Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Can someone please clarify what their separate entity claim is based on?

What is the significance of what McCann did in 1994? Did they have a company change again in 2001?

It has nothing to do with any change in 1994 or later. They simply contest that CBC is a separate and distinct company/ organisation to CFC. Basically a feeder club that had no legal connection to Celtic.

I agree there should be sanctions if you read through my previous posts.

Jailtime isn’t enough justice for the fowl crimes that were commited under the name of Celtic, make no mistake, but shouting about sporting advantages is classless dirge.

FACT, Celtic football club benefited financially by COVERING UP abuse of children.

That financial benefit enabled them a potential sporting advantage over their competition.

The same argument that they maintain with regard pur use of EBT's.

Now, in no way am I comparing the 2. However, given the absolute destruction of our football club over the past 7 years, is it any wonder that people are hoping for a level of karma with regard our biggest rivals over a much more serious issue? I don't see it as people salivating over it. I simply see it as people hoping that as a consequence of their action (or inaction) that they are punished.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if those bastards had sneakily got non disclosure documents signed underhandedly in amongst a lot of other Legalese.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if those bastards had sneakily got non disclosure documents signed underhandedly in amongst a lot of other Legalese.
NDAs which condemn more than protect "the good name". The only use would be to confirm a distinct link between CFC and CBC

NDAs which condemn more than protect "the good name". The only use would be to confirm a distinct link between CFC and CBC
It is disgusting that they even tried to use the separate entity bullshit the connections are plain as the nose on our face, the fact that they remained to think they had a good name after such actions is abhorrent arrogant, deviant, death cult bastards.

They only need one like minded learned friend of the bar to rule they are indeed a separate entity and they get off scot free.
I think this is the angle they’re aiming for.

I don't think that outcome is likely. There is far too much evidence to the contrary out there, especially from the people who matter most - the victims.

In any case, I'm not sure that would be the best outcome for Celtic. Reputation wise, the damage would be worse than from any other outcome.

I can't see any 'best option' for them to be honest. Through lies and arrogance they have backed themselves into a corner. Like rhats.

McCafferty was a full time employee at Piggery FC, as were some of his victims when these gruesome incidents took place, which ends the ludicrous separate entity nonsene.

https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...-doubting-the-separate-entity-nonsense.75887/

Yes mate that is true. However they haven't released any kind of statement since November last year as far as I'm aware which contended they were a separate entity to the Boys Club. So they must still maintain that same contention .

Yes mate that is true. However they haven't released any kind of statement since November last year as far as I'm aware which contended they were a separate entity to the Boys Club. So they must still maintain that same contention .

I reckon even those shameless scum at the Piggery wouldn't try to publicly claim the separate entity craziness anymore. That defence is gone. My own opinion is that they'll try to want anything but long running individual civil court cases or class actions, which will bring not only endless negative publicity and scandal but proof of negligence, guilt, and failure in care of duty towards employees,etc. They are on the backfoot, make no mistake about that.

Would be very interesting to understand what he knew from back then when he was FC mate.
I’m sure he was FC around about the time when Brady & Macari we’re there ? If so that’s when the Kearny, NJ incident happened, as well as the Lou Macari story of course.

Peter Lawwell
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peter Lawwell is the chief executive of the Scottish Premier League football club Celtic F.C.[1]
After a career working as an executive for a number of companies, including ICI and Hoffman-LaRoche, Lawwell joined Celtic as financial controller in 1990. He left the club and held senior positions in Mining Scotland and Clydeport before returning to Celtic in November 2003 as CEO.[2] He has been credited with helping the club to increase revenue since his appointment and is considered a tough transfer negotiator.[3]Nevertheless he felt obliged to apologize for fans after a trophy-less 2009-10 campaign.[4]
[edit]References

McNeill was there until 91. 91 was when the crime and cover up in NJ was commited.
Hope that helps.

It has nothing to do with any change in 1994 or later. They simply contest that CBC is a separate and distinct company/ organisation to CFC. Basically a feeder club that had no legal connection to Celtic.

Are celtc fc themselves not something like 4 separate entities? They are still the same club though.

Peter Lawwell
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Peter Lawwell is the chief executive of the Scottish Premier League football club Celtic F.C.[1]
After a career working as an executive for a number of companies, including ICI and Hoffman-LaRoche, Lawwell joined Celtic as financial controller in 1990. He left the club and held senior positions in Mining Scotland and Clydeport before returning to Celtic in November 2003 as CEO.[2] He has been credited with helping the club to increase revenue since his appointment and is considered a tough transfer negotiator.[3]Nevertheless he felt obliged to apologize for fans after a trophy-less 2009-10 campaign.[4]
[edit]References

McNeill was there until 91. 91 was when the crime and cover up in NJ was commited.
Hope that helps.

