Liverpool want 12 million for Kent

Bayern were willing to pay £35m for Hudson-Odoi in January, before he'd started a league game for Chelsea.

Bayern perhaps noticing that other German clubs have had successes picking up young English players who won't be making the Premier League first teams , developing them and selling them back to the PL for much more.

However being Bayern , they ramped it up.

I have to have a bit if a chuckle here at some of the folks saying Kent isn’t worth 12m when we are holding out 15m for Morelos.

The prices in England are crazy we know and Kent has come up here and has been one of the top performers in the league.

If this story is true it could be good for us as nobody will pay that much so we will get that extra year's loan

I don't believe Liverpool have put any value on the player, although Kent has had some excellent games this season, he has also had some poor ones,, as well as a few injuries,, last season he had a poor season on loan which would not have went unnoticed with some clubs,, i think Liverpool might be happy and would probably benefit from kent having another season with us,, and then he might be worth 12 million

Imo if we want him then we should offer Liverpool the maximum we are Willing to pay for him and see what they say it's could be that this is a plant from Liverpool to maximise there sales for extra transfer funds for Klopp hopefully he signs for an 'Undisclosed fee'

Last edited:
If this story is true it could be good for us as nobody will pay that much so we will get that extra year's loan
I like your thinking but with clubs being paid £100m a year in TV money I wouldn't be confident that no one would be willing to pay that sort of money.

The way I’m looking at it is that if we owned Kent we’d be looking for £10m+ as well.

Our only hope is another season long loan deal.

I love wee Kenty, and I’m positive he loves it up here. Hope we get him for another year.

From James Pearce at the Liverpool Echo :oops:. https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo...ool-could-generate-100million-player-16281674

Ryan Kent's stock has risen north of the border during his season under the guidance of Kop legend Steven Gerrard at Rangers.
The PFA Scotland Young Player of the Year has kick-started his career after difficult spells with Freiburg and Bristol City last term.
Gerrard is keen to secure his services on a permanent basis but Liverpool's £12million price tag means Kent's future is likely to lie elsewhere.
EScA2s5.gif

I would pay up to 10 million for him if he signed a 5 year contract. We will easily get that money back plus more in 3 years time ;-)

Nobody is paying £12m for Ryan Kent this summer.
I hope you are right because Bournemouth have an unhappy habit of paying Liverpool silly money for players who don't quite deliver: Brad Smith reported at 8 mill, now on loan in America. Jordan Ibe supposedly 15 mill and just shown a few glimpses of talent, Solanke 19 mill, the jury is still out. So I, for one, hope Bournemouth don't go for him at that price.

Folk are living in the clouds if they ever thought we were buying him outright.

Another season’s loan is our only realistic option.

This, absolute loonies. Even if that price is off (and it probably is), he’ll still be well outwith our price range.

If he doesn’t stay on loan/purchase then I don’t think we need another winger type. We will have Hastie, Jones, Candais, Middleton, Grezda!

I hope you are right because Bournemouth have an unhappy habit of paying Liverpool silly money for players who don't quite deliver: Brad Smith reported at 8 mill, now on loan in America. Jordan Ibe supposedly 15 mill and just shown a few glimpses of talent, Solanke 19 mill, the jury is still out. So I, for one, hope Bournemouth don't go for him at that price.
I could well be wrong and underestimating the mentalness of the English transfer market. I just think he hadn't done a great deal before coming up here, was a relative flop at his previous two loan spells albeit he was a success before but that was at Barnsley. I just don't think one good season up here is enough yet that a club down there will spend that sort of money on him.

I think another loan for suit all parties the best right now.

I think there's a lesson in this for us.

In future if we loan development players who still have quite long contracts with their parent club we need to try to get agreements for it to be a loan with an option to extend for a second year.

Lazy journalism right there. This figure was plucked from some obscure place and the press have ran with it. If they do value him at that, then good luck to him. I'd be reluctant to pay half of that.

Kent is good but he’s a million miles from “great” (even in SPFL money).

