Glasgow politician to meet with Scottish football bosses over Celtic Boys' Club abuse

I feel the same. I’ve been accused of having this view because it’s Celtic. Only a small minded person would think that. This is criminal what they have done and they have covered it up for half a century. I hope the victims families get justice more than anything else. But that club has to be brought to its knees. And the reason I say that is not only the convicted should be punished. The people who knew also need to be brought before the British justice system. Ex serving members who served in Northern Ireland are being brought in front of the courts. We all know what I’m talking about. Especially ex regiment lads. We done nothing but served our country and the queen. But some bastards can stand outside the piggery promoting the IRA and raise money for their so called combatants and our police are powerless? That hurts not only me but a lot of us who’ve served. Maybe I’m going a bit deep. I apologise for that. But when an English ex para turns round to me and says ffs pal. Look what we done and your country let’s them march the streets then I’ve no answer for him. So I will vote conservative now for that reason Grigo. I’ll probably get hammered for this. Not just us paras. But every serving member that served across the water. Hold your head up high. British justice needs to be served on the poison that is in our society. Call it out as they call it. Fck off out our free society if you don’t like it. Child abuse and promoting IRA.
Ok rant over. I’m going to walk away now ;)

You’re right mate. Our forces being charged when they were in a war situation, yet these PERVERTS are being protected ?

Absolute disgrace mate. I can see why the British forces would be livid :mad:

A GLASGOW politician is to meet with SFA bosses to discuss concerns about Celtic Football Club's handing of historical abuse involving the team's boys club.

Conservative MSP Adam Tomkins said he had also asked for a meeting with Peter Lawwell, the club's Chief Executive but the club had not been forthcoming.

Mr Tomkins voiced criticism after the Herald and Times group revealed that Celtic had been carrying out it's own 2-year investigation, in secret, looking into historical abuse cases involving Celtic Boys Club.
It follows a string of convictions for former employees including Jim Caffrey and Frank Cairney.
The probe – which is ongoing – has been headed by senior officials, legal counsel and third parties in complete secrecy as it looks to trawl through years of allegations to reach the truth.
Because of the sensitivity around the claims including potentially both legal and civil actions, only a handful of people have been privy to the operation.

However, Mr Tomkins has written a second letter to Mr Lawwell, accusing the club of not putting abuse victims "at the forefront" of it's investigations. Other criticisms levelled against the club include a failure as yet to put in place a compensation package for victims.
He writes: "On the same day I wrote to you, I received a letter from the SFA. They have been in touch to arrange a meeting. It's a pity you have not done likewise.
"How a wholly secret investigation at the best of an insurance company, can constitute a process designed to put the rights and interests of victims at the forefront?"

Mr Tomkins added: "My main criticisms are: 1. that what Celtic have said about the relationship between the football club and the boys club (ie that they are “entirely separate organisations”) does not appear to true and 2. that Celtic’s processes have been entirely secret and cannot therefore have been designed to help and support victims, which much surely be the paramount consideration."
Celtic came under renewed criticism when Jim McCafferty became the fourth person connected with Celtic Boys’ Club or the club itself to be jailed over abuse.
He was caged for six years, following Jim Torbett, Frank Cairney and Gerald King through the justice system.

I really do not like the timing of all of this especially as liewell the other week was telling TV reporters that he too disliked some of the football 'chanting' and hoped that the one about child abuse would BE STOPPED !

FOR ME THIS IS TIMED FROM THEIR LOT AND nOW WE HEAR THAT THE VERY SAME FILTH CLUB HAVE BEEN CARRYING OUT SOME TWO YEAR SECRET INVESTIGATION OF THEIR VERY OWN, AYE SOMETHING STINKS HERE IMO ?

Caps were not meant, sorry ^^

Someone more in the know about law please feel to correct my rant here but IF this ceptic lot have indeed been doing their so-called very own secret investigation for past two years, would this then mean that their filthy club have been interfering IN things they ought not to have and as such could it stop a full and Proper Investigation into the goings on at that filthy club and then get off scot-free, bloody hope not ?

But the silence from those in power, namely Krankie, has been deafening, of course, they cannot blame Westminster on it so there is no political capital to made out of it, the exact reverse in fact.
For all I commend Prof Tomkins efforts,I can't help feel there's a political angle to his involvement.I can just imagine Ruth and her gang in a huddle deciding if this will give them some scope to attack the shortbread crowd.I wish them every success in their efforts and hope they win for the sake of the victims cos let's face it nobody else seems to be bothering their backside for bye him.

Once again, the article mentions "4 ex-Celtic Boys Club Officials have been convicted" and doesn't list Neil Strachan, who was the worst of all.

I don't do twitter, but if anyone could tweet the below link to Prof Tomkins and ask him to read the article about Neil Strachan, ex Celtic Boys Club Secretary, it could prove very beneficial to him, as he may not be aware about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/scottish-paedophile-ring-guilty-child-abuse

Maybe the victims and their families should pretend they have been hit with a coin whilst wearing a padded jacket
Think about how this was discussed by our elected officials the very next day in our sham parliament
Then think about the contrast in treatment which these poor victims and their families have had to endure for what can only be described as the most horrific and vile crimes known to mankind
The only conclusion I can make is that our mp’s are devoid of a moral compass and without conscience or blatantly biased
These people are being well paid to provide a public service, a public service to every one of their electorate equally
They actually swear to uphold this
They should all be charged with a dereliction of duty
I know most of them don’t want to break rank because they are going against their indoctrination but surely the protection of young children supersedes all of this
Our country, and it is our country, is heading down a very dark alley
Someone has to shine the Spotlight on this

Great post, spot on.

