Confused Hearts fans

See when I was a young pup I was in the apprentice boys. And joined a flute band from airdrie I learned that not all loyalist are rangers fans far from it. I met airdrie fans Motherwell, hearts, Falkirk to name a few. Most of the said clubs have a few union flags in their ranks. See instead of giving them a hard time why don’t we embrace the fact that union flags are being hoisted high by fans of other clubs?.

Lived in Edinburgh long enough, been to enough Hearts games and studied the Jambos support in enough detail to tell you exactly how it lies through there.
Stay in Edinburgh too but it’s a vauge statement to say every single hearts supporter who is young and carries the Union Jacks etc and you can’t tell their all working class by looking at them
Surely ?

Stay in Edinburgh too but it’s a vauge statement to say every single hearts supporter who is young and carries the Union Jacks ect , and you can’t tell their all working class by looking at them
Surely ?
A certain type of Hearts fan developed in the 90s/00s that will be around 40 years old or younger just now. Middle-class, upwardly mobile and trying to drag the Hearts support in a direction that the older guys and the working class guys aren't happy with.

There's a split there. Been in enough social clubs and worked in enough Edinburgh offices to see it for myself. The Protestant link and the Orange/Loyalist branding gives the middle-class, under-40 type the shivers.

That split will never, ever generate within the Rangers support. These types would be chased from Ibrox.

On a side note, Edinburgh has a great military history. My uncle and his brothers went through fantastic training and went in to battle on behalf of the british community.
Edinburgh is a proud british army establishment. I have met many people from edinburgh who have no connection with hearts or hibs but have proud military roots and proudly represent their country in this manner. Loyalist's to the british view of life. So like some say there are many reasons what a loyalist is.

My uncle was not a football fan, but he was loyal to queen and country and prepared himself to fight and did fight on behalf of democracy and his queen and country. He was a true loyalist outwith a protestant loyalist.

Ended up with ptsd after fighting off the IRA. Some of you might have read this week too of a fantasist pretending to be him. He was the true hero.

Apologies for going off course, but when edinburgh is mentioned in any form it reminds me of him.

Ach, tonight i raise a glass to Wullie "kojack" reid. He fought the ira. A true hero.

Working Class Jambos are the Loyalists from the schemes and there’s the Middle Class Jambos trying to make Hearts an SNP/Yes club. Anyone saying all the Jambos hate us is a load of guff. Hearts fans would pick us over them any day unless they’re one of these middle class supporters who know nothing about the history of the club.

A lot of the Jambos I know who are into carrying Union jacks and Ulster flags are the young boys who are often booed down by the older supporters

Two lots of Jambos.

Older or working class - Fine

Younger and middle class - Politically correct, anti-Rangers filth

So the older ones are the staunch loyaist guys who boo down the younger loyalists - and the younger ones are the anti-loyalist filth that carry union and Ulster flags.

Glad that's that sorted then.

Remember jambos in orange hall just down from duke street before and after cup final they won and bears shaking hands congratulating them etc, fast forward to our darkest days few years back and their fans were amongst the most anti us, never understood why

All I can say is Hearts ain’t what they used to be.

My old man was a Hearts fan and used to travel home and away, in the 40s/50s. Had some strange stories about the terraces at Septc Park being full of priests...

Too bad their useless fckn' team couldn't hold on to their lead today.

Actually, make that yesterday.

The majority of Hearts fans are staunch Unionists and a good percentage of them Loyalists.

They also have a fair few arseholes, especially in their younger support.

Having said that, we've got wankers within our support who vote SNP.
Absolute wallopers that still vote for Nippy and support us. They’re not the full shilling. A few bears I know voted for SNP a few years ago but wouldn’t now after seeing what they’re truly about and their hatred for our football club.

Saw a few Union Jack flags, an Ulster flag and a Parachute regiment flag behind the goal too.

It’s a divided fan base. They all see Hearts as the premier club in Edinburgh and see Hibs as outsiders to the city.

Many see Hearts as a Unionist club through their efforts to Britain’s armed forces in the past, plus Edinburgh is a more unionist city than Glasgow. They all see Celtic as a more exaggerated version of Hibs, so if course they have to dislike them.

