Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

He’s played one professional season with a side like motherwell, yes granted he did well but lets see if he can now replicate that playing for the big boys and if he can handle the pressure of having to satisfy the unwashed hordes week in week out, especially if things go sour after a few bad results

The Orcs must have hit the £3mil target that Motherwell were after. I know a lot of people will be saying this now but i'm actually delighted he went to them especially for that kind of money, no doubt he has talent but he is way too overrated after having a good 6 months in which all of his good performances have been against the lesser teams in the league.

Also thats them out of the running for Aribo as they are similiar positioned players, i know its not sure whether Aribo will be joining us or not but if i had the choice between paying £3mil for Turnbull or getting Aribo for free then there is clearly only one winner.

That probably why they have done it in my opinion mate. They were roasted by their own media for losing McGinn.

Personally I think Celtic missed Armstrong this season. He was a good player. They are probably looking at Turnbull to be that player because Rogic looks done. His fitness levels are shocking for a professional footballer

Disappointing. Was hoping he would go to England. What I will say is as good as I think he is, they can't play all of them. Is he better than McGregor? No. Rogic? No. So either he sits on the bench or replaces someone who is better. Hopefully.

Flip side of this if it happens is maybe one of their more settled/better players is for the off - ntcham, mcgregor for eg

Can’t see Lennon coaching people to be better so not overly worried

Will be at hibs on loan

If they want to spend a good chunk of the compensation fund on him that’s fine by me.
Their problems are in defence.

Here comes the full thread saying he’s overrated and pish... clearly a decent signing.

Not to worry, I think we will make some good signings ourselves.

Disappointing. Was hoping he would go to England. What I will say is as good as I think he is, they can't play all of them. Is he better than McGregor? No. Rogic? No. So either he sits on the bench or replaces someone who is better. Hopefully.

I can see Lennon throwing Rogic under the bus in true Lennon style at some point this coming season.

That relationship is a disaster waiting to happen.

Personally I think Celtic missed Armstrong this season. He was a good player. They are probably looking at Turnbull to be that player because Rogic looks done. His fitness levels are shocking for a professional footballer

Yes, Armstrong’s pace really killed us. We couldn’t get near him.
I’ve not seen enough of Turnbull yet, but if he has Armstrong’s potential that’s not too good for us :(

If they get good money for Ntcham (who is incredibly average) and / or it means that Brown becomes a less regular starter, I can see a good case for saying that Turnbull at £2-3m looks like decent business. Much as it pains me to say it.

I saw more from Hastie than I did in the games I watched Turnbull in. People have been ranting and raving over Turnbull but potentially who could become the better player?

I genuinely haven’t seen enough of him to know whether he’s worth that money, but at this point in time he’s not worth that money for us, next season is going to be cut throat and we don’t have time to blood a youngster off the back of a decent season.

If we’d signed him for 3 million plus we’d have to play him as he’d be our record signing since getting back to the Premiership, no ifs or but’s, the fans would demand it.

I normally get the hype with young Scottish players, Thomson, Brown, Naismith etc, but its usually down to them performing well against us and Celtic over a decent period, so maybe its ignorance on my part as the only thing I remember Turnbull doing vs either was gifting us a goal toward the end of the season.

I hope he has a miserable career from now on.

Pretty gutted to be honest.

knew we would struggle to get him but was hoping he would move down south.

I can see Lennon throwing Rogic under the bus in true Lennon style at some point this coming season.

That relationship is a disaster waiting to happen.
I hope so. Rogic is wildly inconsistent but can be brilliant sadly. If he could stay fit for more than 60 minutes he would be at the top level.

The lad looks a good player with the potential to push on and make them a few quid. although I wouldn’t get into a bidding war for him, I’d like to see us match the bid and leave the decision down to him.

Really didn't him want going to the scum but we've got a ton of midfielders already and there's not 3 million spare for an other centre mid.I think SG's hands are tied.If centre mid was our problem position.I am sure we would of went in and got him

For all those on this thread saying they're glad we're not risking 2-3 million on a young player who's unproven, haven't we already done that with Eros Grezda?
What's the difference between him & Turnbull?

Yes, Armstrong’s pace really killed us. We couldn’t get near him.
I’ve not seen enough of Turnbull yet, but if he has Armstrong’s potential that’s not too good for us :(

I wouldn’t be too worried yet mate. Turnbull is one of the best prospects in Scottish football and I always want us to be hoovering up talent like that. The guy is probably gonna be set up for life on this deal he’ll sign, similar to what Scott Allan was. Think of how that panned out.

If Rodgers was still at Celtic there’s a chance Turnbull would become even better. Lennon, I’m not so sure.

It’s worth remembering the young talent in midfield on our books like Docherty and potentially Aribo. I’d rather we are spending £3m elsewhere.

For all those on this thread saying they're glad we're not risking 2-3 million on a young player who's unproven, haven't we already done that with Eros Grezda?
What's the difference between him & Turnbull?

As much as Grezda hasn’t worked out. He was a regular for his club and a regular international player. Hardly a fair comparison to a boy who’s had a good half season.

The lad looks a good player with the potential to push on and make them a few quid. although I wouldn’t get into a bidding war for him, I’d like to see us match the bid and leave the decision down to him.
Maybe a Championship club will do that and give the lad a choice

Back