Latest bid for Edmundson turned down

Not sure a sample of 102 fans is a sound basis to be judging anything on.

If we're signing a player from this level I'd expect him to be a stand out in the same way Docherty and Rossiter have been on their loan spells. You'd expect their fans to be gutted about losing him.

Certainly doesn't sound that way to me. Most of the comments are along the lines of "hopefully we can squeeze a bit more out of Rangers before we deal".

Yes and we know what the markets like down there.

We start living in the real world and realize these are the prices we have to pay for players there. If we don’t like it we go elsewhere.
The most over rated market in the world, the only thing I would grudgingly agree with is we shouldn’t go near the English leagues, too pumped up by their self importance when really most of their best teams are riddled with foreigners.

If we're signing a player from this level I'd expect him to be a stand out in the same way Docherty and Rossiter have been on their loan spells. You'd expect their fans to be gutted about losing him.

Certainly doesn't sound that way to me. Most of the comments are along the lines of "hopefully we can squeeze a bit more out of Rangers before we deal".

All the other managers in the division had him in their team of the year.

I know nothing about him, but if he's rated by opposition managers, as well as Gerrard and Allen, then you've got to trust their judgement mate.

For those saying just sign him in January, he’s handed in a transfer request, no going back for him now.
Transfer request is exactly that though. Oldham don't need to sell him if they don't want to. He won't be happy about that naturally but there's %^*& all he can do.

On topic: bid 550k, maybe 600k at a push. If they say no, walk away and get him for free. They originally valued him at 500k and only increases it to 1m because a few clubs were interested and they wanted a bidding war. They can get fucked.

I’d imagine all that’s left to do is agree a few and it will be concluded. We know he has already been up at the HTC.

By putting in the transfer request he isn't entitled to a pay off, so hopefully this will speed up the process.

I’d just leave it and see if any other clubs come in for him ... if they pay the £1m then good luck to them .... if they don’t then go back in later in the window and offer the £500,000 again !!!

Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.

Multiple times posters have stated they hope there are multiple bids for Morelos so that we can drive the bids up, yet when another club does it, we get the reaction f*ck them or they can get to f*ck etc etc.

Are Oldham just suppose to accept our first offer because it’s us or should they try and get as much money as possible?

We have been told he is desperate to join and he’s obviously a player our manager likes.

Patience bears.

Spot on mate.

He's a prospect that looks like he might be able to step up. The last time we took a punt on a very similar level of player was when we signed Windass and Matt Crooks. I don't think he'll be near the level we require but I'll eat humble pie if he is. Certainly wouldn't want to go over £500k.

The most over rated market in the world, the only thing I would grudgingly agree with is we shouldn’t go near the English leagues, too pumped up by their self importance when really most of their best teams are riddled with foreigners.
I seen the game in Baku the guy was saying of the 22 players at KO only one was English.

Martin Bain would have already had this boy in at £2.1m.

Glad we're finally doing sensible business in regards to transfers and low balling wherever we can.

We'll have a valuation and won't go above it. If this boy doesn't join then it's safe to assume he's been sold for something we think he's not worth.

Patience bears.
Sensible. It won’t catch on.

Before breaking into Oldham team was playing for Fylde in the national league not too long ago , quite a step up from there if he does sign for us , but would wish him all the best.

In situations like this Rangers should enter negotiations with this simple guiding principle:—how much is the player really worth to us. This would be the sum - 'our best and final' - beyond which the Rangers will not go.

Obviously, the negotiating process will kick-off with a low-ball offer, which is then incrementally increased hoping at some point the other club will bite. If not, and they continue to hold out for more than our 'best and final', then simply wish them and the player all the best - and walk away.

I'd walk away. This guy isn't even particularly highly rated by their own fans. Had a look on their forums and he had 2% of the vote for their POTY meanwhile the other centre half was sitting at about 50%.

They can go and do one.

Fans knowfuckall when push comes to shove mate. If Gerrard and co like this guy he must have something going on eh ?

I'd walk away. This guy isn't even particularly highly rated by their own fans. Had a look on their forums and he had 2% of the vote for their POTY meanwhile the other centre half was sitting at about 50%.

They can go and do one.

