Motherwell Agree Fee With Them For Turnbull

Turnbull is a very good player and will add something a little different to their midfield in an attacking sense.
Firmly believe Turnbull will become a £10m-£15m player in time.
There is talk of Rogic and/or McGregor leaving them; so this signing being made by them early doors may suggest we've taken the lead in getting Aribo. If we can land him on a freebie then we will have the better deal just now.

If the lad wants to sign for a club of paedo harborors, play for TLB and perform for a bunch of pro-IRA singing fans, then that tells you all you need to know about his character.

Bullet dodged.

He hasn’t signed yet BB. I may be wrong but guys on here that know the family are saying he wants to go to England.

Look at the Motherwell statement ? To me it’s just begging an English team to match the scums price.

Just my take.

Im pretty annoyed were not signing him. £2m for Grezda but we’re unwilling to pay £3m for him. He could have been a stalwart for 10 years plus in our team. These dont come come along often and now weve missed another one.

Gonna give me the lottery numbers for Saturday. Nobody, but nobody, knows how this lad will turn out. 32 first team games in, goals against largely bottom 6 sides inc. penalties. By all accounts a good prospect but a long way from the finished article and what we need.

Yes mate. But I’d be very cautious of taking too much from they last 6 games with regards to our summer recruitment.

We clearly are trying to strengthen though bud, with Ojo and Aribo heavily linked.

Both would be decent additions, don't you think?

He hasn’t signed yet BB. I may be wrong but guys on here that know the family are saying he wants to go to England.

Nobody on here really knows what’s going on GY, don’t be fooled.

Heard all week that he won’t go to Celtic and that it won’t be anywhere near £3m blah blah blah.

No idea why you’d pretend to be in the know, but there you go.

Nobody on here really knows what’s going on GY, don’t be fooled.

Heard all week that he won’t go to Celtic and that it won’t be anywhere near £3m blah blah blah.

No idea why you’d pretend to be in the know, but there you go.

Sorry mate. Where did I say I was ITK ? Never have done on FF mate.

My comment was in relation to a couple of normal posters who know Turnbull’s family.

And even if they don’t know him, there must be some doubt that he wants to go if Motherwell make that statement ? No ? Otherwise why didn’t they delay the announcement until he had signed ?

Sorry mate. Where did I say I was ITK ? Never have done on FF mate.

My comment was in relation to a couple of normal posters who know Turnbull’s family.

And even if they don’t know him, there must be some doubt that he wants to go if Motherwell make that statement ? No ? Otherwise why didn’t they delay the announcement until he had signed ?

Sorry mate I didn’t mean you, I just meant in general!

There’s been 3/4 going on as if they’re Turnbull’s best pal.

We clearly are trying to strengthen though bud, with Ojo and Aribo heavily linked.

Both would be decent additions, don't you think?
Yeah I’d be happy with them, but not sure either are good enough right now to take us to the next level. Both young with a lot of developing to do in order to reach their potential.

I was personally hoping for decent investment in the problematic areas, considering the ST increase & Europa money. But seems like we’re going to try and do it the cheap way.

We were mate but look at the 15 games we drew/lost. Pretty sure the vast majority we scored 1, or not at all. That would be despite dominating 95% of they games, but not being able to break teams down, be creative enough, offer enough goalscoring thread.

Its a massive issue for us, the main issue that held us back last year.

Next season much more needs to come from the wide areas & central midfield. Thats why money needs spent in these areas.
Spot on.
Unless we find some creativity, genuine creativity then we won't be winning the title.

I'm sure the manager is well aware of this.

Folk need to calm it re the fee.

They've overpaid, out of the fear factor in losing McGinn last season.
It's a panic buy, designed to show them that Lennon will be backed.

Turnbull is a very good player and will add something a little different to their midfield in an attacking sense.
Firmly believe Turnbull will become a £10m-£15m player in time.
There is talk of Rogic and/or McGregor leaving them; so this signing being made by them early doors may suggest we've taken the lead in getting Aribo. If we can land him on a freebie then we will have the better deal just now.

I'd give it until the end of August before he's worth north of £20m.

Spot on.
Unless we find some creativity, genuine creativity then we won't be winning the title.

I'm sure the manager is well aware of this.
He definitely is, as is Allen, and due to how harsh/tough a manager Gerrard is I believe he won’t be swayed at the performances in the last 6 games when the title hopes were all but mathematically over.

Whether he is given what he wants remains to be seen.

A club record fee according to Raman on Twitter.

No denying he looks like a good player, they need to get their business done sharp so no surprise they have went in with such a big fee so early.

I would rather take a boy on loan from Liverpool, who's played 13 times in the first team, than pay over £3 mill.for a boy who's more or less just completed his first full season at a provincial club in the SPFL. omo.

He is a good player but all that matters is whether or not he improves their midfield. Christie, Mcgregor, Ntcham, Rogic, with lego eater in the holding position. Don't think the lad displaces any of them so more of a squad player, unless they are going to shift 1-2 players in the summer in which case they have a worse starting 11 anyway.

