Ruling On Latest Fat Mike Court Case – Still Waiting...

It's Ashley's company I believe.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08142409/filing-history

Looking through the history looks like we have gained control of Rangers Retail Ltd, I could be reading it wrong but Ashley/Easdales etc have all been removed as Directors and then The Rangers Football Club Limited became registered persons of significant interest in Aug 17, does this mean that this is a good thing that the Strike off has been suspended?

Surely if Rangers Retail is Ashleys then we've won...?

Company strike off, also referred to as Dissolution, is the process by which a Limited Company is removed from the register by Companies House. The processes effectively marks the company as non-existent for all intent and purpose. You 'Strike Off' a company using form DS01.

Is it not to stop the dissolution of the company?

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08142409/filing-history

Looking through the history looks like we have gained control of Rangers Retail Ltd, I could be reading it wrong but Ashley/Easdales etc have all been removed as Directors and then The Rangers Football Club Limited became registered persons of significant interest in Aug 17, does this mean that this is a good thing that the Strike off has been suspended?

No idea tbh mate. It's all just guesswork at this point anyway & I'm no expert. The strike off being suspended could mean anything really.

Surely if Rangers Retail is Ashleys then we've won...?

Company strike off, also referred to as Dissolution, is the process by which a Limited Company is removed from the register by Companies House. The processes effectively marks the company as non-existent for all intent and purpose. You 'Strike Off' a company using form DS01.
Hasn’t it been put on hold though? Or am I reading this wrong?

Rangers Retail has two active directors. Our Dave and a sports direct henchman. If that is being dissolved then it’s good news, Hopefully ELITE GROUP which I think runs the online and Gers store at st Enoch takes over.

It may explain the megastore closure not sure I understand the “on hold” bit though. I see this via companies house.

Company status
Active — Active proposal to strike off

Rangers Retail has two active directors. Our Dave and a sports direct henchman. If that is being dissolved then it’s good news, Hopefully ELITE GROUP which I think runs the online and Gers store at st Enoch takes over.

It may explain the megastore closure not sure I understand the “on hold” bit though. I see this via companies house.

Company status
Active — Active proposal to strike off
Read the filing history
Strike off was postponed 8/6/19

The reason they’ve stopped it because they don’t want to lose the megastore if it’s dissolved ownership goes to the crown so it’s in our best interest to stop this from happening and trying to regain control of our club shop

With no knowledge of these kind of things - until more details come out surely we can’t assume whether this is good or bad.

If it’s being postponed, would that automatically mean the SD chap remains involved? Could it possibly be postponed with Rangers Retail coming back under our full control, to work alongside Elite?

It’s all total guesswork for now surely.

I think that when we renegotiated a few years ago, we still traded with SD through Rangers Retail. Earlier in the litigation, we accused SD of failing to supply numbers of tops sold and the money we were due. I think the payment was supposed to come in the form of a dividend from RR Ltd.

SDI still own 51% of RR. I think we may have objected to strike off to ensure we get our due but its an educated guess.

Rangers Retail was never Ashley, it's always been ours - dating back to Wallace and Stockbridge to most recently King as directors.

It was/is a joint venture. At a guess - and it’s nothing more - I’d suggest it was being compulsory struck off due to the absence of records and documents being filed as and when due. That could have been stopped because someone (presumably SDI) has filed up to date records. They may, or may not, have done so as a result of or as part of the ongoing dispute.

Whether that’s good or bad is anyone’s guess. We are all just indulging in guesswork here.

Seems that way sadly.

The reason they’ve stopped it because they don’t want to lose the megastore if it’s dissolved ownership goes to the crown so it’s in our best interest to stop this from happening and trying to regain control of our club shop

How do you know?

If that’s the case, why did they not reply to the strike off threat 3 months ago??

It was/is a joint venture. At a guess - and it’s nothing more - I’d suggest it was being compulsory struck off due to the absence of records and documents being filed as and when due. That could have been stopped because someone (presumably SDI) has filed up to date records. They may, or may not, have done so as a result of or as part of the ongoing dispute.

Whether that’s good or bad is anyone’s guess. We are all just indulging in guesswork here.

Pretty much my take on it.

The only thing which makes any of this interesting is the coincidences.

We are told the Judge's ruling has been made, the following day the megastore is closed and has remained closed, the day after that the compulsory dissolution is suspended.

Not enough to come to a conclusion but a bit of a stretch to think it's all coincidental.

Pretty much my take on it.

The only thing which makes any of this interesting is the coincidences.

We are told the Judge's ruling has been made, the following day the megastore is closed and has remained closed, the day after that the compulsory dissolution is suspended.

Not enough to come to a conclusion but a bit of a stretch to think it's all coincidental.
Store closed on the 7th June, the dissolution of RR was stopped on the 8th June, yip nothing in it at all

The hold on the dissolving of RRL is most likely linked to Rangers counter claim against Sport Direct for withholding the money due as a result of of termination of the 7 year notice period deal. That is an absolute shambles of a Company with phantom shares being issued, one party having a majority say over the other.. I don’t believe any Judge would consider it legally sound. In fact I think he would be more inclined to criticise Sports Directs practices like the previous Judge noted.

This puzzle is coming together, fat man has possible moved out the megastore, the previous joint retail venture maybe about to be restarted. Rangers takeover the megastore sell all the new Hummel stock and Ashley gets his slice of all the sales? Could we live with that if it stops all litigation and is time limited to say, 5 years?

Not a fucking chance

A lot of speculation, both positive & negative around. Does anyone actually know when the judges ruling will be made public?

No they were warned of a strike off about 3 month ago

Can you say where you got that from, it doesn't appear to be on the Companies House page. It only has the notice dated 21st May from what I can see. The previous item is July 2018, the accounts.

Rangers Retail don't own the megastore so that's a lot of shite.

Back