SFA announce Chair to independent Wellbeing and Protection Advisory Report

I get back to Ayrshire 2-3 times a year, and as soon as im back , sectarian bigotry is rife. You can feel it everywhere. Its an undercurrent that runs deep and far. I quite frankly cant wait to get back to be honest. Its vile and makes you sick no matter what level its on. Casual Bigotry everywhere, just like on here. Thats what I was getting at. Yes we have the right to ask questions, but Wheres she fae? Is she a tim? Cant you guys see that!!?? Anybody that still isnt in the goldfish bowl of Scotland reads some of these and thinks some of the people on here are no better that the people that theyre on here moaning about. I think you'll find this it isnt just Scotland thats corrupt mate, the whole bloody worlds corrupt. Theyres been Catholic cults going on all over the world for decades/centuries , tell me something i dont know, and theyve been doing the same cover up sweep sweep sweep, its par for the course. You could compare your argument to the Grooming Gangs in England (Mainly muslim) Why have these took so long? Whos involved? And the big question? Why was that all sweep sweep sweep aswell, beacuse theyre scared of loosing the muslim vote. Its the exact same principle. Maybe i should rephrase it. Its unreal that people are shouting, is she a tim, wheres she fae, whos her family, and slating her for being Catholic. That my friend is Bigotry. should we really be allowing that on our own forum. To any outsider its not a good look.

Tell you what. Come back to anywhere in the West of Scotland to live amongst the ' diaspora ' and you will quickly realise you have nothing in common with them and will want nothing whatsoever to do with them on any level.
And that is not bigotry, it is just plain common sense.

Is that a blanket view on the Irish diaspora then? Are you stating that because theyre from another land you should have nothing to do with them what so ever?

Is that a blanket view on the Irish diaspora then? Are you stating that because theyre from another land you should have nothing to do with them what so ever?

They're not from another land but kid on they are as you well know. I've now lived in Edinburgh for the last 10 years and it is way different to the West. The Catholic population of the city tend not to support terrorists and murderers, they tend to be free to choose whatever football team they want to support, I have met Catholics here who are in the freemasons and British Legion. In 50 years of living in the South side of Glasgow however, I never met one of them who showed similar traits. The one thing that struck me about Edinburgh was that the local Catholics seemed quite normal people .

Last edited:
Ok, small example.. 3 months ago. Just got to Prestwick , took the dog down the beach. Throwing the ball, another dog owner came along. my dog took his ball, Igot the ball back off my dog and gave it back to the chap. Who was probably in his 60's.
Opening words were, Aye Son yer dogs picked it up because its an orange ball Pal hes no daft. Knew fine well what he was on about but said, what do you mean mate? He launched into Aye cannae beat an orange ball, I'll no have anything else for my dugg. its gotta be Proddy Orange for me. I casaully laughed then he launched into the usual, you'll no see me in any 19th Century Terrorist colours or my dugg, not even his baw . Id been there 2 mins and had a random guy coming out with that. I just said right your are pal and walked off. How trivial or small you might think that story , its just a small example of what Scotlands like. Are you honestly trying to say that its not rife in the West Coast of Scotland /Ayrshire?

I’ve never ever had a conversation with a strange like that and I’ve lived in West / Central Scotland my whole life.

If groups of people sing and glorify the death of women and children as well as the hatred of this country, then any normal person would want nothing to do with them.

Ok, small example.. 3 months ago. Just got to Prestwick , took the dog down the beach. Throwing the ball, another dog owner came along. my dog took his ball, Igot the ball back off my dog and gave it back to the chap. Who was probably in his 60's.
Opening words were, Aye Son yer dogs picked it up because its an orange ball Pal hes no daft. Knew fine well what he was on about but said, what do you mean mate? He launched into Aye cannae beat an orange ball, I'll no have anything else for my dugg. its gotta be Proddy Orange for me. I casaully laughed then he launched into the usual, you'll no see me in any 19th Century Terrorist colours or my dugg, not even his baw . Id been there 2 mins and had a random guy coming out with that. I just said right your are pal and walked off. How trivial or small you might think that story , its just a small example of what Scotlands like. Are you honestly trying to say that its not rife in the West Coast of Scotland /Ayrshire?
How did he know you were a proddy? Some random auld bloke just came out with that?? Find that hard to believe tbh.

