Max Lowe a target for Rangers

Bonnyloyal

Rangers are weighing up a shock move to hijack Max Lowe from Aberdeen.

Record Sport understands Ibrox boss Steven Gerrard has contacted Derby County manager Frank Lampard about the possibility of taking the 22-year-old left back on loan next season.

We can also reveal Dons boss Derek McInnes has already spoken to the Premiership promotion hopefuls in the hope of extending Lowe’s stay at Pittodrie, where he has spent most of the current campaign.

Lowe is highly rated by Lampard who has no plans at this stage to allow the player to leave Pride Park on a permanent transfer.

But it’s understood Lampard could be in favour of sending him back across the border to further his development in Scotland’s top flight. And he may end up at Rangers

A source said: “Derby have made it clear they are not prepared to sell Max this summer but they may well see the sense in another loan deal

“Aberdeen’s cards are already on the table and Max has enjoyed working under Derek this season. But now Rangers are also involved in the discussions so the situation is becoming quite complicated.”

He must be good.
Eight replies and not a "nooooooooooooooooo" in sight.

I was thinking the same thing!

For my two cents, I’m not a ‘nooooooo’, I just didn’t think he stood out too much in the games against us, and that’s all I’ve seen of him. I think he has had a few snide comments about us leading up to games but I can forgive that.

If Gerrard thinks he’s good enough tho, that’s enough for me.

Don't think he is good enough for us in all honesty and he thinks Aberdeen are a bigger club when he went back to England for a short spell in January he played agaisnt Leeds and got ripped a new arsehole by a youth team player its a no from me

I’m not usually against loans, especially those from clubs with mega money like Liverpool etc, but surely this is a guy we should be trying to sign permanently rather than developing him for Derby?

Agreed but it might be that what money is in the pot for Gerrard, transfer fee wise, is being kept back for other recognised targets, and if the squad can be improved in other areas via loans like Lowe, then so be it.

The good thing is that we will be far less reliant on loans than we were when Gerrard came in.

He thinks the sheep are a bigger club than Rangers, so will likely stay there if given a choice.

In fairness, he didn’t actually say that from what I can see.

He actually said, he thought Aberdeen could surpass us with their performance levels.

Either way, a decent squad player.

I’ve not seen much of him but I did see him play for Derby on his return from his first stint at Aberdeen and he had a howler,think he was subbed by Lampard.
He was then sent back to Aberdeen.

Noticed on Twitter when Shinnie signed for Derby,Aberdeen fans were asking for Lowe in return,most Derby fans were saying keep him.............I don’t think Derby fans rate him that highly?

So we develop a LB for Derby now?

He’s an ok player, nothing great, decent enough I guess.

Have we not got any good youth LB’s we can promote?

I find this a strange one to be honest on loan?? We have to see what Barasic is like after a full pre-season and have both Flanagan who has been brilliant lately and Halliday who can play there if need be

I love that so many seem to think a “pre-season” is going to magically make a player into a better one! Injured players come back to training through regimes designed by sports scientists, exactly the same way as pre-season. I’ll love to be wrong but Barisic is poor and we need a left back, maybe even two. Lowe has a decent season at the sheep, he’d be an improvement on what we have.

I rate him, and I’d definitely take him. But only on a permanent deal.

A loan deal for a Derby County youngster? No thank you.

Back