Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

As I said before Nixon was brought to his knees, not by the Watergate, it was the cover up, that done for him.
That’s why I think they have fúćked up big time. If they had said anything normal like Man City did, then it would have been fairly straight forward, but their piss poor attempts at covering it up is pointing the finger at those in charge now, knowing all about it and being directly involved in trying to cover it up. Thus making their entire board “Not fit and proper” to hold office in any capacity involving football or children. Prosecutions should follow a full public enquiry into the “cover up of 2019!” As this is a new attempt including paying for the boys club to change its name. That is a conscious effort to cover their arses and deny justice to the victims of their disgusting employees and associates!

No we don’t.

This one rests firmly at their door.
I do .I am ashamed for the whole of Scotland .
I am ashamed that not one of the Rhats will speak out and help to bring closure for the victims .
I am ashamed that only one of our political representatives will take them to task .
I am ashamed that no one is willing to join the dots .
I am ashamed that politicians value a few votes over the safe guarding of children .
I am ashamed that the media have smothered this for years .

There are pertinent questions that need asked and answered and three decades of officials need the spotlight shone on their actions .

1. Were you aware of rumours of sexual predators working at your club.
2.When did you first hear rumours and Who else knew of these rumours 3 What action did you take ?
4.Was this discussed at board level .
5 When Torbett left the club .Why was this announced as a genial agreement.
6 Why did your club continue to do business with his company .
7 What were the large payments his company received for ? Do you have invoices for these payments ?
8 Why did you re-employ an known sexual predator.
9 Cullen the Official photographer .Were his photographs linked to youths at your club ?
10 Mcafferty the official kit man .Was He named in Gerry Mcsherry's accusations ?
11. What happened in Kearny New Jersey .What actions did McGinn ,Kelly,Brady and chief scout Kelman take .
12 Who was involved in the decision making .

Until these questions and many more are asked and answered honestly .

I as a Scot Feel sullied

I am ashamed that not one of the Rhats will speak out and help to bring closure for the victims .
I am ashamed that only one of our political representatives will take them to task .
I am ashamed that politicians value a few votes over the safe guarding of children .

There are pertinent questions that need asked and answered and three decades of officials need the spotlight shone on their actions .

2.When did you first hear rumours and Who else knew of these rumours 3 What action did you take ?
7 What were the large payments his company received for ? Do you have invoices for these payments ?
9 Cullen the Official photographer .Were his photographs linked to youths at your club ?
10 Mcafferty the official kit man .Was He named in Gerry Mcsherry's accusations ?
11. What happened in Kearny New Jersey .What actions did McGinn ,Kelly,Brady and chief scout Kelman take .

I as a Scot Feel sullied

Great questions. Have you put them on twitter, as these are all obvious questions needing answered but until they're out there no one will? I'm happy to post them if you're not on there.

What about Neely?

He made a suggestive remark to a kid and we slung him out the door.

Celtic on the other hand . . .

This is what I'm getting at, he was slung out of the door and nothing was covered up. They have named others as well of course but I won't be repeating them as it just spreads their lies.

The thing is, the Scottish media haven't ignored it they have reported it in great detail, just look at the number of links that are produced to newspaper reports over the years especially the Daily Record.

This is where there are links to the Spotlight investigation in Boston. Spotlight found that the Boston Globe has reported on a lot of abuse cases by priests but no one had "joined the dots" and thought to investigate further.

The same thing has happened here, for whatever reason.
They have reported it .Just .
But for Christ sake they have had 40 years to investigate it .
Just ask Celtic .
Did you take an injunction out to stop the reporting of these crimes ?
Did you try to suppress the investigating these crimes ?
Did you or any one of your media team call these allegations "Scurrilous"
Who paid for the defence council in these crimes ?
Why did you do this if it was a separate entity .

What about Neely?

He made a suggestive remark to a kid and we slung him out the door.

Celtic on the other hand . . .
And Hibs as well with Neely. Had a look at one of their message-boards - over 42,000 post on Rangers tax affairs and 18 on the biggest scandal in UK sport!! (if not European/world) But they're not alone in that regard - had a look at other football boards and the pattern is the same. Tens of thousands of posts on tax affairs and a comparatively minuscule figure on cover-ups of paedophile activity. What a strange world we inhabit.

