Kevin Kelly cannae mind

A question must be asked in the Scottish Parliament as to what the police told this scum what to say. This has gone to a new level and the justice minister must comment or resign.

That’s the type only choice they should have in this matter now , I believe they should be bypassed now , such is their part in the cover up .

There is no way the police would say stick to your statement. Clearly that's their lawyer who has told him to say that.

As for not remembering you were a director of trophy centre, come on, how long before he plays the dementia card?
'Too unwell to appear in court'....you can see that coming. I'm happy enough to let him have his age taken in to account when being sentenced.....not before though.

Wait a minute. He’s been told by the police to stick to his statement?? WTF? Surely if the police are telling him anything, it should be for him to tell the truth.
it’s quite easy to forget you are the director of a company btw, I do it regularly, sometimes a couple of times a week.
To be fair to him he was only at the trophy centre 19 years.
It’s easily forgotten.

We need an MP to raise this at Westminster

Wee Krankie and Useless have had long enough to act and address the scandal at the kid on parliament but no we get complete silence and denial from Scot Govt except Dornan who was calling people on Twitter “bigots” in Jan 2019 for people commenting on the child abuse and paedo ring at Parkpaed

Sounds a familiar stance doesn’t it !!!

Deny. Deflect. Lie

Repeat

What a sick country Scotland has become when protecting and covering up paedos and Nonce FC is more important than telling the truth and getting the victims justice an apology and proper compensation

This shouldn't be overlooked, it may not be progressing as quickly as some would like but it looks like we are moving on to a new phase of the slow roast.

For the lurkers, you are toast and you know it

Your grandchildren will be ashamed.

Their grandchildren, like Kevin Kelly will suffer from amnesia.
This matter was obviously not properly investigated by the police at the time with only Torbett actually being convicted.

If it's true that one of the 14 names on Gerry McSherry's list was a Policeman that would go a long way in explaining their part in the cover up.

This shouldn't be overlooked, it may not be progressing as quickly as some would like but it looks like we are moving on to a new phase of the slow roast.

For the lurkers, you are toast and you know it

Your grandchildren will be ashamed.
Ashamed of what mate they will all be bears or thistle fans ;)

Police Scotland are up to their necks in this and other child abuse let’s be honest.

I wouldn’t even doubt the suggestion that McSherry named a police officer, far more important figures in this country have known or enabled.

Can’t begin to imagine the scale of abuse and abusers we don’t and won’t know about.

FORMER Celtic chairman Kevin Kelly has claimed ignorance of his business links with Celtic Boys’ Club beast Jim Torbett.

And Kelly, who was vice-chairman of the club when it investigated and then cleared boys’ club “leaders” of any wrongdoing – and was also president of the boys’ club – has told the Daily Record he has “no knowledge of the past”.
Speaking for the first time since the abuse scandal emerged, he said he had no idea that beasts Torbett and Frank Cairney were preying on children over decades on his watch.

The Daily Record revealed last month details of a 1986 probe by the Celtic FC board into allegations of boys being taken to weekend tournaments that did not exist, boys being taken out socially and boys being late home from training.
It appeared to be at odds with Celtic’s claim that the boys’ club was “entirely separate” from Celtic FC and that the club had first learned of allegations against boys’ club predators in the 90s.

Four paedophiles from the boys’ club have been convicted in recent months of preying on children.

At the time of the 1986 probe, Kelly, now 81, was vice-chairman of Celtic FC, president of Celtic Boys’ Club and worked for Torbett at his Trophy Centre business.
When we visited Kelly at his home, he was reluctant to discuss the abuse scandal. Asked about the 1986 probe, he said: “I’ve nothing to say about that.
“The club are looking into all these things, so I’m quite happy about that.
“No, sorry about that. As I say I’m quite happy with what’s gone to the police and everything.”

We put it to Kelly the 1986 probe by Celtic FC had cleared Torbett and Cairney of any wrongdoing and that Celtic FC had then endorsed the pair by branding the claims as “scurrilous” and saying they should be “buried once and for all”.

