Will Lee Wallace get a farewell from the club?

Rangersnumberfour

Official Ticketer
I was hoping if his contract expired on the 1st of June then he would have maybe got something.

Could it possibly be his contract is up on 1st of July and he will get one then?

There was not a single word of Kenny Miller leaving from the club, which was poor.

For a club captain and servant for a long time to leave without as much as a mention on the website would be massively disappointing from the club.

The board have done magnificently since taking over but the Miller and Wallace episode has been handled terribly

I was hoping if his contract expired on the 1st of June then he would have maybe got something.

Could it possibly be his contract is up on 1st of July and he will get one then?

There was not a single word of Kenny Miller leaving from the club, which was poor.

For a club captain and servant for a long time to leave without as much as a mention on the website would be massively disappointing from the club.

The board have done magnificently since taking over but the Miller and Wallace episode has been handled terribly

How can you say that when we have no idea what happened in the dressing room that day or what followed?

He took the club to court, would you expect a farewell from your employer if you took legal action against them?

I'm sure when he signs for another club there will be a message wishing him well. I think that's sufficient.

He had his farewell.

You’d think he was a treble winning captain the way some people go on about him.
Our social media constantly post messages to the likes of Beasley but refuse to acknowledge Wallace. Its pathetic and obviously orders from above.

Loyalty is part of this clubs ethos and values, most fans believe in that. If you don’t, then fine.

I’m just glad Lee Wallace knows the fans appreciate him massively. As shown by the banners & art done for him recently.

What do you exoect him to get? He was very well paid, did his job and left?

Our social media constantly post messages to the likes of Beasley but refuse to acknowledge Wallace. Its pathetic and obviously orders from above.

Loyalty is part of this clubs ethos and values, most fans believe in that. If you don’t, then fine.

I’m just glad Lee Wallace knows the fans appreciate him massively. As shown by the banners & art done for him recently.

Loyalty is only lauded when it’s convenient. As it was for Ally, Alexander, Wallace & Jig

Then as soon as things weren’t going well the
“Loyalty and sacrifice will never be forgotten” crew forgot that message and stuck the knife in.

I’ll forever be thankful to each and every player & staff member that stuck by us in that time. They could all have left us in the lurch, but they stayed in our darkest hour. Yes they were paid well for it, as you’d expect to be playing for Rangers in front of 50,000 every other Saturday

do we ever give a send off on social media for out of contract players? Genuinely cant remember it happening

Nobody knows what happened - if anyone is going to claim to be in the know, tell us how exactly you know so we can decide if it’s shite or not.

It looks to me that something has happened that has obviously burned bridges between Wallace and the people who run our club.

Got to say though, people go on as if he’d given up a career to play at Rangers for free.

To listen to some people, you'd think his choice to remain at Rangers was did at immense personal cost and sacrifice.

He was rewarded very, very lucratively for his decision to stay, and just like McCoist, he benefited from it hugely in a financial sense.

The people who truly lost out were those who lost their jobs and who would have given an arm and a leg to remain at the club - not those who were paid a king's ransom to stay.

It's commendable that he chose not to leave, but let's not make it out to be heroic.

To listen to some people, you'd think his choice to remain at Rangers was did at immense personal cost and sacrifice.

He was rewarded very, very lucratively for his decision to stay, and just like McCoist, he benefited from it hugely in a financial sense.

The people who truly lost out were those who lost their jobs and who would have given an arm and a leg to remain at the club - not those who were paid a king's ransom to stay.

Yet others left on frees to get bigger wages and are now back at the club and treated like heroes

Are you related to him or just trying to get a rise out of folk?

The Wallace Circus has expired, get over it.

A Captain that delivered not one major piece of silverware and staying is his Legacy.

A bang average left back and Captain.

You do know he was there in the season we went into admin then through the shambles after it?

Just wondering.

And no not trying to get a rise out of anyone. The guy said that everyone gets a birthday wish and I merely said he didn't

Wallace yes

Miller doesn’t deserve that level of respect, I liked him as our player but he played for the tims and smacked there badge running away celebrating, not legend status

He got a cameo v Aberdeen to wave and show us all he can't run anymore.

Lee Wallace got far more from us then we got from him.

In a nutshell. Didn’t even deserve his cameo that day in my opinion but it seems to have satisfied a lot of his fan boys (admittedly not ones like the OP who seem to want the club to throw a leaving bash for him in the stadium).

He’s remembered by most for staying, when in all honesty, bar one season under Warburton (and not even a full season at that), he was largely bang average for the wages he was being paid during his career with us.

I’ll not lose any sleep over the fact he’s no longer at the club.

Imagine Wallace having the nerve to collect the wages he was contractually entitled to, whilst showing up, training and and making himself available. The nerve!

Christ for a club with high standards and class we’ve certainly got a few fans who are somewhat lacking in that class. Thank %^*& that lot were drowned out during his farewell and he felt the appreciation of the majority.

Imagine Wallace having the nerve to collect the wages he was contractually entitled to, whilst showing up, training and and making himself available. The nerve!

Christ for a club with high standards and class we’ve certainly got a few fans who are somewhat lacking in that class. Thank %^*& that lot were drowned out during his farewell and he felt the appreciation of the majority.

I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards the guy

Imagine having fans who want more of a farewell than what he’s already received when he contributed nothing to the team in the SPL over his time at the club. Will leave with a division 3, division 2, Championship and Petrofac Cup to his name. Some honours list.

Also heads off with a bottled Scottish Cup final defeat, multiple pumping’s off the bheasts, a Petrofac Cup final defeat and the grand total of %^*& all contributed in the SPL since we’ve come back up. Oh, and a loss to Progres Niederkorn in Europe.

Still, let’s give him a heroes send off :))

Never understood why we had to turn the Hampden fiasco into a good guy(s) v bad guy situation.

I wanted all three of them gone after it. No one came out of it smelling of roses.

It was appallingly handled by all sides.

Gerrard gave him a farewell which is plenty for me. Regardless of who was right or wrong legally speaking, taking the club to court was a fucking shambles for me.

Not a big fan of him as a player but deserves credit for sticking with us. Probably helped in the short term when we went down. Collected a healthy salary throughout so I'd say we're more than even with regard to Lee Wallace.

Imagine having fans who want more of a farewell than what he’s already received when he contributed nothing to the team in the SPL over his time at the club. Will leave with a division 3, division 2, Championship and Petrofac Cup to his name. Some honours list.

Also heads off with a bottled Scottish Cup final defeat, multiple pumping’s off the bheasts, a Petrofac Cup final defeat and the grand total of %^*& all contributed in the SPL since we’ve come back up. Oh, and a loss to Progres Niederkorn in Europe.

Some one man team he was.

They wanted a couple of lines wishing him good luck on twitter. The way you’re own you’d think they were begging for a testimonial.

Tav’s been bent over in the heaviest OF pumpings we’ve ever taken (that includes throwing in the towel and giving in at the piggery) and also won %^*& all with the club. I’m guessing you feel similarly about him?

Back