As soon as i step back out of Scotland , the whole Catholic Protestant thing barely shows its head. You dont really hear people going on about huns, tims, 19th Century Terrorists, freemasons and all that. Thats my point, As soon as you hit Scotland again its there. Ive lived in several places in the U.K and Europe but its never more apparent when I get to the West Coast and it will never change.

As soon as i step back out of Scotland , the whole Catholic Protestant thing barely shows its head. You dont really hear people going on about huns, tims, 19th Century Terrorists, freemasons and all that. Thats my point, As soon as you hit Scotland again its there. Ive lived in several places in the U.K and Europe but its never more apparent when I get to the West Coast and it will never change.

What has freemasonry got to do with it???

you've just made that up, haven't you ?

What I find strange about all this rife religious strife, is you only appear to present it as a one way street.

For instance would you care to explain why the stadium owned by the most virulently anti-British organisation in British sport was awarded the opening ceremony of the 2014 British and Commonwealth Games?

Can you explain why there hasn't been a Protestant, Rangers supporting Glasgow Lord Provost in nearly half a century?

As I said earlier, stick to rowing and less crowing, that way you'd be doing us all a favour.

You're going on about it though, almost as if you're trying to derail the thread.

How did he know you were a proddy? Some random auld bloke just came out with that?? Find that hard to believe tbh.
He had no idea who I was, In fact i dont even call myself a Protestant. Im not interested in any of that. Never have been, never will be. Just some a random old guy walking his dog. Probably a cantankerous old fart judging by his opening line. In his mind it might of been good banter/humour but id literally got out the car after a long drive and the 1st thing that came out his mouth was his desire to mention the colour of the ball. I knew exactly what he was meaning, kind of laughed along and said right your pal. Then it was Aye you'll no see me with anything green on, no even on my dugg. I just thought to myself. Nothing changes. Only in Scotland would someone come out with patter like that. I doubt it would have been said if i was walking down Great Yarmouth beach thats for sure.

And your point is? I’ll tell you what’s up with you. Going by your posts here and on other threads I’m thinking you’ve forgot where you come from. You come on FF and look down your nose at people. I live in England now and people like you come down here and lose their accent within a year and talk badly about Scotland. If it’s that bad for you then don’t come back. You won’t be missed.
I’ll tell the old boy on the beach wae his sectarian dug that you were asking for him.

What I find strange about all this rife religious strife, is you only appear to present it as a one way street.

For instance would you care to explain why the stadium owned by the most virulently anti-British organisation in British sport was awarded the opening ceremony of the 2014 British and Commonwealth Games?

Can you explain why there hasn't been a Protestant, Rangers supporting Glasgow Lord Provost in nearly half a century?

As I said earlier, stick to rowing and less crowing, that way you'd be doing us all a favour.
Im not religious in any way, im not protestant , im not catholic. Im just myself. I dont care for any of it. I watch the football and that its.

How does hun equate with tims or 19th Century Terrorists?

The filth relate and refer to themselves as tims and 19th Century Terrorists.

I've yet to meet a Protestant/Rangers fan who refers to himself as a hun.

So come on Mr University town, give us the wealth of your education.

That'll be 10 seconds of my life I won't be getting back.

How does hun equate with tims or 19th Century Terrorists?

The filth relate and refer to themselves as tims and 19th Century Terrorists.

I've yet to meet a Protestant/Rangers fan who refers to himself as a hun.

So come on Mr University town, give us the wealth of your education.

That'll be 10 seconds of my life I won't be getting back.
Like ive said i was born in Irvine, what the feck has university town got to do with it. Its actually a City by the way

You missed out the filth's favourite description of us......' Orange bastards '

I think its more of a case of i really loosing the will to interact with a prick like you
Oh there it is. Now the true colours are coming out. Your on the wrong forum imo. I think you should go and take your views to their forum. You’ll get a few likes on there.