This is what I'm getting at, he was slung out of the door and nothing was covered up. They have named others as well of course but I won't be repeating them as it just spreads their lies.

They mentioned John Chalmers as one of the others mate.
School teacher in my school & also took the school team I played in for a couple of years.
There was never ever any suggestion by any boys in our team about anything dodgy by the guy in all of that time.
I call BS on that one anyway.

Honestly feel for the first time things are beginning to change
Tomkins and Halley are both at the top of their professions
and hopefully will get right to the bottom of this sordid 40 year cover up
The one big thing in their favour is they are chasing the truth
People who tell lies in criminality usually slip up, we are already
seeing this with the normally staid PR machine from the chamber of secrets, make no mistake they are wavering
I have always been of the opinion if the truth gets out then it will bring an enormous amount of closure to the poor victims and their families as seeing everyone involved in the abuse and the cover up tried in a court of law is what this is all about
We live in a civilised society where the protection of children is paramount
here’s hoping justice is coming to everyone and for everyone and is served in spades
This has went on long enough

Well said great post

I just hope that one day justice is fully served on everyone involved in either the abuse or the subsequent cover ups.
In the meantime I am grateful for the people on here & anywhere else who are supporting the victims families with their attempts to highlight this scandal to as many of the relevant parties as possible.
Their support as a whole is guilty and they know it, that's why they wont talk about it.
Just finished watching that programme The Virtues which so many of that clubs fans must have watched & seen how these sort of actions destroy lives but still their silence continues.
What does this continued silence say about that club, their fans past & present that they continue to do nothing to hold individuals or their club as a whole responsible for what was carried out????

Remember this ,While Celtic were trying to bury us they were trying to hide the most heinous of crimes of CHILD RAPE and ABUSE at Celtic Football Club ..... ( Stolen from Twitter ) Thanks John
FOOTBALL, MORAL INTEGRITY
SFA/SPL Letters: SFA come over all heavy then Stewart Regan and Andrew McKinlay desert the sinking ship. Why in same week in February 2018?
POSTED BY FOOTBALLTAXHAVENS ⋅ JUNE 9, 2019 ⋅ LEAVE A COMMENT
FILED UNDER ANDREW MCKINLAY, CELTIC/BOYS CLUB, FIFA, JACK MCGINN, SFA, STEWART REGAN
Above is Andrew McKinlay’s SFA Letter 2012 on Behalf of Stewart Regan to the conscientious MP asking about the possible paedophile ring at the intersection of Celtic and their youth feeder club Celtic Boys Club.
Firstly they shut down allegations down saying those matters were the subject of a criminal case and the offender was convicted and imprisoned. Except Torbett wasn’t the only offender mentioned. Frank Cairney and John Cullen were too. Cullen, Celtic photographer was found guilty in 2004:
Frank Cairney, although he got off on the 1998 charges, was exposed as the offender who assaulted a young Celtic Boys Club player in New Jersey, USA in 1991 by a 1996 Daily Record article by Anna Smith and Iain Ferguson:

Questions
In 1996, after the above article was printed in the Daily Record, did Strathclyde Police question Cairney on what happened on the 1991 US Celtic Boys Club tour?
Did they question the four Celtic Boys Club officials getting their statements of what happened in New Jersey?
Celtic involvement throughout: the words of Jim McNally, ex- Celtic Boys Club chairman.
“Apart from sworn statements to Celtic and the police, none of us has ever spoken about what happened.” [NOTE: Sworn statement to Celtic, the separate entity?]
“After that meeting I immediately contacted Celtic, but it was the Glasgow Fair and I had a terrible job trying to get a hold of people. [Again Celtic]
“I tried Jack McGinn, Jimmy Farrell (Celtic directors), but could not get them.”
after a meeting with boys parents in Scotland;
“I was told the meeting had concluded and the outcome was that the boy’s parents were quite happy to leave the matter in Celtic’s hands, provided Frank Cairney resigned from the boys’ club on returning.” [The whole cover-up was in Celtic’s hands]
Celtic director Jack McGinn had direct involvement in cover-up:
“Jack McGinn organised a meeting at 11am with Frank Cairney and a meeting with me at 2pm.
“At that meeting, he gave me a copy of Frank Cairney’s resignation which said he had resigned because he had got promotion in his company and the pressure of work.”
Did Strathclyde Police question Celtic as what they had done with the sworn statement they received and who at Celtic had conducted the communications and advice to the four Boys Club officials in drawing up the secrecy pact? Which law firm did Celtic use for advice and who possibly drew up the sworn statements? What did those statements say?
Did Strathclyde Police question Jack McGinn as to why Celtic was involved in a falsefied a resignation letter on behalf of Cairney? Jack McGinn was in charge of The Celtic View, was it him that wrote Cairney’s resignation notice there?
Did Strathclyde Police ask Celtic why they did not inform them of what occurred in 1991 when they had a legal sworn statement – i.e. evidence of a crime committed even though it was outside UK jurisdiction that the alleged offence occurred but it was in the UK jurisdiction that the cover-up happened and it was 4 British nationals that allegedly covered it up, and 1 British national, Cairney, that allegedly committed the offence on another British national, the young boy?
Did the SFA make an inquiry as to what one of their member clubs had done to contribute to the cover-up?
Note: From CelticWiki it says Jack McGinn was ‘Legislative Advisor’ to club after he stood down in August 1994. It goes on to says he was appointed SFA Treasurer then became SFA President in 1997. The year after the cover-up was exposed in the Daily Record:
The SFA has questions to answer why in 1996 it was exposed that one of their member clubs had participated in an abuse cover-up. Not only that, they then made the person at the centre of the cover-up, Jack McGinn, the SFA Vice-Chairman and President the year after in 1997. Who also went on to hold positions through the SFA at the top football authorities in UEFA and FIFA?

Top SFA Management Leave Quickly in February 2018
Stewart Regan left 1 February 2018. (source BBC website)
Andrew McKinlay left on 8 February 2018. He jumped across to take charge of Scottish Golf (source BBC website):
Here he is wondering if he’s left something behind.
As it says in the letter, Andrew McKinlay was SFA’s director of Football Governance and Regulation but he was then promoted to Chief Operating Officer. He was number 2 in SFA. As the title immediately says he was ‘SFA Stand-in chief’.
What sort of notice for top execs were they obliged to give the SFA? Did they give it?
This is unprecedented that a Chief Executive and the Chief Operating Officer leave at the same time. A normal board would say no. Both cannot go at the same time. One has to stay and when the new Chief Executive comes onboard then there is a transitional handover of at least 1-2 months.
The SFA Board was negligent in allowing this to happen, this is not a youth club they are running. There’s international tournaments for men and women, managers and coaches to support, sponsors, etc. Why did Regan and McKinlay get permission to leave so quickly? What power did they have over the board? Or did the board want rid of them quickly? Needs explaining.
Why the rush then in February 2018?

Announced that Torbett was going to trial on 5th April 2018
(source: BBC website)
How long does it take COPFS prosecutors to set a case to justify going for trial, couple of months. Take 2 months off first week in April 2018 and you get February 2018.
This is fits the timeline and very unusual that the top 2 management of the SFA disappear very quickly just when Torbett case is firming up as a certainty.

McKinlay Quoting FIFA Statute article 13.1
Because an MP was asking questions, why did the SFA come over all heavy handed with FIFA statutes? Why were they so defensive? This was way over the top.
Article 13.1 states that: ”Members have the following obligations… to manage their affairs independently and ensure that their own affairs are not influenced by any third parties…
This article is for third world countries that are corrupt and who interfere politically and place their own friends in football authority positions of influence. Oh wait a minute on the other that could be the SFA the way Stewart Regan was selected for his Chief Executive role.
Talk about the height of hypocrisy from FIFA with this statute. Remember the 2015-16 FIFA Corruption Scandal? They were the organisation that Sepp Blatter, senior FIFA management and country representatives were found guilty of taking bribes for several sides in the voting for the 2018, 2022 World Cup bids.
Manage their affairs independently?
What, the SFA get to decide if crimes were committed and covered up, at a club, and also possibly at a football authorities? Don’t think the judiciary and community would accept that.
Third Parties?
Who like MPs who are trying to assure the community that their kids are safe when they are training at football clubs? Football authorities don’t get the right to set themselves apart from the laws and community expectations of the country they operate in.
Any inquiry into an alleged paedophile ring operating in Celtic/Boys Club needs to be independent of the SFA that has shutdown previous attempts to get to the foundations without interference from Scottish football authorities that appear not to have childrens safety in front of their ‘good’ reputation.