Thanks a lot Johnny. So he was there for the New Jersey & Lou Macari incidents. SO .......

FAT PETER KNEW ;)

Seems to me that Celtic are keeping their heads down and saying nothing in the hope that the media attention will all go away.

It could be - and if they were smart - that they are having quiet discussions with the victim's lawyers with a view to a confidential settlement with no admision of guilt.

If I was Lawwell that is what I would be doing.

Then again, they could be arrogant enough to think they can get away with it for free.

I don't think that outcome is likely. There is far too much evidence to the contrary out there, especially from the people who matter most - the victims.

In any case, I'm not sure that would be the best outcome for Celtic. Reputation wise, the damage would be worse than from any other outcome.

I can't see any 'best option' for them to be honest. Through lies and arrogance they have backed themselves into a corner. Like rhats.
If in the unlikely event that was the case it could presumably will be appealed.After all, our tax case was appealed numerous times and ended up at the Supreme Court in London(I think)

Seems to me that Celtic are keeping their heads down and saying nothing in the hope that the media attention will all go away.

It could be - and if they were smart - that they are having quiet discussions with the victim's lawyers with a view to a confidential settlement with no admision of guilt.

Then again, they could be arrogant enough to think they can get away with it for free.

with potentially upwards of a hundred victims?

how would it work? the poor woman who is all over twitter right now just falls silent one day?

Exactly. The Financial Controller ? Yep :D
Alright mate,a wee bit of digging unearthed Lawwell as being at Celtic in 1990 with McNeill as manager,91 when Brady took over and I have him starting with Mining Scotland from 97 to 2000,then clydeport from 2000 to 2003 . So that will.place him still doing his finance bit at Celtic from 91 up to 97 with Macari and Burns as managers as well. I think the CEO then was Terry Cassidy in the early 90s?

Alright mate,a wee bit of digging unearthed Lawwell as being at Celtic in 1990 with McNeill as manager,91 when Brady took over and I have him starting with Mining Scotland from 97 to 2000,then clydeport from 2000 to 2003 . So that will.place him still doing his finance bit at Celtic from 91 up to 97 with Macari and Burns as managers as well. I think the CEO then was Terry Cassidy in the early 90s?

So that’s him there right when a lot of documented stuff was going on SYD. Slimey lowlife.
How can you find that out yet the SMSM can’t ?
Because they want to ignore it I’d suggest ?

Anyone else a little suspicious of someone with a name like Patrick McGuire the lawyer representing so many of the victims collectively ?

Why do the victims not have individual lawyers ?

Is McGuire another Celtic place man appointed to ensure the compensation claims are kept down to a minimum ?
No, it will be a class action.

It’s just that the SMSM are coming out with all of this BS that the current board don’t know.

He does :mad:

The current board will know all the details. They would be failing in their fiduciary duty if they didn't given the financial implications of the impending lawsuits.

That does not mean that they have any personal liability - although Lawwell might given his role at Celtic in the 1990s - for what happened at the time given that they were not there.

nb. I haven't looked at who is on the mhanky board so I don't know if others were around when the abuse was happening.

If he didn't know then (no sniggering at the back) he certainly knows now. He will know all the sordid details.

Yup, he'll have had to find out about it all as part of his job.

Of course, depending on who signed what way back when certain people might have known all that anyway.

They're absolutely trying to ride it out.

I dont think some of the victims and families appear to be backing down though.

I wonder just what and how much the septic board are offering the victim's families right now. Liewell has all his poodles sitting up, waiting for the word that there is now no case to answer and everything has been settled amicably with no fault assigned to ceptic fc. That's what they are all hoping and going down on their knees in the chapel for.

A really dumb question. Is failure to report the crimes actually a crime? There’s obviously a moral component, but can former directors and managers who have admitted having knowledge actually be prosecuted for not reporting the perpetrators?

If the answer is no, then what then for Celtic? There could be a financial slap on the wrists for accounting irregularities over the Trophy Centre payments there could be some fallout from the New Jersey episodes.

The only significant damage to Celtic is their reputation, but has there ever been another organization as good at covering up the truth behind what they and their fans do. They’ll probably get an award for changing the narrative to them being victims.

Maybe only the SFA can dole out real punishment fitting what happened. Yeah, that will happen.

An associate of Celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett is trolling the family of one of his victims on social media.

William Gilbert has targeted relatives of the late Andrew Gray in a series of tweets.

One shows him at a shooting range in the US saying he’s “got out all the evil from my system. Let’s shoot for the public inquiry everyone wants”.

In another, he mocks Andrew’s death saying that alcohol and swimming don’t mix.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.da...-news/pal-celtic-boys-club-beast-16180227.amp

Last edited by a moderator:
The sad thing is that Gilbert’s dad took his own life as a result of this. Torbett took refuge in the Gilbert family home when news of his antics first broke.

Back