Rangers Legends v Shotts Select - 14th June

mdingwall

Administrator
Rangers Legends v Shotts Select - 14th June

Gordon posted on FF as Girny for many years. He was president of Shotts Rangers Supporters Club in the 80's and regularly ran buses to away European games, with Jimmy Bell often driving the bus!

Most recently Gordon helped his brother TattieT on FF, organise Rangers Legends events in London, the last one being the Ray Wilkins Memorial Cup in June last year, where Gordon was the kit man.

Only weeks after that he was diagnosed with terminal cancer and passed away peacefully in August, with his last game at Ibrox being the Europa League game on 12th July.

During his last few weeks, the support he and the family got from Macmillan Cancer Support was amazing.

Please come along to Shotts for a family evening with Rangers Legends to support a great cause.

We will be in attendance for this and hopefully bringing good numbers through! Should be a good one and also for a great cause.
Thanks for the support pal, appreciated. Player announcements nearer the time , and a couple of the current Scottish referees offered to cover the game . For the Shotts Select there will be some ex players who won the Junior cup for them and some guests . All the pay to plays and child mascot places have gone , and our Main match sponsor is J n C Architects , thanks to John Leitch . Match tickets available as per contacts on the poster and Macmillan cancer support North Lanarkshire are promoting the game as well. If anyone wants a match poster to put up in your local pub or club , pm me your address and I will post one

Going from work that day be a good day

Nice one, we’ll have the bus on the go anyway mate give me a shout
Thanks for the support pal, appreciated. Player announcements nearer the time , and a couple of the current Scottish referees offered to cover the game . For the Shotts Select there will be some ex players who won the Junior cup for them and some guests . All the pay to plays and child mascot places have gone , and our Main match sponsor is J n C Architects , thanks to John Leitch . Match tickets available as per contacts on the poster and Macmillan cancer support North Lanarkshire are promoting the game as well. If anyone wants a match poster to put up in your local pub or club , pm me your address and I will post one

Send me a poster out mate I’ll get it up in the Brit!

A wee update on my brother's memorial game. I was up for a few days last week and met Stan Gordon who has pulled together a very decent squad to play at Shotts, all UK based, as it's not a big enough event to fly over European based ex players . Myself and the family are however very grateful for the ex players who will come along to Shotts on the night and help us celebrate my brother's life which was taken so quickly last summer , and help us raise more money for Macmillan cancer support , we've already raised about £8k and about 16 of us are also doing one of the hikes in the summer

The squad , subject to availability will look something like this, Ian Durrant had hoped to co manage the team with Stan, but it looks like he's on holiday when the games on

Guesting in goal, due to The Goalie being unfit is David McEwan ex Livi, Hamilton, Clyde, Scotland under 21 caps , a family friend and huge Rangers fan
Marvin Andrews, Nacho Novo, Bob Malcolm, John MacDonald, Colin Hendry , Gary McSwegan, Bobby Russell, Lee McCulloch ,Gregory Vignal, Charlie Miller , Peter McDonald and 4 pay to plays who are all close friends of my brother
Match tickets are now on sale locally either at the Bon Accord social club or from John Murphy Shotts RSC / 32 Club , or for non locals pm myself . All pre match hospitality is sold out with people coming from all over the UK. A match programme will be produced with a few advert places still available. All the Rangers mascot places went very quickly , a few Shotts ones are still available.

More info is available on Twitter @Rangers_Bognor or Facebook rangers legendsvshottsselect

A wee Bank holiday bump, with just over 6 weeks to go , match tickets available locally as per the poster or pm myself. Tickets are only a tenner for adults , fiver for kids , raising money for Macmillan cancer support . Pre match hospitality is sold out . Appreciate any support promoting the game

Just over 3 weeks to go to my brothers memorial game . Plenty match tickets still available either a tenner adults half price for kids, available locally from either the Bon Accord social club or John Murphy Shotts RSC / 32 Club . Anyone further afield pm me I'll send them out . There will be pay on the gate on the evening . Delighted that Ian Durrant will jointly manage the Rangers Legends team with Stan Gordon. Lots of auction items and raffle coming in with Macmillan cancer support being our charity of choice
These include a signed pair of Jermain Defoe boots , a signed Gazza n Walter Smith boot , and the most publicised one being the specially commissioned painting of Ryan Kent and Scott Brown , Kent throwing a punch , signed by both . It's already had a bid of £750

Hope a few people can come along on the evening , appreciate all the support so far from both the local community and people coming from all over the UK

Unfortunately pre match hospitality is sold out

Just over 3 weeks to go to my brothers memorial game . Plenty match tickets still available either a tenner adults half price for kids, available locally from either the Bon Accord social club or John Murphy Shotts RSC / 32 Club . Anyone further afield pm me I'll send them out . There will be pay on the gate on the evening . Delighted that Ian Durrant will jointly manage the Rangers Legends team with Stan Gordon. Lots of auction items and raffle coming in with Macmillan cancer support being our charity of choice
These include a signed pair of Jermain Defoe boots , a signed Gazza n Walter Smith boot , and the most publicised one being the specially commissioned painting of Ryan Kent and Scott Brown , Kent throwing a punch , signed by both . It's already had a bid of £750

Hope a few people can come along on the evening , appreciate all the support so far from both the local community and people coming from all over the UK

Unfortunately pre match hospitality is sold out

We will be there mate, numbers tbc but definitely have a bus going through.

