Real Madrid sign Ferland Mandy

iain18(7)2

Rebuilding well under way in Madrid. Jovic presented today, Hazard tomorrow, and they’ve just announced that they have signed Mendy too.

Can admin please edit his name in the thread title please?

Mendy is terrific.

What happens to Marcelo? Won everything there is but didn’t play every game this season & was off the boil (like a lot of team-mates).

Juve? EPL?

Tremendous signing, will be one of the best left backs in football if he continues to develop.

Strong and quick. His game is suited to Spanish football.

How do they cheat the FP rules? Chelsea on ban now over this but Real seem to be imune
How have they cheated?
The basics of the rules are bringing in more than you spend.
They haven't sold anyone yet, the season hasn't started so they've not brought in gate or tv money, they might not even have released a new strip yet.

They could well fall foul of FFP, right now they are just signing players.

How have they cheated?
The basics of the rules are bringing in more than you spend.
They haven't sold anyone yet, the season hasn't started so they've not brought in gate or tv money, they might not even have released a new strip yet.

They could well fall foul of FFP, right now they are just signing players.

Bale Isco and Benzema will scrape them a meagre 150 million odd back

Eden Hazard [€100m]
Luka Jović [€65m]
Eder Militao [€50m]
Rodrygo [€54m]
Ferland Mendy [€48m] Total: €317m

How do they cheat the FP rules? Chelsea on ban now over this but Real seem to be imune

Chelsea ban is over something else, but Real don't even need to get around it as its a nonsense rule, you can net balance only lose €5m a season + €25m from outside investment over a 3 year period (-€90m). Ronaldo money will no doubt be included with these current signings, so that gives them till 2021 or 2022 to make the other ~€120m, which they'll make in general profit even before you look at the €200-300m of deadweight they'll be trying to sell

Quality player, always amazes me people saying “ who’s this “ ... do half yous no watch the champions league or any other games except rangers or the EPL :D

Stuff like this makes me realise I’m so out of touch with football beyond Rangers these days. Never heard of him nor any Lyon player bar Dembele. Maybe it just happens when you get older, or it’s that the silly money kicking about the rest of European football just makes it all so much less exciting.
lol I'm kinda same as u only watch the bears used to watch all kinds of football don't really bother now I rarly miss a home game tho the bears are enough for me :)

Read earlier that RM have spent 319 million this summer already.

Sickening

People never stop whining about oil clubs while Madrid go on mammoth spending sprees with regularity, spending their countries money and forever getting around those pesky rules folk never shut up about.

People never stop whining about oil clubs while Madrid go on mammoth spending sprees with regularity, spending their countries money and forever getting around those pesky rules folk never shut up about.
Do they though? Madrid are the richest club in the world, their income is huge through tv rights, sponsorship etc, they spend what they earn. They will have the Ronaldo fee on this years balance sheet and will probably sell Bale for a similar amount, those two plus their normal profit levels will balance their books.

Do they though? Madrid are the richest club in the world, their income is huge through tv rights, sponsorship etc, they spend what they earn. They will have the Ronaldo fee on this years balance sheet and will probably sell Bale for a similar amount, those two plus their normal profit levels will balance their books.

They always say that but it’s bollocks. Their team wasn’t worth much the year they went and bought Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Alonso et al, breaking the world transfer record twice in a week. There was no big sales then. They’re dodgy as %^*&, have been for a long time.

They always say that but it’s bollocks. Their team wasn’t worth much the year they went and bought Ronaldo, Kaka, Benzema, Alonso et al, breaking the world transfer record twice in a week. There was no big sales then. They’re dodgy as %^*&, have been for a long time.

They have a yearly fan membership at €35 a pop that has over 1 million subscribers. €35M for basically offering people priority tickets, discounted merchandise and a birthday card.

1.5M people do their tour every year at €20 a pop, €30M a year for old rope.

Their average gate is €2.5M a home game. They’ll be playing a minimum of 25 home games a season, a conservative estimate is another €60M in gate revenue.

Add in player sales and you’re already at €200M revenue before you’ve even looked at tv and prize money.

Don’t think you’ve looked into this much, if it all. Your assertions are totally baseless. They’re incredibly well run and are nothing like an oil club.

They have a yearly fan membership at €35 a pop that has over 1 million subscribers. €35M for basically offering people priority tickets, discounted merchandise and a birthday card.

Their average gate is €2.5M a home game. They’ll be playing a minimum of 25 home games a season, a conservative estimate is another €60M in gate revenue.

Add in player sales and you’re already at €200M revenue before you’ve even looked at tv and prize money.

Don’t think you’ve looked into this much, if it all. Your assertions are totally baseless. They’re incredibly well run and are nothing like an oil club.

Neither have you. Where did you get those figures? From the club? I’m sure they’re accurate.

You should look into their running costs and their wage bills too before even considering their fudged figures and “aye we made the fee back in shirt sales after 2 days” fairly nonsense.

lol I'm kinda same as u only watch the bears used to watch all kinds of football don't really bother now I rarly miss a home game tho the bears are enough for me :)
Also in this club.
Few years back have up cable subscription and so lost the chance to watch any football other than local HK stuff which I never bother with.
Read about it in my lunchtime on football365 but have no real desire to watch it.
Think this may change when I retire and have more time on my hands but for now Rangers is plenty

Gareth Bale is on £600k a week basic = £30m a year on one player.https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/30/gareth-bale-real-madrid-new-contract-2022
There goes your fan membership revenue. Madrid have always been adept at financial smoke and mirrors.

Gareth Bale is on £600k a week basic = £30m a year on one player.https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/oct/30/gareth-bale-real-madrid-new-contract-2022
There goes your fan membership revenue. Madrid have always been adept at financial smoke and mirrors.

But then Real will have an agreement as part of his image rights that will cover that.

They get €150M a year from sponsorship, give or take €120M a year from prize money, €150M a year from TV, €60M in merchandise etc

The regular revenue streams are enormous, the idea they’re somehow as dodgy as the oil clubs is a fallacy. The two Spanish giants are incredibly well run and incredibly well marketed, and reap the benefits of that.

Real Madrid are spending the money they as a club generate, an entirely different business model to the oil clubs. Put your Barcelona allegiances to the side.

Quality player, always amazes me people saying “ who’s this “ ... do half yous no watch the champions league or any other games except rangers or the EPL :D
A lot of us don't because we're sick to the back teeth of what elite club football has become.

Personally, no, not apart from the CL latter stages. I don’t even watch EPL football bar the odd big game. Rangers consumes enough of my time.

If other folk enjoy it fair enough, each to their own.

Stuff like this makes me realise I’m so out of touch with football beyond Rangers these days. Never heard of him nor any Lyon player bar Dembele. Maybe it just happens when you get older, or it’s that the silly money kicking about the rest of European football just makes it all so much less exciting.
I'm the same mate, I don't play Fifa or PES, I'm pretty sure a lot of people learn about players by playing that

Latest posts

Back