What’s the latest on Greg Stewart?

Russell RFC

I was of the impression that this was pretty much a done deal and was ready to be announced once the season had ended. It seems to have gone quiet.

Anyone know where we are with him?

It's a done deal by all accounts and his contract isn't up at Birmingham till the end of the month I suspect something will be done to allow the move to be completed sooner.

Don’t think his contract with Birmingham terminates until towards end of June so won’t be announced until then. But I reckon he will still be at start of pre season on Monday

All depends I guess what it costs. Should admittedly not be much.
Realistically it should cost us (and save them) 2 weeks wages?
If he was on more at Brum than we offered maybe we'll need to make that up.
Can't see why it would be any more or less?

Realistically it should cost us (and save them) 2 weeks wages?
If he was on more at Brum than we offered maybe we'll need to make that up.
Can't see why it would be any more or less?
Possibly due a loyalty bonus if sees out contract. I know it’s only two weeks but Birmingham may be playing hardball if in financial difficulties especially as they’ll see the contract been a waste of money as not worked out

What's unique to Greg Stewart that he can't be announced as a Bosman signing until his current contract runs out?

What's unique to Greg Stewart that he can't be announced as a Bosman signing until his current contract runs out?

I reckon he's trying to wrangle every last penny out of Birmingham. Last month of contract doesn't get paid in these situations if he signs a deal at us.

Same deal with Hearts holding off on announcing Naismith despite the fact that it's been a done deal for months.

Not until official. His insurance won’t mean a thing until his contract is expired
His insurance will be for him, if it’s a club insurance then he’ll be under our club insurance
He won’t be the first player to go to another club while still under contract.
It’s like having two jobs, The only difference is that a player can’t be registered with the SFA until the realising club realeases it

It’s a registration issue.
Was never for this signing but as always I’ll welcome him and wish him all the best. Don’t waste this chance of a lifetime that’s apparently been given to you Greg.

I’ve also asked the same question. We could have signed him back in January and announced it then. We only need to wait till his contract terminates to register him.

Aye he's ancient. Should just retire.

You know what I mean.
He's not coming as a 21 year old prospect who will only improve.

He has it all to do to convince us, He will know that himself. So he's showing balls making the move I'll give him that

You know what I mean.
He's not coming as a 21 year old prospect who will only improve.

He has it all to do to convince us, He will know that himself. So he's showing balls making the move I'll give him that

He does but that is due to flopping at Birmingham and at Aberdeen (twice). Nothing to do with his age.

Contract runs to June 30th Has signed pre contract, Club trying to secure his registration release early so he can begin training.

as far as i know it’s all signed and sealed, his brimingham contract is finished and he is away abroad getting married.

no idea why it hasn’t been announced by the club to be honest but it is done and dusted.

as far as i know it’s all signed and sealed, his brimingham contract is finished and he is away abroad getting married.

no idea why it hasn’t been announced by the club to be honest but it is done and dusted.

Contract runs to 30th of June he’s been married and back from his honeymoon, I heard we’re awaiting Birmingham agreeing to release his registration early so we get him going.

Sometimes gems are found in the most unlikely of places. This lad seems to be something of a late developer. He has a lot to offer IMO.

I hope you're right
I can't say I'd seen much of him before the last 2 seasons & even then if I understand correctly he's missed a fair portion of games in that period

But anytime I have seen him I can't say he's impressed me much & I can't see where he's going to either be a first choice pick or give us any improvement -

Like I say I hope you're right & I'm missing something

Back