Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

Given we're seeded in round 1 does this mean we'll be home or away first or is this decided at the draw?
In an ideal situation team out first plays first at home. It all depends on

1) the opponent having use of the stadium for away leg.
2) being the only club in that area playing - Skopje has three teams which is why we needed to play Tuesday.
3) there’s a chance we’ll need to liaise with Killmarnock as UEFA have a 31 mile radius rule teams can’t play within that radius on the same day. I think we could maybe get away with this depending on who we both draw.

Al I realise you are the FF font of all knowledge on things European but are you sure of this? My understanding is that the teams most recent year points is the tie breaker.

Just thought it would be simply down to country ranking

But you are appears you are right

Preliminary Round clears that up

FC Prishtina of Kosovo and Sant Julia of Andorra both have 1,250

Kosovo 55th Andorra 53th,

FC Prishtina are seeded by picking 1.00 against Sant Julia's 0.50 last season

What I would like to know is,are we in Canada
going to get any live games next season ?
Not one game in Champions league, or Europa league have been shown this year,none.Blacked out! today,and by all accounts,again on Saturday,
I have every available sports channel,yet nothing.Pissed right off.:mad:

Not one game in Champions league, or Europa league have been shown this year,none.Blacked out! today,and by all accounts,again on Saturday,

Correction - you have every available Legal sports channel , there is a big difference ;)

Only on Dazn sadly, or RangersTV and the odd game on SNWL

Country rankling

Scotland 26th
Bosnia 40th
I posted this on another thread but will add it here too.

D.8 Equal coefficients
If two or more clubs or associations are ranked equally, the following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine their final rankings:
● their coefficients in the most recent of the seasons on which the rankings are based;
● their coefficients in the next most recent season in which they are not equal;
● drawing of lots.”

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile.../Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

I posted this on another thread but will add it here too.

D.8 Equal coefficients
If two or more clubs or associations are ranked equally, the following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine their final rankings:
● their coefficients in the most recent of the seasons on which the rankings are based;
● their coefficients in the next most recent season in which they are not equal;
● drawing of lots.”

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile.../Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Cheers TR

OP Updated - Added OFK Titograd who qualified due to Montenegro Cup Winner already qualifying.

and

KF Laci - Same situation in Albania

It's all on an app called DAZN have to subscribe to it 20 bucks per month.

They also have the premier league rights next season so even less games shown so you might want to look into it. Also as another poster said every Rangers game is live on Rangers TV and all Rangers games that are broadcasted live in the UK and shown on Sportsnet world which is also a subscription for 20 bucks per month

Can anyone see why Bert Kassies has Lori Vanzador as qualified and not Pyunik in Armenia?

Whoever is maintaining the Wikipedia for Europa League has it the opposite way with Pyunik in and no sign of Lori Vanzador.

Can anyone see why Bert Kassies has Lori Vanzador as qualified and not Pyunik in Armenia?

Whoever is maintaining the Wikipedia for Europa League has it the opposite way with Pyunik in and no sign of Lori Vanzador.
I think he’s just got it wrong on this one. Other sites I’ve looked at have it as you say.

I think he’s just got it wrong on this one. Other sites I’ve looked at have it as you say.

Ararat-Armenia were the Champions but were only formed 2 years ago

Bert does state this
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2019.html

So based on not having 3 years existence and therefore what is at least needed for a license you can still apply for to play in Europe IRC if below 3 years I think

So it means the runners up Pyunik to the CL if that is the case of them Ararat-Armenia not having a European licence

5th place Lori Vanzador then get the remaining EL place

Ararat-Armenia were the Champions but were only formed 2 years ago

Bert does state this
https://kassiesa.home.xs4all.nl/bert/uefa/qual2019.html

So based on not having 3 years existence and therefore what is at least needed for a license you can still apply for to play in Europe IRC if below 3 years I think

So it means the runners up Pyunik to the CL if that is the case of them Ararat-Armenia not having a European licence

5th place Lori Vanzador then get the remaining EL place
I actually read this then checked the league table and seen Ararat in the league who were relegated and assumed it was out of date info. My eyes must've glossed over the fact there's two teams Ararat and Ararat-Armenia.

Interesting and thanks for solving the mystery.

It's all on an app called DAZN have to subscribe to it 20 bucks per month.

They also have the premier league rights next season so even less games shown so you might want to look into it. Also as another poster said every Rangers game is live on Rangers TV and all Rangers games that are broadcasted live in the UK and shown on Sportsnet world which is also a subscription for 20 bucks per month

I'm afraid not. The group stage EL games (assuming we make it that far) will NOT be shown live on RTV.

Looks as if the 1st round draw has been brought forward a day, Tuesday 18th June with the 2nd round draw staying the Wednesday as scheduled.

This is from Aberdeen's official website:

We have been advised by UEFA that the draws for Qualifying Rounds 1 and 2 will now take place over two days, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th June.

Details are as follows:

Tuesday 18th June 2019
1530 CET (1430 GMT): UEL 1st Qualifying Round Main Path

* Please note communication of Europa League calendar will be made on the same day at 1800 CET (1700 GMT), i.e. any scheduling changes or fixture reversals due to ‘same city’ clashes.

Wednesday 19th June 2019
1400 CET (1300 GMT): UEL 2nd Qualifying Round Main Path

* Communication of Europa League calendar will be made on Thursday 20th June at 1800 CET (1700 GMT), i.e. any scheduling changes or fixture reversals due to ‘same city’ clashes.

Draw information of the UEFA Europa League and live streams on the day of Qualifying Rounds 1 and 2 can be found on www.uefa.com.

Looks as if the 1st round draw has been brought forward a day, Tuesday 18th June with the 2nd round draw staying the Wednesday as scheduled.