Another Possible Reason for the Bailout
The full SFA Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was delayed until legal cases finished and in the meantime an interim report was issued 26th July 2018. After McCafferty’s conviction then the SFA should have issued the main report. Why not?
It’s not good that this situation hangs over Scottish football especially considering when it’s senior SFA management that has been stifling an MP’s inquiry. Surely minutes exist where the SFA Board discussed these occurrences over the years? What was discussed when, who recommended what including sitting doing nothing?
SFA is tainted by cover-ups and stifling an MP. Only an inquiry completely independent of the SFA/SPFL by senior judges is required to look at all evidence impartially without favour.

I as a Scot Feel sullied
There you go Jackson, Spiers and all yer filthy co-horts.
The work has once again been done for you.

Which one of you have the bawz to ask these questions in your rhag?

My money`s on NONE of you.

Reading that makes me ask the question. Did the S.F.A. have any dealings with the Trophy Center? Where were their trophies and prizes bought from?
The trophy centre was the main sponsor of youth football in Sw region I think
Hush money used as Hush money disgusting

Anything which keeps it in the spotlight and stops them from sweeping it under the carpet again will help the victims get justice. It's not going away this time.
It's not going to happen overnight, but they rat bast@rds are in for a severe hammering over this. Their own insurers report will be an opertunity to get tore into them, any independent inquiry will uncover the truth and that will finish them. We can do them damage by being ready to question the reports and inquireries , keep it on the front of every social media platform.

All you ever hear from them is "aye but, Neely". They all completely miss the point that's it's not about having a paedophile at the club, most institutions where there are children are susceptable to that especially in the days where checks weren't available. What Celtic did was cover up the crime, re-employed one of them and allowed the abuse to continue, all to protect their name.

Multiple crimes over many years. Decades probably.

FOOL ME ONCE, SHAME ON YOU; FOOL ME TWICE, SHAME ON ME - "Anyone who falls for the same deceit twice must accept responsibility for his own gullibility; thus, one should be more watchful the next time around.

Never has something been more apt, Celtic FC allowed multiple abusers, 6 now been convicted to destroy young lives.

The victims are up against it .Politicians unwilling to even mention it .
The media ignored it for decades until English media mentioned it .
Police Scotland danced around it until PSNI forced them to investigate it .
There are various council members, season ticket holders at their Club some who had heard rumours .But were dragged into the discussion by default .
There have been Lord Provosts .A Secretary of state and various M.Ps .
The corruption here shames The once proud sporting nation of Scotland .
We must all bear their Burden of Shame .

I'll know this Celtc Paedo Scandal is being taken seriously when our First Minister finally addresses it at Holyrood and publicly condemns the cover-up. Her current silence is deafening, despite the numerous court convictions.

The victims are up against it .Politicians unwilling to even mention it .
The media ignored it for decades until English media mentioned it .
Police Scotland danced around it until PSNI forced them to investigate it .
There are various council members, season ticket holders at their Club some who had heard rumours .But were dragged into the discussion by default .
There have been Lord Provosts .A Secretary of state and various M.Ps .
The corruption here shames The once proud sporting nation of Scotland .
We must all bear their Burden of Shame .
Bearing their burden of shame?
Whilst they deny, deflect and create separate entities?
How about “no feckin way”?

Heard tonight that Celtic have already made a derisory compensation offer to the victims lawyers which they basically laughed at
The fhilth are still being allowed to do this in their own terms,
Even when the compensation is agreed there is still the consequences of the crime of the cover up and the authorities and law have an obligation to deal with that.