Howling at this. Who cares about stats and scouting, let's just check a fan forums POTY nominations when we're looking at who to buy.:D

Before breaking into Oldham team was playing for Fylde in the national league not too long ago , quite a step up from there if he does sign for us , but would wish him all the best.

Hastie was playing at airdrie before Motherwell 1st team and now us. Got to start somewhere.

Patience bears.
"How dare a club reject Rangers!!"

Some posts are laughable

Walk away, he’s only ever going to be a back up in the hope that he might develop into something better.

Unless you watch him regularly how do you know that?

We know nothing about him, other than he's big, strong, quick and very highly rated by our management team and other managers in his division.

He could easily sign, make a big impression in pre season and become a first pick.

He could also be back up, but we won't know until he joins us.

Patience bears.

We have now, apparently, submitted three bids. We have just reached half the figure they are looking for and the only shift Oldham have made is to, seemingly, double their valuation. It’s fairly obvious that the gap in valuations is significant when we are only at 50% of their valuation. One side has got their valuation badly wrong. It makes no sense to me to now double our third bid in order to secure a player who will be battling it out to be third or fourth choice centre-back for us. Edmundson won’t be the only player on our ‘list’.

it's because they are resigned to losing him. they know he's away, just want the best deal.

I read their fans forums too and it seems they have a history of selling their best player every year.

They also seemed complimentary of him and most want him to come to us.

I don't know why folk on here bother giving their view or suggestion on what amount we should bid & some sort of tactic e.g £750k or we walk away.

Negotiations will have various factors alongside just price such as structure of up front vs supplementary future payments. From the outside with little knowledge of how football negotiations work, it is utterly pointless suggesting an idea.

Thats before you even consider that the story in the media is probably not completely accurate

Patience bears.
The difference is, we value Morelos at around 20 million. If we get offered that, Morelos is bring driven to wherever he's moving to personally by Stevie g

Oldham valued this guy at 500k, once they realised there could be a bidding war they doubled it. This was after the guy came to Ibrox for a tour too

That's like us saying nah we value Morelos at 40 million now, teams would be well within their rights to tell us to get fucked and I wouldn't blame them for it. Not because of the price, because imo 40m is a good price for him in general football prices now ( just not in Scotland unfortunately), but because we're clearly just being cunts about the situation

The difference is, we value Morelos at around 20 million. If we get offered that, Morelos is bring driven to wherever he's moving to personally by Stevie g

Oldham valued this guy at 500k, once they realised there could be a bidding war they doubled it. This was after the guy came to Ibrox for a tour too

That's like us saying nah we value Morelos at 40 million now, teams would be well within their rights to tell us to get fucked and I wouldn't blame them for it. Not because of the price, because imo 40m is a good price for him in general football prices now ( just not in Scotland unfortunately), but because we're clearly just being cunts about the situation

He is our player, if we thought we could get £40m we would be entitled to hold out for it. Where did Oldham state their valuation?

He is our player, if we thought we could get £40m we would be entitled to hold out for it. Where did Oldham state their valuation?

Just seen it on here mate but here's articles from literally two weeks ago saying offers of 450-500k would do it. Now it's a million for no reason other than to be a lady's front bottom and take advantage of bigger clubs. Which they're well within their rights to do but that doesn't mean clubs should just match it either, were well within our rights to walk away if we don't like the way the negotiations are going and judging by our second and third bids, we don't.

https://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/.../127831/latics-set-asking-price-for-edmundson

If the player is anything near the required standard you'd think we would be in a position to recoup the asking price longer term.

That said, we shouldn't be held to ransom by small clubs and I reckon the player may force this through.

The days of us going %^*& it and paying an extra £500k are over. We have a valuation, so do they. They have changed it by nearly double!

Play the waiting game with them, he wants to come to us, he has handed in a Transfer Request... As long as he is in for the start of Pre-Season then I wouldn't be throwing dosh around.

Never seen him play but I will take a stab and say he's better than both McKenna and Souttar up here who are over rated junk.

Gerrard hasn't done too badly in the CB area thus far and he knows a CB given the quality he played with.

Oldham have every right to demand what they think he's worth. We'll be doing the same with Morelos.
Good point although I can't see us getting more than 16 million for Morelos given his disciplinery record. Would prefer him to stay for another season and improve his stock.

Back