Joe Aribo

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BlueNose_

From The Sun

Rangers have also held initial talks with Joe Aribo.
The Charlton midfielder is another free agent and is also wanted by Celtic.
But it seems Gers have stolen a march on their city rivals by opening discussions with him.
However Aribo, 22, is weighing up a number of attractive options in both England and Germany.

Marcus Gayle urges Joe Aribo to clinch Rangers deal and learn from Steven Gerrard at Ibrox

Exclusive by Christopher Jack @Chris_Jack89Group Senior Sports Writer
EXCLUSIVE
Joe Aribo

0 comment

MARCUS GAYLE, the former Rangers striker, has urged Charlton midfielder Joe Aribo to take his game to the next level by moving to Ibrox to work alongside boss Steven Gerrard.

Aribo has been attracting interest from a number of clubs south of the border in recent weeks and Rangers are looking to beat Celtic to the signature of the sought-after Englishman.
The Light Blues have already completed deals for Jordan Jones and Jake Hastie, who will move from Kilmarnock and Motherwell respectively, ahead of the new campaign.

Steven Davis has agreed a one-year deal after returning to Ibrox in January, while a move for Greg Stewart will be confirmed once his Birmingham City contract expires this month.
Gerrard is also keen to complete moves for Oldham defender George Edmundson and Liverpool winger Sheyi Ojo as he looks to bolster his squad for another shot at the Premiership title next season.

A deal for Aribo is progressing ahead of Rangers’ return to training in a fortnight but Aston Villa, Southampton and Eintracht Frankfurt have all been credited with an interest in the 22-year-old after an eye-catching campaign that saw him score ten goals to help Lee Bowyer’s side clinch a return to the Championship.

Former Staines Town boss Gayle helped Aribo get his move to The Valley four years ago and is now keen to see him head to Ibrox.

He said: “It is a big decision for him and I have been in communication with him. He was asking about my time at Rangers and what it was like. I didn’t play too many games there but I loved every minute of it.

“I loved the lifestyle, I loved the goldfish bowl in a city with fans that are committed and passionate and they support you 100 per cent. I said it would be a great place to go and develop at 22-years-old.

“He has got that opportunity and if he does decide to go up there, he will learn and push on more. The pull of Steven Gerrard would be massive as well and who better for him to learn from as a midfielder?

“He was one of the best players of the modern generation so that would be a real draw for him.
“There was no indication of how the talks went, but I could sense it was very positive and he liked what he saw and what he heard. I take that as a good sign.

“He was asking me about my experience off the field and I said I loved it. I didn’t want to come back down south to be perfectly honest, but I didn’t have any choice and I had to come back down south.
“I wouldn’t dissuade him from moving to Rangers at all. I think it would be an excellent place to ply his trade and learn. He is only 22, when I went up there I was 30.

“He has got a lot of years ahead of him and if Rangers do sign him they have got a very good player. He is left-footed, very skilful, can score goals and assist goals and he will take the game by the scruff of the neck. Both parties would be very happy with what they have got if a deal is done.”

Don’t know anything about him, anyone know what kind of player he is?

Aribo, Stewart and Arfield would be us more than sorted for attacking midfield.

Agent Gayle. :cool:

Could of done us a turn there, Aribo obviously contacted him for some information on life in Glasgow as a Rangers player and he has put more than a good word in.

“There was no indication of how the talks went, but I could sense it was very positive and he liked what he saw and what he heard. I take that as a good sign.”

Only time i've seen him was the play off final v Sunderland and from what i seen he is a good player.

Got a pompey supporting mate who i telt that we were looking at him and he gasped out loud. Very good quality player by the sounds of it. Just surprised we're still looking at hunners of midfielders

Think it’s more an attacking midfielder mate.

Allen stayed that weeks ago.

Very good player, to be honest i'll be amazed if he comes to us as there'll be interest down south.

Watching that clip I thought he looked predominantly like a ball winner.

But his 9 goals tell a different story.

Hopefully the elusive ‘box to box’ player we’ve not had for a while.
He looked very much box to box. Type of player that not only wins the ball but can take it 30 yards up the pitch with power and pace something we have been missing for years

Its not surprising if they are genuine quality, we have a lot of centre mids who are much of a muchness outside the starting 11

This is an important issue Recoba. From limited viewing of him, I accept, he seems to have a creativity to him & something different from our other midfielders.

Personally I’ve been hoping for a midfielder that is strong & pacy & runs beyond the striker, but for free this guy gives us added creativity around the opposition box.

If he got 10 goals for Charlton, he could get 15 plus for us if he develops & stays fit next season.

He looked very much box to box. Type of player that not only wins the ball but can take it 30 yards up the pitch with power and pace something we have been missing for years
I get that he looks good in the tackle, but his attacking play looks great and his stats show that. Most of the footage I saw of him too when he does win the ball its always pretty high up the pitch. I can't see him playing anywhere other than as an attacking mid.

I’m 36 and I have no memory of Marcus Gayle playing for us. Don’t even remember him singing. No idea what happened to me that year.
Remember he played in a dreadful game losing to Dundee United at Ibrox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back