Rangers History Classic Rangers picture thread

Rangers 6-1 Aberdeen, Scottish Cup SF, 22nd March 1969. Willie Henderson takes to the field at the piggery:

xqdh1v.jpg
Learned something today - never knew that we ever wore blue/white socks.

Rangers 3-1 Celtic, 7th January 1978. One of the funniest goals ever scored by us v them. Whilst most of their team were back in Gers box claiming a penalty for a foul by Jackson on Craig, the ref waved play on and Rangers quickly moved the ball to the other end of the park in a sweeping move. Bobby Russell should really have scored but his effort was cleared on the line, only to fall to John Greig who had the simplest of tasks to tap it into the empty net. Queue pandemonium as some of the scum support invaded the park and their players threatened to walk off the pitch. Comedy gold :)):

rwnrma.jpg
Was also there. At 2 1 Aitken hits the post from a yard out. 60 seconds later it's 3 1.

Reactions: ao2
Rangers 3-1 Celtic, 7th January 1978. One of the funniest goals ever scored by us v them. Whilst most of their team were back in Gers box claiming a penalty for a foul by Jackson on Craig, the ref waved play on and Rangers quickly moved the ball to the other end of the park in a sweeping move. Bobby Russell should really have scored but his effort was cleared on the line, only to fall to John Greig who had the simplest of tasks to tap it into the empty net. Queue pandemonium as some of the scum support invaded the park and their players threatened to walk off the pitch. Comedy gold :)):

rwnrma.jpg
was at that game brilliant :)

The day of Hillsborough.
There was a bit of a crush behind the goal at this game too, briefly a few fans spilled onto the trackside.
I was in the Celtic end that day with my younger brother and there was a horrific crush on the way out as well
Very surprised nobody got badly hurt that day

Rangers 1-0 Celtic, 16th September 1967. Just a few minutes into the game and the animal that is Auld has taken out Davie Provan, who was carried off with broken leg:

11udyza.jpg

There were many Celtic players over the years that my dad despised, but he truly hated Auld.

He grudgingly respected their late 60s team and would admit the likes of Murdoch and Johnstone were very good players. But I never heard him ever say anything about Auld that didn't include the word "bas*ard"!

There were many Celtic players over the years that my dad despised, but he truly hated Auld.

He grudgingly respected their late 60s team and would admit the likes of Murdoch and Johnstone were very good players. But I never heard him ever say anything about Auld that didn't include the word "bas*ard"!

My Dad was the same. He despised him with a passion. Even when he was Thistle manager he was a bitter bastard. A truly despicable excuse for a human being.

My Dad was the same. He despised him with a passion. Even when he was Thistle manager he was a bitter bastard. A truly despicable excuse for a human being.
My mate played for Hibs in early 70''s when Auld was a coach under Eddie Turnable. Liked to shake my mates hand as they were both in the craft. Changed days for Auld who is now a bitter old bastard.

Rangers 1-0 Celtic, 16th September 1967. Just a few minutes into the game and the animal that is Auld has taken out Davie Provan, who was carried off with broken leg:

11udyza.jpg

My late Grandpa always maintained that the Auld tackle and Bobby Smith's tackle at Wembley in 63, that broke Eric Caldow's leg, were the 2 worst tackles he ever saw in his 80 odd years.

Celtic v Rangers, 3rd January 1966. The least said about the result the better!:

11hqu78.jpg
This pic lets us know that Ibrox was a good bit bigger than Celtic Park I had never been in that park when our end was uncovered and I believe this might be the best Rangers end pic I have seen

This pic lets us know that Ibrox was a good bit bigger than Celtic Park I had never been in that park when our end was uncovered and I believe this might be the best Rangers end pic I have seen

Those floodlight pylons were massive. I was never in it before the cover went up so the photo's an eye opener for me too. The place was still a piggery though :))

I was at the friendly at Rugby Park when he "finished" Albert Morrison who was a young player then. A ridiculous tackle and he should have got the jail.

You could hear the boy's leg snap. A dreadful tackle and he was rightly banned for several weeks for it. It was only a friendly as well as you say! By all accounts Stevens away from football was really mild mannered and nothing like you'd think, going by the way he played.

Rangers 1-0 Slavia Sofia, Cup-Winners Cup SF, 3rd May 1967. Sandy Jardine's drive is diverted over the bar by the Bulgarian keeper Simeonov, whose heroics in goal kept the score to the narrowest of margins. A Willie Henderson goal put Gers through to the final in Nuremberg on a 2-0 aggregate:

2vluwjq.jpg

Superb photos of that game! This thread delivers :))

My late Grandpa always maintained that the Auld tackle and Bobby Smith's tackle at Wembley in 63, that broke Eric Caldow's leg, were the 2 worst tackles he ever saw in his 80 odd years.

I would say your Grandpa was not wrong.They were shockers which brought a hush over the crowd after the initial reaction of anger and outrage. You just knew immediately that those players had had their leg broken.

Rangers 3-2 Celtic, 10th September 1977. The comeback is complete! 0-2 down at half-time Gordon Smith has just scored the winner to send the Bears behind the goal mental, and after a stuttering start 1977/78 would turn into one of our very best seasons:

oaqdqs.jpg
Was at the game tha'ts the first pic i remember seeing of it . Game wasn't on tv for advertising rules with the tv companies at the time and have never seen or heard of any footage available .Does anyone know if any video footage is out there ?. Thanks for posting the photo mate .Cheers

Was at the game tha'ts the first pic i remember seeing of it . Game wasn't on tv for advertising rules with the tv companies at the time and have never seen or heard of any footage available .Does anyone know if any video footage is out there ?. Thanks for posting the photo mate .Cheers

I wish someone had film of it as well mate but sadly it looks like it just doesn't exist. What a game though!

Back