Belgium v Scotland

That’s the thing, the guys at the top never change, and thus neither will results. Even shite teams like Ireland can take points from the likes of Belgium, teams that aren’t very good can cause upsets. Not Scotland though, they show absolute consistency in their shiteness.

The one consolation is that the rest of Scotland have treated Rangers so appallingly that I no longer find Scotland defeats upsetting, dare I say I actually find myself smirking at them now.

The thing for me looking at Scotland is the decline in the quality of players over the last 20 years.

You’re playing Belgium with Mulgrew and McKenna as centre backs. There’s no manager with a hope in hell of getting a result with that.

Go back to the 90s Scotland squads were much stronger, particularly at the back Scotland teams used to concede very few goals. Go back further than that and Scotland had more than a few genuine top class players.

The thing for me looking at Scotland is the decline in the quality of players over the last 20 years.

You’re playing Belgium with Mulgrew and McKenna as centre backs. There’s no manager with a hope in hell of getting a result with that.

Go back to the 90s Scotland squads were much stronger, particularly at the back Scotland teams used to concede very few goals. Go back further than that and Scotland had more than a few genuine top class players.

I wonder if there’s a link between the culture, particularly the culture of drinking and poor diet. It feels like as conditioning and sports science have become ever more important in the sport we’ve gotten steadily worse.

That won’t be all of it, much of it will be down to the clueless arseholes who run the game up here, but I’ll bet the culture does play some part.

I wonder if there’s a link between the culture, particularly the culture of drinking and poor diet. It feels like as conditioning and sports science have become ever more important in the sport we’ve gotten steadily worse.

That won’t be all of it, much of it will be down to the clueless arseholes who run the game up here, but I’ll bet the culture does play some part.

I don’t think these things are any better in NI and Wales and they have a similar standard of players to 20 years ago. So it looks to me like the clueless arseholes who are running the game that need looked at.

Scotland did Brilliant tonight when you consider that we had two FB's from killie and the twat that is mckenna from the sheep and thom diddy from the filth now at blackburn,

A 3- nil defeat away from home to the Number One Side In The Whole WORLD, c'mon, get REAL you folk.

Scotland did Brilliant tonight when you consider that we had two FB's from killie and the twat that is mckenna from the sheep and thom diddy from the filth now at blackburn,

A 3- nil defeat away from home to the Number One Side In The Whole WORLD, c'mon, get REAL you folk.

Belgium are an outstanding team no doubt about it. But they weren’t much better than Scotland 10 years ago. Scotland have gone from the likes of Gough to the likes of Mulgrew at the back over the past couple of decades, that’s a brutal decline in quality.

Belgium are an outstanding team no doubt about it. But they weren’t much better than Scotland 10 years ago. Scotland have gone from the likes of Gough to the likes of Mulgrew at the back over the past couple of decades, that’s a brutal decline in quality.

Just need to look at the head to heads.................... we have ALWAYS Been, Behind Belgium tbh.

So, for those that watched it - did O’Donnell deserve the highest rating for any Scotland player, as per the Evening Tims ratings?
It seems on here he was shite and every game I’ve ever seen the guy play he’s been awful.

As Messi would say 'Clarke puts the anti into anti-football - big style.' It's his only tactic. All Belgium had to do was turn up to get a win, and that's all they did.
Still as long as the know-nothing Scottish media are happy, then all is well on fantasy island.

A team full of Rangers haters managed by a Rangers hater. Each to their own but I genuinely can't fathom how a Bear could want that team to win just because they happen to have come from the same wee bit of land.

(I should add - I'm not saying anyone is less of a Bear for doing so, more that it's just something I don't personally understand.)

What's changed?

Kazakhstan was just another example of dropped points to lesser sides when the other home nations (and Ireland) go and win those games.

We've seen Wales beat Belgium and the RoI take 4pts off of Germany in qualification. We never do that. It's just a shrug of the shoulders and 'we couldn't really be expected to take anything'...

A cycle of failure. An acceptance of failure.

it isn't really true to say Scotland never do that - in recent years they have drew with England, fell just short against Germany, beat Croatia away - not often, but they do on occasion pull out a big result in a game they shouldn't

It is their record against the dross that is abysmal.

Last edited:
On the basis that he was beaten by the team ranked number 1 in the world right now.
That’s harsh mate.
Give him s chance.
Nope. Bloody awful style of play. Just beat the mighty Cyprus by one goal. But not overly bothered about the national team. They are rank rotten run by by a rank SFA.

A team full of Rangers haters managed by a Rangers hater. Each to their own but I genuinely can't fathom how a Bear could want that team to win just because they happen to have come from the same wee bit of land.

(I should add - I'm not saying anyone is less of a Bear for doing so, more that it's just something I don't personally understand.)

Apart from the two Rangers fans who started, of course.

Being an Englishman - I never bothered with them before.

Because of Sturgeon and co. - I now love a jacobite, defeat. The SNP have taught me to hate Scotland.

Good banter, the Scottish.
I am Scottish but have lived half of my life in England.

The SFA and SNP have made me hate what Scotland has become.

I don't know which two those are.

Lol, no worries mate. It was McLean and young Taylor at full back!

I do get where you're coming from and have no issue with those who opt not to support the national team. Plenty of my Rangers supporting mates are the same. It's just football for me, and politics don't matter. Perhaps being out of the UK for years makes it easier to appreciate, as well.

I've been a fan since I was young and nothing will ever change that, although admittedly the last few years have been tough at points. I remember some Celtic fans moaning about having no interest when we were going well under McLeish because the spine of the team was Hutton, Ferguson, McCulloch and Weir, with the likes of Boyd and McGregor involved as well. It's just one of those things.

For me, the team selection is fluid and some squads will always be more likable, or dislikable, than others. All that's gone on over the last few years meant we, unfortunately, haven't been as well represented as we should have been.

Rangers are the preeminent Scottish club who have produced more players than any other, and we will continue to do so.

That won’t be all of it, much of it will be down to the clueless arseholes who run the game up here, but I’ll bet the culture does play some

Lol, no worries mate. It was McLean and young Taylor at full back!

I do get where you're coming from and have no issue with those who opt not to support the national team. Plenty of my Rangers supporting mates are the same. It's just football for me, and politics don't matter. Perhaps being out of the UK for years makes it easier to appreciate, as well.

I've been a fan since I was young and nothing will ever change that, although admittedly the last few years have been tough at points. I remember some Celtic fans moaning about having no interest when we were going well under McLeish because the spine of the team was Hutton, Ferguson, McCulloch and Weir, with the likes of Boyd and McGregor involved as well. It's just one of those things.

For me, the team selection is fluid and some squads will always be more likable, or dislikable, than others. All that's gone on over the last few years meant we, unfortunately, haven't been as well represented as we should have been.

Rangers are the preeminent Scottish club who have produced more players than any other, and we will continue to do so.

McLean the ex-sheepshagger? Nah, you're alright :D

I think you're probably right though and that my interest will probably pick up again once Rangers are better represented at that level. But take the team the other night against Cyprus - 8 yahoos (whether ex, current or a supporter), as well as 2 ex and one current sheepshagger. I genuinely can't bring myself to want a team like that to win a game.

That was a good result holding them to only 3 and considering the players that Clarke picked it's more of a miracle.

Back