Spiers raises his head above the parapet

It's actually starting to annoy me more and more that he's decided to come up with this. It's absolutely disgusting that he is trying to turn it on it's head and make it look like Rangers fans are using this for point scoring. It's a massive insult to the Rangers support and shows what an absolutely depraved scumbag Spiers is. He can just continue to get lower and lower with no limit on how low.

In the past he has defended child abusers and essentially is doing the same thing here again.

The man is a snivelling coward who doesn't have the balls to stand up and call things as he sees them. Rather, he'll resort to targeting us and our support which is the easier option than calling out the real problem, which of course would mean incurring the wrath of Lawwell and their support.

Spiers, you spineless slug of a man. I know you are reading this and I know that you know that every word I have said there is the truth.

That was uncalled for. I see slugs on my driveway most wet mornings. I now feel that I have to go out and apologise to them. Spiers is only confirming what everyone already knows. He is a pathetic excuse for a human being whose hatred of Rangers far exceeds his (hopeful) distaste for paedophiles and their protectors. Of course, he has defended and supported paedophiles in the past. What sort of moral compass does this creature have? A family man?, gives me the shivers.

This is simple, and I am sure I speak for pretty much every normal human being:

If we could click our fingers and have everything the way we wanted, every single one of us that is of sound mind would click their fingers and make it that possibly hundreds of young men had not had their lives ruined. Nobody would click their fingers and make it that those kids were abused to 'get one over' on the scum.

Unfortunately, nobody has that power so I will take absolute glee in the knowledge that the vile individuals, and any subsequent group they formed, are under the scrutiny of the law and now the public. I will take absolute joy in the fact that anyone who allowed this to happen will come under increasing scrutiny. I will continue to be delighted that the victims are finally heading towards a little closure and may, hopefully, be able to start piecing their lives back together. I will take great satisfaction from knowing that the umbrella these scumbags worked under, almost right out in the open, is about to be shown to the world for what it is.

All of that is 100% irrespective of ANY of the names involved. It could be a high street supermarket, a rugby club or a religious organisation. It does not change because of who it is, the 'glee' at finally seeing justice done is universal and does not wear a football shirt.

To Speirs, the above statement is more worthy of derision than the act of actually abusing a child. Being glad about child abusers being brought to justice is more worthy of comment, and censure, than people abusing children or people aiding and abetting the abuse of children through turning a blind eye (at best).

Anything you need to know about Speirs is within this post. If my 'glee' makes me a bad person, where on the scale does his tacit approval of the covering up of child abuse leave him?

Great post. My thoughts to a tee.

What is Spiers doing here but using this tragedy to engage in trolling of a set of football supporters for the purposes of "oneupmanship"?

Over child sex abuse. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

Which is basically what I wrote to him on Twitter, that he was using the child abuse to drag Rangers into his world of twitter just for "clickbait"

I loathe sharing a league with them. Hate sharing a country with them. Its like someone your work closely with gets done for paedophilia and child abuse, yet returns and continues on like nothing ever happened.

They shout point-scoring because there's no other way for them to cop out of whats gone on. They reference Neely and Dunn in the hopes to convince people that its wasn't just them. Which in part is correct, you cannot help the fact that these creatures make their way into establishments involving kids. Its unfortunately almost unavoidable.

What you can do is tackle the issue when it arises. Which they are groasly negligible for not doing. Not only that, they allowed it to continue, and used the club as HQ for paedophiles to take advantage of youths, trying to live every kids ultimate dream. Dangling professional football in front of them in the hopes that their acts can continue.

Yet. Here he is, moaning about Rangers fans and One-upmanship. There is no one-upmanship to be had. Events have categorically put them at the very bottom of the morality ladder. There is also no transparent-glee to be had as justice is yet to be served. All I see is outrage and disgust.

Scumbags like Spiers .English .Sutton etc would be having a feeding frenzy if it was Rangers though wouldnt they .

Someone needs to take this man to task for trying to normalise child sexual abuse.

Seems to be his aim.

This is what Scotland has become. A dictatorship. The ruling party won’t comment or condemn it because they need the votes of Celtic fans and through mouth pieces like Spiers demonising normal outraged and horrified people (ie us) then even we won’t feel we can speak up because of this whole “points scoring” nonsense.

Add to that the amount of MSPs/MPs on twitter who are Celtic fans then there’s no chance of this staying in the public eye because they won’t condemn it either. It’s all a vicious circle with Celtic at the centre of it.

