Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s only ooone joe aribo
He said nooo to the provo
He said no thanks
Your a bunch of wanks
Walking in an aribo wonderland

MiniatureFlimsyLarva-size_restricted.gif

And we already have a song for him. Getting him & Ojo from Anfield will add a bit of cut & thrust.
And to a lesser extent we have Hastie & Stewart & Jones.
Plenty of goals to add to our armoury.
And a lot of youngsters that can be developed like a few did this season.

The excitement levels are starting to build! I feel us bears are going to be needing a lot of bog roll, old socks, wife’s knickers etc etc this summer.

And we already have a song for him. Getting him & Ojo from Anfield will add a bit of cut & thrust.
And to a lesser extent we have Hastie & Stewart & Jones.
Plenty of goals to add to our armoury.
And a lot of youngsters that can be developed like a few did this season.

All good players that have something to bring to the party.

Get the feeling this could be a brilliant signing if we were to pull it off. Until I see him with the shirt on or scarf above his head I’ll refrain from getting too excited by it though. There’s lots of interest in the guy!

Get the feeling this could be a brilliant signing if we were to pull it off. Until I see him with the shirt on or scarf above his head I’ll refrain from getting too excited by it though. There’s lots of interest in the guy!

Getting him & then Ojo on loan would be a great week from an attacking sense ;)

How would you describe him mate ? I’ve only seen his YouTube but he got 10’goals this season ?
All action I’d say. Involved in both ends of the park without specifically being defensive or attacking.

If you want some stats, below gives a slight feel of his style. Its his average per game over the season.

Passing:
36 passes (81.2% successful)
2.13 long passes (34.5% successful)
0.74 through balls (34.5% successful)
5.55 passes to final 3rd (71.3% successful)
2.52 passes to box (64.7% successful)
13.1 forward passes (73.2% successful)
5.88 back passes (90.6% successful)

Attacking:
1.54 shot on target
0.19 xG
1.64 crosses
5 dribbles (75.2% successful)
2.81 touches in box

Defending:
3.24 aerial duels (43.8% won)
7.7 defensive duels (27.9% won)
4 interceptions
10.95 losses
7.04 recoveries

Last edited:
I don’t think they’ll be happy if we get him here. I think he would come to us as he’s guaranteed European Football and would play under one of the best midfielders of all time. I hope they sign Harper, supposedly has a very bad attitude problem.

All action I’d say. Involved in both ends of the park without specifically being defensive or attacking.

If you want some stats, below gives a slight feel of his style.

Passing:
36 passes (81.2% successful)
2.13 long passes (34.5% successful)
0.74 through balls (34.5% successful)
5.55 passes to final 3rd (71.3% successful)
2.52 passes to box (64.7% successful)
13.1 forward passes (73.2% successful)
5.88 back passes (90.6% successful)

Attacking:
1.54 shot on target
0.19 xG
1.64 crosses
5 dribbles (75.2% successful)
2.81 touches in box

Defending:
3.24 aerial duels (43.8% won)
7.7 defensive duels (27.9% won)
4 interceptions
10.95 losses
7.04 recoveries

Thanks a lot. Really a lot of data. The defensive side looks a bit disappointing but I’m sure SG will push on that.

I really hope we get him. Should add goals & give us something different from what we have.

Adding Ojo & him suggests extra attacking options & pace ?

Thanks a lot. Really a lot of data. The defensive side looks a bit disappointing but I’m sure SG will push on that.

I really hope we get him. Should add goals & give us something different from what we have.

Adding Ojo & him suggests extra attacking options & pace ?
I’m opinionated as feck on our signings but can’t accuse me of not doing my homework. :D

Yeah he is certainly more of an attacking threat than our current CMs without being a creative/attacking midfielder.

I’m opinionated as feck on our signings but can’t accuse me of not doing my homework. :D

Yeah he is certainly more of an attacking threat than our current CMs without being a creative/attacking midfielder.

You are but if it’s backed up by facts you’re justified. Always respect your posts.

I’ve been saying since last season our MF was too ‘samey’ so this guy clearly looks like a different skill set / option. I’m in. :D

If this is right enough plus the Olsson deal plus the lads on Bosmans / Davis signing for a year etc, I wonder what positions the much rumoured "big names" are going to be for.

If this is right enough plus the Olsson deal plus the lads on Bosmans / Davis signing for a year etc, I wonder what positions the much rumoured "big names" are going to be for.

I doubt there will be any big names.

As you say, I can’t see much room in the squad for them.

Only heard about him when he was linked with them but now that we have been linked had a bit more of a look and he looks quite decent.

All round midfield who is just as comfortable winning the ball back as he is scoring.

Has that winning mentality after Charlton's exploits last season.

Fills a role that we definitely need (possible taking Jacks position to keep that ball winning and passing but adding more of a goal threat).

Looks like he has been linked with teams like Man City, Arsenal and Spurs as well. Probably wouldn't get a game for them at the moment so would probably prefer to develop a level below. Then a good couple of seasons and there are some buyers ready and waiting.

Learning from Gerrard or Lennon? It seems a no brainer for a young English midfielder.

And let's not forget the influence that Beale could have. Beale has strong relationships with a lot of young English talent at a similar age so I have no doubt that will get around. He could be a great person to work under as well as Gerrard.

As mentioned, this could be more than just getting a player. It would be a statement of intent with them having shown interest publicly first. If he chooses us over them then it would be quite a coup.

I’m only going by very brief glimpses of him last season and the obligatory YouTube film , but this guy looks the real deal , and more importantly his stats back it up .

Note also his goals also come from headers and brave ones - this player to me would be a tremendous asset if we can get him over the line I’ll be pleasantly amazed .

Not too sure. Looked off the pace in the play off final Never involved imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back