Celtic face threat of multimillion pound compensation claim(The Times)

Makes you wonder why no one wants to make political capital from this situation, usually politicians from opposite sides would be In a bloodlust with something that could harm the opposition.
Something is rotten in UK politics when no one wants to call out sexual abuse of kids.
The abuse of children is endemic in both the Roman Catholic church and in the political establiahment in this country (UK).
Too many cupboards have skeletons for any political party to take up the case so it'll be left to lone wolf politicians like Adam Tomkins to take up the fight.

A disgraceful situation.

John Mason MSP saying that a public inquiry would be expensive , while sitting in an almost half a billion pound Scottish parliament building , that was 10 times over budget .

so John Mason agrees with Boris Johnson , that spending on historical child abuse is 'spaffing' money against the wall ? such charming men who belong together it would seem, probably alongside Torbett Cairney King Cullen MCCafferty Strachan and Savile who would all want the same.

in the footballing world celtic are going to face zero punishments,, no 5 way agreements, transfer bans or their license removed. There will be zero justice or punishment for decades worth of abuse imo
If left to the SFA then you might be right, however, UEFA talk a good game around protecting the child, we should be bringing pressure on UEFA to deal with the child abuse at Celtic FC and at least have their European license removed and put pressure on the SFA to punish them further.

in the footballing world celtic are going to face zero punishments,, no 5 way agreements, transfer bans or their license removed. There will be zero justice or punishment for decades worth of abuse imo
There should be a transfer embargo and a ban on investment on infrastructure at the cesspit till this is all sorted out,Compensation to the victims and punishments doled out but I tend to agree with you.

If left to the SFA then you might be right, however, UEFA talk a good game around protecting the child, we should be bringing pressure on UEFA to deal with the child abuse at Celtic FC and at least have their European license removed and put pressure on the SFA to punish them further.

Celtic should become the footballing equivalent of Penn state , the first thing people think when hearing that name , they deserve this for enabling these abusers for over four decades , and would be poetic justice to see the very name they protected whilst sacrificing these children’s lives , tarnished beyond repair .

Been thinking about Brian Scott recently. Did he not get the sack for coming to work smelling of drink? I'm sure that was the case and tried to take them to court.

It is people like Brian Scott who could help bring this tower of evil to the ground. People who were there but are not part of the cult that views accepting such behaviour as normal.

If anyone has contacts with journalists investigating, he may well be worth interviewing.

He was at Celtic from 1980-2004. He must have inside information.

I still think the only way that they will be punished, is if the lawyers in the US are able to put up a good fight (provided that this is even happening behind the scenes) and 'out them' in all their glory. It needs to really make global headlines, so that the SFA and the SNP have nowhere to hide either.

It is people like Brian Scott who could help bring this tower of evil to the ground. People who were there but are not part of the cult that views accepting such behaviour as normal.

If anyone has contacts with journalists investigating, he may well be worth interviewing.

I'm convinced that the building blocks are out there to create a massive story out of all this.All that's required is a journalist with the balls to grab it by the scruff of the neck and go with it.It will probably take somebody outwith these shores who does not rely on journalism in Scotland to feed their family.

Having given it some thought,I expect that they will have done their homework, dotted all the i's and crossed all the t's.Brian Scott will no doubt be sitting under a cloud of NDA's.

Not been funny but these organisations always hide under a veil of secrecy, how do we 100% know Brian Scott wasn’t involved. If as most think he wasn’t then perhaps he could step up and bring many facts to the table.

John Mason MSP saying that a public inquiry would be expensive , while sitting in an almost half a billion pound Scottish parliament building , that was 10 times over budget .

John should spend the revenues of increasing taxes on folk earning whopping salaries like £31ka year on an inquiry.

Saw the accusation online that the money paid to Trophy Centre 4 YEARS AFTER Torbett was convicted was a potential Tax Avoidance scheme by Celtc.