Just scanned through it and, as might be expected, it's all very generalised. There is absolutely nothing that would hold Celtic FC or the SFA to account.

One recommendation, though, suggests that sponsors contribute to a fund that would offer 'support and assistance' to those who have experienced abuse in Scottish football.

This should surely be the responsibility of the club or organisation in question.

RECOMMENDATION 94
The Independent Review recommends that the Scottish FA and clubs and organisations in Scottish football consider the establishment of a permanent testimonial to the experiences of and impact on those affected including consideration of the creation of a fund which might underwrite support and assistance for those who have been personally affected by sexual abuse in Scottish football and indeed those in Scottish football who are experiencing other mental health challenges and issues. The Review sees no reason why this might not also be contributed to or underwritten by commercial donation and sponsorship.

I thought these points might be important.

1.10 Consequently, the Review cannot, for the purposes of this Interim Report, answer the specific questions set by the Terms of Reference “Who in Scottish Football knew of these alleged instances of sexual abuse at the time or subsequently?; what did they know? and what was done?”. Our findings in relation to these questions are now reserved for the Final Report. Essentially these questions and our conclusions concern issues of direct accountability and responsibility which we still strongly believe must still be aired to ensure lessons are learned and the serious concerns of those affected and those of the wider public are addressed.

1.16 In the process of our consideration of allegations of non-recent sexual abuse we requested access to records relating to these alleged events or any other relevant information held. No football Club was able to furnish the Review with records pertaining to either individuals or to decisions made or knowledge held at the Club at that time. This therefore creates gaps in our wider understanding of how concerns were dealt with and the outcomes of any attempt to address these. These issues are dealt with directly in the Final Report and not within this Interim Report. However, one senior club, following an internal review in 2016, did provide the Review with information concerning their findings and records of this internal review.

2.49 The ‘bystander’ effect has been a significant and prominent issue related to how sexual abuse has been viewed and dealt with according to the accounts of those who have come forward.

2.50 It is clear from many accounts provided that other people had observations, information or direct experiences leading them to have some level of suspicion – sometimes considerable – about behaviours which constituted potential risk to young people within a club. This included young players being ‘warned’ by older boys to avoid certain adults or accounts of other adults being present when clearly inappropriate and concerning sexual language and behaviour was used by other adults with young players. Commonly when this was the case such circumstances were ‘neutralised’ by ‘humorous’ banter having the effect of further adding to the determination of the young player concerned to remain silent. Additionally, it had the effect of ‘normalising’ this conduct within the club context and desensitising all young players further. Young players apparently had no recourse to question or to ‘check out’ their concerns with each other or with adults burdening young people with a sense of responsibility and complicity.

2.51 Where silence persists the conduct of those who pose a risk to young people is emboldened since this is taken as implying that such behaviour can continue with impunity and with little possibility of detection or challenge.

Decisions to leave football

2.54 Sadly, many who have made allegations of sexual abuse in football eventually made the decision to leave the game as a direct consequence of the experiences they described to the Review. However, the Review has also learned of situations where young players were apparently still pursued with the alleged abuser continuing to exploit relationships with parents and family as a means to continuing abusive activity with a young player.

2.55 It has been noted with particular concern by the Review that a number of talented young footballers inexplicably and suddenly stopped playing at the time yet no-one from the coaching or managerial staff of the club made any attempt to establish with them the reasons for this. Had this been done, it is not to say that the young player would have been any more likely to have spoken out about their experiences, but it certainly would have provided an opportunity for them to do so and indicated a clear and ongoing duty of care on the part of the club.

2.56 It was a feature of the information provided to the Review that young players considered themselves viewed primarily as 'potential assets' rather than individual young people with different needs, hopes and aspirations. Where one young player left a club, they were simply replaced with another equally talented player. It is evident that this would be strikingly apparent to other young players remaining at the club and again would contribute to ensuring a culture of silence for those who may have been experiencing abuse themselves. For those with continuing aspirations to a career in professional football the message was apparent ….. they either had to endure what was happening or leave. If they chose to leave this was not sufficiently important for anyone at the club to care or to listen.

