Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Possibly, but £10m for everyone feels on the low side - it’s not an office sweepstakes.

Conversely, Celtic clearly couldn’t afford a figure like £250m, so there probably will have to be some sort of compromise involved to ensure the victims gain compensation that doesn’t put Celtic out of business altogether.

I know that’s exactly what most of us would like to see happen and I think there’s a very good argument to say it would be fitting justice that such a rancid organisation was effectively shut down as a result of the abuse they attempted to cover up, but if the claims were so hefty there’s a chance Celtic would lapse into administration and then there could be a battle to get anything out of them at all.

It is well and truly on the low side but I suspect the lawyer is trying to force celtic to admit guilt and settle out of court.

In doing that they can settle with the victims who remember will still all be celtic fans and they will be pressured into accepting a deal that is not going to hurt celtic too much.

This may well end in a deal being brokered where the victims are offered a couple of hundred thousand and an apology which many may accept if they are already hard up.

I don't know - am putting wild guesses out there.

Getting back to the governing bodies and their part in this vile episode

In light of these latest paedophile convictions at Parkpaed When are the SFA and SPFL going to conduct an up to date Fit and Proper test on Shame FC ?

Clearly this “open secret” and now McCafferty pleading guilty to child sex abuse charges the governing bodies should be assessing Shame FC as let’s face it they knew for decades and done nothing to out the guilty

They have done more to protect the paedos who they knew had conducted the abuse

They should be punished for allowing potentially 100’s of boys to be abused

How do we get the F&P question raised ?

The SFA are protecting Shame FC too

It would be brilliant from both a justice side for the victims and their families & also for the blasé way Celtic have gone about this imo thinking they’re untouchable and the lack of dignity they’ve had with it all.

It is well and truly on the low side but I suspect the lawyer is trying to force celtic to admit guilt and settle out of court.

In doing that they can settle with the victims who remember will still all be celtic fans and they will be pressured into accepting a deal that is not going to hurt celtic too much.

This may well end in a deal being brokered where the victims are offered a couple of hundred thousand and an apology which many may accept if they are already hard up.

I don't know - am putting wild guesses out there.

I thought the lawyer representing the victims said they weren’t looking for out of court settlements; it’s about much more than that.

Mr McGuire said: “We have formally intimated a large number of claims on behalf of survivors of all the four named paedophiles that operated under the guise of the wider Celtic umbrella. We continue to gather evidence and have got a lot of financial information. We have got the evidence of survivors, talking about the links.
“The case is being gathered and we absolutely will be going to court, and probably doing so in a matter of months, unless Celtic’s tack changes.”

This bit is a bit alarming. Its the Lawyers that should be establishing the links. This was published today and still its all about McGuire looking for out of court settlements by making threats.
Get the scum in a court room.

Mr McGuire said: “We have formally intimated a large number of claims on behalf of survivors of all the four named paedophiles that operated under the guise of the wider Celtic umbrella. We continue to gather evidence and have got a lot of financial information. We have got the evidence of survivors, talking about the links.
“The case is being gathered and we absolutely will be going to court, and probably doing so in a matter of months, unless Celtic’s tack changes.”

This bit is a bit alarming. Its the Lawyers that should be establishing the links. This was published today and still its all about McGuire looking for out of court settlements by making threats.
Get the scum in a court room.

That’s what the financial information would be for also , more than one way to establish them .

Penn state have paid out upwards of $100 million now.

Not too dissimilar in that there were rumours and signals but those in charge chose to do nothing.

If theres not a similar outcome with Celtic it really does put a signal out to the world, Scotland is a relatively safe place to be a paedophile.

We should attach that phrase on to everything, contact our MP'S, the first minister and leaders of all the party's asking this question constantly until there is a public inquiry Mondraker.
They will not like that one bit

Yes.

It changed from "The Celtic football and Athletic Company"

to

"Celtic Football club"

you know where im going
If they go down this line, they will have to give up claims to have won the European Cup, and any other titles and trophies.
They would then be investigated by the Scottish football authorities, when not only would there past be eradicated, but their future would be in serious jeopardy.
Which is absolutely fukking wonderful, life without the mentally challengeds is what dreams are made of.

Getting back to the governing bodies and their part in this vile episode

In light of these latest paedophile convictions at Parkpaed When are the SFA and SPFL going to conduct an up to date Fit and Proper test on Shame FC ?

Clearly this “open secret” and now McCafferty pleading guilty to child sex abuse charges the governing bodies should be assessing Shame FC as let’s face it they knew for decades and done nothing to out the guilty

They have done more to protect the paedos who they knew had conducted the abuse

They should be punished for allowing potentially 100’s of boys to be abused

How do we get the F&P question raised ?

The SFA are protecting Shame FC too

Those who knew at the Piggery and did nothing to end it, from the Boardroom downwards, should all be publicly named and shamed, and the Peasants thrown out of Scottish football.

Did we not get a notice of complaint raised against us years later about our accounts and participation in Europe? Where are you SFA and SPFL?