Remember this ,While Celtic were trying to bury us they were trying to hide the most heinous of crimes of CHILD RAPE and ABUSE at Celtic Football Club ..... ( Stolen from Twitter ) Thanks John
FOOTBALL, MORAL INTEGRITY
SFA/SPL Letters: SFA come over all heavy then Stewart Regan and Andrew McKinlay desert the sinking ship. Why in same week in February 2018?
POSTED BY FOOTBALLTAXHAVENS ⋅ JUNE 9, 2019 ⋅ LEAVE A COMMENT
FILED UNDER ANDREW MCKINLAY, CELTIC/BOYS CLUB, FIFA, JACK MCGINN, SFA, STEWART REGAN
Above is Andrew McKinlay’s SFA Letter 2012 on Behalf of Stewart Regan to the conscientious MP asking about the possible paedophile ring at the intersection of Celtic and their youth feeder club Celtic Boys Club.
Firstly they shut down allegations down saying those matters were the subject of a criminal case and the offender was convicted and imprisoned. Except Torbett wasn’t the only offender mentioned. Frank Cairney and John Cullen were too. Cullen, Celtic photographer was found guilty in 2004:
Frank Cairney, although he got off on the 1998 charges, was exposed as the offender who assaulted a young Celtic Boys Club player in New Jersey, USA in 1991 by a 1996 Daily Record article by Anna Smith and Iain Ferguson:

Questions
In 1996, after the above article was printed in the Daily Record, did Strathclyde Police question Cairney on what happened on the 1991 US Celtic Boys Club tour?
Did they question the four Celtic Boys Club officials getting their statements of what happened in New Jersey?
Celtic involvement throughout: the words of Jim McNally, ex- Celtic Boys Club chairman.
“Apart from sworn statements to Celtic and the police, none of us has ever spoken about what happened.” [NOTE: Sworn statement to Celtic, the separate entity?]
“After that meeting I immediately contacted Celtic, but it was the Glasgow Fair and I had a terrible job trying to get a hold of people. [Again Celtic]
“I tried Jack McGinn, Jimmy Farrell (Celtic directors), but could not get them.”
after a meeting with boys parents in Scotland;
“I was told the meeting had concluded and the outcome was that the boy’s parents were quite happy to leave the matter in Celtic’s hands, provided Frank Cairney resigned from the boys’ club on returning.” [The whole cover-up was in Celtic’s hands]
Celtic director Jack McGinn had direct involvement in cover-up:
“Jack McGinn organised a meeting at 11am with Frank Cairney and a meeting with me at 2pm.
“At that meeting, he gave me a copy of Frank Cairney’s resignation which said he had resigned because he had got promotion in his company and the pressure of work.”
Did Strathclyde Police question Celtic as what they had done with the sworn statement they received and who at Celtic had conducted the communications and advice to the four Boys Club officials in drawing up the secrecy pact? Which law firm did Celtic use for advice and who possibly drew up the sworn statements? What did those statements say?
Did Strathclyde Police question Jack McGinn as to why Celtic was involved in a falsefied a resignation letter on behalf of Cairney? Jack McGinn was in charge of The Celtic View, was it him that wrote Cairney’s resignation notice there?
Did Strathclyde Police ask Celtic why they did not inform them of what occurred in 1991 when they had a legal sworn statement – i.e. evidence of a crime committed even though it was outside UK jurisdiction that the alleged offence occurred but it was in the UK jurisdiction that the cover-up happened and it was 4 British nationals that allegedly covered it up, and 1 British national, Cairney, that allegedly committed the offence on another British national, the young boy?
Did the SFA make an inquiry as to what one of their member clubs had done to contribute to the cover-up?
Note: From CelticWiki it says Jack McGinn was ‘Legislative Advisor’ to club after he stood down in August 1994. It goes on to says he was appointed SFA Treasurer then became SFA President in 1997. The year after the cover-up was exposed in the Daily Record:
The SFA has questions to answer why in 1996 it was exposed that one of their member clubs had participated in an abuse cover-up. Not only that, they then made the person at the centre of the cover-up, Jack McGinn, the SFA Vice-Chairman and President the year after in 1997. Who also went on to hold positions through the SFA at the top football authorities in UEFA and FIFA?

