Kevin Kelly cannae mind

“A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”

I don't think people should read anything into this regarding police 'complicity' or whatever.

Given that everything else Kevin Kelly says is untrue or distorted or that he simply can't remember, I wouldn't draw the conclusion that he is implicating the police.

The interesting angle is that he appears to have given a recent statement - was that in relation to Torbett, Cairney or the wider links with others such as Barry Bennell?

There are very strong grounds for concluding that he committed perjury at the 1998 Torbett trial - would the authorities ever go there?

Answers on a postcard please.

Celtic Boys' Club founder guilty of shameless indecency; Anger over allegations suggesting that Jock Stein was involved in 20-year cover-up". Herald Scotland. 13 November 1998. Retrieved 7 December 2017.

Former Celtic directors Mr Kevin Kelly, 61, and Mr James Farrell, 77, said they never heard of any allegations concerning the accused and Mr Kelly, a director in Torbett's Trophy Centre business, denied ever talking to Mr Birt about the matter.

How can you launch an internal investigation into "scurrilous allegations" if you've never heard of the allegations in the first place?

The cops need to act on this before people start dying and taking their crimes to the grave.

Theres too many easy questions like that to ask which have to receive an answer.

The big issue here is the “ apparent “ coverup that Celtic FC are trying to put on.
Big Jock new, Kevin Kelly knew, John McGinn knew, every Tom , Dick and Harry knew, but to this day complete denial.
Surely there must be more than one politician prepared to speak up about this scandal, which up until today only gets centre spread in the newspapers.
This scandal should not be allowed to be swept under the carpet.
More prominent politicians should be involved imo, to provide justice for all of the victims in this horrendous episode of sexual obuse of young boys .

He's lying without doubt, but it's not a police interview under caution. Still made himself look and sound like someone with something to hide, his story will change when he is finally under caution. I'm putting his statement firmly in the tic toc you lying fuc@er, drawer.

do we think that Lawwell will be reading this today thinking..Ohhhh you old sod

tenor.gif

“I’ve been told by police to stick to my statement and speak to no one”

Where to start with that?

If true surely the police are breaching some sort of law by telling someone to stick to a certain story?

More than likely it’s false and he’s just making it up as he goes along but for the avoidance of doubt he should be made to clarify these claims.

I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.

That's probably a lie and if so the police should publicly challenge that statement.

If true it suggests the police are part of a cover up at best and maybe even worse.

Either way there just can't be silence over that statement.

Tbh I’ve been told to stick to my story by the police before. I was a witness to an assault and attempted rape. On the day of the trial the police let me go over my statement one more time to refresh my memory, and told me “be careful during your questioning not to stray from your statement. Even if you remember something new now if its not in your statement the defence will discredit you if you say something not already submitted.”

I did ask what the point was in being called as a witness if all they wanted me to was regurgitate my written statement. “Thats how court works” apparently.
But you were a witness, Kelly may be involved in a cover up. They wouldn't be coaching someone they would be prosecuting

FORMER Celtic chairman Kevin Kelly has claimed ignorance of his business links with Celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett.

And Kelly, who was vice-chairman of the club when it investigated and then cleared boys’ club “leaders” of any wrongdoing – and was also president of the boys’ club – has told the Daily Record he has “no knowledge of the past”.
Speaking for the first time since the abuse scandal emerged, he said he had no idea that beasts Torbett and Frank Cairney were preying on children over decades on his watch.

The Daily Record revealed last month details of a 1986 probe by the Celtic FC board into allegations of boys being taken to weekend tournaments that did not exist, boys being taken out socially and boys being late home from training.
It appeared to be at odds with Celtic’s claim that the boys’ club was “entirely separate” from Celtic FC and that the club had first learned of allegations against boys’ club predators in the 90s.

Four paedophiles from the boys’ club have been convicted in recent months of preying on children.

At the time of the 1986 probe, Kelly, now 81, was vice-chairman of Celtic FC, president of Celtic Boys’ Club and worked for Torbett at his Trophy Centre business.
When we visited Kelly at his home, he was reluctant to discuss the abuse scandal. Asked about the 1986 probe, he said: “I’ve nothing to say about that.
“The club are looking into all these things, so I’m quite happy about that.
“No, sorry about that. As I say I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything.”

