Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

D

They could have tried to claim the moral high ground if they hadn't tried to play the "separate entity" card so shamelessly.

They've made their position clear and it's already been shown that no-one's buying it.

They'll come out of this very badly.
I do hope so.

The only thing that will see them brought to task is people power. The problem is there is not a chance in hell we will see a single SNP or Labour politician call for an enquiry.

There is zero chance the football authorities will get involved. Remember their placeman Doncaster is sat in both the SFA and SPFL and will be actively encouranging silence.

The other clubs will say feck all in fear of a boycott from the mhankies and the poodle media are already on message.

Mark my words. They will pay out and shamelessly attempt to seize the moral high ground. There media pals will see these bastards come out of this a few quid down but will be praised for their sympathetic approach in paying out when they really didn't have to.
That won't happen there is still plenty to come and for them worse to come

Celtic did indeed continue to do business with Torbetts Trophy Centre AFTER Torbett was convicted in 1997 and the contract for his cheap plastic trinkets was stopped when discovered In 2001.

So throughout Torbetts first sentence SeperateEntity FC continued filling the bheasts pockets and I believe the final figure ran into thousands of pounds

I hope SeperateEntity fc can provide receipts for their business with Torbetts company between 1997-2001 because it looks to me CFC were paying Torbett to keep his gob shut
Interesting times ahead. Lots to be revealed

Mark my words. They will pay out and shamelessly attempt to seize the moral high ground. There media pals will see these bastards come out of this a few quid down but will be praised for their sympathetic approach in paying out when they really didn't have to.

I’d love to see them try. Seizing the moral high ground when they covered up child abuse? It won’t happen. They can’t pay compensation to the victims without offering an apology, and an apology would be an admission of responsibility.

They can’t just go, “it’s nothing to do with us but here’s a payout anyway because we’re such a generous club”. That would be too much even for the Scottish press to stomach. The English press would crucify them.

A certain Mr Lawwell joined the scum in 1990 as financial controller....this crap about new board not knowing what old board did etc and cant held responsible is just that...crap. Peter would have known about the payments all those years ago and as far as im aware not suffering from dementia...get him on the stand!!

They'll need to pay out the £5 million to each of the 50 victims because they can't exactly go back on their word and now say it wasn't a seperate entity! :))

Celtic go bankrupt, put into the Scottish Lowland League and Rangers win 55 next season

I thought I read that the punishment RFC received has never been leveled at another club for the same crime (administration) before or since. Is that not the case?

Wasn't this a special Rangers rule?

A certain Mr Lawwell joined the scum in 1990 as financial controller....this crap about new board not knowing what old board did etc and cant held responsible is just that...crap. Peter would have known about the payments all those years ago and as far as im aware not suffering from dementia...get him on the stand!!

McCafferty was also a full time employee of Piggery FC, as were many of his victims, so the separate entity excuse is embarrassing. Not only Boys Club victims but also victims of Piggery FC itself. Unless they're saying that they are now a brand new club formed under wee Fergus in 1994 ?

Last edited:
I just can’t get the scums stance on this whole sordid episode.

The evidence is mounting to blast there “separate entity” claim yet still they say nothing.

I can only assume they have there solicitors going through there records and preparing a statemen.

With all that’s came out they can’t hide behind the door for much longer that’s for sure!

They have already tried to get out of it by pleading " seperate entity " anything they say or do now will make them out liars as well. Said before on here I don't know who advised them to say "seperate entity " but now showing to be a very big and will be a very expensive mistake

That won't happen there is still plenty to come and for them worse to come

You’ve been bang on with info throughout all this so it’s reassuring that you still say they will be punished severely.
I have the fear they will get away but hope they get taken to the cleaners!
Here’s hoping the documentaries you discussed previously air soon and puts the final nail in their coffin.
If they are being linked to the abuse at crewe too then it’s feasible they could be hit with claims from south of the border too

McCafferty was also a full time employee of Piggery FC, as were many of his victims, so the separate entity excuse is embarrassing. Not only Boys Club victims but also victims of Piggery FC itself. Unless they're saying that they are now a brand new club formed under wee Fergus in 1994 ?