Top SFA Management Leave Quickly in February 2018
Stewart Regan left 1 February 2018. (source BBC website)
Andrew McKinlay left on 8 February 2018. He jumped across to take charge of Scottish Golf (source BBC website):
Here he is wondering if he’s left something behind.
As it says in the letter, Andrew McKinlay was SFA’s director of Football Governance and Regulation but he was then promoted to Chief Operating Officer. He was number 2 in SFA. As the title immediately says he was ‘SFA Stand-in chief’.
What sort of notice for top execs were they obliged to give the SFA? Did they give it?
This is unprecedented that a Chief Executive and the Chief Operating Officer leave at the same time. A normal board would say no. Both cannot go at the same time. One has to stay and when the new Chief Executive comes onboard then there is a transitional handover of at least 1-2 months.
The SFA Board was negligent in allowing this to happen, this is not a youth club they are running. There’s international tournaments for men and women, managers and coaches to support, sponsors, etc. Why did Regan and McKinlay get permission to leave so quickly? What power did they have over the board? Or did the board want rid of them quickly? Needs explaining.
Why the rush then in February 2018?

Announced that Torbett was going to trial on 5th April 2018
(source: BBC website)
How long does it take COPFS prosecutors to set a case to justify going for trial, couple of months. Take 2 months off first week in April 2018 and you get February 2018.
This is fits the timeline and very unusual that the top 2 management of the SFA disappear very quickly just when Torbett case is firming up as a certainty.

McKinlay Quoting FIFA Statute article 13.1
Because an MP was asking questions, why did the SFA come over all heavy handed with FIFA statutes? Why were they so defensive? This was way over the top.
Article 13.1 states that: ”Members have the following obligations… to manage their affairs independently and ensure that their own affairs are not influenced by any third parties…
This article is for third world countries that are corrupt and who interfere politically and place their own friends in football authority positions of influence. Oh wait a minute on the other that could be the SFA the way Stewart Regan was selected for his Chief Executive role.
Talk about the height of hypocrisy from FIFA with this statute. Remember the 2015-16 FIFA Corruption Scandal? They were the organisation that Sepp Blatter, senior FIFA management and country representatives were found guilty of taking bribes for several sides in the voting for the 2018, 2022 World Cup bids.
Manage their affairs independently?
What, the SFA get to decide if crimes were committed and covered up, at a club, and also possibly at a football authorities? Don’t think the judiciary and community would accept that.
Third Parties?
Who like MPs who are trying to assure the community that their kids are safe when they are training at football clubs? Football authorities don’t get the right to set themselves apart from the laws and community expectations of the country they operate in.
Any inquiry into an alleged paedophile ring operating in Celtic/Boys Club needs to be independent of the SFA that has shutdown previous attempts to get to the foundations without interference from Scottish football authorities that appear not to have childrens safety in front of their ‘good’ reputation.

Another Possible Reason for the Bailout
The full SFA Independent Review of Sexual Abuse in Scottish Football was delayed until legal cases finished and in the meantime an interim report was issued 26th July 2018. After McCafferty’s conviction then the SFA should have issued the main report. Why not?
It’s not good that this situation hangs over Scottish football especially considering when it’s senior SFA management that has been stifling an MP’s inquiry. Surely minutes exist where the SFA Board discussed these occurrences over the years? What was discussed when, who recommended what including sitting doing nothing?
SFA is tainted by cover-ups and stifling an MP. Only an inquiry completely independent of the SFA/SPFL by senior judges is required to look at all evidence impartially without favour.

If that hasn't been sent to the victims lawyers, then it should. Utterly repulsive what has been allowed to go on in plain sight in this corrupt backwater.

I'll know this Celtc Paedo Scandal is being taken seriously when our First Minister finally addresses it at Holyrood and publicly condemns the cover-up. Her current silence is deafening, despite the numerous court convictions.
I have sent an email several times marked for her attention, asking that very question, which until recently have been ignored. One was acknowledged, and am currently waiting a reply.

Someone's already said on here that this cannot be even remotely blamed on Westminster and therefore not a call for independence... so Scottish government and SNP voters won't care

The fhilth are still being allowed to do this in their own terms,
Even when the compensation is agreed there is still the consequences of the crime of the cover up and the authorities and law have an obligation to deal with that.

Yeah, how can they possibly be allowed to be the guardians of the destiny of this?

An independent enquiry is a MUST. After that, Celtic can make an offer.

Why should any victims believe what they are being told by Celtic as regards it all?

They've been lied to for decades by Celtic.

Last edited:
Back