Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Who could forget the time Jim Torbett was pressure washing his Mini-Cooper in the garden with William Gilbert who played for Celtic Boys Club.

All seems a bit suspect. Then to run over Mark Daly.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-39774853

Torbett is travelling on an Esta, which is a visa waiver allowing a maximum stay of 90 days. Any convictions, spent or otherwise, are supposed to be declared to the US Embassy when filling out the form.
Sources in the embassy say someone with a child sex offence conviction would be very unlikely to be allowed entry to the US, so it is unclear what, if anything, Torbett has declared.
The United States does not have access to the Police National Computer, however, they can request details of criminal convictions on an individual request basis.
Failure to declare previous convictions on an Esta can be a criminal offence in the US.

Click the link, read the Twitter thread and remind yourselves why nailing this bastard and his club will be so sweet

By Lawwell’s logic here, and his desperate and persistent lobbying to the SFA under the purported remit of calls for ‘transparency for stakeholders’ in the Scottish game he’ll be fully in favour of throwing open the doors of Celtic FC for an independent public inquiry to the Celtic paedophile ring at his club and the subsequent cover up of the said abuse by Celtic FC over past 4 or 5 decades.

So either the airport security were Tims looking to smuggle Torbett into the USA without anyone knowing under William Gilbert's name or?

I don't really know.

So you can't get into the USA with a criminal conviction yet Torbett can? Why was Torbett either on holiday or living with someone who played for the Boys Club? Is he still up to his old tricks and paying Gilbert a fortune?

So either the airport security were Tims looking to smuggle Torbett into the USA without anyone knowing under William Gilbert's name or?

I don't really know.

So you can't get into the USA with a criminal conviction yet Torbett can? Why was Torbett either on holiday or living with someone who played for the Boys Club? Is he still up to his old tricks and paying Gilbert a fortune?

it sounds scarily like the bennell situation TBH

Their point blank refusal to accept what is coming down the road at them, in ever greater numbers is for me, just the way they are, never own up to anything deny everything, attack anyone or anything that is against their thoughts or believes, but now this has gone to far, the law Prof. Tomkins is a very brave man, he will need all the help we can give him, the victims first and four most and always.

They are brought up as bigots and it is not soley on religion.

Everything. Absolutely everything is their way or no way. It's good when they fall flat on their faces tho. No wonder we can't have a true integrated society especially in WOS. The reason we see so much Tim on Tim violence is because a bigot is a bigot and will not tolerate anyone elses opinion. Even if they support the same team.

Did he just sweep someones hair up off the floor at his local hairdresser and glue it to his head?

-https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1111293883034423296

Last edited:
Difficult and awkward question but has there been any discussion over there about any of the victims team mates possibly knowing that Celtic coaches were sexually abusing their friends and not speaking up ?
Not pointing fingers or accusing them but surely many will have vital evidence in the civil cases against Celtic FC and their depraved employees.

How did he get into USA if he had a criminal record
A question I asked myself when he was caught out by Mark Daly (I think).
Back then you had to answer yes or no on your visa waiver form if you had ever been involved in a crime of “moral turpitude”. While this seems to be a US catch all legal term it’s generally accepted that child abuse would be considered such a crime.
Basically he lied on his visa waiver entry form to gain entry or possibly his visa application form if he had one of those.
I doubt the US would do anything about it now anyway but it should be safe to assume if he gets out of prison he won’t be jetting off to the US to disappear.
Would be interesting if the guy he was staying with in the US was still there. Surely he would have known about his past and would have been harbouring an illegal immigrant. The US might be interested if that was the case.

8769630.jpg

"Ya f.uckin wee grass "

" Wisny me Peter, honest "
I am convinced this is why St Brenda went to the EPL. He did not want to be part if this and "knew" what was coming to them.

A question I asked myself when he was caught out by Mark Daly (I think).
Back then you had to answer yes or no on your visa waiver form if you had ever been involved in a crime of “moral turpitude”. While this seems to be a US catch all legal term it’s generally accepted that child abuse would be considered such a crime.
Basically he lied on his visa waiver entry form to gain entry or possibly his visa application form if he had one of those.
I doubt the US would do anything about it now anyway but it should be safe to assume if he gets out of prison he won’t be jetting off to the US to disappear.
Would be interesting if the guy he was staying with in the US was still there. Surely he would have known about his past and would have been harbouring an illegal immigrant. The US might be interested if that was the case.
Moral turpitude is something you can decide on for yourself. If Torbett thinks child sex abuse is ok then he can legitimately answer no to that question.Which by deduction makes him what he is. A beast

Torbett residence is very close to the old St Mungo's Academy Centenery Club, has anyone investigated the links there?

