Belgium v Scotland

The likes of Northern Ireland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland often pick up points in these types of games.

Scotland, meanwhile, seem to take satisfaction for 'putting in a performance' and losing.

Away against the team ranked no 1 in the rankings? When did NI last pick up points against a team like that?

Each to their own mate, but if you’re happy to cheer on a squad full of mentally challengeds and Rangers haters, followed by a support who despise you, then batter in.

I couldn't care less about the tartan army element of the support and there's always been Celtic players in the squad, it's not a new thing.

Anyway......an expected result after all.

gn924.png

What a dreadful shower of dross. Burke must be one of the worst ever to get a cap. Not one player would get into the Rangers team.

That was the most defensive Scotland team I have seen since Leveins 4 6 0 formation.

Will Scotland fans slag Clarke or he still a hero for taking offence to Rangers fans songs?

Tom tim English...rest assured, if this was Big Eck in charge he wouldn't be so complimentary, the absolute fud.

Scotland defended as well as they could. They played as well as they could. But Scotland, with all of their players at 100%, couldn't beat this lot. They've got too much class. And they're going to beat better teams than Scotland 3-0. Scotland need to move on now and I think, in a year's time, Scotland will look a bit different, they'll have more confidence under Steve Clarke

The likes of Northern Ireland, Wales and the Republic of Ireland often pick up points in these types of games.

Scotland, meanwhile, seem to take satisfaction for 'putting in a performance' and losing.

Scotland are probably the only side who never throw up a surprise and consistently disappoint.

There wasn’t any acceptance of the Kazakstan result.

What's changed?

Kazakhstan was just another example of dropped points to lesser sides when the other home nations (and Ireland) go and win those games.

We've seen Wales beat Belgium and the RoI take 4pts off of Germany in qualification. We never do that. It's just a shrug of the shoulders and 'we couldn't really be expected to take anything'...

A cycle of failure. An acceptance of failure.

Back