Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

John Halley’s latest tweet is interesting, saying he won’t be fobbed off and has raised a criminal complaint.

I’ve seen some of his tweets previously which I thought were strange in tone but this looks promising.

He is absolutely correct, this is a criminal matter, I am astounded that Police Scotland are not all over it., although I realise that they may be beavering away in the background.

I really hope and pray that the victims get all the justice that they fully deserve. I really do.

Unfortunately, child abuse exists in many walks of life where children are present,

However, COVER-UPS ARE STILL, THANKFULLY QUITE RARE. THOSE INVOLVED IN SUCH COVER-UPS DESERVE EVERY PENALTY GOING, SHAME ON THEM,

THEY ENABLE FURTHER CRIMES AGAINST CHILDREN TO BE COMMITTED!

Social responsibility
https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/calendar/index.html

One of UEFA's core partners is Terre des hommes (Tdh) (Child protection.) We should be writing letters to UEFA and Tdh asking if a club covering up child abuse is fit to play in the champions league. Also if Celtics refusal to admit responsibility falls under UEFA's RESPECT banner.
UEFA
Route de Genève 46 Tel: +41 (0) 848 00 2727
Case postale Web: UEFA.com ; UEFA.org
CH-1260 Nyon 2 Media desk: Tel: +41 (0) 848 04 2727
Switzerland
This could deliver a punch they might not get up off the canvas from.

If UEFA are serious about this subject and decide to do something about it Celtic will not be able to get the SFA to protect them from punishment.

All this happened in the days before the internet.

How did predators know who was safe to team up with to form a paedo ring? Was there secret codes/language or did they just know ‘because he looked like one’?

This is a serious question.

No doubt there would be/still are clear rules of engagement within that weird church of theirs. 'Confession' being the perfect place for beasts to make themselves known.

Also, maybe, just maybe, there's something in this:

images

And that helps the victims how?
It may piss off their support enough to call out their own board to do something. We use to joke about them going "to the car park Declan" for trivial things. If they (yahoo support) started throwing mars bars and organising mass boycotts themselves Liewell and whoever penned that separate entity nonsense may wake up and see child abuse for the heinous crime it is and act positively for the victims.

There is no way EVER that their support will raise this matter on any level. Has anyone even heard of any of them even talking about this whole scandal?

not one mention from anyone, yet in 2012 even non football fans were commenting. A mentally challenged in my work asked me if i think we have a chance next season as according to him Lennon is useless. I replied of course we will as your team should be thrown out of football, his response 'what are you talking about'

denial and deflection mode on full.

It may piss off their support enough to call out their own board to do something. We use to joke about them going "to the car park Declan" for trivial things. If they (yahoo support) started throwing mars bars and organising mass boycotts themselves Liewell and whoever penned that separate entity nonsense may wake up and see child abuse for the heinous crime it is and act positively for the victims.
The filth fans will be calling for action on this sometime never. They have actually convinced themselves that the only reason they are in this mess is because of meddling point scoring Rangers fans. Nothing to do with the crimes committed by paedophiles and then concealed by their own club.

There is no way EVER that their support will raise this matter on any level. Has anyone even heard of any of them even talking about this whole scandal?

All you ever hear from them is "aye but, Neely". They all completely miss the point that's it's not about having a paedophile at the club, most institutions where there are children are susceptable to that especially in the days where checks weren't available. What Celtic did was cover up the crime, re-employed one of them and allowed the abuse to continue, all to protect their name.

All you ever hear from them is "aye but, Neely". They all completely miss the point that's it's not about having a paedophile at the club, most institutions where there are children are susceptable to that especially in the days where checks weren't available. What Celtic did was cover up the crime, re-employed one of them and allowed the abuse to continue, all to protect their name.

and yet Hibs get a free pass ??

The filth fans will be calling for action on this sometime never. They have actually convinced themselves that the only reason they are in this mess is because of meddling point scoring Rangers fans. Nothing to do with the crimes committed by paedophiles and then concealed by their own club.