Perhaps he should reflect on the commonly held opinions that fans have needed to speak up as no one else is!

The MSM, bloggers, sport, political and current affairs commentators, elected officials and the rancid snp government (including in particular corrupt humza and dornan ) - had spoken up then normal fans wouldn’t have to.

So much for encouraging people to speak up and be open about abuse - apparently that’s ok for everyone else apart from Rangers fans!
The likes of spiers, humza, dornan are so busy deflecting from the real issue that it almost seems they are involved in the cover up eh?

Spiers is cocksocket, he led the feeding frenzy about Rangers tax issues, which were perfectly legal when implemented, but refuses to condemn them for enabling, condoning & then covering up hundred cases of child rape & molestation.I will take no morality lessons from that fucker thank you very much.

This is simple, and I am sure I speak for pretty much every normal human being:

If we could click our fingers and have everything the way we wanted, every single one of us that is of sound mind would click their fingers and make it that possibly hundreds of young men had not had their lives ruined. Nobody would click their fingers and make it that those kids were abused to 'get one over' on the scum.

Unfortunately, nobody has that power so I will take absolute glee in the knowledge that the vile individuals, and any subsequent group they formed, are under the scrutiny of the law and now the public. I will take absolute joy in the fact that anyone who allowed this to happen will come under increasing scrutiny. I will continue to be delighted that the victims are finally heading towards a little closure and may, hopefully, be able to start piecing their lives back together. I will take great satisfaction from knowing that the umbrella these scumbags worked under, almost right out in the open, is about to be shown to the world for what it is.

All of that is 100% irrespective of ANY of the names involved. It could be a high street supermarket, a rugby club or a religious organisation. It does not change because of who it is, the 'glee' at finally seeing justice done is universal and does not wear a football shirt.

To Speirs, the above statement is more worthy of derision than the act of actually abusing a child. Being glad about child abusers being brought to justice is more worthy of comment, and censure, than people abusing children or people aiding and abetting the abuse of children through turning a blind eye (at best).

Anything you need to know about Speirs is within this post. If my 'glee' makes me a bad person, where on the scale does his tacit approval of the covering up of child abuse leave him?

Excellent post. If you’re on Twitter you should reply to this effect.

So, condemnation of jimmy Saville is perfectly fine?
Same with Rolf Harris.
Hans Frirzel.
Stuart Hall.
Anybody guilty of such evil crimes.

Apart, that is, for celtc, the catholic church, and catholic schools.
To criticise them and call for proper punishment for their crimes, the cover up, and the denial, is wrong...according to Spiers.

This is exactly why I dont follow that prick, or read his articles. By basically advocating that these crimes - when committed by these serially guilty entities - should not be discussed publicly is basically suggesting we continue to tuen a blind eye, therefore effectively condoning their sordid bestiality.

What is Spiers doing here but using this tragedy to engage in trolling of a set of football supporters for the purposes of "oneupmanship"?

Over child sex abuse. He should be thoroughly ashamed of himself.

His ramblings have for years only made him relevant to one group , with this he stays relevant to them and every piece he does will be gorged on by the mhank hordes .

This isn’t even about football or what team you support.

We are all vocal about the abuse of youngsters in other walks of life. This is no different. These boys that were abused were Celtic fans themselves - would Spiers and the rest of them prefer we didn’t give a sh*t about them because of that?

Countless young lives ruined, parents having to live with the guilt and paedophiles left to do whatever the hell they want to whoever they want. All to save Celtic Football Clubs “good” name.

Which is basically what I wrote to him on Twitter, that he was using the child abuse to drag Rangers into his world of twitter just for "clickbait"

Exactly, he's doing the very thing he's accusing others of, but is that desperate to have a snidey wee dig that he's failed to notice the irony.

I loathe sharing a league with them. Hate sharing a country with them. Its like someone your work closely with gets done for paedophilia and child abuse, yet returns and continues on like nothing ever happened.

They shout point-scoring because there's no other way for them to cop out of whats gone on. They reference Neely and Dunn in the hopes to convince people that its wasn't just them. Which in part is correct, you cannot help the fact that these creatures make their way into establishments involving kids. Its unfortunately almost unavoidable.

What you can do is tackle the issue when it arises. Which they are groasly negligible for not doing. Not only that, they allowed it to continue, and used the club as HQ for paedophiles to take advantage of youths, trying to live every kids ultimate dream. Dangling professional football in front of them in the hopes that their acts can continue.