Not sure what evidence, but know that some on here were asking "Why was TC still being paid... was it hush money?"
I mentioned on an earlier thread, is this the same trophy centre that sponsored the junior league in the 80’s.

If the parent signed it .then should it not effect the child from testifying.also would had come into effect if it was an illegal act.
I don’t think it would effect testifying in a court of law. More to prevent bad press. A minor can’t sign a contract so now they’re not a minor does an NDA even cover them if it was the parents who signed it at the time?

Saw the accusation online that the money paid to Trophy Centre 4 YEARS AFTER Torbett was convicted was a potential Tax Avoidance scheme by Celtc.

Not sure what evidence, but know that some on here were asking "Why was TC still being paid... was it hush money?"

I would guess at it being a way for the co directors like Kelly to get money out of the club by making false purchase invoices. But wouldnt put anything past them.

I know. I find this baffling, 1 that a parent (I assume) has taken money over justice for the child and the same parent (again I assume) saying Celtic are suing me cause I told about how they covered up a pedo ring!

The parent would be subject to the NDA but not the child, now an adult. A parent cannot be sued for breach of an NDA if that adult chose to expose the cover-up. The parent (who signed the NDA) would only be liable if they exposed it.

Even then, I doubt that #celticknew would choose to go to court. To do so would be to risk a whole bunch of revealing and embarrassing evidence and publicity.

The parent would be subject to the NDA but not the child, now an adult. A parent cannot be sued for breach of an NDA if that adult chose to expose the cover-up. The parent (who signed the NDA) would only be liable if they exposed it.

Even then, I doubt that #celticknew would choose to go to court. To do so would be to risk a whole bunch of revealing and embarrassing evidence and publicity.
Exactly the thing they’re trying to squirm out of!

If someone posts the email addresses for complaints to sfa,spfl,uefa & fifa,im happy to fire off something to highlight their crimes and the lack of action from the authorities.

I couldn't find a direct contact address for UEFA, but, over the weekend, I did I find contact details for Terre des Hommes (a Core Partner in UEFA's Responsibility Portfolio)
https://tdh.uk/en/contact-tdh-uk

Here's what I wrote ...

"I understand that Terre des Hommes is a core partner in UEFA’s Responsibility Portfolio for the 2017/21 cycle.

I would like to ask if you are aware that, in the space of two years, one of UEFA’s member clubs - Celtic FC - has had four former Celtic Boys Club office holders tried and convicted of sexual offences against young boys in their charge.

Jim McCafferty
The former Celtic kit man and Celtic Boys Club coach was jailed for six years and nine months in May 2019 after admitting 12 charges against young players over a 24-year period starting in 1972. He was also sentenced to three years and nine months in August 2018 for sexually abusing a teenage boy in Belfast.

Jim Torbett
The founder of the Celtic Boys Club was sentenced to six years in November 2018 for abusing three boys between 1986 and 1994. He was also jailed for two years in 1998 for molesting children between 1967 and 1974.

Frank Cairney
The former coach of Celtic Boys Club under-16s team was jailed in February 2019 for four years. He abused eight boys while running a team in Lanarkshire. He joined Celtic Boys Club in 1971 after being asked to run the youth side by the manager Jock Stein.

Gerald King
The former Celtic Boys Club chairman avoided jail in January despite being convicted of abusing four boys and a girl at a Glasgow primary school in the 1980s. He was found guilty of using lewd and libidinous practices towards his five victims between 1984 and 1989.

Further investigation is currently under way to establish any connection with Barry Bennell, a former football coach, who worked at Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, was sentenced in February 2019 to 30 years in prison for sex offences against junior players.

In addition, in 2004, John Cullen, a photographer with Celtic Football Club admitted a charge of indecency against boys aged as young as 10. 250 pictures of young boys in various states of undress, were hidden in a storeroom at Celtic Park for nearly 20 years.