There's no doubt that he could be a very good player in the future, but a better stat to look at would be his xG. He's clearly out performing his xG.

If we can get Aribo in for free or a low development fee and given what we paid for Kamara, we've clearly done the better business.

Out scoring his xG by how much?

A risky signing for me. I can honestly say that I didn't want us to use £2m signing a boy that, for me, is unproven and not ready for our first team

Has had half a season of looking decent against bottom six spfl teams - was anonymous/awful every time we played them.

I dont think it will work out for him

Wholeheartedly agree imo.your spot on, i would have been raging, if we had spent that amount of money on an untried player, when there are more experienced players that can be bought at that price.
The boy may have talent, but i think he's a fair bit to go, before he can hold down a first team spot with them across the city.

He is not on Twitter what a shame would have like to have told him about the club he is about to join,
unless he knows already but doesn't have any morals .....
Some may say a bit childish on my part do I care , yes I do care that's why I do it

Out scoring his xG by how much?
As of 4th May (will of changed a bit), his projected goals per 90 was 0.19, actual goals 0.29.

Jake Hasties projected goals per 90 0.28, actual goals 0.58.

Both outscored their expected goals, Hasties rate is projected to half, Turnbulls will drop a bit too.

He may , in time, turn out to be a player worth many millions.

But the one thing he will not get at Celtic [or Rangers for that matter] is time.

There is too much pressure on both teams to deliver, them or us cannot afford to have passengers or youngsters learning their trade, especially in this coming season.

Imagine if he signs for Celtic and he makes the two mistakes which lead to goals, just like his last game against us. It would be far better for the boys development to go to a club in England where mistakes are just part and parcel of the game and he can learn without repercussions.

They're paying for potential, it may pay off it may not. The way I see it is this:

Would I like him at Rangers? Yes. Would he be a starter/improve our first 11? No. Would he improve our options off the bench? Possibly. That's not a £3 million player at the moment.

Are folk having a go at us, for not signing "creative players" this window? and saying they don't expect us to do them?

The windows been open 2 days. The vast majority of clubs and players are still on holiday

I think we should’ve went for him and at the price the paedos are paying he’d be an excellent investment. A goal scoring midfielder is exactly what our team is crying out for IMO.

Also find it quite interesting that there are guys talking down the fact a 19 year old lad scored 15 goals from central midfield but think 22 year old Ryan Kent is outstanding yet he’s only scored 10 goals in his entire career (125 games).

Turnbull was poor when we played them at Fir Park but so was Jake Hastie and we’re all excited about his potential.

Its amazing how people get caught up in the hype, most people on here will have seen less 300 minutes of him playing in his entire career.

Not saying he isnt a good player but it will take more than a good 6 months at Motherwell before I get too concerned.

Just seems desperate from Celtic more than anything else. A decent player with some potential but he's not going to set the world on fire and he's not going to have their usual £10m plus sell on tag they are so used to faking.

Its very difficult to judge how an attacking player in the SPL will fare at either us or them. A lot of attacking players at other clubs have much more space to drive into and are not met with a wall of 10 players in front of them. The big test is when they come up against this and we have that scenario too with Jones and Hastie although as they are free transfers its much less of a gamble for us.

Yeah I’d be happy with them, but not sure either are good enough right now to take us to the next level. Both young with a lot of developing to do in order to reach their potential.

I was personally hoping for decent investment in the problematic areas, considering the ST increase & Europa money. But seems like we’re going to try and do it the cheap way.

We still ran at a loss last season and that was even with 14m of Euro Revenue on the books. There's no magic warchest for us.

We need to be smart with our recruitment. We will probably spend about 5m net again outwith any fees we bring in, that's why selling Morelos for a huge fee is key to our rebuild.

He may turn out to be a good player or a one season wonder but at the end of the day I don't think it's worth spending a £3 million fee for and it's obvious our management team think the same if we wanted him we would have put in a bid

I think we should’ve went for him and at the price the paedos are paying he’d be an excellent investment. A goal scoring midfielder is exactly what our team is crying out for IMO.

Also find it quite interesting that there are guys talking down the fact a 19 year old lad scored 15 goals from central midfield but think 22 year old Ryan Kent is outstanding yet he’s only scored 10 goals in his entire career (125 games).

Turnbull was poor when we played them at Fir Park but so was Jake Hastie and we’re all excited about his potential.

I agree we should have placed a bid. Had we had a midfielder who contributed 16 goals last season we would have likely won the league. A lack of goals from midfield cost us. Let's hope this season was a flash in the pan for him. Goal s oring midfielders are hard to come by

He is a good player but all that matters is whether or not he improves their midfield. Christie, Mcgregor, Ntcham, Rogic, with lego eater in the holding position. Don't think the lad displaces any of them so more of a squad player, unless they are going to shift 1-2 players in the summer in which case they have a worse starting 11 anyway.

McGregor and Brown aside, that's a pretty poor midfield.

Ntcham and Rogic were very poor last season and Christie never turns up against us.

With Davis, Kamara,Jack and Arfield, we look way stronger than them now in that department.

Back