. 14 names, not two names.

"I gave them the names in 1995 and 1996. They only arrested Torbett and Cairney at the time.
"Clearly, serious questions need to be asked of the police."
He believes that both he and Birt were smeared for speaking out and admits that doing so took a huge toll on his personal life and "still does".
He added: "Hughie was totally discredited. So was I. I'm just a daft b******. 'Oh him, he's just a headcase'.
"That's what was going about. Does it bother me? Not in the slightest.
"It's not about me or Hughie being vindicated. It's about the weans, about them being vindicated.
"These beasts stole their childhood. And it takes them 20, 30 years before they say, 'wait a minute, it wasn't my fault'.
"But that's what they do, put the blame on the weans and they then live with that.
"Your football career is at an end if you talk about what happened. If you mention anything to do with this, your career is finished.
"Telling that to a ten-year-old, terrifies them into submission so they've got total control over that wean's childhood."
Police Scotland say their investigation identified 153 victims of child sexual abuse in Scottish football, resulting in 13 arrests.

Detective Chief Inspector Sarah Taylor said: "Most of the individuals arrested and charged for abuse as a result of that investigation, including Cairney, have now been convicted and sentenced.
"Cairney was a predator who carried out his abuse over decades, using his position of power to target his victims and to ensure that they kept quiet.
"Although reports were previously investigated by legacy forces, our proactive investigation revealed the extent of his abuse and gave a voice to his victims.
"He is now facing the consequences of his actions and I hope his victims will finally feel vindicated.
"We appreciate how difficult it can be to report abuse. We want to thank everyone who came forward and reported, we understand the courage it took and how difficult this must have been.
"Our assurance to anyone who has not felt able to report during this time, is that if they wish to report in the future - we will listen; we will investigate regardless of where or when the abuse occurred, and we will take prompt action to ensure that no-one else is at risk of harm.‎"
A spokesman for Celtic FC declined to comment.

https://stv.tv/news/west-central/14...M6ge_asbV579uQFT_3eroaKSJo0abor36ahuSODrJyLBs

Whistleblower accuses Celtic of failing sex abuse victims

STV 19 December 2018
Gerry McSherry first raised concerns about young players being targeted in the mid 90s.

By Russell Findlay
A whistleblower who exposed sexual abuse at Celtic Boys Club more than 20 years ago has accused Celtic FC of failing the victims.
Gerry McSherry first raised concerns about paedophiles targeting young footballers in the mid 1990s.

Now - following the convictions of three men - McSherry has called on Celtic chiefs to take responsibility.
The club maintains it was an "entirely separate organisation" from the boys club despite evidence of close connections between them.
McSherry, 66, said: "Celtic's position today is appalling. They should act in the moral sense.
"Forget the legal niceties - act morally and do justice for the weans that grew up and played for them.
"Celtic was founded on charity and they say 'oh it's nothing to do with us, two separate entities' ... my backside.
"They are avoiding their responsibilities here at the expense of the victims. It's the victims who matter."
Celtic fan McSherry first learned of the abuse from the club's official photographer Hugh Birt.
Birt quit as chairman of the boys' club in the mid 1980s and gave evidence in the first trial of its manager Jim Torbett in 1998. Torbett was jailed for 30 months.
Up until his death in 2013, Birt remained bitter at how the abuse was "covered up".

Last week, boys' club coach Frank Cairney, 82, was found guilty of ten abuse charges at Hamilton Sheriff Court - having been cleared of other charges in 1998.
It follows the second conviction of Torbett, 71, in November, resulting in a six-year prison sentence.
And former boys' club chairman and school teacher Gerald King, 65, will be sentenced in January after being found guilty of abusing boys and girls who he taught.
McSherry said: "Celtic Football Club should be ashamed of themselves for the way they treated the victims of Cairney, Torbett and King.
"But they should also be ashamed of the way they treated Hughie Birt. They isolated Hughie, ostracised him.
"He was treated terribly by Celtic."
A relative of Birt told STV News: "It is absolutely correct to say that Hugh felt let down and betrayed."
When McSherry learned of the boys' club abuse, he personally confronted Torbett, King and Cairney and passed information to the police and media.

