Gerry McNee (I'll save you from clicking, he's not dead. Yet.)

Retired. Still lives on the southside and has a cottage in County Donegal.

Where else would his cottage be? The Irish find people from Donegal to be bitter lunatics who are best avoided... it seems to be a magnet for the Celtic Minded.

McNee was a very bitter hater of all things Rangers... people pointed to Billy McNeill clocking him as some sort of measure of even-handedness but McNee added the poison in anything to do with Rangers.

The crusade against a Gascoigne was borderline comedy - every week he was slaying him for something and in the end wouldn’t even write the player’s name and called him Number Eight instead.
I remember writing to him every week for a couple of months, basically dissecting his column and calling out his hypocrisy - bastard never even replied.

Just watched that Davie Robertson ‘offside’ goal.

I’m only 24 but has it always been this bad towards us with officiating? Bearing in my mind that was during our most successful period.

About 4 players were playing him onside. Shocking.

I had no idea who McNee was but judging by the comments he was a prominent Scottish commentator who had leanings to the darkside. Seems a bit similar to Crocker and Walker now.

He wrote a history of the scum that actually spent as much time demeaning Rangers as praising them. The Cup-Winners Cup apparently was a near meaningless trophy that our winning deserved no praise. As if Scottish teams have made a habit of winning at that level. He was a bitter bitter man and probably still is.

Not as bad as some of the pundits around today tbh. Although i probably just didnt care as Rangers won 9 in a row during the years he was writing.

He was one of those who constantly told us we were the best of a bad bunch and Europe was where we'd be judged. Funny his successors don't say the same about the scum.

Remember that wee shite James Sanderson on Clyde in the 80s? We fud. Not sure why he came into my head there, must have been a trigger set off by McNee. There seems to be no end to the disdain our Club is held in over the past 30 odd years. Focus and balanced reporting. We can only dream.

Jimmy "were you at the game caller" Sanderson lol. That and "bunkum" were his catchphrases. Mind you, I'd take him over the dross we put up with today.

Jimmy "were you at the game caller" Sanderson lol. That and "bunkum" were his catchphrases. Mind you, I'd take him over the dross we put up with today.

His popularity is the reason we are where we are now wrt Scottish football journalism IMO.

Brilliant swear filter on the old board.

The OP should be facing 24 hours in the cooler for getting our hopes up.

I miss the old Geraldo McPish filter. :D

Oh, and hurry up and peg it you jakey pisshead pikey tramp, McPish

Davie Provan trying his best to be Gerry Mcnee these days

Rangers hating pr1cks giving a platform by Rangers hating bigots

On the Gascoigne point. This sums the wanker up

We played Ajax away and Gazza was sent off for an off the ball incident

McNee, who clearly didn't know what happened, stated live on commentary: "Gascoigne has lifted his hands here"

Replay shows an petty flick of the boot while he was on the ground on Bogarde. Similar to Beckham on Simeone in the World Cup

He was and is an utter arse head, features, face c*nt

8eOCjNt.jpg

He looks like a falls road provo.

His popularity is the reason we are where we are now wrt Scottish football journalism IMO.

I think it started before his peak days. Cyril Horne in the 50s and 60s, Cliff Hanley in the 60s and 70s and Ian Archer in the 70s and 80s were at it long before Sanderson, who was far from the worst tbh. He criticised us but the team was poor at the time. The other three were just rancid scum.

I think it started before his peak days. Cyril Horne in the 50s and 60s, Cliff Hanley in the 60s and 70s and Ian Archer in the 70s and 80s were at it long before Sanderson, who was far from the worst tbh. He criticised us but the team was poor at the time. The other three were just rancid scum.

I'm not talking about bitterness toward Rangers, I think Sanderson was neutral. I am talking about controversy and confrontation over tactical analysis and vision.

Reactions: ao2
He and his crew were the only ones in Ibrox that day who didn't know that goal was disallowed. A total fanny. Though the goal SHOULD have stood of course. Shite refereeing is nothing new!
Correct but all we hear from that lot is Jorge Cadette goal getting chopped off

Reactions: ao2
weirdly enough my mate sent me a pic from newspaper, basically calling for stories from tims about games in general or european games.
and lo and behold who was canvassing for said storys for a book he was planning to write yup you guessed it, ronnie deila.
Only joking it was indeed gerald mcnee.

ill try and find the pic.

This is true.

Mcnee was a fud but he was at least professional when on commentary duty. The current batch are ridiculous.

He was also a huge Golf fan so I’m guessing today he will be glued to the final round of the Masters.

His commentaries if you re - watch many matches on you tube I think regardlsss of his tabloid sometimes poorly wrote coloums those where always excellent and as the poster says he was professional and new his stats and facts

What happened with him and Ferguson? He used to week in week out gush about him and man Utd and then all of a sudden he started calling him Sir Furious.

What happened with him and Ferguson? He used to week in week out gush about him and man Utd and then all of a sudden he started calling him Sir Furious.

Did he not heavily criticise his young team(ie Beckham, Scholes, et al) similar to Hansen and Ferguson called him out after that teams many early victories(and obvious, huge later success too) ?

Think he was more of a Heragthy's Bar man.

He floated around all the usual mentally challenged slop houses in the area....Heraghty's , the Elcho, Neesons, Sharkeys etc

I'm sure he was black balled from Haggs Castle GC , and was just laughed at when he applied for membership at Pollok GC.... the places he would really have wanted to be a part of

also remember McNee writing that “The Bouncy” was a song designed to celebrate the death of a Robert Hamill during the troubles in Portadown.

There was much anger on this and other forums and when he was proven wrong he wrote the biggest lot of pish the next week in an attempt to apologise

The Bouncy had been getting sung for years before the death

A very good commentator and a bona fide RFC hater.

But, Gerry was (before retirement) a professional journalist with a huge number of sources. And a good example of what pre-internet reporters had to do in order to 'exclusively reveal' the latest (normally reliable) story. Big pals with both Delahunt (fellow soaked chap) and White before that. Gerry knew everyone.

I'm going to put it to you that Jim White knows an awful lot more about the Boys' Club/Celtic paedo ring than he seems keen to share.

The Davie Robertson ‘goal’ mentioned against the mentally challengeds, which he famously didn’t know had been disallowed.

The Linesman that day was a bitter yahoo, I was on the old fan forum which the BBC ran years ago, the mhanks were reminiscing about that game, a couple of them knew the linesman and they couldn’t believe he was actually running the line, one of them said he knew he would definitely do something mental during the game, they thought a Bear sent off or a dodgy disallowed goal.:mad:

Where else would his cottage be? The Irish find people from Donegal to be bitter lunatics who are best avoided... it seems to be a magnet for the Celtic Minded.

McNee was a very bitter hater of all things Rangers... people pointed to Billy McNeill clocking him as some sort of measure of even-handedness but McNee added the poison in anything to do with Rangers.

The crusade against a Gascoigne was borderline comedy - every week he was slaying him for something and in the end wouldn’t even write the player’s name and called him Number Eight instead.
I remember writing to him every week for a couple of months, basically dissecting his column and calling out his hypocrisy - bastard never even replied.
Never replied.......probably lying in his own pish somewhere.

Back