Yet. Here he is, moaning about Rangers fans and One-upmanship. There is no one-upmanship to be had. Events have categorically put them at the very bottom of the morality ladder. There is also no transparent-glee to be had as justice is yet to be served. All I see is outrage and disgust.

Brilliant post mate.

Graham - read the piece in the Saturday edition of the Times written by Mathew Parris. He writes of those who may have known about the convicted abuser Bishop Peter Ball who had friends in high places. To quote from the article- But at the end of the day there is only one sin for which St Peter, who knows our hearts, will cast anyone into the fiery furnace. If someone knew or strongly suspected that a person had done these awful things, and ignored it or didn’t care, then there can be no pardon.
Maybe you don’t agree and so choose to ignore the terrible child abuse perpretated and then covered up by people like you. You should be ashamed.

I like to think of myself as a decent human being. I'm also a parent and can't begin to imagine the pain felt by the children who were abused, their families and loved ones. It must be horrific.

From this whole sorry, sordid affair I want the following:

First, and foremost, some form of closure for the victims;

Second, a clear and unequivocal message sent out to child abusers, or anyone who by their action or inaction facilitates child abuse, that they will be caught and punished.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if this was Rangers instead of Celtic in the eye of the storm, I would find it very difficult ,if not impossible, to reconcile my love and support for our Club with what had been allowed. If Celtic is not punished for their inaction, what sort of message does that send out to the rest of the world about our country and it's view of child abuse.

This isn't revenge or whataboutery Mr Spiers, it's justice.

So, condemnation of jimmy Saville is perfectly fine?
Same with Rolf Harris.
Hans Frirzel.
Stuart Hall.
Anybody guilty of such evil crimes.

Apart, that is, for celtc, the catholic church, and catholic schools.
To criticise them and call for proper punishment for their crimes, the cover up, and the denial, is wrong...according to Spiers.

This is exactly why I dont follow that prick, or read his articles. By basically advocating that these crimes - when committed by these serially guilty entities - should not be discussed publicly is basically suggesting we continue to tuen a blind eye, therefore effectively condoning their sordid bestiality.
Im sure that they were more than happy to participate in laughing and joking around the subject when comedians take the piss out of Jimmy Savile and co at Kevin Bridges shows and the like. Yet its deemed point scoring should the reference involve their paedo ring. Aye, good one.

Spiers knows fine and well that Rangers supporters are in a catch 22 situation.If they call for action against such vile behaviour/cover up they are pointscoring and he enhances his standing with certain supporters.If on the other hand Rangers supporters say nothing,the whole sordid affair is swept under the carpet and nobody of note is called to account.Sadly in this sh*thole of a country under the SNP this is acceptable.They certainly do not speak for me.You have to wonder what the hell the rest of the world thinks about modern day Scotland.

Im sure that they were more than happy to participate in laughing and joking around the subject when comedians take the piss out of Jimmy Savile and co at Kevin Bridges shows and the like. Yet its deemed point scoring should the reference involve their paedo ring. Aye, good one.

That's a true point. Comedians always make fun of the current topics (like Kevin Bridges quoted "if I had to draw a picture of what a paedo looked like" when discussing Savile).

I have not seen our fans laughing online or making jokes... just stating facts that were already known

Spiers knows fine and well that Rangers supporters are in a catch 22 situation.If they call for action against such vile behaviour/cover up they are pointscoring and he enhances his standing with certain supporters.If on the other hand Rangers supporters say nothing,the whole sordid affair is swept under the carpet and nobody of note is called to account.Sadly in this sh*thole of a country under the SNP this is acceptable.They certainly do not speak for me.You have to wonder what the hell the rest of the world thinks about modern day Scotland.
I live down south and I’ve already got people asking what the snp are saying or doing. I wish I had an answer.

I like to think of myself as a decent human being. I'm also a parent and can't begin to imagine the pain felt by the children who were abused, their families and loved ones. It must be horrific.

Second, a clear and unequivocal message sent out to child abusers, or anyone who by their action or inaction facilitates child abuse, that they will be caught and punished.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if this was Rangers instead of Celtic in the eye of the storm, I would find it very difficult ,if not impossible, to reconcile my love and support for our Club with what had been allowed. If Celtic is not punished for their inaction, what sort of message does that send out to the rest of the world about our country and it's view of child abuse.

Again, a fantastic post.

