Kilmarnock to introduce safe standing

Fair play to them but it’s not like they’re struggling for space to allow them to implement this, all 500 of their fans can probably fill the spaces.

It is easier. Kilmarnock have thousands of empty seats people can move to.

For what it’s worth, I’m in favour of safe standing but it’s far more difficult for our club to carry out because we don’t have many vacant seats to move people to.

Unless we have oversubscribed our seating, it can’t be harder or easier .

It’s just a higher volume of people who get moved .

Celtic in cahoots with GCC agreed a 3 year trial. This was designed to stop us doing it. They needn't have bothered as we're starting year 4 with no action. We welcome the chase. Ha ha.
Haha. Yes it was designed to stop Rangers doing.

Like they’re worried about that. We’ll be last to do it.

Safe standing is no guarantee for a better atmosphere unless RFC create the old rover style season tickets for that particular section.
Groups of mates or RSC’s together will help atmosphere, in conjunction with safe standing. But not on its own.
You also need to factor in people will see it as an opportunity to get a better view such as those in restricted view positions currently. They might have no interest in singing.
Kilmarnock have obviously done this to sort their young ‘ultras’ hence the relatively low numbers of seats being converted to safe standing.
Practicalities wise at Ibrox the enclosures lend themselves best to being converted to safe standing. The fronts of the Copland and Broomloan would restrict views of those in the Govan east and west corners and at the extremities of the enclosures.

Safe standing is no guarantee for a better atmosphere unless RFC create the old rover style season tickets for that particular section.
Groups of mates or RSC’s together will help atmosphere, in conjunction with safe standing. But not on its own.
You also need to factor in people will see it as an opportunity to get a better view such as those in restricted view positions currently. They might have no interest in singing.
Kilmarnock have obviously done this to sort their young ‘ultras’ hence the relatively low numbers of seats being converted to safe standing.
Practicalities wise at Ibrox the enclosures lend themselves best to being converted to safe standing. The fronts of the Copland and Broomloan would restrict views of those in the Govan east and west corners and at the extremities of the enclosures.

Agree

Can’t say I’m bothered about this issue, but reconverting the enclosures back to standing would be the obvious move if we did it

Blackmailing folk is always a good look.
Blackmail?
You don't want to go then don't go.

Of course the other side of that is the clear implication that 'if you make me move I won't buy a ticket'

The club would obviously accommodate every season ticket holder.
Not every season ticket holder would accommodate the club.

I do wonder how many people who are full support of safe standing at Ibrox sit in areas where they know they'll never be any chance of it being implemented.
I'm in CD7, I know it'll never be up there.
If it was, I'd either remain in that section or take a seat elsewhere.
Every seat in Ibrox faces the pitch, I'm not going to start crying about not being in the one I usually sit in.

Good on them.

But with the alkie away I can see attendances falling again.

Did they ever rise?

I remember when they went top of the table just after Xmas, they only managed to pull in 4000 odd in their next game.

That they should be getting moved regardless, wee token 25% renewal discount for the annoyance.

Job done.

And if the still don’t like it.... there’s plenty on the waiting list who’ll take their places.

We püssy foot about far to much!!!!!

We can’t and shouldn’t have a handful of supporters holding the club and the rest of the fans back from an improved atmosphere which will in turn lift the team.

Oh sorry, was I meant to feign horror at the idea to support your stupid notion that people are only in favour of safe standing as it won't affect them?

If you're not prepared for the answer, don't ask the question.

You've made a massive arse of yourself if that's what you've taken from that post.

I also never asked a question, but you knew that already.

You've made a massive arse of yourself if that's what you've taken from that post.

I also never asked a question, but you knew that already.
Apologies, you wondered rather than asked.
And you have the gall to say I'm making an arse of myself?
You wonder how those fans unaffected would react, I give you my say and you reply with a snide 'good for you'.

You've clearly implied that there are some in favour of safe standing purely from a point if view that it doesn't mean they move seats.

Apologies, you wondered rather than asked.
And you have the gall to say I'm making an arse of myself?
You wonder how those fans unaffected would react, I give you my say and you reply with a snide 'good for you'.

You've clearly implied that there are some in favour of safe standing purely from a point if view that it doesn't mean they move seats.

Well, anyone confusing a statement for a question and additionally misinterpreting that statement is making a fool of themselves, no?

