New pitch for next season

We tend to grow our pitch from seed every season.
Can't see us changing this now for the players to have an unfamiliar surface next season.

Pitch looked immaculate at game at weekend. Wonder why they do this? Seems an expensive habit! All agronomist reply and let me know please!

Current pitch was the best I have seen at this time of the season so the new one will have a lot to live up to. The club just wants to be better and better in every aspect which is fantastic.

As I understand it (at least as of a couple of months or so ago) we were reconsidering whether to install a hybrid pitch at Ibrox, despite having announced the intention to do so. In large part because the hybrid pitch at THC hasn’t been as good as anticipated. Celtic’s issues with disease on their pitch was also causing pause for thought. We may have decided to go ahead with the hybrid after all (I don’t know where we dialled out as regards the decision) but it was looking unlikely as of a couple of months ago.

As I understand it (at least as of a couple of months or so ago) we were reconsidering whether to install a hybrid pitch at Ibrox, despite having announced the intention to do so. In large part because the hybrid pitch at THC hasn’t been as good as anticipated. Celtic’s issues with disease on their pitch was also causing pause for thought. We may have decided to go ahead with the hybrid after all (I don’t know where we dialled out as regards the decision) but it was looking unlikely as of a couple of months ago.

Know someone who works at the stadium, said the hybrid pitch at the training centre drastically improved after the turn of the New Year. Also new pitch at stadium will not be a hybrid.

Our pitch really looked superb on Sunday and that's the thing. Do we really need a hybrid pitch anyway, as our grass pitch always looks good?

Obvious that weather conditions during the winter months have a huge impact on the pitch but I'd like to keep it of the same type.

To be fair ,there is disease on their pitch every other week .

Our pitch really looked superb on Sunday and that's the thing. Do we really need a hybrid pitch anyway, as our grass pitch always looks good?

Obvious that weather conditions during the winter months have a huge impact on the pitch but I'd like to keep it of the same type.

My mate says while on the surface it looks amazing starting from Scratch maybe for the best for the next 12 months

My mate says while on the surface it looks amazing starting from Scratch maybe for the best for the next 12 months

Agree with that, keep it the same type of surface that we renewed last season.

It was superb on Sunday, looked like a bowling green tbh.

My company are in to do the new undersoil heating soon hopefully. Doing trackside this close season then the pitch must be getting dug up again next season for us to do the pitch

The pitch now is as good as I have seen it close up this season, especially the last few weeks. Considering it was grown from seed last May it has held up brilliantly.

I played on the pitch last May and it was nowhere near as good as it looked.

The new hybrid going in looks the business.

Was mentioned before it was going hybrid. Not sure if it were this season or next. We already have one at the training ground.
was a pitch at the training ground being installed that was hybrid not at Ibrox as far as im aware

I think we should have that 4G stuff that others teams have. Then we can pimp it out on a Monday night to the local BB for £12.50. It just needs a hoover twice a week.

One of my family members was up at Ibrox renewing there season ticket yesterday apparently lots of work going on in and around the stadium also Mark Allen was seen around the place.

Back