You then have your more PC fans who loves Hearts, may have sung the party songs in the past but hate Glasgow and hates both us and them, and are bitter over all the years we beat them. This is the type you’ll find on Kickback but is in no way the majority.

I was in Mount Florida when they played ICT in the SF, plenty of Union Flags on display.

All Hearts fans hate us, whether they are Loyalists, Unionists or Scottish Nationalists.
Nonsense. 2 of my best mates are jambos and they are very complimentary towards our club. By their own admission they would be bluenoses if they weren’t jambos. I also know a good few other jambos and they all have a soft spot for the bears.

Last edited:
The question is - can you be a loyalist and dislike Rangers? -of course you can. I hate Hearts from a footballing perspective and they can hate me. So what? When push comes to shove, are they on our side? I hope so.
In the meantime, phuck them all, it's Rangers or nothing.

I can never understand why people make a deal of other fans flying the Union Jack, it's the flag of our country after all.
I know a hearts fan who doesn't like rangers,but he can hardly say the word celtic as he despises them. Remember a few years back when raith rovers beat them in the league cup final and we all got into a scrap with the humiliated mentally challengeds and the hearts boy was right in the middle of it giving out a few complimentary slaps.

Plenty of union flags at the game yesterday. Used to be a rare sight in the late 90’s early 2000’s but the younger, organised ultra types seem to be trying to bring the support back to its loyalist/unionist roots.

Fair f*cks to them, I say.

Although hearts are mainly unionist, they still hate us.

And we still hate them.

That’s why I don’t mind them, they hate every cûnt like us, they don’t pick and choose like other clubs.

Hearts boys I know are all dyed in wool loyalists . They travel to Belfast for the walk the come through to Glasgow for our walk and attend the east demo... they have a strong friendship with glentoran also.. I'drather have these boys fighting in my corner than some of the total arsewipes I see attending Ibrox....
Just because they dont like rangers doesnt mean they are less loyalist .

I lived in Edinburgh for a few years and never met one Hearts fan who had anything good to say about Rangers. I got more sense out half the Hibs fans if I am honest.

Working Class Jambos are the Loyalists from the schemes and there’s the Middle Class Jambos trying to make Hearts an SNP/Yes club. Anyone saying all the Jambos hate us is a load of guff. Hearts fans would pick us over them any day unless they’re one of these middle class supporters who know nothing about the history of the club.

My husband is a Jambo & says this is bang on the money. Ann Budge panders to the middle class yessers in trying to ban singing, Union jacks and anyone who doesn’t come in, sit in silence & go home at Tynecastle. He (and all the other Jambo’s in his/our family) hates Celtic as much as anyone on this board. The atmosphere at Tynecastle vs the Tims is normally horrible. I’ve sat in the Hearts end vs Rangers a couple of times. Do they dislike us? Yes. Do they hate us? No.

What s lot of shite.
I am friendly with a lot of hearts fans and yes their team comes first but put us up against Hibs or Celtic and there is only one team they want to win and that is us
That doesn't mean they don't hate us. I live in Edinburgh and believe me, every single one of them I've ever met detests us.

Where are people getting the idea that there is some kind of bond with us ? There is only one Loyalist flute band in the entire city that has a population nearly the same as Glasgow. The Orange order is almost non existent and there are no local parades. Even the main East of Scotland parade consists of bands from outside the city and attracts very few onlookers outside of tourists.

When people mentioned Glasgow voted yes

Not all of it did and it was the lowest turn out in the Indy ref ..... You also need to look at the Glasgow borders to see why majority would vote yes

Not all black and white

Where are people getting the idea that there is some kind of bond with us ? There is only one Loyalist flute band in the entire city that has a population nearly the same as Glasgow. The Orange order is almost non existent and there are no local parades. Even the main East of Scotland parade consists of bands from outside the city and attracts very few onlookers outside of tourists.

You don't need to be a member of the OO to be a proud Unionist though do you?

Most Rangers fans I've ever known aren't really that fussed on the Orange Order (may join in the songs, but it's just part of the game, nothing more), though maybe it's more of a class thing?

Edinburgh was 61% No in the Independence Referendum and has a by far stronger Unionist feel about the place than Glasgow.

I have lots of Killie fans who are friends in a "straw poll" all dislike both Rangers and Celtic but 90% hate Celtic with a vengeance and the rest just hate the two of us

Back