Combined Ibrox Improvements Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about the other panelling that runs along the back wall of the stand? Noticed over the weekend that's still in place and the concrete hasnt yet been washed? Also huge scaffold in place infront of the Copland road stand next to the pitch?

I was in the Thornton Suite on Saturday at the Erskine Loyal 20th Anniversary dinner dance and there's work being done around the area just now...don't know what unfortunately.

I really see that as one of the last things to be done . I also think it would be nice when it is done to incorporate some red , black and white seats as well to brighten it up a bit .
Maybe have a Rangers FC made out of
white seats along the Sandy Jardine or something along the lines.

Someone get down there for some pictures!!!!
Hopefully we announce a big name signing that requires the stadium to be opened ALA the Gazza signing and we’ll get a glimpse then! God I hate the close season!!!!

There's no doubt the new sheets look better, although I have said before there are many other specifications of cladding out there that would have looked better than simple corrugated sheets, even going with an opaque sheet would mean you don't see the secondary steel work coming through.

Still an improvement none the less.

I was looking at it the other day and I still think it looks shite because you can still see the steelwork through it. Not as shite as it did look, so less shite, but still shite.

I was at the Buffet yesterday, looked out and there’s a lot of scaffolding internally in the Copland. I also thought that the pitch was coming along but needs more sun it’s a bit thin at the moment. Good growing weather required before qualifiers.

I lay the rubber crumb and it gets layed on self draing asphalt, so hoefully the asphalt is only base coat.

Sure you'll be right. Can't imagine players sliding off the pitch onto asphalt.
Red blaes style injuries, a thing of the past.

Is that still being dug out mate ? What are we getting as a track I was hoping for similar to filbert street

Certainly hope it’s not asphalt , I know it’s a bit softer than concrete or tarmac but I can’t see it looking near what we want it to look like as you say
Filbert street is lovely and the trackside blends in really well with the rest of the stadium and looks classy. What they dug up was asphalt with a layer of rubber stuff on top stuck to the asphalt,so would imagine the track will be replaced like for like as it's very hard wearing and lasts for years.

From one of the pictures i posted you can see they stopped just short of the end of the main stand at the Broomloan end and i'm unsure if they just stopped for the day or that is where the digging will stop,can't see it though as that is also part of the track with the blue rubber material,most if not all of the other 3 sides of the track has now been dug up and levelled in preparation to lay the new stuff.

I can see why the club may have decided to just replace like for like as it it more or less maintenance free and last's for years and over time cheaper than perhaps doing the ground work and replacing astroturf every few years,but the club may look at it as it's simply a track round the pitch that serves just one purpose of people walking on it.

Personally I would have liked to see the whole track done similar to Filbert street with the astroturf in blue as i think it would look smashing at Ibrox.

Sometimes with things like this i wish those running the club would integrate with the support on what we would like to see done as is the example of the relaying of the track,after all it's our club also and many of us are also shareholders.

The track will look nice when it's down,but in my opinion it's old tech and just saving money by not replacing it with modern astroturf which is available in a nice blue,but if the club is saving money from this and the money they are saving is being spent on doing other things around the stadium and improving it,I'm happy with that.

Broomloan outside has been completed,Inside panels are still there and work next starts on the Copland side,re-cladding of the Copland roof is ongoing and LED lighting being fitted.

I also think the interior cladding of the sides of the Broomloan and Copland are being done in stages,so might not be completed for a while yet and the Copland interior panels couldn't be done anyway until the roof work is completed,It took them over two weeks just to do half of the Broomloan exterior cladding.

Slowly but surely getting there bit by bit.

Broomloan outside has been completed,Inside panels are still there and work next starts on the Copland side,re-cladding of the Copland roof is ongoing and LED lighting being fitted.

I also think the interior cladding of the sides of the Broomloan and Copland are being done in stages,so might not be completed for a while yet and the Copland interior panels couldn't be done anyway until the roof work is completed,It took them over two weeks just to do half of the Broomloan exterior cladding.

Slowly but surely getting there bit by bit.

Cheers for info.

Any idea what we are replacing the blue carpet track with around the park?

Like for like?

F45-B509-D-5-FCF-4-D1-C-8211-A2-AB42762-C42.jpg

9-FFB7-BFC-7-FF6-46-D4-8-EB7-60-ED2-AD49-B7-E.jpg

78-B15-E3-F-D32-E-48-AB-A2-E4-022-E36-A7-C01-A.jpg

1-BF8-F7-FE-C58-B-4-DD1-A947-05-DA926-EA753.jpg

Rehosted pics.

