Who will be watching the women's World Cup?

Some league 2 player should transition to being a woman and win the female Ballon d'Or for the craic.

I might watch it if there is nothing else to do, or the latter stages if Scotland get far in the tournament.

The promotion of the women’s game annoys me more than it should. Guardiola today saying that if Man City win the FA Cup it won’t be the first treble in English football because the women’s team did it first was pathetic virtue signalling.

If they want equivalence then abolish gender segregation in football. There won’t be a single professional female player anywhere in the World.

The same people raging at women’s football getting promoted by the media despite it being a poor standard are the exact same people who rage at BT/Sky/BBC for not putting enough promotion and cash into Scottish football despite the poor standard.

The last World Cup was played partly in Canada and I went to two games which were pretty good.
I would watch it again for sure.

Il catch the odd game, as there isn’t any football on!
I did watch some of the last one, I think, it was decent passing and some nice team play, but it does lack an edge. I hope they do that changing room spycam thing, that could add to the viewing figures!! Just a thought.

I'll be watching. Scotland are in it and their first group game is against England. Japan and Argentina also in the group. Scotland women recently beat Brazil 1-0 in a friendly.

Edit - Not forgetting the fact that scott brown would struggle in a womens match as you don't often see players rolling around pretending they've been hit in the face

Women should play any sport they want.

However, the TV and terracing audiences didn’t happen by promoting the sport. It happened because people wanted to watch it.

So, all sports, including men’s and women’s sports, should stand or fall on their own two feet. If women and men want to watch women’s sports, get off your arses and go and watch it.

However, ramming a product down our throats that nobody wants to watch isn’t the answer. I cite the new BBC channel football coverage as an example. Their viewing figures must be laughable for the 90% empty stadia with dross teams

No - much like I don’t go out of my way to watch the Vanarama conference or junior football.

However, to just dismiss the players with cheap shots is very unfair. Many of the Scottish players will have to had made far more sacrifice to be where they are compared to their male equivalent (quitting work, not having families, moving abroad).

Whenever I see a female player interviewed they are a lot more humble and appreciative than EPL superstars. So I will say well done for earning their moment in the spotlight.

There was a clip on last night where one girl scored a cracking goal and she practically burst into tears after it, incredulous that she scored it. :D

You can just imagine the rows of sensible shoes in the dressing rooms. :cool:
My cousins daughter scored for Rangers in a cup final vs Celtic and burst into tears, I didn’t know where to look :))

I'll probably watch the Scotland games and possibly the final.
Regarding pundits I would rather listen to Alex Scott than the clowns on both BT and the BBC for the cup final just now

Yeah, i'll definetly be watching the Womens Football World Cup. Yes Sir. Totally. 100% definetly. No i won't really, would rather staple my nuts to the table in all honesty. Now, Womens Beach Volleyball World Cup, i'll be watching that.

For sure, thoroughly enjoy it. Got into Women’s soccer as I coached a girls team for years. My daughter still plays in College in USA.

I'm old-fashioned in my views but I genuinely believe there's a place for women in football...

...streaking and washing the strips.

I don’t bother much with the idiot box in the corner, I will probably start out with the best intentions but get bored after 10 minutes and put it off

The standard of boys under-13s (possibly being generous there). And they charge €8 and upwards for tickets. The media can push it all they want but it's rank rotten.

Nope, other than checking out the fan-dan, got absolutely no interest whatsoever.

2nd, 3rd, 4th rate football, and that’s in comparison to Juniors.

Was it the last one where it was a Japan USA final? Was it just the final on tv as I was sure I watched it, but see that it’s only home nations on tv this year.

I would close my curtains if it was being played in my back garden.

Last edited:
Back