Victims lawyer urges Celtic to set millions aside

No way has Dornan found a conscience.
This is a move to enable Celtic to create a no blame accepted compensation fund to make this issue go away.
The aim is to make this disappear with Celtic never having to answer who else was involved, either as abusers or enablers or covering up.

Bang on they know they can’t avoid compo but they want the compo to be the end of the matter. Out of court

That tweet from Andrew Greys Mum is fucking heart breaking.
The media, politicians, police and the people working in that club ALL KNEW.
Jail or paying out money on the back of NDAs is nothing.
That place needs bulldozed and a memorial to the victims put up, which still doesn’t make up even one percent of any move towards justice.

Gone to far for some of the victims , these folk have had family members die as a result of this , they blame the club as well as the perpetrators .

The money being suggested under 100k a victim isn’t going to change any life’s it might make you comfortable. If it was me knowing the cover up has been exposed and the culprits disgraced would bring far more comfort and closure

@Kennyr is the FF man in the audience tonight. He’s submitted two questions in advance so it’s a case of whether he gets picked or not.
Just out of it. Unfortunately question never got picked. There was only 8 questions out of around 300. I took a picture of question I asked which I'll post when I get home. If I got to ask it i think there may have been a riot. Swinney is a rat by the way

If they try and minimise their compensation obligations to the victims in anyway to benefit themselves the accusations will never go away, ever. If they show some responsibility and do the right thing by these people it will reduce the episode to an historical footnote over a generation or two. Its their call.

Get this out on your social media feeds troops.

oihq3c.jpg

2 weeks ago church paid out £1m between 3 victims .
Yeah, I am aware of that. What you find here is cases are dealt with on a case by case basis. There doesn't appear to be a sliding scale as such. Damages in these situations are to compensate the victim, NOT punish the accused. I obviously don't know what level of damages will be levied against Ce*tic but it wont be the millions/10s of millions youd possibly get in the US.

Yeah, I am aware of that. What you find here is cases are dealt with on a case by case basis. There doesn't appear to be a sliding scale as such. Damages in these situations are to compensate the victim, NOT punish the accused. I obviously don't know what level of damages will be levied against Ce*tic but it wont be the millions/10s of millions youd possibly get in the US.

I agree mate , so no point in us using the £100k figure as a barometer , if potential earnings etc are taken into account then we don’t know their potential outlay , but agree won’t be US type payouts .

Someone on RM just said he’s been told celtic have threatened editors, journalists etc that they will removed press privileges if they print anything connecting them to cbc.

This whole thing is fucked on so many levels. Heres the proof of complicity from the corridors of power.

This isn't a football scandal it's a national tragedy.
And when challenged he states he didn't know it was a bad as it obviously is. He allowed his own child to stay in an environment where there was talk about paedophiles. They are unbelievable the people that follow that cult!

sturgeon has been asked why she refuses to make a statement about these allegations and now she's been asked, aboit the comments made by Dornan.

He clearly also knew and didn't report suspicions to the police

Just out of it. Unfortunately question never got picked. There was only 8 questions out of around 300. I took a picture of question I asked which I'll post when I get home. If I got to ask it i think there may have been a riot. Swinney is a rat by the way

At least you were there an prepared to give it a go mate. I suspected you’d never get selected.

You’ve told us nothing we didn’t know about Swinney by the way.;)

We need to look at the bigger picture here, the child abuse, the very lenient sentences being handed out to child rapists, the Angelica Kluk case where some very high powered people were implicated, judiciary etc., where the scum paid to repatriate her body,O’Brien the whole thing reeks & if something smells off it usually is.
This smells rancid.

Someone on RM just said he’s been told celtic have threatened editors, journalists etc that they will removed press privileges if they print anything connecting them to cbc.

The biggest sporting scandal in history or being allowed access to the scum players to do puff pieces, I know where I would go, unfortunately the cowards in our media will be wondering what they can ask TLB

Should have stormed the stage demanding a a full investigation and aski g why peadophiles are safe in Scotland...would have made the news

You don’t really know what you are talking about, here we have things like loss of Society, take Andrew Grays Mum and Sister they could sui for the loss of their Son and Brother. And there is lawyers in the US looking to take them on over abuse that took place on US soil during US tours under Torbett.

This doesn't surprise me at all - Lawwell has form for this kind of thing in relation to football matters.

Its a shame Scotland's media is lacking any sort of backbone - they should be going straight to press and/or the police. If they dont then they are also enabling the cover up of a possible paedophile ring

You don’t really know what you are talking about, here we have things like loss of Society, take Andrew Grays Mum and Sister they could sui for the loss of their Son and Brother. And there is lawyers in the US looking to take them on over abuse that took place on US soil during US tours under Torbett.
No, I have no inside knowledge of the details of the case. I was answering a question as to how the suggested figures appear low. I maybe never explained myself properly, but what I was trying to say was that any damages will not run to the massive figures you see across the Atlantic. I also never made comment on any possible cases that could be raised in the US.

No, I have no inside knowledge of the details of the case. I was answering a question as to how the suggested figures appear low. I maybe never explained myself properly, but what I was trying to say was that any damages will not run to the massive figures you see across the Atlantic. I also never made comment on any possible cases that could be raised in the US.

I worked in insurance claims for 25 Years and worked on some of the Saville Stoke Mandeville cases and you are way off.

Apologies if this has already been mentioned earlier in the thread but are there any more of them due up in court after McCafferty? It’s been difficult keeping track.

Back