Can you imagine if after all the sevco and zombies nonsense, they actually tried to get out of this by claiming they weren't the same club any more?!

Timmy minds would blow everywhere.

I'd like to think that Celtic will finally do the decent thing and admit that these atrocious crimes were committed by people within their organisation / control, that they will sit down with the victims and admit that they as a club should have done far more to put a stop to it all those years ago, that they are eternally sorry for trying to bury the truth and disassociate their club from these terrible events in order to try and keep the name of Celtic fc clean and ultimately offer financial compensation.

However, they seem hell bent on denying these victims any sense of peace, closure and justice so they are having to go through the courts where they will ultimately get that anyway.

I'd rather the former than the later as the victims and their families deserve as swift a sense of justice on this as possible but should Celtic continue in their ridiculous stubbornness on this issue then I hope the justice system nails them and the stinking rancid club is hit in a way it can never recover from either morally or financially.
Celtic doing the decent thing that will be a first.

Can you imagine if after all the sevco and zombies nonsense, they actually tried to get out of this by claiming they weren't the same club any more?!

Many of their mhedia whores are already saying that the current Piggery Board are not to " blame " for the litany of historic crimes committed. This is the narrative being spun. It would not surprise me at all if they try the new club route to avoid the punishments, both financial and sporting, coming their way.

The filth will not settle out of court as that would be seen as an admission of guilt.
They’ll be given an assurance from high up that it’ll be ok to go to court as a hand picked judge will rule that they are a separate entity.
Dornan and others are trying to mediate, playing the honest broker. What they are trying to do is for cfc to set up a fund for the victim's. Of course this comes with no admission of guilt on their part, also I think the ensuing SNP, Celtic family bandwagon will try for no retrospective punishments.

Last edited:

I called it straight away that they'll end up saying they were formed in 94. Wee Fergus probably foreseen all this further down the line. When the separate entity gets blown out the water it's their only recourse. Scumbags.

I called it straight away that they'll end up saying they were formed in 94. Wee Fergus probably foreseen all this further down the line. When the separate entity gets blown out the water it's their only recourse. Scumbags.
So they illegally inherited a dead team's history, trophies and coefficient

We could have some payback if they tried that

Many of their mhedia whores are already saying that the current Piggery Board are not to " blame " for the litany of historic crimes committed. This is the narrative being spun. It would not surprise me at all if they try the new club route to avoid the punishments, both financial and sporting, coming their way.

Wasn’t Lawwell there around 1990 as Financial Controller mate ?

Aye but the trouble is it's being aired on football forums, mainly ours, and until it is aired by the media and in particular the UK media then scumtic are relatively safe their apologists in the Scottish mhedia can operate a damage limitation exercise for them with payments made they then will be elevated to sainthood among the footballing world.

You’ve been bang on with info throughout all this so it’s reassuring that you still say they will be punished severely.
I have the fear they will get away but hope they get taken to the cleaners!
Here’s hoping the documentaries you discussed previously air soon and puts the final nail in their coffin.
If they are being linked to the abuse at crewe too then it’s feasible they could be hit with claims from south of the border too
Not only Crewe but a least another 3 in England, seems they didn't keep their paedophile ring only at Parkhead

Dornan and others are trying to mediate, playing the honest broker. What they are trying to do is for cfc to set up a fund for the victim's. Of course this comes with no admission of guilt on their part, also I think the ensuing SNP, Celtic family bandwagon will try for no respective punishments.
Just hope some shit hot lawyers who can't be influenced cut through this BS. There is enough on this site alone to put together some very damning stuff. Justice for the victims.

Aye but the trouble is it's being aired on football forums, mainly ours, and until it is aired by the media and in particular the UK media then scumtic are relatively safe their apologists in the Scottish mhedia can operate a damage limitation exercise for them with payments made they then will be elevated to sainthood among the footballing world.
Defo agree mate
I just added to one of the other threads that this scandal needs to be brought up in the House of Commons so that it will give it national air time and expose the Scottish government and media for failing to push for a public enquiry

There must be some politicians that would bring it up

D6oiWSJXoAAVFyV.jpg

Back