This is from Aberdeen's official website:

We have been advised by UEFA that the draws for Qualifying Rounds 1 and 2 will now take place over two days, Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th June.

Details are as follows:

Tuesday 18th June 2019
1530 CET (1430 GMT): UEL 1st Qualifying Round Main Path

* Please note communication of Europa League calendar will be made on the same day at 1800 CET (1700 GMT), i.e. any scheduling changes or fixture reversals due to ‘same city’ clashes.

Wednesday 19th June 2019
1400 CET (1300 GMT): UEL 2nd Qualifying Round Main Path

* Communication of Europa League calendar will be made on Thursday 20th June at 1800 CET (1700 GMT), i.e. any scheduling changes or fixture reversals due to ‘same city’ clashes.

Draw information of the UEFA Europa League and live streams on the day of Qualifying Rounds 1 and 2 can be found on www.uefa.com.

And, from the Hootsmon...

A change has been made to how Scotland's Europa League entrants will find out their opponents for the first two rounds of the competition.

Rangers, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock will find out their opponents for the first round and any prospective tie for the second over two days instead of one as has been the case.

The draw for both rounds was due to take place on Wednesday, 19 June.

Now, however, the teams will find out their first opponents on Tuesday, 18 June with the second the following day.

The three club will be seeded for the first round, while Rangers and Aberdeen will both be seeded if they make it through that tie.

JOEL SKED

Published: 12:33
Wednesday 12 June 2019

It was always done over two days however the main path was done on day 2.

Realistically they could’ve done it today as the preliminary ties won’t have been played either.

That's a bit shit. I'm probably looking at doing one of the opening 2 rounds and ideally would be able to decide day of the draw.

Obviously I'm confident we'll navigate the first qualifier.

This has probably already been discussed at some point but how are the home / away legs decided? Is it just luck of the draw or are there other factors/considerations?

That's a bit shit. I'm probably looking at doing one of the opening 2 rounds and ideally would be able to decide day of the draw.

Obviously I'm confident we'll navigate the first qualifier.

The 1st round draw being a day before really doesn't change anything from that perspective. The 2nd round draw will come out like:

Rangers / foreign mob v foreign mob / foreign mob.

Last year it was:
Rangers / Shkupi v Osijek / Petroclub

You won't know who we are potentially facing in the 2nd round at the very least until the other game has played the 1st leg. We could of course draw a team who are straight into the 2nd round which changes that but I'd imagine the chances of that are slim.

This has probably already been discussed at some point but how are the home / away legs decided? Is it just luck of the draw or are there other factors/considerations?

Luck of the draw.

What's the point of having the 2nd Round draw a day later? Seems a waste of time to me.

The 1st round draw being a day before really doesn't change anything from that perspective. The 2nd round draw will come out like:

Rangers / foreign mob v foreign mob / foreign mob.

You won't know who we are potentially facing in the 2nd round at the very least until the other game has played the 1st leg. We could of course draw a team who are straight into the 2nd round which changes that but I'd imagine the chances of that are slim.

Luck of the draw.

Cheers mate.

Did we not know the winner of the Shkupi tie would play Osijek last season? We certainly knew by the time of the 2nd leg because I remember guys on the bus saying they were going.

Cheers mate.

Did we not know the winner of the Shkupi tie would play Osijek last season? We certainly knew by the time of the 2nd leg because I remember guys on the bus saying they were going.

Osijek were favourites to win the tie but iirc they only just beat Petroclub over two legs. I've added that into my last post.

I had already partially booked flights to Osijek and was sweating a bit when watching their game....:))

What's the point of having the 2nd Round draw a day later? Seems a waste of time to me.

Don't know why they don't do it a week before or after the 1st round 1st leg imo, like what they do with the 3rd and play off rounds.

So in an ideal situation it's first team out the hat plays home first leg.

It becomes an issue when you draw a team who have multiple clubs in the same city in the qualifiers (Skopje last year) and the clubs are left to sort it out. Top seed decides if they can't agree.

There's a chance if ourselves and Killie are drawn at home for the same day then one of us will switch as UEFA has as a 50km radius rule.

Splitting the draw over the two days probably just gives time to sort out practicalities , especially where multiple teams from one city

Saves big rush / eases pressure before having to go back into the room that same afternoon to do 2nd round draw

You would think it would mean 1st round draw details of the games can be confirmed by close of business on the Tuesday to give fans certainty about booking flights

Last year the 2nd round draw was delayed multiple times I can’t remember exactly how long about an hour or two. I’d imagine it’s to give more time to plan the groupings.

Oh and probably to boost the Nyon economy as club representatives will no doubt need to book a hotel now.

Cheers mate.

They were played on the same dates as our games. Slightly earlier KO times if I remember correctly. We booked up to go to Osijek before the ties were played, it made for a bit of an uncomfortable time as the games were tighter than expected. I won’t be doing that again in a hurry:D

They were played on the same dates as our games. Slightly earlier KO times if I remember correctly. We booked up to go to Osijek before the ties were played, it made for a bit of an uncomfortable time as the games were tighter than expected. I won’t be doing that again in a hurry:D
The first leg was played the same night we beat Shkupi at home. They drew 1-1 in Moldova, as we played the away game on the Tuesday we were already through and waiting until the Thursday to find out if it was Osijek or Petrocub. Game was 2-1 Osijek with Borna Barisic scoring the winner.

Aye that's right. I remember Bears on the bus from to Shkupi saying they'd chanced it and booked to Budapest in the hope Osijek made it through :)

The first leg was played the same night we beat Shkupi at home. They drew 1-1 in Moldova, as we played the away game on the Tuesday we were already through and waiting until the Thursday to find out if it was Osijek or Petrocub. Game was 2-1 Osijek with Borna Barisic scoring the winner.

Yes, that’s right. Apologies.

Back