No im not, im just replying to all your responses
I’ve watched you try to derail a few threads. Quite a few of us have. An auld guy on the beach wae an orange ball?? And a sectarian dug? That’s a story you’ll get away with down in university town. Not up here.
And to call wee bud a prick then that’s what’s riled me again wae you. As for the forum conversation, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Your just looking for a reaction on every thread you go on. As said before. You stick to your rowing son.

I’ve watched you try to derail a few threads. Quite a few of us have. An auld guy on the beach wae an orange ball?? And a sectarian dug? That’s a story you’ll get away with down in university town. Not up here.
And to call wee bud a prick then that’s what’s riled me again wae you. As for the forum conversation, you know exactly what I’m talking about. Your just looking for a reaction on every thread you go on. As said before. You stick to your rowing son.
you can believe it or not, i couldnt give a monkeys. It genuinely happened. I havent tried to derail this at all, its just gone off on a tangent, quite sometime ago. And when your continually suggesting im talking shit and that its a made up story and to tell round town, i'll keep replying. Did i ever say his dog was sectarian? No lol The man was bigot . Not his dog ffs , when did i ever say that

you can believe it or not, i couldnt give a monkeys. It genuinely happened. I havent tried to derail this at all, its just gone off on a tangent, quite sometime ago. And when your continually suggesting im talking shit and that its a made up story and to tell round town, i'll keep replying. Did i ever say his dog was sectarian? No lol The man was bigot . Not his dog ffs , when did i ever say that
You made the story up. That’s what I’m saying. I suggest you stop talking shite on such an important thread also.

You made the story up. That’s what I’m saying. I suggest you stop talking shite on such an important thread also.
Well your wrong. People may disagree with my views opinions. Fair enough. But if your trying to say im lying, ill stand my ground on it all day. I got out the car, randomly bumped into what turned out to be a cantankerous bigotted old fart. He had one of them Orange/Blue Nerf balls. Mine nicked it , i gave it back , said sorry and his 1st line one was, how ever tongue in cheek he though he was saying it About how you cannae beat an orange ball. i'll no have any other colour for my dugg. Then kind of jokingly said you'll no see me in any green pal, i kinda laughed it off with him, then he went into his spiel about 19th Century Terrorist this , scum that. I thought right your are, walked off and thought to myself. Welcome back to Scotland.

No im not, im just replying to all your responses
Cambridge, tried to read this thread and all I see is your many off topic comments, why don’t you start your own thread and argue with folks there and tell your beach story.
Then I can read what I want to read and ignore what I don’t.
PS. Don’t reply to this, I won’t be wasting anymore time.

Cambridge, tried to read this thread and all I see is your many off topic comments, why don’t you start your own thread and argue with folks there and tell your beach story.
Then I can read what I want to read and ignore what I don’t.
PS. Don’t reply to this, I won’t be wasting anymore time.
i didnt come on here to tell my beach story, someone asked give an example, and thats just that. Now im being told im full of shite, it never happened etc

Well your wrong. People may disagree with my views opinions. Fair enough. But if your trying to say im lying, ill stand my ground on it all day. I got out the car, randomly bumped into what turned out to be a cantankerous bigotted old fart. He had one of them Orange/Blue Nerf balls. Mine nicked it , i gave it back , said sorry and his 1st line one was, how ever tongue in cheek he though he was saying it About how you cannae beat an orange ball. i'll no have any other colour for my dugg. Then kind of jokingly said you'll no see me in any green pal, i kinda laughed it off with him, then he went into his spiel about 19th Century Terrorist this , scum that. I thought right your are, walked off and thought to myself. Welcome back to Scotland.

