Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone mentioned the blue track being dug up and also large hole dug in front of dug out areas. Could we sink dug outs into ground and giv the seats behind a better view?

Someone mentioned the blue track being dug up and also large hole dug in front of dug out areas. Could we sink dug outs into ground and giv the seats behind a better view?
That’s for the new undersoil heating pipes they are getting laid under the track ready for the hybrid pitch getting installed next season and that’s when the new pipes get laid under the pitch.

How I miss that first game of the season when you clap your eyes on a full grass covered pitch, always gave you goosebumps.
Ahh the memories.

Can people stop claiming it's a hybrid pitch,It's a grass pitch.

Was told last week the track was being dug up and replaced with asphalt rather than the astroturf,will be majory disapointed if that is the case as the track round the pitch would look much better with the blue astroturf.

Can people stop claiming it's a hybrid pitch,It's a grass pitch.

Was told last week the track was being dug up and replaced with asphalt rather than the astroturf,will be majory disapointed if that is the case as the track round the pitch would look much better with the blue astroturf.

Asphalt?

Surely no:(

Couple of pics

24o1z75.jpg

bdp3zn.jpg

2w561if.jpg

Couple of pics

24o1z75.jpg

bdp3zn.jpg

2w561if.jpg

Is that still being dug out mate ? What are we getting as a track I was hoping for similar to filbert street

Certainly hope it’s not asphalt , I know it’s a bit softer than concrete or tarmac but I can’t see it looking near what we want it to look like as you say

Last edited:
Looks great.......well, not great at the minute, but great to see work being done.
As an armchair overseas bear, I always notice the camera shots we see of our manager looking not so good as the trackside looks a bit grubby. Delighted to see this being replaced and upgraded. Hopefully the advertising boards behind the electronic advertising boards can be removed and just be painted / wrapped the same color of blue as the track and seats, enhancing the “blue-ness” of our stadium.

I know this is very minor but I'd love for us to get new seats, badly need them.

I really see that as one of the last things to be done . I also think it would be nice when it is done to incorporate some red , black and white seats as well to brighten it up a bit .

You can get blue Asphalt.

It’s a very dull blue called “ midblue” you can get and , whilst not terrible, isn’t exactly what we’d hope for in terms of finish and effect . Almost like a Dundee blue but weaker .

Posted something similar on another thread, about being desperate for the real fitba to start again as you find yourself desperate for any kind of rangers related news, but is there any updates on the stadium refurb? The pictures by the RFC Youth Development / Pools guy on his Twitter / RFC website felt like a few weeks ago now? Have any of the sides been completely finished?

Not sure if its mentioned but anything will happen with the wee panels of glass for the main stand going up the stairs? Wonder if it'd look better replaced or modernised somehow with different glass.

The glass suits the grade b listed building that is the main stand. Agreed it's not modern looking but I think they tried to make it suite to the rest of the main stand and done a good job of it imo

Agree re catering comments, I’m not sure how much control we really have over it though?

the Broxi bear image and Family Stand sign was binned earlier this year

Is the majority of the aforementioned work to be completed before the new season starts?

I would also like the broxi image and Family Stand sign on the side of the Broomloan binned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back