Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

If this means one of Ntcham or McGregor is away then I hope it’s McGregor. Ntcham can often be an empty shirt.

However, did I not read somewhere that Swansea are interested in Turnbull?

Turnbull and Hastie have both been outstanding for Motherwell this season. Both are cracking young players with a great future ahead of them.

But given the choice I'd take Hastie over Turnbull every day of the week that ends in a Y.

Does Lennon has a track-history of bringing through potential?

Turnball had a good season but I certainly wouldn't be fearful of him being a starter in their midfield.

We haven’t not bought him because its “only one season”. We buy players off the back of a good season every single window.

We most likely cant afford that outlay, or Gerrard really doesn’t fancy him. Which I’d be surprised about.

We could afford to pay it, but he’d need to be ready made to go into a potentially championship winning Rangers side and play week in week out

I’m not sure if he is, and that’s simply down to only watching Motherwell vs us or them.

Last edited:
Imagine signing for a football club who covered up and are still covering up over 50 years of CSA

A vile rancid terrorist loving bunch of inbred scum

Good luck with dealing with that Turnbull

Wonder if he’ll join in the songs when the beasts make up a nice wee song for him linking him to the provos.

Mate he is a CM & it was his first season.

Take the blue tinted specs off, trying to downplay the boys ability is just ridiculous.

If only you were so positive about our Club and players.

No one's saying he isn't a good player. He had a good season, albeit he did fail to make any impact in the two games against us (unlike Kamara, for example).

Some people just don't agree with how highly you rate him.

Spending a couple of million after winning the league and making the Europa knock outs doesn't mean anything. If they didn't spend at least that on one player there would be riots. Signing a teenager from a bottom six team isn't something I'm going to wet myself over. He looks like a good prospect, nothing more at this stafe.
I think some are not getting my point.Im flipping delighted they’ve spunked that on a prospect.What some on here would make you believe is the appointment of wee pop was a sign that they would be not as active in the transfer market as recent years.Thats a kamikaze signing imo.Yes they will spend money and strengthen ..li just didn’t think they would have shelled out £3 million as a gamble knowing they’d have to pay out millions in compensation.

Boy's daft going there - and not just because of celtic's disgusting history. he's never going to develop to his full potential under lennon

Bang goes the theory that they are stockpiling cash for victims of the cover up.Telling you..these bastards are getting away with this!
I’ll bet you whatever you like that the mutants pull in more cash than they put out this pre season.

If they replace their Ntchams and McGregors with Turnbulls and other rookies, I’ll be more than happy.

Genuinely can't even say I can remember him standing out against us in any game.
I don't think I'd pay 2 million + for any player currently playing for any team in Scotland out with ourselves

So who they losing then?
He's not good enough to get into their team unless they are losing the likes of Callum McGregor....
And if that's the case, they have weakened.

Doc was as highly rated as this boy when we got him.
Except we got Doc for s fraction of the price and personally I don’t think this boy is much better.
Let’s see how a 19 year old boy handles the pressure he is going to be under from the hoardes to perform.
Chuck in how he might handle being bullied and screamed at by the Ginger clown

I’m pretty content that they’re spunking cash on this guy.

Looks like a spotty Tim too. Match made in heaven.

Stop kidding yourself mate. Every Motherwell fan you talk to states Turnbull was their main man.

I wanted him at us but lets move on now. Rewriting history is pointless regardless of stats.
Every Motherwell fan wants decent cash for him. You only hear of people with a vested interest in Motherwell FC telling you how good he is.

This is a league in recent years where the likes of Tony Andreu, Ali Crawford, Jamie Walker, Greg Stewart have hit double figures in goals.

Turnbull's a good player but £3m good ?

Would anyone have realistically paid £3m for Hastie if he was in contract ?
Agreed - Scoring against the bottom 6 in the SPFL hasn't been worth 3m ever.

He's still a good prospect, but so is Hastie for 3m less.

Bang goes the theory that they are stockpiling cash for victims of the cover up.Telling you..these bastards are getting away with this!
Don’t think I’d infer that from this purchase.
Okay if they splash out Eduarde type cash on a player, I might reconsider.

Have you watched mu h of motherwell last season mate?

Hastie looks decent but turnbull is proper quality and is by far the better player, i dont take any less pleasure in saying that.

Hastie did %^*& all against us or the Tims, playing with Brown won’t transform Celtics Midfield to match ours, neither will playing with 70 minute man Rogic. If they think Turnbull will transform them then I am relaxed as he wouldn’t get a game ahead of Kamara or Davis in our Team. He’s another Allen, Christie type. Celtic will ruin him like they have done with numerous Scottish talent.

Stop kidding yourself mate. Every Motherwell fan you talk to states Turnbull was their main man.

I wanted him at us but lets move on now. Rewriting history is pointless regardless of stats.

Yeah, they were also very positive about Hastie before deciding he was a ‘snake’ mind you.

Every Motherwell fan wants decent cash for him. You only hear of people with a vested interest in Motherwell FC telling you how good he is.
Have a read at the comments from them all underneath their Twitter announcement AFTER they have the official offer.

Cut a line underneath it now. . . Lets get Aribo done and dusted.

Mate he is a CM & it was his first season.

Take the blue tinted specs off, trying to downplay the boys ability is just ridiculous.

How many did our CMs score against the top 6?

Arfield - 3
Jack - 1
Davis - 0
Kamara - 0
I was comparing him to Hastie. On the surface, 15 goals to 7 seems like a big advantage. He did it in double the games and had 5 after Hastie was dropped, due to the Motherwell fans hatred for us.

It's a contributing factor to his higher numbers.

Back