Erin Cuthbert is a bear

Erin is a Hiberno-English derivative of the Irish word "Éirinn". ... In this context, along with Hibernia, Erin is the name given to the female personification of Ireland, but the name was rarely used as a given name, probably because no saints, queens, or literary figures were ever called Erin.

As a large & loyal chunk of our support travel from Ireland, I claim 'Erin' for our queen!

Erin is a Hiberno-English derivative of the Irish word "Éirinn". ... In this context, along with Hibernia, Erin is the name given to the female personification of Ireland, but the name was rarely used as a given name, probably because no saints, queens, or literary figures were ever called Erin.

As a large & loyal chunk of our support travel from Ireland, I claim 'Erin' for our queen!

Back in 1988 when my youngest daughter was born the good lady wanted to name her Erin, she was outvoted!

I quite like the name Erin, don't ruin it for me mate!

Out of interest, what are some staunch ladies names?

Don’t know mate. Brigtonetta ? :D

No but nearly every real Tim tends to call their girls Kerry or Erin or Shannon in Glasgow.

It’s like Greg for boys. Haven’t met a Tim called Greg.

Unbelievable that the majority of posts on this thread is grown men arguing about the lassies name ffs, embarrassing.
Her old man is a proddy from northern Ireland and here he has Scottish people on this thread telling him the difference between Irish catholic & proddy names.

Unbelievable that the majority of posts on this thread is grown men arguing about the lassies name ffs, embarrassing.
Her old man is a proddy from northern Ireland and here he has Scottish people on this thread telling him the difference between Irish catholic & proddy names.

Apologies for the attempt at humour mate. Anything else we can’t joke about ?

Back