He admits to throwing bricks through the windows of Torbett's former business premises.
And he was fined £100 in 1997 for making menacing phone calls to Cairney and turning up at his home.
He attempts to justify his law-breaking on the grounds that the criminal justice system failed in the 1990s.
McSherry, of Cathkin, Glasgow, said: "The police never took it seriously until I started papping bricks through windows.
"I can't arrest or charge them, put them on trial, get the verdict and jail them. I can't do that.
"All I can do is to get the attention of the police to take it up seriously so that they can nail and jail the beasts."
Police Scotland launched a full-scale investigation last year after the emergence of widespread historic sexual abuse of young footballers across the UK.
McSherry believes that Cairney and King should have been brought to justice years earlier - and warned that others have still not been caught.
He said: "I gave the police the names. 14 names, not two names.

"I gave them the names in 1995 and 1996. They only arrested Torbett and Cairney at the time.
"Clearly, serious questions need to be asked of the police."
He believes that both he and Birt were smeared for speaking out and admits that doing so took a huge toll on his personal life and "still does".
He added: "Hughie was totally discredited. So was I. I'm just a daft b******. 'Oh him, he's just a headcase'.
"That's what was going about. Does it bother me? Not in the slightest.
"It's not about me or Hughie being vindicated. It's about the weans, about them being vindicated.
"These beasts stole their childhood. And it takes them 20, 30 years before they say, 'wait a minute, it wasn't my fault'.
"But that's what they do, put the blame on the weans and they then live with that.
"Your football career is at an end if you talk about what happened. If you mention anything to do with this, your career is finished.
"Telling that to a ten-year-old, terrifies them into submission so they've got total control over that wean's childhood."
Police Scotland say their investigation identified 153 victims of child sexual abuse in Scottish football, resulting in 13 arrests.

Detective Chief Inspector Sarah Taylor said: "Most of the individuals arrested and charged for abuse as a result of that investigation, including Cairney, have now been convicted and sentenced.
"Cairney was a predator who carried out his abuse over decades, using his position of power to target his victims and to ensure that they kept quiet.
"Although reports were previously investigated by legacy forces, our proactive investigation revealed the extent of his abuse and gave a voice to his victims.
"He is now facing the consequences of his actions and I hope his victims will finally feel vindicated.
"We appreciate how difficult it can be to report abuse. We want to thank everyone who came forward and reported, we understand the courage it took and how difficult this must have been.
"Our assurance to anyone who has not felt able to report during this time, is that if they wish to report in the future - we will listen; we will investigate regardless of where or when the abuse occurred, and we will take prompt action to ensure that no-one else is at risk of harm.‎"
A spokesman for Celtic FC declined to comment.

Can this be posted under Marc Dalys timeline on twitter?

Or any propestive players.

Would any right thinking individual join a company who are publically being outted as having nurtured a child abuse scandal spanning 40 years?

I've been saying this for a while.

Anyone who uses Twitter (I don't!) could contact prospective manager/staff and players, asking simply:
"Are you happy to be linked to the one football club in the world which has had a record number of chiuld abusers linked to it ?
Which has had child abusers brought back to the club and puts money above the safety and security of boys and young men ?
Is this REALLY the Club that you want to be associated with, as it will now become ensnared in multiple claims against it for historic sexual abuses ?"

Now this is evidence that we all thought was going on

Torbett
Cairney
Strachan
King
Cullen
McCafferty

Jimmy Savile and visits to CFC and Kilsyth priests

Barry Bennell and tournaments

Priests all over CFC

Fairbridge charity and McCafferty and Torbett involvement

It screams of organised Paedo ring and not one journalist is joining the f.ucking dots here

A public enquiry is required to find the truth

Torbett
Cairney
Strachan
King
Cullen
McCafferty

Priests all over CFC

It screams of organised Paedo ring and not one journalist is joining the f.ucking dots here

Great post Div. ;)

Can this be posted under Marc Dalys timeline on twitter?

Done.

2vd1x5i.jpg

The chamber of secrets has been opened

Unfortunately,i fear the lid is still seccure on this cesspit of a club and it won't be blown off ,due to the lack of investigation and production of damning evidence by media ,police and scottish govt.

Torbett
Cairney
Strachan
King
Cullen
McCafferty

Priests all over CFC

Surely a fearless journalist will be able to join the dots.

giphy.gif

Back