Latest bid for Edmundson turned down

Bonnyloyal

RANGERS’ latest bid for George Edmundson has been thrown out by Oldham.
By SCOTT BURNS
PUBLISHED: 22:03, Wed, May 29, 2019 | UPDATED: 22:13, Wed, May 29, 2019

The Light Blues tabled a second offer of around £500,000 plus add-ons at the start of the week, but it has been turned down by the League Two outfit.

Championship duo Wigan and Hull City have also been given short shrift over the past 24 hours.

Edmundson’s preference is to move north and he has already knocked back a new contract from his club and put in a transfer request.

Rangers have made it clear they won’t be held to ransom, though, and unless there is a compromise they could walk away from the deal for now

If Edmundson doesn’t move elsewhere, Rangers could sign him on a pre-contract in January.

That would be as he goes into the last six months of his deal, although Oldham would still be entitled to training compensation.

Meanwhile, Rangers striker Kyle Lafferty has distanced himself from reports linking him with a move to Apollon Limassol.

The Northern Irishman will have talks over his future on his return from holiday after falling out of the first-team picture

Take it to 800,000. They start demanding more and we walk.

Seems like the right price and the right age for the CB we should be bringing in, so let’s not mess around and get it done.
You seem to go back and forth on what you say. Would you say the same If he played for kilmarnock?.

We going up 25k each time?

Reported they wanted 450k at first, this bid is our 3rd and its 500k.

Aye move on. Boy is plying his trade in bottom half of 4th tier of English football. He might well be a good player. But he might also not be able to make step up, so I wouldn't want us to be spending a significant sum!

I'd walk away. This guy isn't even particularly highly rated by their own fans. Had a look on their forums and he had 2% of the vote for their POTY meanwhile the other centre half was sitting at about 50%.

They can go and do one.

In what way am I going back and forward, I’ve not commented on this player before now
Taylor isnt good enough because he plays for kilmarnock yet a guy from Oldham is worth 800k, you also state he is the type of player we should be signing and I can almost gautuntee you havent seen a minute of him playing football

Taylor isnt good enough because he plays for kilmarnock yet a guy from Oldham is worth 800k?.

I never said Taylor wasn’t good enough because of who he plays for.

And CBs are more expensive, that’s just the way it is. I don’t think it’s a position we should be taking a risk on. By all accounts there are a good few clubs interested in this guy - from the championship - so I don’t think it’s unreasonable to get behind this guy but not Taylor.

No point in this being turned into a saga. Walk away now and sign him up in January if he's still interested.

Also, don't Oldham have links to Sports Direct?

I'd walk away. This guy isn't even particularly highly rated by their own fans. Had a look on their forums and he had 2% of the vote for their POTY meanwhile the other centre half was sitting at about 50%.

They can go and do one.

He was in the division team of the season mate.

Oldham rate him around 1m, we have just bid 500k.

Eventually we’ll be meeting in the middle so 800k seems fair enough.

That’s not how I look at it at all mate. We have a valuation we think he’s worth. We may choose to go in low with an initial bid just to test the water but if, after three bids, we are still only at half the figure they want then I’d not be going much further with it. Move on to whoever is next on the list if they want double what we think he’s worth. Good luck to them in getting that £1m figure because all the signs suggest none of the interested clubs will go near it.

They can go and do one.
That’s interesting. Had no idea. I don’t pay attention to Oldham obviously.

He was in the division team of the season mate.

Screenshot-2019-05-29-10-34-33.png

Just going by their own fans opinion mate. Why should we be held to ransom for this guy when they clearly rate their other centre half much higher?

One more bid and say take it off or leave it

Also if we sign him in Jan on a free for next summer would this not be a cross border deal and no fee involved?

For those saying just sign him in January, he’s handed in a transfer request, no going back for him now.

Just going by their own fans opinion mate. Why should we be held to ransom for this guy when they clearly rate their other centre half much higher?

The other CH is 37 - 16 years his senior. It’s only natural he’s had the better season in the fans eyes. If not there’d be something far wrong if the 21 year old is outplaying the 37 year old.

Edmundson is a strange one. Don’t know anything about him, but the level he’s playing at isn’t any lower than what Katic was.

In saying that, he’s the same age as Worrall and clearly isn’t rated anywhere nearly as high. And nobody fancied keeping Joe.

His name sounds quite “ Rangers esque” , I’d go to £750k , take it or leave it .

If he scores for us will the commentator go “ Edmundsun Driiiive” :D

We've got to trust Gerrard and Allen's view of him over the fans mate.

Take it to 800,000. They start demanding more and we walk.

Seems like the right price and the right age for the CB we should be bringing in, so let’s not mess around and get it done.
Are you Martin Bain?
He plays for Oldham in the 2nd division ffs.

Are you Martin Bain?
He plays for Oldham in the 2nd division ffs.

Yes and we know what the markets like down there.

We start living in the real world and realize these are the prices we have to pay for players there. If we don’t like it we go elsewhere.

Taylor isnt good enough because he plays for kilmarnock yet a guy from Oldham is worth 800k, you also state he is the type of player we should be signing and I can almost gautuntee you havent seen a minute of him playing football
He’s all wind and piss mate, ignore.

Back