One of the reasons I deliberately didn't ask a question was because it'd inevitably lead to comments from posters clambering over one another to say that they'd have no problem with it and that they'd move in a heartbeat. Fair enough - good for them. At the same time, those comments serve no purpose other than to reinforce your own sense of support in a way that is clearly at odds with those in the position where their seats could be taken from them.

The fans around me at Ibrox are wildly in favour of safe standing. I daresay that their opinions may be slightly different if it meant uprooting from their own seats. That's slightly different from what I think you've suggested in your last line.

I do wonder how many people who are full support of safe standing at Ibrox sit in areas where they know they'll never be any chance of it being implemented.

I'm currently in the Broomloan Front which the board are hell bent on turning into Safe-Standing despite the general opinion that it would be one of, if not the worst places to have it.

It’s a great pity this issue is still a source of debate, I believe in having the choice to stand at football and as we are a large club with a large fan base I also think a safe standing area needs to be a full section to satisfy demand and make it worthwhile and not just a half arsed few blocks in a stand.

My first preference would be be whole Govan front and both corners or second choice the entire Copland front but I know there are obstacles to these ideas with certain fans moaning about moving, the current capacity is also a constraint. a lack of money and the unwillingness and lack of ambition to have a more expansive area means it’s unlikely to happen any time soon. If the club does eventually want to introduce this I want it to be reasonably big and in a prominent position in the stadium.

That they should be getting moved regardless, wee token 25% renewal discount for the annoyance.

Job done.

How about, we are changing eg Copland Front to Safe Standing. You can retain your position in the stadium or we can relocate you to a seated area.
Your choice.
We cannot afford to give anybody 25% discount to relocate.

Job done

The love of Rangers should out do the love for a plastic seat. Give them a time scale for the move, if they don’t move then they are a stauner for the season. :))

Kilmarnock Football Club is delighted to become the first provincial club in Scotland to install safe standing areas within Rugby Park.

Somethng not right with the grammar. I mean, as if any other Scottish club would install safe standing areas within Rugby Park, ffs! :rolleyes:

Agree

Can’t say I’m bothered about this issue, but reconverting the enclosures back to standing would be the obvious move if we did it

Terrible location. Who wants a safe standing section split in two and hidden away from the tv audience? It should be given the highest profile possible.

It’s a great pity this issue is still a source of debate, I believe in having the choice to stand at football and as we are a large club with a large fan base I also think a safe standing area needs to be a full section to satisfy demand and make it worthwhile and not just a half arsed few blocks in a stand.

My first preference would be be whole Govan front and both corners or second choice the entire Copland front but I know there are obstacles to these ideas with certain fans moaning about moving, the current capacity is also a constraint. a lack of money and the unwillingness and lack of ambition to have a more expansive area means it’s unlikely to happen any time soon. If the club does eventually want to introduce this I want it to be reasonably big and in a prominent position in the stadium.

Yes yes yes. Great post.

Good to see them acknowledged their position as a diddy club in the header.
Liked this dictionary definition of Provincial:
2. of or concerning the regions outside the capital city of a country, especially when regarded as unsophisticated or narrow-minded.

I'm currently in the Broomloan Front which the board are hell bent on turning into Safe-Standing despite the general opinion that it would be one of, if not the worst places to have it.

Surely the BF is the only realistic option? I’m not sure you are right in saying the general opinion is that it would be one of the worst places to have it. Ideally it would be in the CF and or the Govan East Corner, but that would mean moving more people that in the BF. Half of the BF is already an unofficial standing area anyway, obviously BF 1 and 2 are where most people stand, but I’m in BF4 and there’s a fair few people stand there too. The idea would meet the least resistance if it was introduced in the Broomloan Front.

They don't need to be won over, they need to be moved.

"it's my seat and i won't move" is infuriating, the atmosphere is more important than their sentimental views
I have more of an issue the way fans are being described as "That lot"and morons.By all means,fight for your cause but keep a bit of respect for fans involved.
Safe standing won't affect my seat so there is no issue there.

And if the still don’t like it.... there’s plenty on the waiting list who’ll take their places.

We püssy foot about far to much!!!!!

We can’t and shouldn’t have a handful of supporters holding the club and the rest of the fans back from an improved atmosphere which will in turn lift the team.
A handful of supporters are holding the club back?Really?
Do you honestly think the club would pay attention to a few fans if they really wanted to apply safe seating?