We put it to Kelly the 1986 probe by Celtic FC had cleared Torbett and Cairney of any wrongdoing and that Celtic FC had then endorsed the pair by branding the claims as “scurrilous” and saying they should be “buried once and for all”.

Many of Torbett’s victims were abused after he had been cleared by Celtic FC. Kelly said: “I’m quite happy for the club to do whatever they have to do. Those who committed crimes are in jail and that’s where they should be. That’s all I’ve got to say.”

When we asked about his directorship of the Trophy Centre – Torbett’s company – he said: “I wasn’t a director.”
We put it to him that he has a legal listing as a director of the company.
He said: “Look, I’ve no knowledge of the past, I’m sorry about that.”
Asked if he had knowledge at the time of what was going on, Kelly said: “Not at all, I’d never have joined it if I knew that.

“A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”
Records show Kelly became a director of the Trophy Centre in October 1989. Torbett was first convicted of sexually abusing three boys in 1998 and jailed for two years. But Kelly remained a director of the Trophy Centre until 2005.

Boys’ club founder Torbett was jailed in November for six years. Former general manager Cairney was jailed in January for four years, fellow boys’ club coach and Celtic FC man Jim McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months, while former chairman Gerald King was convicted of preying on children at a Glasgow school, but avoided jail. Records also show that Kelly and Torbett were the sole directors of a now dissolved company – Panrole Ltd – set up in April 1991.
Helene Gray, 71, whose son Andrew was a victim of Torbett at Celtic Boys’ Club, said: “There are many who held authority who continue to deny and deflect from what my son and many other young boys suffered whilst in their care at Celtic Boys’ Club. Their silence and denial is sickening.”

Andrew died after an accident on holiday aged 41. His testimony helped convict Torbett.
Fecking lyin' bassa!!!

They can remember that one time in 1968 when Sellick should have had a throw in but the masonic referee didn't give them it. Yet they have a hard time remembering being a director of a company...

It's clear that all their thrown accusations about masonic conspiracies, the establishment and secret handshakes is just a psychological projection of themselves foisted onto us. They look for it in everyone else because it is at the centre of their whole being .

I wonder where they learned it from...

Another despicable old "bas***d doing what they do best, deny, deflect and LIE.
"I can't remember being a director of a company" and "the polis told me to keep quiet." Where do you even start with that?
There you are Police Scotland, an open goal!

What a pathetic lying bastard Kelly is

Why has it taken 21 years since Torbett was first convicted for the newspapers to ask Kelly for comment and question him on who knew about the abuse

If we had proper mhedia outlets Kelly and McGinn would have been pushed for comment at the time

Now this lying bastard is embarrassing by trying to go down the “I can’t remember” line

Scumbag

Why would the police say that ? That's a fucking lie more like your legal team has told you to say that.

For years it was also treated as a joke that Kelly and other directors were lying about attendances and lining their own pockets with money straight from the turnstiles.
These people will lie and lie to protect their own

WTAF.

Is he seriously saying that police officers have been guiding him as to how to avoid prosecution :eek: ?

If that’s true, a full Public Inquiry needs to examine the Police role in any possible cover up.

That’s an incredible thing to say in a public domain media quote.

Last edited:
The cops need to act on this before people start dying and taking their crimes to the grave.

Theres too many easy questions like that to ask which have to receive an answer.

Only a full and exhaustive Public Inquiry can get to the bottom of why it has taken the police and Celtic so long to act against the obvious paedophile ring going on at Celtic Park and Barrowfield and The USA

I found his quote "I'm quite happy with what's gone to the police and everything" very telling , and indeed quite chilling .

“The club are looking into all these things, so I’m quite happy about that."

"As I say I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything.”

I’m quite happy for the club to do whatever they have to do."

Only someone who is "quite happy" with paedophilie abuse could use this phrase three times when being asked about child abuse allegations.

Back