Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

An 18 year old boy rocks up at molestic park and says he'd like to start a boys club affiliated to the club, how did he get the go ahead for this? Who gave him the ok and did they have any previous connection? Was the club started as a means to prey on the poor boys? The whole set up of CBC should be coming under intense scrutiny

I agree. These are fundamental questions that should be part of an independent inquiry. Based on witness statements the abuse started right in the very early days of the CBC.

I've got @Harthill Bill on ignore and can tell by the responses when it's one of his posts. Likes to get personal with those that disagree with him and belittle his 'fellow Bears'.

Anyway. Back OT.

Posted this on the Timmy Thomson thread. Probably better in here. Not sure if it's in this huge thread already. Apologies if so.

Here is the 'complicit celtc cover up crew'. You would imagine celtc interviewed them all (still living of course) as part of their investigation?

so far the definitive list of those that knew are:

Lawell.
Kelly.
Stein.
McCann.
Desmond.
Lennon.
Macari.
Brady
McGinn
DORNAN

? Any more?

Tom Grant (Director at same time as Kelly & McGinn)
Hugh Birt
Billy McNeil

Also the CBC officials who were named in 1991 after Cairney assaulted the boy in New Jersey. The Daily Record named them in an article years ago. It’s been posted on here.

Here is the 'complicit celtc cover up crew'. You would imagine celtc interviewed them all (still living of course) as part of their investigation?

So far the definitive list of those that knew about the existence of this peadophile ring and assisted in a 40 year cover up are:

Lawell.
Kelly.
Stein.
McCann.
Desmond.
Billy McNeil.
Macari.
Brady.
McGinn .
DORNAN
David Hay.
Tom Grant.
Hugh Burt.
Gerry McSherry.

Any more?

Oh and @ShawsyBear who's to say that it wasn't any of the above that signed NDA's????????

Now there's a thought eh?

Why wouldn’t they use NDAs, as this article frighteningly describes, they have been part of the satanic playbook of the Catholic Church for decades.

“But not much compares to their use by the Catholic Church.

It has employed NDAs as a major tool to cover up its scandalous abuse of power and the serial sexual molestation of thousands of children by priests and bishops around the world over several decades.

Thanks to non-disclosure agreements, the church kept the number of incidents and the cost of settlements secret.

Some experts estimate that the Church has paid out between $400 million and $1 billion over the last 20 years to buy the silence of the abused.

In 1997, for example, the Roman Catholic Diocese of Albany paid $1 million to a citizen who accused a priest of plying him with alcohol and drugs while sexually abusing him for six years.

The settlement bound the abused to secrecy, and it didn’t require the authorization of the diocese’s eight-member board.

The damnable contract of silence insulated the diocese from any accountability and left the abusive priest in his position.

The church has repeated the same immoral behaviour everywhere, but most notoriously in predominately Catholic cities such as Boston and Philadelphia.

In August, a Pennsylvania grand jury report described in harrowing detail how six dioceses in Pennsylvania covered up the abuse of a thousand children by nearly 300 “predator priests.”

The grand jury found that the church had an almost Satanic playbook for concealing the abuse. Documents never mentioned rape but talked about “boundary issues” or “inappropriate contact.” Properly trained and independent personnel never did the investigations. Clerics excused the bad behaviour of fellow clerics.

Last but not least, if a predator’s conduct became known to the community, the grand jury report said, the response was not to “remove him from the priesthood to ensure that no more children will be victimized. Instead, transfer him to a new location where no one will know he is a child abuser.”

Then came the confidentiality agreements.

The grand jury found that various dioceses “had discussions with lawyers regarding the sexual conduct of priests with children and made settlements with victims.”

“These settlements contained confidentiality agreements forbidding victims from speaking about the abuse under threat of some penalty, such as legal action to recover previously paid settlement monies.”

Ryan Philp, a U.S. legal scholar, has argued that the church’s abuse of contracts of silence must end.

“Courts must recognize their duty to scrutinize any agreement that would sacrifice safety in favor of secrecy… the non-disclosure agreements used in the Catholic Church settlements pose obvious dangers to public health and safety by depriving society of vital information.”

https://thetyee.ca/Opinion/2018/10/18/How-Non-Disclosure-Become-Cancer-Democracy/

If NDAs exist then Celtic are finished, no one can spin it any other way for them.

It's a bit like McNeil and the open secret stuff. There is not a shred of evidence out there that proves he said it, but it gathered momentum over the years that people accepted it as fact. It's a popular misconception. An urban myth.

Again, all this talk of NDA's and affadavits make for good pub rumours and internet forums, but, again, not one shred of evidence has been produced to back these claims up.

I'd love you to prove me wrong. Somehow I don't think you ever will.