A wee bump , with under 2 weeks to go , tickets are selling well, details on poster at start of thread , pre match hospitality is sold out . Thanks to those who have supported the event and the family . Much appreciated

Nice wee call from Gregory Vignal Friday night confirming he will be playing this Friday in my brother's Memorial game . Class. Some great items donated for the auction as we raise money for Macmillan cancer support . The one off painting signed by both players, Ryan Kent smacking Scott Brown, currently sitting at £1200 . A pair of Lewis Capaldi tickets for next March 5th SSE Hydro , signed Gazza n Walter Smith boot, signed Alan McGregor shirt , signed Ryan Jack Europa league shirt to name a few

Auction is around 6pm this Friday before the game , or contact myself via here or Twitter @Rangers_Bognor or Facebook Rangerslegendsvshottsselect

Match tickets are still available or pay on the gate

Plenty of parking around Hannah Park or park and have a pint at the 32 Club , where the Shotts RSC leaves from , and walk up the hill 5 minutes. Thanks to Damside Bear for posting a pic of the match trophy for my brothers memorial game , kindly donated by Derek McNeil originally from Larne, now based in Cardiff and working with High Motive Ltd

I flew up from Gatwick this afternoon and Shotts is buzzing for the game. ..Weather supposed to be ok on Friday , if your at a loose end pop along

Plenty of parking around Hannah Park or park and have a pint at the 32 Club , where the Shotts RSC leaves from , and walk up the hill 5 minutes. Thanks to Damside Bear for posting a pic of the match trophy for my brothers memorial game , kindly donated by Derek McNeil originally from Larne, now based in Cardiff and working with High Motive Ltd

I flew up from Gatwick this afternoon and Shotts is buzzing for the game. ..Weather supposed to be ok on Friday , if your at a loose end pop along

All the best for Friday. Gutted I can't make this one

I stay locally in Harthill so if the weather is ok I'll try and pop along.

Had a great night cheers @tattiet hope there was plenty raised for the cause!

Was great to meet Greg Docherty enjoying the game as well, wee man was buzzing to get to meet him!

5-3 I think. 2-2 at half time and maybe the shotts keeper going off changed the game. Decent game to watch and got to say that our former players are a huge credit.

Was an entertaining game , good crowd and the weather was spot on . Never been to Hannah Park before not a bad wee ground . Pleasant way to spend a Friday evening . :)

Was wee Durranty involved?
Anyone got the lineups from last night?
Yes. Durrant was Stan Gordons No2 last night. Dont know how to post a pic but the Rangers team consisted of. Big Marv, Colin Hendry, Gregory Vignal, Bob Malcolm, Charlie Miller, Alex Rae, Peter Macdonald (ran the show) & Nacho Novo amongst others. What a fantastically well run evening.

@tattiet yourself and Lauren are a credit to the family for speaking the way you both did last night. Was an amazingly humbling and enjoyable evening all round. You did Gordon proud.

As expected, the Rangers family didn't disappoint. Kudos to the players for coming in and mingling with the fans in the Club afterwards. We Are The People.

Yes. Durrant was Stan Gordons No2 last night. Dont know how to post a pic but the Rangers team consisted of. Big Marv, Colin Hendry, Gregory Vignal, Bob Malcolm, Charlie Miller, Alex Rae, Peter Macdonald (ran the show) & Nacho Novo amongst others. What a fantastically well run evening.

@tattiet yourself and Lauren are a credit to the family for speaking the way you both did last night. Was an amazingly humbling and enjoyable evening all round. You did Gordon proud.

As expected, the Rangers family didn't disappoint. Kudos to the players for coming in and mingling with the fans in the Club afterwards. We Are The People.
Thanks for the kind words . When I organised the Ray Wilkins Memorial game last summer in London my brother came down to help Stan Gordon and the players , little did we think a year later I'd be organising one for him

Great support last night from the local community , the sponsors, Shotts Bon Accord committee , and people from all over the UK . Very humbling . I didn't see a bit of the game , as flying about , e.g. trying to get big Marvin down to Wishaw General , with a bad eye cut ( He's fine now ) Stan and Ian Durrant were superb as were all the ex players who gave so much back to the fans who turned up

Got a few programmes left if anyone wants one pm me and I'll post it out if you make a wee donation to a cancer charity , of your choice

As well as raising a lot for Macmillan figure tbc, we also managed to get a defibrillator for Shotts Bon Accord to say thank you and give something back to the local community

Thanks again to all who came along

How much did that Ryan Kent canvass fetch in the end? Last I saw it was up to 1300 quid before the day

Back