Why cant scotland produce a world class player?

I then made the further point that Robertson has been named as best LB in the EPL by making the team of the season and is the ONLY out and out LB in the UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season.

Who is the world class LB that Robertson is keeping out the EPL team or CL squad?
So u agree your name 10 better left backs argument was pointless and irrelevant and now want to shift onto who made a “fictional” squad. I bet if u went back through the years you would find some surprising dodgy names in the team of the year things... just because a player is one of them doesn’t automatically make him world class.

because like I said it’s irrelevant. Think about it, he needs me to name 10 better left backs or else Robertson is by default world class... it makes less than no sense

Why isnt he a world class left back then?

The term implies that he is one of the top left backs playing in the world - you should be able to name more than a few left backs that are undeniably better if you are going to say hes not world class

So u agree your name 10 better left backs argument was pointless and irrelevant and now want to shift onto who made a “fictional” squad. I bet if u went back through the years you would find some surprising dodgy names in the team of the year things... just because a player is one of them doesn’t automatically make him world class.
I refined my point to validate the point I was trying to make.

You’re dodging questions because your logic is flawed.

These are not fictional squads, these are factual and voted on by his peers.

Can you answer the question, who is the world class LB that Robertson is keeping our the CL said of the season?

In your own time, Son.

Anyone suggesting Robertson is better than Alba doesn't watch enough football tbh.

Lots of reasons why. The very special players are just born with it, but still have to work hard to reach the top level.

Coaching at every level, diet, attitude, drugs and alcohol all play a part. As well as luck. I've played with and seen players that have had the ability from a young age to make it to the top level but their lives have been derailed by starting to go out and get p*shed or worse the night before training and games, as soon as that starts you are going no where. I have also seen other players that just got overlooked due to where they are from or what size they are or what team they currently play at. It can be a very elitist sport sometimes. Just because you play for some poor schemes amateurs doesn't mean you can't be better than people at the very stupid pro youth levels, junior or top amateur teams.

Overall at our own top level, I feel we are so far behind because of coaching mostly. There is very few offensive, creative coaches out there. Most teams I see from amateur, to boys clubs to the top level is more concerned with damage limitation. Coaching problems won't be causes 1 or 2 world class players coming through but it certainly effect our teams, as a whole system, being useless are controlling a game and being able to confidently play with the ball in tight areas.

Some really good points made. I think diet has a huge part to play in it. I wish when I was playing I'd known more about what to eat / what not to eat to improve performance.

Another point that I see happening across the UK is that players are coached to play a system. IMO you'll struggle to see flair players in the coming years because it's drilled out of them. Basically you're taught to keep possession and play safe.

Shame really because football is about entertainment and there's nothing that gets you off your seat more than a player showing skill / dribbling past opponents.

Why isnt he a world class left back then?

The term implies that he is one of the top left backs playing in the world - you should be able to name more than a few left backs that are undeniably better if you are going to say hes not world class
Because I’m of the opinion he isn’t world class ok? The same opinion quite a few others have. Why don’t u get that. I’m also of the opinion he very well may be eventually

I’d take Marcelo or alba before him

I refined my point to validate the point I was trying to make.

You’re dodging questions because your logic is flawed.

These are not fictional squads, these are factual and voted on by his peers.

Can you answer the question, who is the world class LB that Robertson is keeping our the CL said of the season?

In your own time, Son.
I’m not ur son. They are fictional, they aren’t real squads. I’m dodging nothing. My logic is fine. I’d have Marcelo or alba before him.

parks riddled with glass and dug sh!te, councils selling parks, "no ball games" signs everywhere, lack of 1st class facilities for boys clubs to play/train on, 10 chips shops on every street, overall poor diet.