Terre des homme's Guidance on Appropriate Behaviour advises against -
* Behaving physically in a manner which is inappropriate or sexually provocative.
* Condoning or participating in behaviour with children which is illegal, unsafe or abusive
* Developing physical and/or sexual relations with children or their family members.
* Developing relationships with children which could in any way be deemed exploitative or abusive.
* Spending time alone with children away from others.

Despite growing documentary evidence, Celtic FC continue to deny any official link with the Boys Club. This position is causing much grief and distress to the ever-growing number of victims and their families. The five convicted paedophiles named above have all committed serious breaches of TdH's Guidelines.

Celtic FC's continued abrogation of responsibility condones these sexual offences.

Could you please, in your capacity as a Core Partner in UEFA's Responsibility Portfolio, refer this matter to the appropriate UEFA department?

I await your reply with interest.

Regards,

johnkp"

I couldn't find a direct contact address for UEFA, but, over the weekend, I did I find contact details for Terre des Hommes (a Core Partner in UEFA's Responsibility Portfolio)
I had been trying to contact them via a Dutch email address, this one looks more promising.

PS It is a form to be filled in, mind and keep a copy of what you send to them gents.

Here's what I wrote ...

"I understand that Terre des Hommes is a core partner in UEFA’s Responsibility Portfolio for the 2017/21 cycle.

I would like to ask if you are aware that, in the space of two years, one of UEFA’s member clubs - Celtic FC - has had four former Celtic Boys Club office holders tried and convicted of sexual offences against young boys in their charge.

Jim McCafferty
The former Celtic kit man and Celtic Boys Club coach was jailed for six years and nine months in May 2019 after admitting 12 charges against young players over a 24-year period starting in 1972. He was also sentenced to three years and nine months in August 2018 for sexually abusing a teenage boy in Belfast.

Jim Torbett
The founder of the Celtic Boys Club was sentenced to six years in November 2018 for abusing three boys between 1986 and 1994. He was also jailed for two years in 1998 for molesting children between 1967 and 1974.

Frank Cairney
The former coach of Celtic Boys Club under-16s team was jailed in February 2019 for four years. He abused eight boys while running a team in Lanarkshire. He joined Celtic Boys Club in 1971 after being asked to run the youth side by the manager Jock Stein.

Gerald King
The former Celtic Boys Club chairman avoided jail in January despite being convicted of abusing four boys and a girl at a Glasgow primary school in the 1980s. He was found guilty of using lewd and libidinous practices towards his five victims between 1984 and 1989.

Further investigation is currently under way to establish any connection with Barry Bennell, a former football coach, who worked at Manchester City and Crewe Alexandra, was sentenced in February 2019 to 30 years in prison for sex offences against junior players.

In addition, in 2004, John Cullen, a photographer with Celtic Football Club admitted a charge of indecency against boys aged as young as 10. 250 pictures of young boys in various states of undress, were hidden in a storeroom at Celtic Park for nearly 20 years.

Terre des homme's Guidance on Appropriate Behaviour advises against -
* Behaving physically in a manner which is inappropriate or sexually provocative.
* Condoning or participating in behaviour with children which is illegal, unsafe or abusive
* Developing physical and/or sexual relations with children or their family members.
* Developing relationships with children which could in any way be deemed exploitative or abusive.
* Spending time alone with children away from others.

Despite growing documentary evidence, Celtic FC continue to deny any official link with the Boys Club. This position is causing much grief and distress to the ever-growing number of victims and their families. The five convicted paedophiles named above have all committed serious breaches of TdH's Guidelines.

Celtic FC's continued abrogation of responsibility condones these sexual offences.

Could you please, in your capacity as a Core Partner in UEFA's Responsibility Portfolio, refer this matter to the appropriate UEFA department?

I await your reply with interest.

Regards,

johnkp"

Well done John. Really good letter mate ;)

I'm sure he was surprisingly replaced after a lengthy and loyal service. I think he fought for compensation and their defence was drink related. Why sack him after all those years and if there was a slightest hint then why did he turn to drink. More questions please.