Yes, and being called out for the lying wriggling bastards that they are on national news.
Didn't realise you'd move the goalposts to it being something to your satisfaction happening.

They being mentioned on national news will change or do hee haw.

It’s well known what they’ve been up to and they have no shame anyway - making little attempt to apologize.

And being mentioned on national news is hardly justice is it. If my satisfaction is them being properly punished, then so be it.

I want justice for the victims and more importantly than any points deducted, trophies stripped etc i want the whole world to know what a vile club this is from top to bottom and for them to be tarnished and shamed forever.

Me too mate. Let the world know about this ‘special club’.

I am confident Celtic will face small repercussions if any. Nothing sticks with them
Financially you may be right, tho I don't see a scenario where the victims and their families don't get some form of financial compensation. Morally tho they are in the sewer where we knew they always belonged.

Paddy Maguire is spot-on. CFC should set up a commission to resolve claims in private, with minimum formality. The perpetrators, victims, locations & events are now trite. Only the level of awards should be at issue. CFC should have apologised years ago, instead of hiding behind lawyers; I've already said that CFC created the nexus & will be vicariously liable.
What needs illumination now is who covered it up & why. That should fall to a Public Enquiry.

Last edited:
Had a look at the dark sides forum and they don't even speak about this there - even the fans are trying to pretend this doesn't have anything to do with their club.

Have the spfl/sfa spoke out so far , or are they taking paedo fc's word for it that it's a separate entity?
What if they keep this silent stance?
Can other clubs demand that the authorities have a full enquiry?

They being mentioned on national news will change or do hee haw.

It’s well known what they’ve been up to and they have no shame anyway - making little attempt to apologize.

And being mentioned on national news is hardly justice is it. If my satisfaction is them being properly punished, then so be it.
No it's not justice, I never said it was, however you said F-all would happen to them.
Being named and shamed in front of a national audience is something happening to them, so effectively you are wrong.

No it's not justice, I never said it was, however you said F-all would happen to them.
Being named and shamed in front of a national audience is something happening to them, so effectively you are wrong.

When I said nothing would happen, I meant no proper justice.

That was obvious unless you live your life by the literal rule.

Here's what i expect them to pull.

Remember the name change in 1994 ????

This is something that was never questioned or investigated fully. Something definitely went on here and was missed by the football authorities.
Fergus McCann did something dodgy and this needs to come out. The club minutes away from folding, next thing they are flinging up a new stadium...??????

I thought the lawyer representing the victims said they weren’t looking for out of court settlements; it’s about much more than that.

Macguire said below -

Suggests to me he will settle out of court if celtic accept they are responsible, say sorry and make an offer.

Even Celtic must know this separate entity wheeze is doomed to failure.

The fact Stein had the authority to boot Torbett out of the Boys Club rips that up for starters.

That they then re-employed Torbett in full knowledge of his previous abuse is a smoking gun of gigantic proportions.

But, Beasts being Beasts, they always live in hope of cheating their way to victory.

I think their luck is just about to run out.
Here’s another.
In Macari’s book, he had one of the youths chapping his door after an American trip not, as Macari put it, to talk about his first team chances, but, to mention the abuse suffered in the US.
Why did the youth kid think it right to go to Macari and why did Macari take the complaint on board?

Here’s another.
In Macari’s book, he had one of the youths chapping his door after an American trip not, as Macari put it, to talk about his first team chances, but, to mention the abuse suffered in the US.
Why did the youth kid think it right to go to Macari and why did Macari take the complaint on board?

Yeah, heard that before, and it’s another nail in the coffin of the separate entity guff.

Of course the big question there remains: what did Macari do about it?

Did he kick it upstairs? If so, what was the response?

Or did he make a unilateral decision himself to take it no further?

Lou’s still alive.

Why don’t we ask him?

Yeah, heard that before, and it’s another nail in the coffin of the separate entity guff.

Of course the big question there remains: what did Macari do about it?

Did he kick it upstairs? If so, what was the response?

Or did he make a unilateral decision himself to take it no further?

Lou’s still alive.

Why don’t we ask him?
Don't think there's any way he'd sit on it.
He would have taken it further and told to shut the %^*& up

They would have to admit its a different company yes

Old badge

w6xda8.jpg

Badge after 1994

2vdirk2.jpg
Felt my eyes burning looking at that

Macguire said below -

Suggests to me he will settle out of court if celtic accept they are responsible, say sorry and make an offer.
Even if they do this and they settle they are then admitting liability...that's when they should be closed down

Obviously I hope they are forced to pay extensive reparation to the victims, but there is no doubt that their club's reputation has now become indelibly linked to covering up a paedophile ring

Have the spfl/sfa spoke out so far , or are they taking paedo fc's word for it that it's a separate entity?
What if they keep this silent stance?
Can other clubs demand that the authorities have a full enquiry?
they will say nothing at this moment as the sfa are complicit in this whole vile,sick episode,patrick mcguire said as much on monday ,they will be going after that lot as well

Back