Union Bears And Safe Standing.

Good news.

The whole Copland Front all safe standing would be my preferred choice.

If not, the Broomloan Front will have to suffice.

I just feel the standing section should be in the traditional “Rangers” end.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment the Copland has long since been representative of anything like the traditional Rangers end. That passion, colour and noise transferred to the Broomloan a few years back.

Hopefully something can be arranged for the centre sections of the Broomloan.

Yes please.

It will be interesting to see where its installed? I'd assume the BF but I'd much prefer the Copland.

When we do it I hope the club go all out and don't just put it in a couple of sections, the full bottom tier of either stand mentioned is where it should be.

I’ve 4 seats in BF4 I would luv to be part of the safe standing section.

After positive discussions with the club regarding safe standing we will be remaining in BF1 next season with the aim of working towards the creation of a safe standing area within the stadium in 2020.

As always limited spaces will become available within BF1 for next season, if you are interested in creating an atmosphere for 90 minutes and would like to move over to our section then please send the following details to BF1transfers@outlook.com or message the Union Bears Facebook page:

* Full Name

* Do you currently have a season ticket (yes/no)

* Rangers number (if applicable)

* Contact number

* Address

* Date of Birth

This is your chance to make a difference - move to BF1, help create an atmosphere and be part of the campaign moving towards safe standing!

Union Bears
No Surrender

Good news.

The Copland ceased being the traditional Rangers end many moons ago. I just do not see that move happening as there are too many people who have had "their" seats in the Copland for far too many years and would not take kindly to being moved. The path of least resistance would be the Broomloan front.

The Copland ceased being the traditional Rangers end many moons ago. I just do not see that move happening as there are too many people who have had "their" seats in the Copland for far too many years and would not take kindly to being moved. The path of least resistance would be the Broomloan front.
If the club decide to put it in the CF, it’ll be going in the CF.

Good news.

It’s got to be the broomloan mate with the union bears front a centre.

If Copland Front those STH will get 1st refusal in been in that area

They have to install the full area including the corner otherwise you will have issues regarding viewing as you are forcing people to stand

If the corner area had been large enough like they are at Celtic then you could have there without any viewing impact either side of it

Technically you can't have it on Euro nights as the seats are down for European fixtures, dare say it won't stop them standing right enough.
All the clubs round Europe have them including the mentally challengeds and it doesn’t have an effect.

The seats are locked for all domestic matches and then are unlocked for European matches. It doesn’t make one bit of a difference as you can still opt to stand and your seat goes back into position.

Hopefully it’s the full Broomloan Front. It’s a shame we have weapons in our support who don’t like them even though they make all the displays/tifos at Ibrox and are the only ones who sing constantly for 90 minutes. Hoping to move into the Broomie Front for next season and others should follow. See Ultras groups in Germany for example the main group is right behind the goals and it looks brilliant. If they stay in the corner it’s just not going to go anywhere.

Whilst I agree with your sentiment the Copland has long since been representative of anything like the traditional Rangers end. That passion, colour and noise transferred to the Broomloan a few years back.

Hopefully something can be arranged for the centre sections of the Broomloan.

It didn't transfer they were hounded into that daft wee corner . By having it in the Copland Front it would be a chance to right s historical wrong .

Could see the club putting it in the corner to begin with then expanding it if the demand is there (which I would imagine there would be)

It didn't transfer they were hounded into that daft wee corner . By having it in the Copland Front it would be a chance to right s historical wrong .
It'll never be in the Copland Front folk would just complain about being moved. It'll be in the Broomloan Front as most people in the Broomloan Front move there because they want to be apart of the atmosphere therefore if you have safe standing in the full stand no one will complain as you can stand where you want pretty much.

You have missed out the part where half of it could be surrendered to teams in the cup or Europe if they demand and then get a bigger than normal allocation.
What do you suggest then by having it in the Copland Front folk would complain with the "My seat for 30 years" so it wouldn't happen. Broomloan Front is where the Union Bears have been since they got moved from the Copland Rear back when they started after folk were complaining. I agree by having it in the Copland Front it would look better but can't see it happening.