Maybe,just maybe some one with a conscience and some courage within the ranks of the rancid organisation that is septic fc will take responsibility and do what is right and proper for the sake of the victims of this horrible crime.But then again.

What about Ruth the Truth?

She's an absolute embarrassment and clearly shiting herself to take on Wee Nikla.

Her silence is nothing short of disgraceful!

I didn’t think of it at the time but your absolutely correct where is Ruth Davidson what’s her position on this, surely she should be backing Mr. Tomkin at this time, or is she waiting to see what is going to happen next. I find it strange not a word, after the results of the Euro elections I would have thought she would have been out banging the big Tory drum to get support.

Has the justice minister said anything about this whatsoever ?
The justice minister, what a bloody joke, more like the injustice tolerator.
Scotland should hang it's head in shame for allowing these people to manipulate the laws and keep the truth hidden to further their own cause or interests.
I wonder if the people will ever waken up from this horror period or just continue to play it all down it's a shameful inditement of what the Scottish nation is about and like it or not we are part of that nation.

Once again, the article mentions "4 ex-Celtic Boys Club Officials have been convicted" and doesn't list Neil Strachan, who was the worst of all.

I don't do twitter, but if anyone could tweet the below link to Prof Tomkins and ask him to read the article about Neil Strachan, ex Celtic Boys Club Secretary, it could prove very beneficial to him, as he may not be aware about it.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2009/may/07/scottish-paedophile-ring-guilty-child-abuse
That’s fucking sickening :mad::mad:

Fair play to this MSP for pressing and demanding action.....but what the %^*& are thompsons solicitors doing?,have they actually lodged papers in court yet...or are they just fannying around waiting on a pay day,without hearing the evidence?

I would imagine they are piecing it all together, remember how much evidence there will be considering how far back this goes and just how many might be involved in all this

I had a cousin who was as a 14-17yr old, a part of Celtic Boys club in the mid 80's.

He was a fairly handsome lad.

At the age of 18 he uncharacteristically went bananas with drugs, heroin the works then walked out of Cellic Boys club.

He killed himself with drugs. Makes me wonder.

I had a cousin who was as a 14-17yr old, a part of Celtic Boys club in the mid 80's.

He was a fairly handsome lad.

At the age of 18 he uncharacteristically went bananas with drugs, heroin the works then walked out of Cellic Boys club.

He killed himself with drugs. Makes me wonder.

I was talking to a boy recently who has a claim in against celtic

He mentioned 2 players who came through with him who committed suicide out of the blue

Sure one played for queens park cant find anything online tho

Defo makes you wonder how many boys lives shattered

For all I commend Prof Tomkins efforts,I can't help feel there's a political angle to his involvement.I can just imagine Ruth and her gang in a huddle deciding if this will give them some scope to attack the shortbread crowd.I wish them every success in their efforts and hope they win for the sake of the victims cos let's face it nobody else seems to be bothering their backside for bye him.

Anything that brings this into the spotlight is good by me, we should all be grateful that someone as high profile has taken up the case.
Tomkins shouldn't need to, this should have been priority for the first minister and her justice minister as soon as the last case had been finished.

If there is anyone who should be outed for political games there are many who the finger should be pointed at before the ones who have brought this to the forefront.

Funny how Dornan has crawled back under his stone and gone very quiet again

Given he never reported any of the rumours of child abuse to the police when his son played for CBC and CFC

Dornan is a pathetic 19th Century Terrorist Bastard who should be voted out of his cushy MSP job as notfit for purpose

He thought he could take control of this mess and do what was right for his football club. But he thought wrong.

He thought he could take control of this mess and do what was right for his football club. But he thought wrong.
its looking increasingly likely this was his plan, and as you say it has run away from him,things are moving forward now,maybe not fast enough for some on here ,but anything that shower manage now will be damage limitation, they are not walking away from this unscathed and without massive reputational damage,

The Horse has defo bolted and with the Prof on the case the Families should see Justice. How far it will go with regards to the cover up is any ones guess. We can only hope and Pray that the likes of UEFA get involved for any sporting punishments to be met out, as SFA will do sweet FA

Which one is the biggest liar.

In any case he should be stepping down from his position within the SFA.

In any other country, the Fat Japanese would be removed from any football authority while an internal investigation into his club is instigated and brought to conclusion. That he hasn't says it all. As for the paedo scandal itself and subsequent cover up, if alleged upcoming television documentaries appear, then the Peasants have had it and should be thrown out of Scottish football.

Good on him.Victims first for a change.

His publicly available email address is shown below.

We should all write to him to thank him for his efforts and for taking the fight to the SFA and Celtic [although they seem less than interested], and wishing him good luck.

It doesn't need to be a long email - just a few lines would be enough.

Adam.Tomkins.msp@parliament.scot

He is indeed,apparently he's getting a barrage of vile abuse on social media from the beastly hordes as you expect from them.
A brave man who is the only one prepared to speak for the victims and families against a wall of silence.
Shame on every last one of them and let's give prof Tomkins the support he deserves and requires.

Email him to let him know we appreciate his efforts.

Adam.Tomkins.msp@parliament.scot

Back