So in this hostile sectarian land of ours you keep reminding us about, a complete stranger engages in a conversation with you about his dog and good old proddie orange and big bad 19th Century Terrorists ?
Er, wouldn’t that be a bit risky for someone to open out like that to a complete stranger like you in this hostile sectarian land you keep telling us about:

So in this hostile sectarian land of ours you keep reminding us about, a complete stranger engages in a conversation with you, a complete stranger to him, about his dog and good old proddie orange and big bad 19th Century Terrorists ?
Er, wouldn’t that be a bit risky for someone to open out like that to a complete stranger like you in this hostile sectarian land you keep telling us about:
They guy was in his late 60's probably 70's i dont think he even knew , what he was coming across like. completely oblivious to it. In his head he probably thought he was being funny with good patter, like i said i just walked off and thought. Welcome back to Scotland

The sweep sweep begins. Key word in this seems to be ADVISORY Board. It looks like this is going to look at what safeguards are in place at the moment against sexual abuse , and advise accordingly as to how things can be tightened further. This looks like a sop to the demand for justice for the victims of sex abuse at a particular Scottish club. Yes, we’re seen to be doing something about it so nothing like that ever happens again. And of course takes the focus away from one club. Wouldn’t surprise me if they commended the tims for what they have in place at present given the outcry )

I’m not interested in that but let’s look at the facts. You can’t blame people for asking these questions. To set up this today with representatives from the SFA is completely wrong imo. It has to be an independent body. It would be in any other country. But with SFA involvement says to me that maybe they know an inquiry is on its way and they are trying to make themselves look as if they are doing something. Remember Lawell sits on this board. Like you stated they haven’t mentioned anything about the past crimes. But you can’t blame people for thinking there is a problem here. Do you agree with me that if the snp weren’t in government then the inquiry would have already started? Our wee country is corrupt with this government. You also mentioned in a previous thread that you were against the Royal family. I’m not having a go at you Cambridge but I think you may have to come home a bit more often to actually realise what is going on. Anywhere else in the world where the catholic cult has been proved for child abuse they have been brought before the courts. Why not here? I know the answer. Votes before people. And because we have the problem of Irish republicanism in the West of Scotland then they will always vote for anything that is against the union. The snp rely on that. There are a lot of people that know their stuff on FF. Don’t call them unreal pal.

You sir are a credit to this board, cap doffed in your direction.

So in this hostile sectarian land of ours you keep reminding us about, a complete stranger engages in a conversation with you about his dog and good old proddie orange and big bad 19th Century Terrorists ?
He didnt specifically come over to me and start engaging with that patter. It was totally random and the only reason we spoke was becasuse i returned his dogs ball, otherwise we would have just walked passed each other no doubt with maybe a passing hello. He might of thought it was patter or as suggested oblivious to how he was, i just thought bigotted old twat and walked off and thought nothing changes round here. Its that really that hard to believe or understand. Id did actually have a laugh to myself as i walked off and it genuinely feels like nothings changed.

Only on FF could we go from child abuse to a sectarian dug on a beach. This place fries my brain sometimes.

He didnt specifically come over to me and start engaging with that patter. It was totally random and the only reason we spoke was becasuse i returned his dogs ball, otherwise we would have just walked passed each other no doubt with maybe a passing hello. He might of thought it was patter or as suggested oblivious to how he was, i just thought bigotted old twat and walked off and thought nothing changes round here. Its that really that hard to believe or understand. Id did actually have a laugh to myself as i walked off and it genuinely feels like nothings changed.
I know you were asked to give an example and I’m sure you must have loads of stories which have led you to your conclusions. Yet this would be at odds with Prof. Tom Devine ( from a Catholic background himself ) who in reply to claims made in the press and by certain local politicians of anti catholic and Irish sectarianism, says that sectarianism in Scotland is on its death bed. He found very little evidence of it and while conceding it existed, was nowhere near the problem many would have us believe.
I wonder if what little exists may be eradicated by stopping sectarian schools ?

Only on FF could we go from child abuse to a sectarian dug on a beach. This place fries my brain sometimes.
I want to meet this sectarian dug. Does it wear a sash instead of a collar? And it will only play with an orange and blue baw? Ffs. Sectarian dugs...,To be viewed only in Scotland :oops:

Aw I’ve seen some crackers on FF. But from child abuse to a sectarian dug. Wtf? I’m sat here pissing myself laughing when you posted that.

Back