Surely the aim of the club should be to incorporate a safe standing area in each of the four sides of the ground?
This would enrich the atmosphere throughout the entire stadium enhancing the experience for all supporters in attendance and increase the vocal support for the team on the park.
It would, in addition, allow the club to influence the singing sections by vetting the supporters allowed access to these areas through the control of season ticket allocation.
The club could encourage the songs we want to be sung whilst basically using a carrot and stick approach to eliminating the 'bad' songs.
If you want to be part of these sections, then make sure you take responsibility in setting the correct tone around your part of the stadium.

Win win win...surely?

Copland Front would be the best location for it so it would require folk to move so that the Union Bears can actually be in the middle. The folk there could either be moved to other parts of the Copland Front or Broomloan Front or even put at the ends. This will piss folk off but it's a compromise. An alternative altogether would be a list you could join to be transferred to the Copland Front and everyone there could put their names down first. What I'm saying is not everyone will be happy but it has more positives in terms of atmosphere and making Ibrox a fearful place for teams.

It'll never be in the Copland Front folk would just complain about being moved. It'll be in the Broomloan Front as most people in the Broomloan Front move there because they want to be apart of the atmosphere therefore if you have safe standing in the full stand no one will complain as you can stand where you want pretty much.

If the club are scared of a rabble we should just give up

Surely the aim of the club should be to incorporate a safe standing area in each of the four sides of the ground?
This would enrich the atmosphere throughout the entire stadium enhancing the experience for all supporters in attendance and increase the vocal support for the team on the park.
It would, in addition, allow the club to influence the singing sections by vetting the supporters allowed access to these areas through the control of season ticket allocation.
The club could encourage the songs we want to be sung whilst basically using a carrot and stick approach to eliminating the 'bad' songs.
If you want to be part of these sections, then make sure you take responsibility in setting the correct tone around your part of the stadium.

Win win win...surely?
Safe standing all around the stadium just defeats the whole purpose of it. Safe standing would be an area where those who want to sing for 90 minutes as well as having flags out etc taking inspiration from clubs in Europe. By having all round the stadium folk wouldn't use it and just sit down.

If the club decide to put it in the CF, it’ll be going in the CF.
Logistics will determine the safe standing area - broomie causes lees upheaval as UB are already in there and would cause less disruption for ticket office

Last edited:
Life is shit . I'd they don

If the club are scared of a rabble we should just give up
It's tiring seeing folk say "It's my seat" no it's not your seat, it's owned by the club. The club want a better atmosphere therefore by making a compromise you're helping in making Ibrox better in terms of atmosphere.

It's tiring seeing folk say "It's my seat" no it's not your seat, it's owned by the club. The club want a better atmosphere therefore by making a compromise you're helping in making Ibrox better in terms of atmosphere.

Under UEFA regulations a team can get 5% of the ground . Scottish cup it's 20% . That means we could end surrendering part of our Safe-Standing section if it goes in the Broomloan .

After positive discussions with the club regarding safe standing we will be remaining in BF1 next season with the aim of working towards the creation of a safe standing area within the stadium in 2020.

As always limited spaces will become available within BF1 for next season, if you are interested in creating an atmosphere for 90 minutes and would like to move over to our section then please send the following details to BF1transfers@outlook.com or message the Union Bears Facebook page:

* Full Name

* Do you currently have a season ticket (yes/no)

* Rangers number (if applicable)

* Contact number

* Address

* Date of Birth

This is your chance to make a difference - move to BF1, help create an atmosphere and be part of the campaign moving towards safe standing!

Union Bears
No Surrender
Best of luck guys and hope it goes well.

Safe standing all around the stadium just defeats the whole purpose of it. Safe standing would be an area where those who want to sing for 90 minutes as well as having flags out etc taking inspiration from clubs in Europe. By having all round the stadium folk wouldn't use it and just sit down.
No, I mean a small section in each of the sides of the stadium.
I think we can find four different sections of supporters who want to stand and sing in all four sides of the stadium.
They, of course, need to be in areas where they don't interfere with the view of other supporters.
I am sure this could be managed.

Back