More flicks and tricks than end product.

I hope we keep him for next season but won’t lose sleep if we miss out on him.

However he is young and will get better. Hopefully that is with us.

He's worth five or eight at the very most. Nowhere near that. We can get better for that money, as much as I like him.

You need factor in the agent and of course the wages 12 million player probably on 70/80 K minimum may be more would we be willing to smash or wage structure .

He did well for us we did well for him there will be others out there

You need factor in the agent and of course the wages 12 million player probably on 70/80 K minimum may be more would we be willing to smash or wage structure .

He did well for us we did well for him there will be others out there
Players as good as Kent dont come along very often. Maybe we can get him for less and give them a cut of future transfer fees. If anyone can negotiate a decent deal it will be SG.

I always heard the Liverpool Echo isn't exactly the most reliable ?

I really doubt they'd want 12m for him.

they may want 12m , but dont be surprised if liverpool give us kent on loan again or slightly cheaper.

always remember the gerrard interview saying klopp would help him if needed

Don't really need him,if truth be told.We have Murphy,Middleton and Young Hastie all ready
to take Kents spot,and I bet each one of them will have more end product than Kent.;)

While our financial position has improved anyone who thinks that Rangers will be spending £12m on any player is living in the land of make believe.

Liverpool don't half price their fringe players astronomically when you look at Jordan Ibe and Solanke! Cannot imagine there will be many takers

I was chuckling to myself when I saw people scoffing at the 5.5m quoted originally and thinking to take him from The English market for that price would be an absolute steal. The 10m price tag is what I would expect Liverpool to let him go for, a bit more if he had a few decent appearances in England.

All we have in our advantage if we want to keep Kent is that we don't play in England and we have Gerrard as our manager. Currently I don't think we will have huge competition from wealthier teams for him, but if we want to keep him, we will have to get the cheque book out, no doubt.

I feel he would cost to much for us to justify spending so much on one player so our best hope is a loan.

Similar but different for me, Liverpool give us Kent on loan for next season knowing that another season like this could almost double his current valuation.

I think this is the bigger picture for us. Kent had been on loan in England and done very little. He has had a good season at Ibrox, played in some big games and felt what it is like to play for a big club who expect to win every game.

I cant see him getting in the Liverpool team. If not, what next? I think a lot depends on what he wants. He seems to have enjoyed his time at Rangers, I would assume he would rather be playing in a team that is on the up, fighting in Europe and for trophies than for some mediocre team down south. I think the draw of Gerrard will be huge and I'm sure he will have given Ryan some solid mentoring advice.

In terms of future relationships with Liverpool, we played both their loan prospects and a lot has been learned. Ejaria doesn't have the temperament to make it big, they will punt him. Kent has the temperament, hunger, desire and fight. His ability has improved but I'm not sure he is Premiership standard.

When Gerrard goes for loan players next season, this will be taken into account and I hope Rangers see the benefit.

Maybe Liverpool will give us a discount on him if we agree to ‘coach up’ or polish another turd for them.
Would also be hitting up Chelsea about Billy Gilmour coming back on loan whilst touting our success with Ryan Kent.

Great player on the eye, I’d be disappointed if we paid half of that.

Loan next year and if he adds more assists and goals to his game then he could be worth that

How can people still not grasp how the English market works after all this time?

Premier League club owned English players don’t go for their true worth, they go for several times that. Solanke went for nearly £20m without ever having done anything in the PL. That’s how it’s been down there for years, Andy Carroll transferred for the same amount s Sergio Agüero at the same time.

I actually thought £5.5-6million was overpriced. £12 million though? Who in their right mind is going to pay that?

Kent is good but his end product isn’t anywhere near good enough to be considered a £12million players.

If he could finish consistently he would be a world-beater.
I wonder if he's banging them in in training and it's just a composure thing, or if he's not a natural finisher.
I've noticed that Ryan Jack's shooting has improved a lot recently and I suspect it's something he's worked on with Gerrard and co.

Back