Make yourself at home Gaffer

Should be able to cut about town without folk invading his privacy like that

I'm fairly sure that Gerrard is not naive enough to think that he can go for a pint in a die hard Rangers pub and not have people take pics or ask for selfies. In fact, and if I'm being cynical, I would say that he hoped he would get snapped. Not exactly bad for his fan cred is it?

That is a superb photo. Nice to see the gaffer looking comfortable and having a beer. Well deserved.
I can’t tell you how long it’s been since I was in the district bar, but it was always a good time. I remember they used to have a double sided picture frame, with Durrant on one side and Super on the other, and every time Ian would come in, he would be straight behind the bar to turn it back to him.:)):))

He totally deserves that beer. Hope it was on the house.
I'd like to see him doing more of this and enjoying himself here in Scotland.

I'm fairly sure that Gerrard is not naive enough to think that he can go for a pint in a die hard Rangers pub and not have people take pics or ask for selfies. In fact, and if I'm being cynical, I would say that he hoped he would get snapped. Not exactly bad for his fan cred is it?

Na I don't think Stevie G thinks like that at all to be honest. That would be a very Brendan 'David Brent' Rodgers way of thinking.

He was playing football against a group of lads he's become familiar with over time, one of whom is the manager (& son of owner) of a bar a few minutes down the road from where the game took place. He, along with the rest of the group, were invited along for a pint afterwards and the rest is history.

It's as simple as that in my opinion.

Last edited:
Na I don't think Stevie G thinks like that at all to be honest. That would be a very Brendan 'David Brent' Rodgers way of thinking.

He was playing football against a group of lads he's become familiar with over time, one of whom is the manager (& son of owner) of a bar a few minutes down the road from where the game took place. He, along with the rest of the group, were invited along for a pint afterwards and the rest is history.

It's as simple as that in my opinion.
And Considering the District bar Sponsors the team, only fair they go there for a post match Beer

into the lounge instead of the bar,that's to be expected, justin serve him his beer i take it,, as for the gaffers hoodie,possibly might be one of his own brand of clothing range

Back