Thats just off the top of my head
Factor in possibly a majority of youngsters not in the slightest bit interested in any physical activity whatsoever. These threads generally descend into anecdotal and I'm no different, with mine being earlier this year during the Easter holiday, I was walking the dog in the local park. It has one of those multi purpose sport areas, astro turfed, football goals, and baskets for basketball. There was ONE kid in it knocking a ball around. I should add that I'd wager he wasn't born on these shores. As long as such a low percentage of our youngsters are disinterested in even working up a sweat, talk of infrastructure and poor coaching is pointless.
Or perhaps we need to wait on that young lad or his pals to mature.

Indeed. It’s a question of where the bulk of their development comes in and even in the case of a rough diamond, how much potential is spotted. Bale, for instance, I would say was a later developer. The other two?

Bale made his Southampton Debut and was playing for wales at 16 , got his move to spurs at 18 , wouldn’t say he was a late developer.

Suárez got his move to Europe young aswell 18/19 Groningen signed him before he went to Ajax not long after.

Agree with you 100%. I also seen 1 kid alone kicking a ball about and he was actually trying to kick the ball into the basketball net. Not another kid in sight.

Because I’m of the opinion he isn’t world class ok? The same opinion quite a few others have. Why don’t u get that. I’m also of the opinion he very well may be eventually

I’d take Marcelo or alba before him

Its just that usually opinions are normally formed from evidence and facts - was curious to understand how you could say he isnt.

Nice to see its not really based on any of that :)

Its just that usually opinions are normally formed from evidence and facts - was curious to understand how you could say he isnt.

Nice to see its not really based on any of that :)
everything I’ve said is my opinion. I don’t think he is. You do think he is. We can agree to disagree and move on

Not enough boys playing enough football is the root cause.
The solution is,you would think,simple,yet we've regressed at an alarming rate over the last 50 years.
How do we get more boys playing more football?

I’m not ur son. They are fictional, they aren’t real squads. I’m dodging nothing. My logic is fine. I’d have Marcelo or alba before him.
What? Of course they are real, it’s on the EPL and Uefa website for heavens sake!

And out of all the left backs in the world, you’ve managed to pick 2 who You believe to be better than Robertson yet still claim that he’s not world class?

Aye ok, Son. Get yourself to the fridge and get a cool can of juice and come back when you’ve calmed down.

What? Of course they are real, it’s on the EPL and Uefa website for heavens sake!

And out of all the left backs in the world, you’ve managed to pick 2 who You believe to be better than Robertson yet still claim that he’s not world class?

Aye ok, Son. Get yourself to the fridge and get a cool can of juice and come back when you’ve calmed down.
You can’t seriously be using the can of juice patter, clearly you’re the one wound up.

They’re not real teams, and if so tell me when the EPL / CL dream team starts pre-season?

I could name a few more off the top of my head but u sound like such an angry wee dik I can’t really be bothered talking with u anymore.

You can’t seriously be using the can of juice patter, clearly you’re the one wound up.

They’re not real teams, and if so tell me when the EPL / CL dream team starts pre-season?

I could name a few more off the top of my head but u sound like such an angry wee dik I can’t really be bothered talking with u anymore.
Jog on Son

Why do u keep calling me Son? Are u just an arrogant old bassa or do u actually think I’m Korean
A little from column A and little from column B.

I know it winds you up and I’m enjoying the thought of you getting angrier every time I call you Son, Son.

A little from column A and little from column B.

I know it winds you up and I’m enjoying the thought of you getting angrier every time I call you Son, Son.
Knowing and thoughts ain’t your strong suit then I suppose. But aye ok I’m livid :rolleyes:

Or maybe the boys just don't want to play on the sh!ty infrastructure?
I was there myself. Then went to the Netherlands to play in a European tournament, followed by a trip to play in a tournament in Manchester. The facilities these places had put this country to shame.
I have seen with my own eyes what other countries have and what we have and trust me if we had even half what these places have, kids would want to go and get involved on them.
I've passed by, or played at loads of complex's, some good, some not so, the absence of youngsters playing is the most telling factor. Clearly they've got better things to do.

Instead of arguing on the internet about the reasons, why dont young dads go out and encourage their boys to play football, instead of spending their time on FF;)

Back