Someone else has probably suggested this before. But has anyone emailed UEFA and fifa to see what their response to the sfa and Celtics silence over this whole matter

Sorry, but this needs clearing up.

jf1960 has confirmed that these letters have just been leaked, but BC says it's "old news"

Which one is it?

I’ve seen them before, but I can’t remember where they were reported... I think they might have been “tactically leaked” a While back to suck up to the Res12 dafties and suggest the Celtic Board were on their side.

I’ve seen them before, but I can’t remember where they were reported... I think they might have been “tactically leaked” a While back to suck up to the Res12 dafties and suggest the Celtic Board were on their side.
Pretty sure that's how I remember it,liewell was under pressure from the scum to do more regarding us and that was his way of showing he was

Page 2, second paragraph of the leaked letter -
"We believe that Scottish football needs closure on these issues, and the governing bodies need to work together to restore trust in the game in Scotland as well as re-establishing faith in the governance of Scottish football. This will require transparency, accountability and leadership from the SFA, and will only be achieved by an independent review of the relevant events."

Lawwell takes hypocrisy to new levels in that one paragraph. But - and I never thought I'd be saying this - I totally agree with him.

Let's see some transparency, accountability, and leadership - not only from the SFA, but also from the SPFL, UEFA, the Scottish media, Police Scotland, the Scottish Parliament and Westminster - in the pursuit of justice on decades of perpetrating and facilitating child rape and sexual assault.

Last edited:

jf1960 has confirmed that these letters have just been leaked, but BC says it's "old news"

Which one is it?

I'm not sure if the full letters were published previously but cel'ic released a statement saying pretty much the same thing. I called them out for the hypocrisy at the time, lost some followers over it but the full letters being leaked just now is even more damaging, since their 'internal investigation', as it shows the hypocrisy of them (lawwell in particular on this occasion).

Which one is it?
Don't really know what your problem is mate as far as I was aware they were leaked if they did appear in The Daily Record or any other paper 2 years ago then i apologize and I was wrong with that I might be getting old and memory might not be too good but I thought it was the 1st time I seen that was last night ..... Hope this clears it up ok for you and I'm sure if somebody has them in a paper from 2 years ago they will appear here later

Don't really know what your problem is mate as far as I was aware they were leaked if they did appear in The Daily Record or any other paper 2 years ago then i apologize and I was wrong with that I might be getting old and memory might not be too good but I thought it was the 1st time I seen that was last night ..... Hope this clears it up ok for you and I'm sure if somebody has them in a paper from 2 years ago they will appear here later

I'm not sure if it was a paper but it was on cel'ic's website, so they released what and when they wanted, it suited their agenda at the time, it was to placate the ravenous Res12 dugs they have in their support. The difference of them being leaked/published in full now is that it is definitely not beneficial to them to have them out there given what has been said recently about 'internal investigations'.

Even if they have been released previously in full, them being in the public domain again highlights how duplicitous and morally bankrupt they are given what we know now.

I'm not sure if it was a paper but it was on cel'ic's website, so they released what and when they wanted, it suited their agenda at the time, it was to placate the ravenous Res12 dugs they have in their support. The difference of them being leaked/published in full now is that it is definitely not beneficial to them to have them out there given what has been said recently about 'internal investigations'.

Even if they have been released previously in full, them being in the public domain again highlights how duplicitous and morally bankrupt they are given what we know now.

Sadly, it would seem that we're the only ones who think that they should be held accountable for their duplicity and moral bankruptcy. I haven't noticed much outrage from our SPFL 'colleagues'. Strange, when you think how legal (at the time) tax avoidance had them foaming at the mouth and demanding that we 'think of the children', our tax avoidance was supposedly depriving.

Last edited:

Which one is it?

Cel'ic released them previously, a short paragraph that linked to the documents. It's immaterial whether it was released previously though.

At the time they released them Scottish football and society was blind to the cognitive dissonance between hounding Rangers to achieve sporting integrity while also turning a blind eye to the decades long cover up of child sexual abuse.

The narrative of the day was the truth should be brought to light so everyone can move on, cel'ic themselves had the cheek to say "Celtic's consistent objective has been to establish the full facts ..... so appropriate lessons can be learned."

The narrative has now changed and people are beginning to hold cel'ic to account regarding their cover up so a reminder of these words is very timely indeed. If cel'ic's consistent objective has been to establish the full facts.... so appropriate lessons can be learned then let them lead the way in terms of calling for a full, independent inquiry into what happened and what has been covered up.

I refer to my tweets at the time about it (below), I thought it was hypocritical then but now, knowing what we know now, I can't believe the brass neck of them - even by their standards.

Back