Surely the BF is the only realistic option? I’m not sure you are right in saying the general opinion is that it would be one of the worst places to have it. Ideally it would be in the CF and or the Govan East Corner, but that would mean moving more people that in the BF. Half of the BF is already an unofficial standing area anyway, obviously BF 1 and 2 are where most people stand, but I’m in BF4 and there’s a fair few people stand there too. The idea would meet the least resistance if it was introduced in the Broomloan Front.

And then we surrender part of it in Europe and in cup competitions if a team demands and gets a bigger than normal allocation. Genius Idea

Terrible location. Who wants a safe standing section split in two and hidden away from the tv audience? It should be given the highest profile possible.
The old standing enclosures had a great atmosphere in their day.
What’s it to be? Improve the atmosphere or get yourself on the tele? I think the latter plays a big part in the push for behind the goal.

Safe standing at Ibrox will be a bone of contention among supporters until a compromise on where it should be located is finalised.
1. Copland
2. Broomloan
3. Enclosure
4. Govan
5. Corners of Copland and Broomloan

All these areas have been mentioned as feasible

Supporters that are currently in these areas all have their own opinions on where safe standing should be situated.
And majority are happy to have safe standing at Ibrox as long as it is not in their area.
We as a support offer fail to agree and this shows no signs of even remotely agreeing.

Safe standing at Ibrox will be a bone of contention among supporters until a compromise on where it should be located is finalised.
1. Copland
2. Broomloan
3. Enclosure
4. Govan
5. Corners of Copland and Broomloan

All these areas have been mentioned as feasible

Supporters that are currently in these areas all have their own opinions on where safe standing should be situated.
And majority are happy to have safe standing at Ibrox as long as it is not in their area.
We as a support offer fail to agree and this shows no signs of even remotely agreeing.
Good thing is the majority agree on safe standing.

It was polled & most wanted it. Theres is literally no more excuses for it, just the club stalling because they do not give a feck.

That’ll never happen. Season tickets help the club keep tabs on people, having the freedom to go wherever you want is imo outdated. There’s no need for it. A safe standing section will be the centre of an atmosphere. If mates or rsc want to be together then get a ticket together, it’s not impossible. It’ll be the same as it is currently, only that there’s a rail and the seats can be locked away. You’ll have a specific seat, much easier to manage trouble makers this way.

Not at all, CF works just as well. The only people guaranteed a seat in a safe standing section would be those already seated in that area imo. So for instance if it was CF then the likes of UB and anyone else who wanted to move would need to wait for the people who’re currently situated there to vacate before they apply to be in the new area. Only fair way of doing it.

The Rangers board who spent millions of £ and countless hours ensuring we have a team to support and a stadium to watch them in obviously hate Rangers fans or they’d have done it as soon as it was mentioned.

A handful of supporters are holding the club back?Really?
Do you honestly think the club would pay attention to a few fans if they really wanted to apply safe seating?

Handful or a few hundred, or even a couple of thousand.....

Either way, it’s a massive minority.

The club need to grow a set and get on with it!

Oh sorry. I meant our loyal, 30 year ST holders that dont care about the atmosphere.
Its patter like this that makes people dig their heels in. You are also correct , punters with season tickets for 30 odd years are loyal and deserve a little bit of respect.

That’ll never happen. Season tickets help the club keep tabs on people, having the freedom to go wherever you want is imo outdated. There’s no need for it. A safe standing section will be the centre of an atmosphere. If mates or rsc want to be together then get a ticket together, it’s not impossible. It’ll be the same as it is currently, only that there’s a rail and the seats can be locked away. You’ll have a specific seat, much easier to manage trouble makers this way.
I take your point on the club wanting to keep a check on people but that will not help build an atmosphere.
People will snap up the good specs and the rest will become single spaces which no one will want.
It’s a tough one for the club. Groups will want to stand together, unless they are going to allocate batches of tickets for RSC’s for example I don’t see the atmosphere improving by allocating specific places to stand.

Oh sorry. I meant our loyal, 30 year ST holders that dont care about the atmosphere.

I don't think they are as many as they have you believe, remember that a number boycotted due to McCoist's turgid football and boardroom buffoonery in 14/15

Handful or a few hundred, or even a couple of thousand.....

Either way, it’s a massive minority.

The club need to grow a set and get on with it!
Sorry but I would suggest a massive majority of our fans wouldn't support safe standing if it affected their seats.
Having said that,it does need addressed but not by insulting fans who have been the lifeblood of the club for years.

Back