Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

I appreciate he's a risk at a figure probably between 2-3 million,but a young talented risk nonetheless.

Being honest,I'd have liked to have seen him with us-especially if Aribo goes elsewhere.

Sun saying £2.8m rising to £3.2m with add ons.

Record saying £3m rising to £3.25m!

Thanks mate. That’s good for us the more they pay.
To me we just couldn’t take that risk in our situation.
If we get Aribo for free I’d be delighted, albeit I’ve not seen a lot of either of them tbh.

As a potential, it sucks to lose out on potential although we cant afford £3m in hope that a player comes good.

On the other hand, it's quite a downgrade on Ntcham.

Hopefully a win win all round.

They're paying over £1.75m that they paid for O'Donnell then if it's a club record fee.

Good luck with that one lhads.

Turnbull is insanely overated at that price after just 30 games. They're buying nothing but potential here.

3 million + 250k add on according to sky

Every Motherwell fan I speak to says Turnbull. A lot of my mates and family are Motherwell fans so it isn't just one or two people.

This is what I was told by a good bear who is high up in Motherwell's academy (pretty sure he posts on here too) when I asked him about both months ago.

That said, we aren’t in a position to pay £3m for potential at the minute.

Rumored to be about 3m.

They really had to sign him to pacify the mhutant hordes. Couldn't risk having another McGinn situation. Motherwell saying they've had multiple inquiries from all over UK meant the mhanks hand was forced. If they'd let him away to a Championship team, the mhutants would have been kicking Liewell's door down.

He looks to have had a decent season for Motherwell, but before we signed Hastie, there didn't seem to be much between the two of them in the press. Both of them were nominated for YPOTY, along with Ryan Kent, so call it a wash.

Turnbull scored many of his goals after Hastie was dropped, due to their fan reaction to Hastie leaving. When Hastie signed for us, Turnbull had 10 in 26, Hastie had 7 in 15. Hastie played 13 more minutes this season and Turnbull scored 5 in 4 against the other bottom 6 teams.

I know, stats dork, but just showing people that the guy we got for a developmental fee, is every bit as good or better than a 3m mhutant pacifier.

Some people need to calm down ffs

Yes he looks like a good prospect but he is hardly some top quality star that's going to rip teams apart and change the face of Scottish football.

He may or may not turn out to be a great signing but lets just focus on our team and get Aribo signed up.

Bang goes the theory that they are stockpiling cash for victims of the cover up.Telling you..these bastards are getting away with this!
Spending a couple of million after winning the league and making the Europa knock outs doesn't mean anything. If they didn't spend at least that on one player there would be riots. Signing a teenager from a bottom six team isn't something I'm going to wet myself over. He looks like a good prospect, nothing more at this stafe.

If he doesn’t land on his feet and contribute, that muck will be on his case big time. Very high risk transfer, when you consider the the fee being paid, for a young and unproven guy.

Think we’ve called this one right, especially since Hastie looks equally as full of potential for an exponentially lower risk.

A good signing for them in my opinion. Unfortunately as others have stated, we're not in the position to throw £3million at someone who is a bit of a gamble/doesn't improve the first 11.

His stats for someone so young, from the middle of the park and for a shite Motherwell team are very good.

Let's hope he's a one season wonder.
See my stats comparison above. Not much in it between him and Hastie.

They are buying potential. It's all very well playing for Murderwell with little or no pressure but it's a step up playing for either us or them. We clearly didn't fancy him. It's a massive gamble for one good season.

They are buying potential. It's all very well playing for Murderwell with little or no pressure but it's a step up playing for either us or them. We clearly didn't fancy him. It's a massive gamble for one good season.
We haven’t not bought him because its “only one season”. We buy players off the back of a good season every single window.

We most likely cant afford that outlay, or Gerrard really doesn’t fancy him. Which I’d be surprised about.

The poor boy can expect abuse from his former fans, take ridicule in the media from journalists, have his career move being interrogated by failed trialists.
Or is that just us with Hastie and Jordan Jones???

Sky being very specific with £3M + 250k.

That's way to much for a Motherwell player, they are welcome to him at that price TBH.

I’m always disappointed when young Scottish talent signs for them. Hope he has a long and unsuccessful career with them.

Fair play to Motherwell for skinning the Tims out of that sort of coin.

That's really not that much to them, let's face it. Especially if the Ntcham rumours are true.

The boy is a lovely player. Comfortable with both feet, powerful and plays with his head up.

The poster a couple of pages back got it spot on, however - this isn't the right transfer for us to be making. Not at the current juncture. We're already stocked in midfield and can't really afford to be spending 3 million on potential. Aribo is a different case altogether given his experience and pedigree.

Slightly disappointed he's going to them, if not for his own sake. Learning your trade under Neil Lennon. Christ.

3 goals against top 6 teams, the rest against the dross.

Interesting. Obviously Gerrard and co must believe that £3 million is too much of a gamble for us to take. And tbf I would have liked another 16 goal midfielder; even if the goals come against your Hamilton’s etc

Back