That is very close to the truth mate. And I`ll wager the reason no other clubs fans are chasing this. (apart from a handful of course).
Any support in this is shown as a support for Rangers.

Indeed. The Celtic fan in my work hasn't spoken about football since before we beat them in April.

Was in the other day saying "Tierney's away then. £25m" and that they earned "£2.5m from the Rugby final played there"

I very nearly asked him what they'd do with all the money as a leading question.

He was talking for another 20 minutes and never mentioned the abuse case hanging over them at all.

I know the guy he gets his info from (a Glasgow businessman who people would have heard about him or his company - but it's not Haughey) is close to the power brokers at The Piggery.

Not one of them wants to speak about it let alone do something about it.

What about Neely?

He made a suggestive remark to a kid and we slung him out the door.

Celtic on the other hand . . .

Honestly feel for the first time things are beginning to change
Tomkins and Halley are both at the top of their professions
and hopefully will get right to the bottom of this sordid 40 year cover up
The one big thing in their favour is they are chasing the truth
People who tell lies in criminality usually slip up, we are already
seeing this with the normally staid PR machine from the chamber of secrets, make no mistake they are wavering
I have always been of the opinion if the truth gets out then it will bring an enormous amount of closure to the poor victims and their families as seeing everyone involved in the abuse and the cover up tried in a court of law is what this is all about
We live in a civilised society where the protection of children is paramount
here’s hoping justice is coming to everyone and for everyone and is served in spades
This has went on long enough

Honestly feel for the first time things are beginning to change
Tomkins and Halley are both at the top of their professions
and hopefully will get right to the bottom of this sordid 40 year cover up
The one big thing in their favour is they are chasing the truth
People who tell lies in criminality usually slip up, we are already
seeing this with the normally staid PR machine from the chamber of secrets, make no mistake they are wavering
I have always been of the opinion if the truth gets out then it will bring an enormous amount of closure to the poor victims and their families as seeing everyone involved in the abuse and the cover up tried in a court of law is what this is all about
We live in a civilised society where the protection of children is paramount
here’s hoping justice is coming to everyone and for everyone and is served in spades
This has went on long enough
Great post, as I have been posting on Twitter No more silence.

The victims are up against it .Politicians unwilling to even mention it .
The media ignored it for decades until English media mentioned it .
Police Scotland danced around it until PSNI forced them to investigate it .
There are various council members, season ticket holders at their Club some who had heard rumours .But were dragged into the discussion by default .
There have been Lord Provosts .A Secretary of state and various M.Ps .
The corruption here shames The once proud sporting nation of Scotland .
We must all bear their Burden of Shame .

The victims are up against it .Politicians unwilling to even mention it .
The media ignored it for decades until English media mentioned it .
Police Scotland danced around it until PSNI forced them to investigate it .
There are various council members, season ticket holders at their Club some who had heard rumours .But were dragged into the discussion by default .
There have been Lord Provosts .A Secretary of state and various M.Ps .
The corruption here shames The once proud sporting nation of Scotland .
We must all bear their Burden of Shame .

The thing is, the Scottish media haven't ignored it they have reported it in great detail, just look at the number of links that are produced to newspaper reports over the years especially the Daily Record.

This is where there are links to the Spotlight investigation in Boston. Spotlight found that the Boston Globe has reported on a lot of abuse cases by priests but no one had "joined the dots" and thought to investigate further.

The same thing has happened here, for whatever reason.

Comparisons can be made between the Celtic paedo ring and Watergate.

• A crime was committed in each case.
  • Perpetrators of the crime were prosecuted in each case.
  • A coverup took place in each case.
  • There was a money trail in each case.

Watergate resulted in 48 further convictions.

Primarily for the simple request to know ....who knew what and when did they know it?

The coverup was bigger than the original crime. Ring any bells?

Primarily for the simple request to know ....who knew what and when did they know it?

Good post Bazoo.

As I said before Nixon was brought to his knees, not by the Watergate, it was the cover up, that done for him.

Back