“It (Torbett’s crimes) was an open secret at Parkhead”

Billy McNeil, Evening Times 13th November 1998

Hope that doesn't disappoint you too much mate. Plenty of blogs on the subject.

https://themanthebheastscanttame.wo...hiles-at-three-clubs-where-he-managed-part-1/

I've got @Harthill Bill on ignore and can tell by the responses when it's one of his posts. Likes to get personal with those that disagree with him and belittle his 'fellow Bears'.

Anyway. Back OT.

Posted this on the Timmy Thomson thread. Probably better in here. Not sure if it's in this huge thread already. Apologies if so.

so far the definitive list of those that knew are:

Lawell.
Kelly.
Stein.
McCann.
Desmond.
Lennon.
Macari.
Brady
McGinn
DORNAN

Mr Hugh Birt the former president of the boys club
Jim Farrell Director
Jim McNally and officials Bill Gilfillan, John Gallacher and Willie Hampson CBC who were on a trip to USA where abuse is alleged to have taken place
Sean McMullen and Bobby Creilly, two other boys' club officials. Met with parents following allegations of alleged abuse on a trip to USA by Mr Frank Crainey
David Hay ex Manager
Tony McGuinness Celtic Boys Clubsaid: "The hotline is a very welcome gesture."

? Any more?

Re Jackson's article - Lawwell hasn't been placed in an impossible situation. He's created this situation himself by, instead of fronting up to the horrific crimes committed under the watch of that club and their subsequent decades of cover up, he's furthered the cover up by refusing to tackle it before the point they've reached now.

Spare me the tears for him.

Puff piece by Jackson , more interest in lauding the mentally challengeds quest for 10 titles than justice for the victims , please please Peter give the victims a pittance and make it all go away , well Jackson it won’t all go back to normality , the arrogance of the actions by Celtic and the distain for the victims involved means , that this is a fight that some will continue to the bitter end .

So far the definitive list of those that knew about the existence of this peadophile ring and assisted in a 40 year cover up are:

Lawell.
Kelly.
Stein.
McCann.
Desmond.
Billy McNeil.
Macari.
Brady.
McGinn .
DORNAN
David Hay.
Tom Grant.
Hugh Burt.
Gerry McSherry.

Any more?

Oh and @ShawsyBear who's to say that it wasn't any of the above that signed NDA's????????

Now there's a thought eh?
You missed Fergus McCann mate

Keith Jackson has surpassed himself with this sympathetic article saying how difficult Lawwell must have found the abuse situation and that these were acts from earlier times.
The only thing Lawwell has found difficult is to admit that Celtic had a paedophile ring operating on its premises and that they allowed a known paedophile back to abuse further boys.

The level of abuse has been known for years and no action has been taken to ensure the well being of the victims which has resulted in death for some poor victims so traumatised by the horrors that they had to endure that life became unbearable.
How many young victims have resorted to alcohol and drugs to cope and have been unable to have a normal family life because of the abuse they suffered.

If Celtic had done what they should have done when the first found out about Torbett and Cairney how many young lives could have been saved from abuse. at Celtic and other clubs.

Puff piece by Jackson , more interest in lauding the mentally challengeds quest for 10 titles than justice for the victims , please please Peter give the victims a pittance and make it all go away , well Jackson it won’t all go back to normality , the arrogance of the actions by Celtic and the distain for the victims involved means , that this is a fight that some will continue to the bitter end .
No blame for Peter Lawell he says really .... He has been there for x amount of years and not once in that time he didn't hear the rumours about CFC/CBC or heard that several ex employees have been convicted in the past. He if we believe you Keith didn't know any of this, was Peter Lawell not at Celtic when they were paying a £1m payment to The Trophy Centre whose Directors included a convicted paedophile and 2 x Celtic Directors.
ps Keith it's not you that's doing the secret investigation is it ?

Tom Grant (Director at same time as Kelly & McGinn)
Hugh Birt
Billy McNeil

Also the CBC officials who were named in 1991 after Cairney assaulted the boy in New Jersey. The Daily Record named them in an article years ago. It’s been posted on here.

Birt died in 2013 but he was the man who originally gave them 14 names that concerned him, and that McSherry still pushes on.

To be fair, he tried to be part of the resolution and wasn’t part of the problem.

Because I believe if they did exist we would have seen them by now.

All this talk of the Daily Record ready to go to print and then pulling the story is for the gullible loyal.

Like I said, I prefer to deal in facts.

Several on this forum have alluded to stuff breaking and you spouted the same, now with everyday more stuff coming out you still spout from your keyboard. Perhaps you just avoid this story so you don't need to be a doubting Thomas every day? You're becoming boring. Several people on this thread know exactly what is out there and who has been spoken to, you seem upset that you aren't in the know.

Keith Jackson has surpassed himself with this sympathetic article saying how difficult Lawwell must have found the abuse situation and that these were acts from earlier times.
The only thing Lawwell has found difficult is to admit that Celtic had a paedophile ring operating on its premises and that they allowed a known paedophile back to abuse further boys.