Many of Torbett’s victims were abused after he had been cleared by Celtic FC. Kelly said: “I’m quite happy for the club to do whatever they have to do. Those who committed crimes are in jail and that’s where they should be. That’s all I’ve got to say.”

When we asked about his directorship of the Trophy Centre – Torbett’s company – he said: “I wasn’t a director.”
We put it to him that he has a legal listing as a director of the company.
He said: “Look, I’ve no knowledge of the past, I’m sorry about that.”
Asked if he had knowledge at the time of what was going on, Kelly said: “Not at all, I’d never have joined it if I knew that.

“A lot of it is conjecture and it’s taken the police a long time, and I’ve been told by the police to stick by my statement and not to talk to anyone else until it is all resolved.”
Records show Kelly became a director of the Trophy Centre in October 1989. Torbett was first convicted of sexually abusing three boys in 1998 and jailed for two years. But Kelly remained a director of the Trophy Centre until 2005.

Boys’ club founder Torbett was jailed in November for six years. Former general manager Cairney was jailed in January for four years, fellow boys’ club coach and Celtic FC man Jim McCafferty, 73, was jailed for six years and nine months, while former chairman Gerald King was convicted of preying on children at a Glasgow school, but avoided jail. Records also show that Kelly and Torbett were the sole directors of a now dissolved company – Panrole Ltd – set up in April 1991.
Helene Gray, 71, whose son Andrew was a victim of Torbett at Celtic Boys’ Club, said: “There are many who held authority who continue to deny and deflect from what my son and many other young boys suffered whilst in their care at Celtic Boys’ Club. Their silence and denial is sickening.”

Andrew died after an accident on holiday aged 41. His testimony helped convict Torbett.

Conigw8.gif

The ‘police told me to stick to my story’ line is bizarre.

Is he really contending that there’s been collusion between CFC and the constabulary?

Or is he simply saying that he’s been advised ahead of pending legal action to say nothing new?

Or . . . is he just ramping up the doddery senile old git facade to invalidate anything he does say?

what I'm asking is, is there anything apart from the Trophy centre and other business links tying them together. it is alright us thinking he's part of the alleged paedo ring but is there evidence to prove this.

It really doesn’t matter if he was or not.

( personally I doubt it although wouldn’t be surprised) but there’s already an astonishing amount of evidence to bury them for what went on already. What’s needed, what should now be DEMANDED is an in-depth and thorough investigation conducted by someone, anyone outside of septics circle of corruption. Joining the dots once all the evidence is gathered should be relatively straightforward thereafter.

There is no way the police would say stick to your statement. Clearly that's their lawyer who has told him to say that.

As for not remembering you were a director of trophy centre, come on, how long before he plays the dementia card?
Got to agree re the police.
A policeman investigating a crime is and telling a potential suspect to stick to his story is either part of the cover up or doesn’t care if he loses his job or not.
Neither seem likely to me.

Edit:
I should qualify this as my next post would look like it’s contradicting this one but here, I’m thinking of the ordinary constable not the higher up chaps and chapesses.

Last edited:
If it's true that one of the 14 names on Gerry McSherry's list was a Policeman that would go a long way in explaining their part in the cover up.

Has McSherrys list ever leaked publicly? I understand it wouldn't be responsible for the public to see a list of presumed guilty persons on hearsay however its clear now that the list should be investigated independently of any other investigation and by individuals not related to anyone on that list.

Given Lawwell's recent statement about their club's own internal investigation in the past year (the one that none of the victims or their legal representative seemed to know anything about) he now needs to be asked if Kevin Kelly was interviewed as part of it. Kevin Kelly would have been the very obvious person to interview as part of any internal inquiry. Lawwell needs to clarify if he was interviewed on the subject of the club's relationship with the Trophy Centre. They seemed to have given them a lot of money in past years.

https://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC087327/THE-TROPHY-CENTRE-LIMITED/companies-house-data

I've posted this before I don't think that the Trophy Centre was solely owned by Torbett, this is the first listing which clearly shows three names as directors of the company.

