Aston Villa plan £10m swoop for Ryan Kent

Bonnyloyal

• By Alan Nixon
  • 25th May 2019, 10:30 pm
ASTON VILLA will join the £10million chase for Ryan Kent — whether they make the Premier League or not.
Villa have told Liverpool that they want the 22-year-old wide man, who has starred on loan for Rangers this season.

Boss Dean Smith is willing to buy Kent with Villa hoping they can offer him top-flight football.

They will go in with an offer soon after the Championship play-off final against Derby at Wembley, with the funds to buy him now whether they go up or not.

The final decision will come down to Kent, who would aim for Premier League football but may be interested if Villa are serious about challenging again.

While Gerrard dreams of a second spell for Kent at Rangers, the Anfield prospect is looking to play at a high level in England

Huddersfield and Fulham have also looked at Kent but would struggle to meet the asking price and could not provide Premier football — while Villa may have that luxury.

Kent is not coming back, no wonder Liverpool want to give us another winger as Kent bombed on his last loan spell.

It’s the market we are in now. If Liverpool want to give us a top prospect each year to use us as a shop window then why not. We are never going to be able to buy them anyway.

Plus if they do go for big bucks to someone else then they have obviously don’t the business for us

Don’t fill the team with them. One or two at a time is plenty

Will be gutted if we don't get him for another season, for me he's a game changer, especially against the bheasts as they are terrified of him.
Managing to get him could possibly be the difference between winning or not winning the league next season

• By Alan Nixon

• 25th May 2019, 10:30 pm
ASTON VILLA will join the £10million chase for Ryan Kent — whether they make the Premier League or not.
Villa have told Liverpool that they want the 22-year-old wide man, who has starred on loan for Rangers this season.

Boss Dean Smith is willing to buy Kent with Villa hoping they can offer him top-flight football.

They will go in with an offer soon after the Championship play-off final against Derby at Wembley, with the funds to buy him now whether they go up or not.

The final decision will come down to Kent, who would aim for Premier League football but may be interested if Villa are serious about challenging again.

While Gerrard dreams of a second spell for Kent at Rangers, the Anfield prospect is looking to play at a high level in England

Huddersfield and Fulham have also looked at Kent but would struggle to meet the asking price and could not provide Premier football — while Villa may have that luxury.
Hope they get pumped .

The sad reality is he’s not worth 10M but the money now even in the Championship we can’t compete. It will be interesting to see what happens I’m of the understanding that he’s coming back on loan with an option to buy end of next season but money talks down south.

The price on his head changes on a daily basis, was 6m at one point, then 12m and now it seems to be 10m. I don't doubt there will be clubs chasing his signature, but these headlines are guesses at best.

It will be interesting to see how Kent’s career develops. As good as he was at times, his final ball and shooting could be questionable.

For me he is a top championship player but don’t see him in the top league.

Could see him back at Ibrox in the future.

Thoughts?
Kent is class mate, just remember Lustig terrified when the wee man is charging towards him.

Mental, we are basically increasing the value of these players but getting not much in return.

One good season at Rangers will see your transfer value go from £100,000 to £10,000,000

F8ck modern football
What can be done about it though?

That's us our the bidding war for him though. Lucky for us he didn't do so well last time down England, so if he flops again we could get him back in January on loan

10m for Kent is ridiculous. He's a good player but 10m is taking the piss. If Kent is worth 10m then Morelos is worth about 50m.

He had everything except the end product - which was unquestionably lacking in his game.

But he has a great attitude and at 21, with the right coaching, I believe he’ll find that aspect of the game eventually.

If we were somehow able to hold onto him imagine the player we would have on our hands when he’s 25.

If we had a spare £10m, I wouldn't spend it on Ryan Kent.

We've lost better.
Whilst I agree with what you say, some of our signings, using Borna as an example, have the skill but lack the application. Kent has the mentality which we need, which has proven to be fairly elusive in some of our signings.

Mental, we are basically increasing the value of these players but getting not much in return.

One good season at Rangers will see your transfer value go from £100,000 to £10,000,000

F8ck modern football
It's not a bad thing. If parent clubs know a successful loan spell at Rangers will increase fringe players' resale value then we're likely to continue receiving quality loanees. In an ideal world they develop and contribute to our success.

On the flip side if parent clubs are selling players for £10m+ based on a successful loan at Ibrox then we can rightly demand similar money for players we own and are looking to move on.

Losing Kent isn't ideal and we'd all like him to stay but if Liverpool get decent money for him it only helps us in the long run.

Part of the food chain really. Money wise, they can blow us out the water. Works both ways, if he goes for big money it could be an incentive for other players to do the same

This isn't the way forward for our club. We should be buying this type of player then reaping the profit. This is simply benefiting the richer clubs. It also pisses off the fans as they only get the player for the season.
You can't build a team this way.
Personally, I'm fucking sick of the EPL and the ludicrous money involved. I don't want any more loans.

We should be asking for a 10% development fee. :D

On a serious note, he was never likely to be coming back if he's worth that sort of money to Liverpool. I'd be delighted if he did though. He was improving month on month for us and it would have been ideal getting him back on the form he was in at the end of the season.

What can be done about it though?

That's us our the bidding war for him though. Lucky for us he didn't do so well last time down England, so if he flops again we could get him back in January on loan

10m for Kent is ridiculous. He's a good player but 10m is taking the piss. If Kent is worth 10m then Morelos is worth about 50m.
That's the market they're in. £100m to the worst team in the league before anybody passes through the gates makes £10m not that much of a risk to them.

F8ck modern football

Bad in a way, but also phenomenal for us in a way.

Kent is far from the finished article, as has been said, his decision making and final ball are more often than not poor. However that will only improve. I suspect he'd not get much game time in the premier League. He'd learn more staying here, his long term career would likely benefit from staying here another year.
We shouldn't spend more tha 3.5 mill on him. He's not worth more than that to us. However, to prem club he might be worth a punt at 10. If it was my team, I wouldn't spend that on him.
Unfortunately money talks. I suspect it will in this case. He'll make 60 grand a week for season and likely end up at a league 1 or lower championship club. Nobody wins.

I think he will develop into good premiership player with the likes of Villa if its where he ends up. Don't think he's at that level yet but we saw the rapid development this season from him.

10 million this season, another season with us and he’ll be worth 15 million
You know it makes sense Liverpool

Good player, if he progresses could be a great player,, its up to the player now, he could come back to us for another year and have a great season, and might then be ready for a go at the epl,, or take the money from villa and gamble on his future,, either way it won't be up to us

If we can take developing players and turn them into £10m assets, were going to get more made available to us. Consider the scum and their disasters with Musonda, Arzani, etc.

Getting priced out by they c.unts sore, but it’s reality.

But reality is, our club is bigger and better!

Villa are on the edge of breaking FFP.

They will only be able to sign him if they go up or if they sell grealish.

I imagine if they don't go up Grealish won't be sold as he's rherebest player. Lets hope waggy scores 5 v them

He’s not worth £10m.

If he goes for that then Villa have made an arse of it.

I believe if it was up to the player, he’d rather be with us though.

Back