The level of abuse has been known for years and no action has been taken to ensure the well being of the victims which has resulted in death for some poor victims so traumatised by the horrors that they had to endure that life became unbearable.
How many young victims have resorted to alcohol and drugs to cope and have been unable to have a normal family life because of the abuse they suffered.

If Celtic had done what they should have done when the first found out about Torbett and Cairney how many young lives could have been saved from abuse. at Celtic and other clubs.

Exactly! How long has Lawell been in post?? How long has he known?? If he was so concerned for the victims he should have done something about it then. He is as much to blame as previous regimes. Disgrace of a man.

I think we need to stop talk of affidavits and NDAs for now, especially any talk as though they definitely exist.

I'm not saying they don't, but since they were first mentioned in this thread it has grown arms and legs to the point people now expect them to appear and soon and could end up very disappointed. Again I'm not saying they don't exist, in fact it would make sense to me if they do, but given the political and media clout the filth enjoy they may never see the light of day, so unless jf1960, or anyone else for that matter, can produce evidence of their existence then any talk about them is no more than speculation.

Again, no offence or disrespect meant to anyone, I really mean that, but unless you're happy to just take it as speculation maybe it's time to move away from that kind of talk. There's plenty about the subject to talk about that's already a matter of public record.

I think we need to stop talk of affidavits and NDAs for now, especially any talk as though they definitely exist.

I'm not saying they don't, but since they were first mentioned in this thread it has grown arms and legs to the point people now expect them to appear and soon and could end up very disappointed. Again I'm not saying they don't exist, in fact it would make sense to me if they do, but given the political and media clout the filth enjoy they may never see the light of day, so unless jf1960, or anyone else for that matter, can produce evidence of their existence then any talk about them is no more than speculation.

Again, no offence or disrespect meant to anyone, I really mean that, but unless you're happy to just take it as speculation maybe it's time to move away from that kind of talk. There's plenty about the subject to talk about that's already a matter of public record.

I don't agree. If jf1960 says they exist, given what he's shown to be aware of and allowed to post on this thread so far, that's good enough for me.

He's hardly going to publish it on here when a family has it and will be under legal advice regarding it.

It's then on the person reading it to control themselves in a manner that befits that information. If people go OTT, that's nothing to do with the information provided.

People rushing to a conclusion in all of this will just have to wait and let hopeful justice take place.

No blame for Peter Lawell he says really .... He has been there for x amount of years and not once in that time he didn't hear the rumours about CFC/CBC or heard that several ex employees have been convicted in the past. He if we believe you Keith didn't know any of this, was Peter Lawell not at Celtic when they were paying a £1m payment to The Trophy Centre whose Directors included a convicted paedophile and 2 x Celtic Directors.
ps Keith it's not you that's doing the secret investigation is it ?

Funny :D

I don't agree. If jf1960 says they exist, given what he's shown to be aware of and allowed to post on this thread so far, that's good enough for me.

He's hardly going to publish it on here when a family has it and will be under legal advice regarding it.

It's then on the person reading it to control themselves in a manner that befits that information. If people go OTT, that's nothing to do with the information provided.

People rushing to a conclusion in all of this will just have to wait and let hopeful justice take place.

Precisely, I believe both @jf1960 and @Haining84 on this one.

In the case of the document held by the Solicitor I can fully understand them wanting to hang onto it if and until they get to Court. Its the correct thing to do from their perspective. I'm less understanding of why the Daily Record would want to hold back the document they have.

It a message board not a court of law we're on, if a posters says there is NDA's or Affidavits that can nail the filth, i for one want to believe it. If it turns out there weren't any, so what, doesn't change the narrative that the filth had a Paedophile Ring and the covered it up. I say talk away about them and hammer the Paedo facilitators and enablers Celtic FC.

Last edited:
I'm sure that if it was untrue the Bheasts would've been on it and the blog shut down years ago.

There have been a couple of discussions recently about this quote and citation. I believe it to be falsely attributed to Billy McNeill and no-one as yet has come up with evidence it was ever printed in the Evening Times.

An identical quote - it was an open secret - came from a relative of one of the CBC victims and was printed in the Daily Record in 1996. The Record at that time was delving into the CBC scandal (as was Scotland on Sunday).

There have been a couple of discussions recently about this quote and citation. I believe it to be falsely attributed to Billy McNeill and no-one as yet has come up with evidence it was ever printed in the Evening Times.

An identical quote - it was an open secret - came from a relative of one of the CBC victims and was printed in the Daily Record in 1996. The Record at that time was delving into the CBC scandal (as was Scotland on Sunday).

Cheers bud. Missed those discussions. Thanks for clearing things up.

What would happen to said person if they breached the NDA and spilled the beans?

In this situation, covering up a crime, very little I'd imagine.

The woman who worked in CFC for many years and was sexually harassed for what seems like most of them (Donna Quinn?), signed a NDA. The story appeared in the Daily Record, probably from her and I've heard nothing of her being sued, etc for it.

Back