Last edited:
Has anyone actually seen a copy of this NDA?
No.

But we have got 6,330 posts outlining exactly what SHOULD HAPPEN!

A handful of posters - myself included - fear they are already confining this Scandal of epic proportions to the long grass.

A lot of posters have taken action and written demanding an independently composed enquiry and I doff my cap.

Still say sponsors is the only potential for fall out I can see for them.

Part of an email recieved from Scottish Conservative Deputy Leader Jackson Carlaw.

"It is vital that we in Parliament play our part in holding the SFA and other bodies to account on this. It is clear that victims of child abuse in football have been let down, and I very much hope Police Scotland and the SFA will give them the closure they need and the justice they deserve.

Please be assured the Scottish Conservatives will closely monitor developments on this matter over the coming weeks and months."
The SFA cannot be trusted with this in any way shape or form.

Sturgeon's response is all the more reprehensible, given that this story appeared in The Mirror just two days before ...

Former Celtic Kit Man McCafferty Admits Sick Abuse On Young Football Players - 7 Dec 16
Daily Mirror
A former football coach has come clean about the years of abuse he inflicted on young players, saying there are so many he can’t remember them all. Former Celtic kit man Jim McCafferty, 71, confessed to a 20-year campaign of abuse during the 1980s and 90s in a bid to “unburden himself” and “cleanse his soul” after a whistleblower came forward about his behaviour.

The ailing pensioner, who now lives in South Belfast, named four players he assaulted in the 1980s and 90s while he coached at youth clubs in West Lothian and later Celtic after being approached by our sister paper the Irish Mirror. McCafferty said: “I understand it was wrong, I was wrong and I did wrong and I am sorry.

I have remorse. I know if I’m found guilty I will have to serve time and in my mind, I’ve said to myself that that’s what I’ll have to pay back for what I’ve done and I’m OK with that. I hope that will cleanse my soul. I’ll take what’s coming, there’s no getting away from it.”

He said sexual physical contact between himself and a number of the players was regular and included fondling and masturbation. He also told how he shared naked showers with youth players after home wins and was involved in what he describes as ‘teenage orgies’ in changing rooms after matches. During his confession he said he had sexual contact with one boy to “toughen him up”.

McCafferty said only one player he approached sexually ordered him to stop. Despite his wide-ranging abuse McCafferty claimed he had never had non-consensual sex with any of the players. He added: “I never raped a boy, no, nobody would ever get away with that. Most clubs, most players would have been involved. It was part of the game. Without a doubt there are stacks of managers who wouldn’t have but there’s something different in the genes in me.”

Asked to explain why he felt the need to confess, he said: “Now I can take a breath again. My concern is if someone hurts me when I’m walking down the street.” McCafferty has offered to hand himself to the Police Service of Northern Ireland for questioning. Police Scotland have already launched an investigation into claims he abused young footballers in Scotland.

McCafferty says he hopes other people who have been in authority in football will now come forward and face their demons. He explained: “I’m willing to face it. No one has accused me of raping them but I cannot lie. My mind is working overtime, it’s only natural. There are things I’ve done and I have to accept that.

I read the Daily Record last week and I thought nothing has happened yet. I don’t want to hide anything. I have been haunted by what I did. I was lonely and they made me feel good. I wanted their company without a doubt although the greatest interest was football.”

A Celtic spokesman said: “This is an extremely serious allegation which we have immediately passed on to Police Scotland. We suggest any information or evidence you have should also be forwarded to police immediately.”

A spokesman for Hibs said the club hadn’t been contacted by the police concerning any allegations regarding McCafferty.

A spokesman for Fauldhouse United confirmed that McCafferty had been a coach at the club’s under sixteens side, Fauldhouse Boys Club, during the early 1980s, but said the club was aware of no allegations made against him covering that period.

Nobody at Armadale Thistle or Falkirk was able to comment after being contacted by the yesterday.
Shocking read.

Back