The first listed director stinks to high heaven.
Gerry McAleer, a former youth player under Torbett, dismissed any allegations against Torbett. McAleer was accused by the prosection of being “paid off” as he was, by that point, appointed business partner of Torbett at The Trophy Club.

MR GERALD MCALEER Director Jul 1956 10 Oct 1989-

Mr James Torbett Director Jun 1947 10 Oct 1989 30 Nov 2000

Mr Angus Yuile Company Secretary 10 Oct 1989 11 Oct 1991

Mr Kevin Kelly Director Dec 1937 10 Oct 1989 15 Aug 2005

Maybe some of the bears who use Twitter could ask our favourite police spokesman if he'd like to comment on Kelly's claims about what the police told him .....you know the guy who lied about us after Hampden a few years ago along with that cow from the record....can't remember his name.

Any Rangers fan who votes SNP should be ashamed of themselves.

SNP did a pact with the devil with Salmond deciding that demonising everything Unionist to gain the Catholic vote was essential to gaining Independence.

This pact has meant that the SNP have failed to undertake their duty to serve all their constituents.

Rangers Football Club must be the only club in UK where its local MP does nothing to assist one of the larger employers, an institution with a proud history that is in their constituency.

Contrast Salmond trying to assist Hearts with Nicola and Rangers.

When Rangers were being pillaged by Whyte then Green, Nicola uttered nothing and did nothing to protect our club.

Now with the biggest known paedophile ring in world football operating in Scotland for over 40 years, the SNP have failed to order a public enquiry.

You vote SNP, you vote to put Independence before Child Protection.

I think it’s time that the justice secretary should be asked to step aside and let a full investigation from another police force take place

There appears to be a culture of corruption bubbling underneath the surface of Scottish society.
One that takes its lead from the political class in Holyrood who seem incapable of separating their selfish political interests from their job of overseeing a modern liberal democracy where answering to the electorates requirements should be their first and foremost duty.

Sadly the big boys in Westminster seem unaware that they have allowed a banana republic to fester under their noses and one where political midgets are running wild and out of control.

When we see the sheer arrogant manner that allows evidence to be casually mislaid in major criminal cases to suit the political establishment and where the police are little better than goosestepping party members, we have to wake up.

Scotland is tumbling into a political crisis and at the very heart of this decay is Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish National Party.

Wake up before it is too late!

There appears to be a culture of corruption bubbling underneath the surface of Scottish society.
One that takes its lead from the political class in Holyrood who seem incapable of separating their selfish political interests from their job of overseeing a modern liberal democracy where answering to the electorates requirements should be their first and foremost duty.

Sadly the big boys in Westminster seem unaware that they have allowed a banana republic to fester under their noses and one where political midgets are running wild and out of control.

When we see the sheer arrogant manner that allows evidence to be casually mislaid in major criminal cases to suit the political establishment and where the police are little better than goosestepping party members, we have to wake up.

Scotland is tumbling into a political crisis and at the very heart of this decay is Nicola Sturgeon and the Scottish National Party.

Excellent post bilko.

Told to stick by his statement from the police? Ffs.. sickening! Police shouldn’t be saying anything to him about sticking to his statement.

Pity you weren't still working pal,you are again right as usual and when you see these SNP arseholes trying to fck everything up in Parliament under the guise "the people of Scotland" it really grips my shit.Toytown MP's that will never aspire to anything other than the childish fckers that they already are and allow the festering to continue in Scotland while doing nothing about it as it may lose them the catholic vote,fkn sickens me,not one bastarding honest c-unt amongst them.How they can sleep at night knowing they are doing nothing and in the past have and are still turning a blind eye to child abuse is beyond me and all to keep the name of their club above the parapet.Fck ever single one of them and ffs don't get me started on the so called Justice Minister.

The cops need to act on this before people start dying and taking their crimes to the grave.

Theres too many easy questions like that to ask which have to receive an answer.

It appears that is what the authorities, or Scottish Government would like to see happen.

It is a national disgrace.

These monsters have been allowed to live their lives, not a life of misery their victims were subjected to.

Back