Outstanding post mate ;)

I’m not excited, I’m jubilant that the open secret that was hushed up for decades has finally been exposed and accepted
For Britney to try and say we as Bears are somehow gloating is just pish

It’s not only Rangers supporters but supporters from other clubs and any right minded folks that are disgusted at the cover up that took place at the paedodome

Wow! That is incredible!

Hasn't seen a worse example of transparent glee? Jelly and Ice cream ring a bell to him!

Spiers as a Theology Graduate from St Andrew's University and son of a high profile clergyman seems unable to widen the debate from Rangers Supporters justified criticism of Celtic and Celtic Boys Club's child sexual abuse (CSA) to the Roman Catholic Church and institutionalised CSA which has ruined countless lives in Scotland and worldwide.

What an extremely limited mind and viewpoint he has and quite a waste of 4 years study and tuition fees at one of Europe's top universities in a discipline linked to church, beliefs and the most pervasive subject ever facing the RC church, CSA.

Did you ever stop to consider that the 'transparent glee' of Rangers supporters (if it exists at all) that you express in relation to Celtic and their Boys Club's CSA and convictions may well be a secondary emotion here? A secondary emotion which is a consequence borne of a central underlying emotion of Rangers Supporters i.e. one of great frustration, a sense of injustice and an ignoring of heinous crimes by the Scottish Football Authorities, Scottish Government and the compliant Scottish media.

'Glee' is a basic human emotion but there is always an underlying reason for it. An example is that, I must admit to expressing glee in the form described when I have heard or hear of terrorist(s) eliminated.

So Spiers if you are viewing FF your thoughts on the wider debate of the RC Church and CSA including your views on the convictions of 4 Celtic staff (or associates if you like) for ruining the lives of potential young players who 'could have been contenders'. This might be a more pertinent contribution to the debate than castigating some Rangers supporters for a perceived secondary emotion.

Furthermore what are your views on the reasons for the resignation of Cardinal Keith O'Brien a few years ago. Is he a good role model for young Catholics considering the priesthood? You're the Theology Graduate after all.

I am not Twitter or Facebook but you as a freelance journalist now are sure to find a platform to answer in.

The irony of this so called journalist is that he's written more words condemning the Rangers support happy to see justice for the kids than he has condemning them on the continued cover up!!

Instead of venting your spleen on FF about this utter shameless disgrace of a human being, go on twitter and call him out. Get this utter piece of excrement "trending" for all the wrong reasons!

I think Speirs is mistaking righteous moral superiority - and a zealous desire for truth and justice - for 'glee and oneupmanship.'

Spiers as a Theology Graduate from St Andrew's University and son of a high profile clergyman seems unable to widen the debate from Rangers Supporters justified criticism of Celtic and Celtic Boys Club's child sexual abuse (CSA) to the Roman Catholic Church and institutionalised CSA which has ruined countless lives in Scotland and worldwide.

What an extremely limited mind and viewpoint he has and quite a waste of 4 years study and tuition fees at one of Europe's top universities in a discipline linked to church, beliefs and the most pervasive subject ever facing the RC church, CSA.

Did you ever stop to consider that the 'transparent glee' of Rangers supporters (if it exists at all) that you express in relation to Celtic and their Boys Club's CSA and convictions may well be a secondary emotion here? A secondary emotion which is a consequence borne of a central underlying emotion of Rangers Supporters i.e. one of great frustration, a sense of injustice and an ignoring of heinous crimes by the Scottish Football Authorities, Scottish Government and the compliant Scottish media.

'Glee' is a basic human emotion but there is always an underlying reason for it. An example is that, I must admit to expressing glee in the form described when I have heard or here of terrorist(s) eliminated.

So Spiers if you are viewing FF your thoughts on the wider debate of the RC Church and CSA including your views on the convictions of 4 Celtic staff (or associates if you like) for ruining the lives of potential young players who 'could have been contenders'. This might be a more pertinent contribution to the debate than castigating Rangers supporters for a perceived secondary emotion.

Furthermore what are your views on the reasons for the resignation of Cardinal Keith O'Brien a few years ago. Is he a good role model for young Catholics considering the priesthood? You're the Theology Graduate after all.

I am not Twitter or Facebook but you as a freelance journalist now are sure to find a platform to answer in.
Excellent post and good to see another perspective on this story and Spiers' reactions.

Should Rangers be pulling him for this.?
After all their fans, the paying public, are being tarnished yet again with this cretin.
If he and his media cronies had done their job properly, they could have got tremendous credit for unearthing this scandal.
But no, let’s have a sly dig at our fans instead.

Back