Filbert street is lovely and the trackside blends in really well with the rest of the stadium and looks classy. What they dug up was asphalt with a layer of rubber stuff on top stuck to the asphalt,so would imagine the track will be replaced like for like as it's very hard wearing and lasts for years.

From one of the pictures i posted you can see they stopped just short of the end of the main stand at the Broomloan end and i'm unsure if they just stopped for the day or that is where the digging will stop,can't see it though as that is also part of the track with the blue rubber material,most if not all of the other 3 sides of the track has now been dug up and levelled in preparation to lay the new stuff.

I can see why the club may have decided to just replace like for like as it it more or less maintenance free and last's for years and over time cheaper than perhaps doing the ground work and replacing astroturf every few years,but the club may look at it as it's simply a track round the pitch that serves just one purpose of people walking on it.

Personally I would have liked to see the whole track done similar to Filbert street with the astroturf in blue as i think it would look smashing at Ibrox.

Sometimes with things like this i wish those running the club would integrate with the support on what we would like to see done as is the example of the relaying of the track,after all it's our club also and many of us are also shareholders.

The track will look nice when it's down,but in my opinion it's old tech and just saving money by not replacing it with modern astroturf which is available in a nice blue,but if the club is saving money from this and the money they are saving is being spent on doing other things around the stadium and improving it,I'm happy with that.

Great post m8 seems we can forget about filbert street or our crest on the track either .

I suppose maybe the board decided it’s unnecessary extra cost .

Was in the stadium after the founders trail on Sunday. Track in tunnel and front of main stand has defo been dug up. No hybrid pitch due to time constraints before the new season. It’s purely grass and a bit patchy at present due to the recent rain.

Great post m8 seems we can forget about filbert street or our crest on the track either .

I suppose maybe the board decided it’s unnecessary extra cost .
End of the day it's a track around the pitch and nothing else,absolutely no point spending loads of money on something that would be nothing more than nicer to look at but served no purpose other than that.

I'm sure most of us all have great ideas of what we would want to spend money on,but the club has to work within budget and that money has to be spread around to fix,repair or replace other things in the stadium.

Replacing like for like for the track is common sense when looking at the outlay for it and the years it will last with next to no maintenance,I just hope this time it will be cleaned once in a while,previously it was just left and never cleaned in all the years it had been down.

When visitors walk around the stadium they should see a stadium that is well maintained with no flaking paint and things that look like they haven't been touched for years,It should be pristine.

To put into perspective the size of the stadium,there is only one guy on the stadium maintenance team responsible for all the painting and decorating and he does a great job under the circumstances.

Agreed. This is a key point and something where I feel this group of directors have a lot of improvement to make.

3C00AC4F-45E8-4A75-BAA4-A18AA68C9AC0_zpshc35al6w.jpg

AC4A6B79-D13D-436F-97E7-D0152A49EDAC_zps5jbh0gyd.jpg

i think the first photo is the top of the stands on the inside being replaced and strengthened to avoid what happened a couple of seasons ago when a section of the govan front had to be removed at half time due to safety issues.

Also note the blue pitch bordering has been removed, I didn’t get a photo but it had been lifted right up into the tunnel and beyond.

3C00AC4F-45E8-4A75-BAA4-A18AA68C9AC0_zpshc35al6w.jpg

AC4A6B79-D13D-436F-97E7-D0152A49EDAC_zps5jbh0gyd.jpg

i think the first photo is the top of the stands on the inside being replaced and strengthened to avoid what happened a couple of seasons ago when a section of the govan front had to be removed at half time due to safety issues.

Also note the blue pitch bordering has been removed, I didn’t get a photo but it had been lifted right up into the tunnel and beyond.
Cheers op , ive been champing at the bit to see the inner sanctum of heaven again, canny wait till we are pumping the tims and the place is rocking again

I'm old and grumpy and I hate celtc and I live in Canada but I remember watching the spaces in the celtc end when we were winning and they were fighting with each other. I still call it the celtc end and the Copeland Road end, the RANGERS end. So, sue me you young punks.
It was rightly or WRONGLY known as the ce***c end,when it was the old terracing. this seemed to change when it became all seated,and became the Broomloan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back