Kevin Kelly cannae mind

Sydneyger65

FORMER Celtic chairman Kevin Kelly has claimed ignorance of his business links with Celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett.

And Kelly, who was vice-chairman of the club when it investigated and then cleared boys’ club “leaders” of any wrongdoing – and was also president of the boys’ club – has told the Daily Record he has “no knowledge of the past”.
Speaking for the first time since the abuse scandal emerged, he said he had no idea that beasts Torbett and Frank Cairney were preying on children over decades on his watch.

The Daily Record revealed last month details of a 1986 probe by the Celtic FC board into allegations of boys being taken to weekend tournaments that did not exist, boys being taken out socially and boys being late home from training.
It appeared to be at odds with Celtic’s claim that the boys’ club was “entirely separate” from Celtic FC and that the club had first learned of allegations against boys’ club predators in the 90s.

Four paedophiles from the boys’ club have been convicted in recent months of preying on children.

At the time of the 1986 probe, Kelly, now 81, was vice-chairman of Celtic FC, president of Celtic Boys’ Club and worked for Torbett at his Trophy Centre business.
When we visited Kelly at his home, he was reluctant to discuss the abuse scandal. Asked about the 1986 probe, he said: “I’ve nothing to say about that.
“The club are looking into all these things, so I’m quite happy about that.
“No, sorry about that. As I say I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything.”

We put it to Kelly the 1986 probe by Celtic FC had cleared Torbett and Cairney of any wrongdoing and that Celtic FC had then endorsed the pair by branding the claims as “scurrilous” and saying they should be “buried once and for all”.

Many of Torbett’s victims were abused after he had been cleared by Celtic FC. Kelly said: “I’m quite happy for the club to do whatever they have to do. Those who committed crimes are in jail and that’s where they should be. That’s all I’ve got to say.”

When we asked about his directorship of the Trophy Centre – Torbett’s company – he said: “I wasn’t a director.”
We put it to him that he has a legal listing as a director of the company.
He said: “Look, I’ve no knowledge of the past, I’m sorry about that.”
Asked if he had knowledge at the time of what was going on, Kelly said: “Not at all, I’d never have joined it if I knew that.

“A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”
Records show Kelly became a director of the Trophy Centre in October 1989. Torbett was first convicted of sexually abusing three boys in 1998 and jailed for two years. But Kelly remained a director of the Trophy Centre until 2005.

Boys’ club founder Torbett was jailed in November for six years. Former general manager Cairney was jailed in January for four years, fellow boys’ club coach and Celtic FC man Jim McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months, while former chairman Gerald King was convicted of preying on children at a Glasgow school, but avoided jail. Records also show that Kelly and Torbett were the sole directors of a now dissolved company – Panrole Ltd – set up in April 1991.
Helene Gray, 71, whose son Andrew was a victim of Torbett at Celtic Boys’ Club, said: “There are many who held authority who continue to deny and deflect from what my son and many other young boys suffered whilst in their care at Celtic Boys’ Club. Their silence and denial is sickening.”

Andrew died after an accident on holiday aged 41. His testimony helped convict Torbett.

Last edited by a moderator:
Told by the police to stick to his story eh? More evidence they're hoping this is all going to fizzle out without outing CFC as conspirators. The thing is Kevin, you fûcking lying beast, Alan Brazil has already publically claimed that senior figures in the Celtic boardroom knew all about it, including your brother Michael

The cover up continues to this day. It's a fucking disgrace

Wait a minute. He’s been told by the police to stick to his statement?? WTF? Surely if the police are telling him anything, it should be for him to tell the truth.
it’s quite easy to forget you are the director of a company btw, I do it regularly, sometimes a couple of times a week.

This lying slimy bastard has committed perjury in Torbetts 1997 trial and continues to lie

Seems there is an outbreak of mass amnesia over at the Stad de Gadd

Celtic Boys' Club founder guilty of shameless indecency; Anger over allegations suggesting that Jock Stein was involved in 20-year cover-up". Herald Scotland. 13 November 1998. Retrieved 7 December 2017.

Former Celtic directors Mr Kevin Kelly, 61, and Mr James Farrell, 77, said they never heard of any allegations concerning the accused and Mr Kelly, a director in Torbett's Trophy Centre business, denied ever talking to Mr Birt about the matter.

How can you launch an internal investigation into "scurrilous allegations" if you've never heard of the allegations in the first place?

“I’ve been told by police to stick to my statement and speak to no one”

Where to start with that?

If true surely the police are breaching some sort of law by telling someone to stick to a certain story?

More than likely it’s false and he’s just making it up as he goes along but for the avoidance of doubt he should be made to clarify these claims.

He is one of the ones that turned a blind eye and is right in the thick of it

He needs to be spoken to under caution

This is going to explode as to many lies being told now

This should have been dealt with years ago by Celtic supporters

McGinn is another who will be up to his neck in this

McGinn and Kelly look like they could be abusers also as they were instrumental in the cover up

But they also chose to look away

Last edited:
“I’ve been told by police to stick to my statement and speak to no one”

Where to start with that?

If true surely the police are breaching some sort of law by telling someone to stick to a certain story?

More than likely it’s false and he’s just making it up as he goes along but for the avoidance of doubt he should be made to clarify these claims.
Perhaps the police can comment on the the claim?

If they confirm it then the police are up to their necks in it.

If they say that it is utter büllshít then we have proof of a liar at the centre of the crime scene fc.

It is strange how all these people from directors to supporters of shame fc can all remember what happened in great detail to their club in 1967
But to a man appear to have developed selective amnesia about the goings on at the same club in the eighties and nineties
Why have these people not been interviewed under caution yet ?
Get them into the dock, get them tried and bring closure to the people who matter most in this

It is strange how all these people from directors to supporters of shame fc can all remember what happened in great detail to their club in 1967
But to a man appear to have developed selective amnesia about the goings on at the same club in the eighties and nineties
Why have these people not been interviewed under caution yet ?
Get them into the dock, get them tried and bring closure to the people who matter most in this

Try the 1970s

He cant remember which is coincidental as his history has been 'cleaned' from Google etc and it's more difficult now to see his past work history?

Told by the police to stick to his story eh, that should be looked at straight away.
Let us imagine for a moment that this is true.

The Pandora’s box has been opened.

What it now tells us is for certain is that ...

• There has been collusion between the police and Celtic directors to cover up a crime - this is probably also a crime.
  • The relationship between the police and Celtic was too close
  • Celtic directors have always known about a paedo ring and done nothing about it
  • Celtic directors since have failed in their fiduciary duty to notify shareholders of potential victim claims from that point in time

He needs to face a judge and repeat his claim, “I’ve no knowledge of the past”

I hat about your wife receiving a salary from trophy centre, does that jog your memory?

This lying bastard is upto his neck in it along with the rest of his family.

I doubt the police told him this, more likely they asked if he wanted to stick to his original statement or if he wanted to change it in light of what’s gone by. Wouldn’t be at all surprised to see him up on a PCJ charge at some point

There is no way the police would say stick to your statement. Clearly that's their lawyer who has told him to say that.

As for not remembering you were a director of trophy centre, come on, how long before he plays the dementia card?

Is it possible that the police would clarify that this advice is correct? if so, are they the police or his council? It reads to me like someone squirming to put distance between them and the question asked.

Back